PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Canada

Munchkins
10-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Well Big Brother Canada is airing in 2013
anyone else so excited?
it will be following the format of BB US. Should be a great, back to basics first season with none of grod*****s rigging

reece(:
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm just happy she's not involved as she's already ruined one BB format

Roy Mars III
10-08-2012, 03:10 PM
yea, excited for it

brisbanebroncos
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Fantastic!

Macie Lightfoot
10-08-2012, 09:08 PM
brisbanebroncos, how can one like Dick, Boogie, Adam, and Frank from BBUS?

CaPPa
20-08-2012, 06:05 AM
After watching every season of BB UK, Celebrity BB, BB USA and several seasons of BB Australia I'm really looking forward to BB Canada (as it's where I live).

I'd like to audition for it but I'm not sure that I would do very well in the American format.

BBGermany
04-09-2012, 10:16 PM
It's going to be so Americanised.
If they follow the US version it shouldn't be called Big Brother.
=(

BBfanUSA
04-09-2012, 11:14 PM
BBUSA has influenced others to take a spin on the US ideas' like talking about noms and changing noms after they've been revealed.

Think about it, It deserves to be called Big Brother

Munchkins
05-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm just happy she's not involved as she's already ruined one BB format

Yeah shes definitely ruined series with her rigging :/

Lwize
08-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Big Brother Canada Casting

July 2012 through January 2013
Casting call to coincide with premiere
of Big Brother on Global
Teasers air beginning July 12
Online casting submissions
Cross-country tour September

Big Brother Canada House Construction

September through November 2012
Construction begins in September
at an indoor location near Toronto
House includes an indoor/outdoor
set

Big Brother Canada Start Date

Airing on Slice
Feb 18 x 10 weeks with 3
one-hour episodes per week
2 episodes taped, 1 episode live
Airing on Slice

http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/big-brother-canada-start-date-tentatively-set-february-18-2013/

CND$100,000 prize

US series clone :(

Roy Mars III
08-09-2012, 06:36 PM
the more the format is like the American one, the better

reece(:
09-09-2012, 01:00 AM
the more the format is like the American one, the better
:worship:

Brekkie
20-09-2012, 10:32 PM
The US version is far more like "Big Brother" than the UK version today - mainly thanks to the live feeds. It's the only version which has kept multiple live feeds over the years, rather than cutting back to just the one, then none at all, at the first opportunity.

DrunkerThanMoses
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I cant wait, it will be like having two seasons of big brother usa a year :)

BBfanUSA
01-10-2012, 12:11 PM
The US version is far more like "Big Brother" than the UK version today - mainly thanks to the live feeds. It's the only version which has kept multiple live feeds over the years, rather than cutting back to just the one, then none at all, at the first opportunity.

yeah but there's constant accusations of rigging (Only 1 time that you'd have to be an idiot to not agree with but then again the gal was an idiot for opening Pandora's Box), then again with some of the even worse bullcrap that's happened on the UK version. The US version is still better than the UK version.

Even if the US version goes to fishies every 5 minutes.

DanielLuis
14-10-2012, 03:04 PM

Portugal still has it.

BBfanUSA
20-11-2012, 12:58 AM
http://www.realitynation.com/tv-shows/big-brother/canada-house-tour/23231/

The Backyard will be completely inside and they'll simulate Day and Night. There's a tour of the house currently in construction right now inside this link by Reality Nation

LemonJam
20-11-2012, 01:25 AM
the backyard is indoors?! that's so brutal :laugh:

BBfanUSA
22-11-2012, 01:53 PM
And I saw a pic of the BY they're building. There's pool in the middle of the backyard and the ceiling's pretty low. I'd thought it would be two stories.

Over 10,000 people auditioned for it and it's confirmed that only 14 hopefuls will win keys.

House currently being worked on
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.311250952321239.70739.239909169455418&type=1

Gstar
22-11-2012, 02:14 PM
It would be nice if they did something a little different to BBUS :/

BBfanUSA
12-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Official Launch Date is Feb 27th 2013

BBC will have it's own After Dark. Officially confirmed.

_Seth
12-12-2012, 02:20 PM
What's After Dark? An Adults Only Uncut show?

BBfanUSA
12-12-2012, 02:50 PM
What's After Dark? An Adults Only Uncut show?

