PDA

View Full Version : Has London 2012 met/exeeded your expectations?

Black Dagger
09-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Simple question. :pipe:

I will give my verdict in the morning.

Legend killer
09-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Has been great however the lack of genuine excitment in the athletics has ruined it's chance to be the GOAT games

Also the Irish fans at the boxing today owned all the GBR who have been at the events FACT

Shaun
09-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Far exceeded. I went into them thinking that the UK press and media would be reporting everything as if it were a huge national embarrassment, and I'd have hated that. But more than anything it's just all been lovely, I've not been aware of any negative coverage or horrible controversies (apart from the Daley tweets)... and the competitions and sports have been really compelling.

I didn't think anything would surpass Beijing because I really enjoyed staying up until like 2am to watch the events :laugh: but it's been great.

MTVN
09-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Far exceeded, thought I wouldn't be that bothered by most of it but all I've done the last couple of weeks is sit there and watch it all day, good to see team GB do well too

Locke.
09-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Exceeded.

Outside of the Football and Tennis I didn't really think I'd care too much about other events, but ended up not caring about the football and loving most of the others (apart from the horse dancing).

Will be a bit boring in the house once it's over.

Novo
10-08-2012, 12:40 AM
The BBC Coverage has been perfect and the support for Team GB from everyone has been so much better then i expected it to be, it's going to be awful when it's all over because i've spent most days for the past 2 weeks just watching it all and unable to move myself away from the TV, things that you'd never ever expect to see have happened.. like Andy Murray beating Federer with ease, All those World Records in the Velodrome getting destroyed by Team GB, those two young swimmers destroying everyone like they've been doing it for years, Spain getting beat by Honduras, that night with Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Greg.. superb. :worship:

Princess
10-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Exceeded, I thought I would just watch the ceremonies but it's drawn me in and it's so good.

Braden
10-08-2012, 12:50 AM
It's exceeded for me.

I've surprised myself with how interested I've been in the games. I'm quite patriotic, so I knew I'd like the Olympics being over here, but I didn't think I'd be watching so many of the sports.

It's been absolutely brilliant, the coverage has been excellent and for once it's actually nice to be interested in sport, because I never am and was ignorant to just think that I disliked all sports because I'm not that sort of person, but yeah, it's definitely broadened my horizons.

Never thought I'd be as happy for the athletes this year.

GypsyGoth
10-08-2012, 01:06 AM
It has exceeded them.

I think it was the launch that impressed me a lot. It was something very different and unexpected.

Then I fell in love with the swimming races in the first week, I wish that was on tv more.

Also I didn't expect to be inspired by some of the athletes and their backstories, and that's happened a few times.

Jordan.
10-08-2012, 01:10 AM
I didn't plan to watch hardly any of it yet I have done everyday so definitely.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
10-08-2012, 01:10 AM
i had none to begin with so yes

Conor
10-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Meh, I think its been average imo. Was let down by the temporary looking venues around London and lack of atmosphere at the events as well as the opening ceremony in the getting lost in the middle. That doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed it though. The athletes have been top quality and the medal count is looking good for the UK. It's also weird thinking it's all happening here. Out of all the others I've seen I've seen, I'd rank it Beijing> Sydney> London> Athens.

Jords
10-08-2012, 01:59 AM
I thought it was gonna be an overrated load of tosh tbh, the build-up was annoying with it being reported everywhere but Ive actually really enjoyed it.

Black Dagger
10-08-2012, 12:04 PM
For me it definitely exeeded any expectations I had, I was fully expecting to get annoyed by day 4.

But I've watched sports that I'd never dream of watching before... while they may not be the main ones I loved watching the Judo, Taekwondo, Double Trap etc.

I've never liked sports, I don't watch it, but I've been so hooked on the Olympics and have been cheering along... after Murray's win last week in the Tennis, I think I'll watch more this year when I see schedules.

lostalex
11-08-2012, 06:31 AM
It's been a good games, but i think because i'm so familiar with the UK, it's not as special as other olympics. In other olympics like China or Brazil in 2016, it's not just about the games, but also about being immersed in a new culture. Because British culture is so Americanized it just doesn't feel as special as when the games are held in a place with a very different culture. It almost feels like an American games.

You know what i mean?

London has been awesome though, i can't think of anything to fault them on, everything has been well executed. Definitely a great games. Well done London and UK!