After Dark is where they broadcast 3 hours of feeds (Sometimes live sometimes not) every night in America. Probably here as well.

DrunkerThanMoses
18-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Apparently the live feeds will be free to watch

Munchkins
18-01-2013, 09:52 PM
So so so excited

reece(:
18-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Apparently the live feeds will be free to watch
:amazed:

DrunkerThanMoses
19-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Not sure if the live feeds will be blocked in uk/us, hopefully not

BBfanUSA
20-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Hollywood Reporter said it will be geo blocked. I guess Youtube will have to do. Still jealous that their feeds are free.

newsbb
24-01-2013, 12:12 AM
im excited about another country taking the bbusa format!

jyunga
24-01-2013, 07:30 PM
As a Canadian I love the fact so many people on here outside of Canada plan to watch this. Very exciting and I hope it's successful enough to keep it going. It would be awesome to have Big Brother during the winter in Canada and summer in US/UK each year.

Petershaw1984
30-01-2013, 08:45 AM
any house pics out there?

BBfanUSA
30-01-2013, 02:26 PM
other than it being under construction, no nothing.

The layout looks like it's similar to the US house to some people but I think there will be some modifications here and there.

BBfanUSA
08-02-2013, 02:33 AM
Tickets to our first four live evictions on Feb 28, Mar 7, 14 & 21 are now available!

If you are interested in attending, please contact bbcaudience@insighttv.com with the subject line: Big Brother Canada Tickets for [Date Requested].

Please include your name, email address, phone number & number of tickets requested in the body of your email.

Please note that we cannot guarantee tickets, you must be able to travel to the Greater Toronto Area and the minimum age is 11.

Tickets are now on sale. There's an eviction on Day 2 or 3 apparently.

In a commercial there will be 15 entering, so having a early eviction makes sense.

lostalex
08-02-2013, 04:42 AM
I can't wait for the Canadian BB.

I'm a big fan of the Real Housewives franchise here in the US (especially Atlanta and Beverly Hills), and when i heard Canada was gonna do a Canadian version (real housewives of vancouver) i was skeptical, but it turned out to be great, and it's on the same channel (Slice) so hopefully Slice doesn't disappoint.

I'll definitely be watching. I really hope our Canadian friends will be uploading the eps and keeping the rest of us updated.

Does anyone know if the live feeds will be free to people in the US as well? we let Canadians watch BBUS, so it's only fair that they let us watch BBCAN plzzz.

DrunkerThanMoses
08-02-2013, 08:08 AM
I can't wait for the Canadian BB.

I'm a big fan of the Real Housewives franchise here in the US (especially Atlanta and Beverly Hills), and when i heard Canada was gonna do a Canadian version (real housewives of vancouver) i was skeptical, but it turned out to be great, and it's on the same channel (Slice) so hopefully Slice doesn't disappoint.

I'll definitely be watching. I really hope our Canadian friends will be uploading the eps and keeping the rest of us updated.

Does anyone know if the live feeds will be free to people in the US as well? we let Canadians watch BBUS, so it's only fair that they let us watch BBCAN plzzz.

Pretty sure I read that only Canadians get the free feeds sorry

lostalex
08-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Pretty sure I read that only Canadians get the free feeds sorry

racist bastards. :(

jyunga
11-02-2013, 05:24 AM
Woot free feds. I heard the winner only gets $100k? I hope they keep it that low and use lots of money from advertises to keep feeds and stuff free!

BBfanUSA
11-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Woot free feds. I heard the winner only gets $100k? I hope they keep it that low and use lots of money from advertises to keep feeds and stuff free!

I think they also get a Car and A Trip as well.

BBfanUSA
16-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Updates
They're having their own press day. The Host Arisa Cox is there as well.
The first show will be simulcasted on Global (Where BBUSA airs) and Slice (The channel where the season will air)
HGs to be revealed on the first show, will not be appearing in ads.

BBfanUSA
16-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Updates
The first show will be simulcasted on Global (Where BBUSA airs) and Slice (The channel where the season will air)

Josiah.
16-02-2013, 12:57 AM
So the identities of the BB Canada HGs are going to be a secret until Launch Night. I can't believe that photos of their house aren't online yet. They're probably going to keep that a secret until launch night too.

lostalex
16-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Updates

umm, but which channel will it be shown on in the US? :conf:

BBfanUSA
16-02-2013, 01:05 AM
umm, but which channel will it be shown on in the US? :conf:

It's not going to sorry. YT will have to do.

And Josiah they're planning to release the pics soon. What's the point of having a press day like the US version then.

lostalex
16-02-2013, 01:51 AM
It's not going to sorry. YT will have to do.

And Josiah they're planning to release the pics soon. What's the point of having a press day like the US version then.

that's so selfish. so Canada gets to watch all our BB's but we don't get to see yurs?

wtf.

rk3388
16-02-2013, 01:54 AM
that's so selfish. so Canada gets to watch all our BB's but we don't get to see yurs?

wtf.

its not selfish on canada's part, its selfish on americas part. Im sure if america really wanted BBcanada it would happily be shown
America just wants their citizens to watch shows from their own country.

lostalex
16-02-2013, 02:33 AM
its not selfish on canada's part, its selfish on americas part. Im sure if america really wanted BBcanada it would happily be shown
America just wants their citizens to watch shows from their own country.

That doesn't even make sense. America shares our shows with the whole wide world, but nobody ever sends us much back. yea, we got Degrassi, and we get Downton Abbey, but we sent out WAY MORE shows to you guys then you give to us.

It's not fair. :(

And you totally ruined Fringe. America get's screwed over by foreign TV.

jyunga
16-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Your comments make no sense lostalex :P

Canadian stations pay to get shows from the US. You guys aren't giving out tv shows for free.

You won't be able to watch BB Canada because no station in the US cares about paying for it.

lostalex
16-02-2013, 05:59 AM
Your comments make no sense lostalex :P

Canadian stations pay to get shows from the US. You guys aren't giving out tv shows for free.

You won't be able to watch BB Canada because no station in the US cares about paying for it.
but it's being shown FREE for everyone in Canada, the live feeds are FREE there. , so why should we have to pay for it?

I'm going to send a very strongly worded e-mail to Ms. Julie Chen about this, and if you know anything about Ms. Chen, you'd know that she knows how to get her way. If Julie can't do it, no one can. For Canada to be depriving us of their Big Brother is just protectionist and nationalistic and as an American i won't stand for it. America has done so much for Canada over the years. It's a slap in the face.

jyunga
16-02-2013, 08:17 PM
but it's being shown FREE for everyone in Canada, the live feeds are FREE there. , so why should we have to pay for it?

I'm going to send a very strongly worded e-mail to Ms. Julie Chen about this, and if you know anything about Ms. Chen, you'd know that she knows how to get her way. If Julie can't do it, no one can. For Canada to be depriving us of their Big Brother is just protectionist and nationalistic and as an American i won't stand for it. America has done so much for Canada over the years. It's a slap in the face.

What is 'free'? Are you referring to just the live feeds? The show itself isn't free for Canadians. We pay cable/satellite for that content.

As for the live feeds, we Canadians pay to get access to the American live feeds. If the American live feeds were free they would also be geolocked just like the Canadian live feeds are.

I'm starting to think you are just trolling though.

Brekkie
17-02-2013, 08:17 PM
CBS have the US rights so only they could show it (or one of their spin offs), and they'd probably prefer not to just in case it turns out better or features a twist they'll want to use themselves in the future.

lostalex
18-02-2013, 10:41 PM
It would make more sense for them to offer the Canadian feeds to Americans for the same price that we pay for the American feeds, do a deal with SuperPass. That way Canadians could still get it for free, and they could make some extra money from all the American BB fans.

BBfanUSA
18-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Apparently they will be revealing the hgs before the launch guess they changed their minds.

Macie Lightfoot
18-02-2013, 11:13 PM
It would make more sense for them to offer the Canadian feeds to Americans for the same price that we pay for the American feeds, do a deal with SuperPass. That way Canadians could still get it for free, and they could make some extra money from all the American BB fans.

k get over it.

jyunga
19-02-2013, 01:12 AM

No US station has picked up BB Canada to broadcast in the US. Why would Slice (a Canadian channel who wants to give free live feeds out to Canadians) go to the effort of signing a deal with Superpass so a tiny handful of Americans can watch them? Especially when they'll likely be recorded and tossed on youtube :P

lostalex
19-02-2013, 01:14 AM
No US station has picked up BB Canada to broadcast in the US. Why would Slice (a Canadian channel who wants to give free live feeds out to Canadians) go to the effort of signing a deal with Superpass so a tiny handful of Americans can watch them? Especially when they'll likely be recorded and tossed on youtube :P

umm, cause they'd make more money? duh.

lostalex
19-02-2013, 01:15 AM
k get over it.

don't start with me.

jyunga
19-02-2013, 01:56 AM
umm, cause they'd make more money? duh.

They only make money from Superpass buying the rights to distribute the live feeds. Why would Superpass want to buy the rights when the huge majority of the viewership will have access to the live feeds for free?

lostalex
19-02-2013, 03:00 AM
They only make money from Superpass buying the rights to distribute the live feeds. Why would Superpass want to buy the rights when the huge majority of the viewership will have access to the live feeds for free?

they could do a better deal than that. they could work out a deal that benefits everyone.

Macie Lightfoot
19-02-2013, 03:20 AM
don't start with me.

I'm not starting with you, you're just whining too much for no reason.

lostalex
19-02-2013, 03:32 AM
I'm not starting with you, you're just whining too much for no reason.

really? whining? because i think it's dumb that BBCAN is not taking advantage of the American market? that's whining?

Macie Lightfoot
19-02-2013, 05:04 AM
racist bastards. :(

wtf.

That doesn't even make sense. America shares our shows with the whole wide world, but nobody ever sends us much back. yea, we got Degrassi, and we get Downton Abbey, but we sent out WAY MORE shows to you guys then you give to us.

It's not fair. :(

And you totally ruined Fringe. America get's screwed over by foreign TV.

Yes, whining.

PS I highly doubt a majority of American BBUS viewers give a **** about BB Canada. Only forum users know and somewhat care.

lostalex
19-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Yes, whining.

PS I highly doubt a majority of American BBUS viewers give a **** about BB Canada. Only forum users know and somewhat care.

wait, so what are you tryna say? I'm beginning to think that you're a canadian..,

Munchkins
19-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Wait, will there be any way i'll be able to watch the live feeds??
i used to always watch the US ones, and i'm from the UK..

Macie Lightfoot
19-02-2013, 04:02 PM
wait, so what are you tryna say? I'm beginning to think that you're a canadian..,

I'm saying that the only Americans who remotely care about BB Canada are forum users, and they happen to make up a very small fraction of BBUS viewers. Not enough people would care for Slice and production to go through all the hassle to make the show easier for Americans to watch when so few people would watch it in America. And this is all coming from an American.

Munchkins
19-02-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm saying that the only Americans who remotely care about BB Canada are forum users, and they happen to make up a very small fraction of BBUS viewers. Not enough people would care for Slice and production to go through all the hassle to make the show easier for Americans to watch when so few people would watch it in America. And this is all coming from an American.

I completely agree, whilst it is a pain to big brother fans (like me) hardly anyone from America will care about the Canadian version, just as hardly anyone from the UK even knows about the US one

lostalex
19-02-2013, 04:08 PM
BUT, BBCANADA is being played on SPLICE, which isn't a basic channel right? I't's my understanding that Splice is basically like the Canadian version of Bravo...
Bravo is not a major station in the US eigther, so why couldn't they put it on Bravo??

BB Canada is not on the major networks like CBC or CTV or Global...it's on a cable station. It's on the same cable station that plays the Real Housewives shows...

Josiah.
19-02-2013, 04:16 PM
BUT, BBCANADA is being played on SPLICE, which isn't a basic channel right? I't's my understanding that Splice is basically like the Canadian version of Bravo...
Bravo is not a major station in the US eigther, so why couldn't they put it on Bravo??

BB Canada is not on the major networks like CBC or CTV or Global...it's on a cable station. It's on the same cable station that plays the Real Housewives shows...

Umm, Alex; BB Canada could air on Showtime 2. Bravo can't air BB Canada because Bravo is owned by NBC and Showtime 2 is (somewhat) owned by CBS.

lostalex
19-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Umm, Alex; BB Canada could air on Showtime 2. Bravo can't air BB Canada because Bravo is owned by NBC and Showtime 2 is (somewhat) owned by CBS.

wait, so then who owns Slice? cause it's clear that Slice is almost exactly like Bravo. And why was BBCANADA sold to an NBC owned channel to begin with? ANd is SLice owned by the same company as Global? cause Global shows BBUSA in canada right?

this is all very confusing.

Josiah.
19-02-2013, 06:28 PM
wait, so then who owns Slice? cause it's clear that Slice is almost exactly like Bravo. And why was BBCANADA sold to an NBC owned channel to begin with? ANd is SLice owned by the same company as Global? cause Global shows BBUSA in canada right?

this is all very confusing.

The company that owns Global owns Slice. CBS and Shaw Media (Owner of Global and Slice) have an agreement to air BBUS on Global and BB:After Dark on Slice (used to air on Global Reality). So basically, BB Canada wasn't sold to NBC to air on Bravo.

Macie Lightfoot
19-02-2013, 11:03 PM
It's not confusing at all: hardly any Americans know about nor will they care about BB Canada. Simple as that.

lostalex
21-02-2013, 07:38 AM
The company that owns Global owns Slice. CBS and Shaw Media (Owner of Global and Slice) have an agreement to air BBUS on Global and BB:After Dark on Slice (used to air on Global Reality). So basically, BB Canada wasn't sold to NBC to air on Bravo.

but Slice also airs Real Housewives of VANCOUVER, , which is a show that started on Bravo. So if Slice and Bravo can make a deal to show real housewives, why can't they make a deal to show Big Brother?

Brekkie
21-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Because Bravo has nothing to do with CBS, who hold the rights to Big Brother in the US. You'll be able to watch it just like we'll be able to watch it - just takes a little bit of effort.

Anyway, watch this (http://ca.screen.yahoo.com/big-brother-canada-house-tour-163000793.html) and enjoy.

Jarrod
21-02-2013, 08:56 PM
The House is amazing - Looks like a mix of BBUK/US.

Patrick
25-02-2013, 08:17 PM
It's ironic how Canadians online have always outspokenly said they wished they had BBUK in their country because they hate the US one.

Then they finally get their own series, and it's a replica of the USA one :laugh:

jyunga
25-02-2013, 10:56 PM
It's ironic how Canadians online have always outspokenly said they wished they had BBUK in their country because they hate the US one.

Then they finally get their own series, and it's a replica of the USA one :laugh:

Canada averages around 1.6 million viewers each episode of BBUSA. Probably a few hundred if that are into BBUK from clips on youtube. It's kind of a no brainer we'd get a USA version unfortunately :/

Macie Lightfoot
26-02-2013, 12:17 AM

It's predictable how you have always outspokenly exaggerated how much <demographic> loves BBUK and hates BBUS and now you're doing it again. Holy **** you're relentless

reece(:
26-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Because online Canadians represent the entire nation :laugh:.
I'm so glad they're following the USA format, I couldn't be doing with a Canada TOWIE/BB rip off on top of the one C5 gives us already.

Petershaw1984
26-02-2013, 08:31 PM
A few house pics and an interview with the house designer

http://www.slice.ca/shows/bigbrothercanada/photos.aspx?gallery_id=6442451046#1

I love that diary room chair. Also love the cooker/table thingymajig

Calderyon
27-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Live TV link for BB Canada which was posted to Jokersupdates.com:

http://www.bigbrotherarchive.com/wp/tv-live-stream/

Apparently you might be able to watch livestream from there also...

reece(:
27-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Does it start tonight?

reece(:
28-02-2013, 02:00 AM
could someone PM me some links?

Mokka
28-02-2013, 02:32 PM

You say this as if Canadian's held a referendum to chose which version they wanted. Big Business made this decision for us.

Brekkie
28-02-2013, 03:09 PM
It's not as if channel bosses are going to go "BBUSA works quite well for us - let's make a Canadian version but use a completely different format unfamilar and untested on our audience".

Petershaw1984
28-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Enjoyed the first episode. Quite like peter and the veto winner, also like the big girl too.

toronto_matt
01-03-2013, 02:38 AM
new live stream (march 1st):

http://www.justin.tv/120410#/w/4998014176/10

also, first 2 eps + first 2 bb after dark episodes on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigBrotherCA2013/videos?view=0