PDA

View Full Version : How did Big Brother get the Situation

gravity
17-08-2012, 02:53 AM
I'm from New York and I can tell you that this dude is legit famous and known by almost everybody in America, no matter what age they are. How did Big Brother get a real star like him to sign on. He must be paid at least a million to be fair. And also this guy is the biggest **** stirrer and they also call him the snitch-uation around here

PInternet
17-08-2012, 03:08 AM
I'm from New York and I can tell you that this dude is legit famous and known by almost everybody in America, no matter what age they are. How did Big Brother get a real star like him to sign on. He must be paid at least a million to be fair. And also this guy is the biggest **** stirrer and they also call him the snitch-uation around here

He probably thought that BB is still as huge in the UK as it is in America.

lostalex
17-08-2012, 03:08 AM
They called his agent. It would be interesting to find out how much they are paying him though. i cant imagine it's anything less than 30 grand.

swinearefine
17-08-2012, 03:12 AM

He probably doesn't even know BBUS exists. The only people that do are the fans.

PInternet
17-08-2012, 03:15 AM
He probably doesn't even know BBUS exists. The only people that do are the fans.

This year's premiere had 7.1 million viewers, while Jersey Shore lately averages around 7.6 million viewers per episode (while the first couple of seasons hovered around 3.5 million per episode). Pretty comparable.

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 03:17 AM
i don't know, i'm aware of how big he is in the US
so i was confused of how big brother managed to get him in there.
but the impression i got from him is that he just wanted to do it for the experience. So maybe it didnt bother him how much he was offered to get in the show, he probably took it at the first offer.
But surely he must have been paid over 100K at the least.

its possible that he is the biggest celebrity they've paid to get in the show, cuz there is no way that he is a Z-list celebrity.

its also possibly why they got the ones like, Samantha/Harvey/Danica/Rhian etc. who i can almost ganrantee were all pain less than a grand.

there budget was probably focused to get him in the show, but i was surprised that they didnt get any one from Gordie shore, cuz when he came in i was convinced that one idiot from GS would also be going in.

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 03:17 AM
but the impression i got from him is that he just wanted to do it for the experience. So maybe it didnt bother him how much he was offered to get in the show, he probably took it at the first offer.

its possible that he is the biggest celebrity they've paid to get in the show, cuz there is no way that he is a Z-list celebrity.

its also possibly why they got the ones like, Samantha/Harvey/Danica/Rhian etc. who i can almost ganrantee were all pain less than a grand.

there budget was probably focused to get him in the show, but i was surprised that they didnt get any one from Gordie shore, cuz when he came in i was convinced that one idiot from GS would also be going in.

BBfanUSA
17-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Jersey Shore is HATED as much as LOVED over here (It's like a American TOWIE)

I would call him Z-list.

He was on Dancing With The Stars (Strictly Come Dancing USA) he was 3rd or 4th eliminated. I think he could last until finale night.

Who knows maybe he's a big brother USA fan and learned about the celeb brit version?

gravity
17-08-2012, 03:23 AM
No really cares about BBUS here in the states. It's so corny and cheap

lostalex
17-08-2012, 03:23 AM

sad but true :(

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 03:27 AM

well it is, well not as huge as it was, but considering that big brother has higher viewing rate than Gordie shore, the counter-part of the show he came from. its a pretty big show to be in.

but still, he a huge star and a big character, and makes the show a worthy watch

lostalex
17-08-2012, 03:31 AM
this is Mike's favorite song according to his pre-interview....:love:

C8ElS3eS0I8

:colour::hello::colour:

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 03:32 AM

wow surprised to hear that, especially knowing that BBUS and JS almost have the same amount of viewers

PInternet
17-08-2012, 03:34 AM
I wasn't saying that BB was particularly huge here in the US if you compare to scripted shows but it still has a fairly large viewer base for a reality show.

swinearefine
17-08-2012, 03:39 AM
Jersey Shore is bigger because it has essentially the same cast every year, so the fans remember them and care about them after the season ends, whereas most BBUS houseguests are forgotten shortly after the season ends. Plus Jersey Shore is on MTV so it has a much narrower group of viewers, largely teenagers and early-20s, and BBUS attracts people from teenagers to old people. At my High School EVERYONE watches/talks about Jersey Shore except for me, but I'm the only one who watches BB.

Ramsay
17-08-2012, 03:41 AM
i just cannot wait until he walks out the doors the winner and talks about it on jersey shore :D

Withano
17-08-2012, 03:44 AM
He was on Strictly Come Dancing. He probably just loves being on TV. Probably just an attention seeker. I'm sure becoming more famous around the world trumps any sum of money in his head considering he's already pretty loaded. That's my theory anyway!

PInternet
17-08-2012, 03:44 AM
i just cannot wait until he walks out the doors the winner and talks about it on jersey shore :D

That would be awesome. Unfortunately, the final season of Jersey Shore (at least, with this cast) has already finished filming. So unless by some chance Season 6 gets tremendous ratings and they decide to do more seasons, we won't see it happen. :(

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 03:46 AM
Jersey Shore is HATED as much as LOVED over here (It's like a American TOWIE)

I would call him Z-list.

He was on Dancing With The Stars (Strictly Come Dancing USA) he was 3rd or 4th eliminated. I think he could last until finale night.

Who knows maybe he's a big brother USA fan and learned about the celeb brit version?

oh i wasn't aware that Jersey Shore is loved and hated there, just thought it was loved
Gordie shore here is definitely more hate, mostly in newcastle though cuz they give their city a bad image, the people in that show are just about Katie Price hated.

i cant help but think, if they got someone from Jersey Shore, then surely they must have made an offer to someone from Gordie Shore, if they did, its wouldn't be surprising that the offer was declined straight away, cuz a Gordie shore member going in the house is a garanteed boo from from the crowd.

Ramsay
17-08-2012, 03:47 AM
i was expecting jay from geordie shore to go in too..would of been cool a jersey and geordie member from each show in there

lostalex
17-08-2012, 03:48 AM
I've never met anyone that hates Jersey Shore, it's only Journalists and Critics that hate Jersey Shore.

swinearefine
17-08-2012, 03:52 AM
I've never met anyone that hates Jersey Shore, it's only Journalists and Critics that hate Jersey Shore.

I despise it, as do a lot of my friends. Everyone else seems to love it, though.

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 03:52 AM
i was expecting jay from geordie shore to go in too..would of been cool a jersey and geordie member from each show in there

oh did you, i was expecting one of the girls, a Jersey Shore boy, and a Gordie shore girl in the house, thats how i thought it was gonna be.

LOL imagine vicky going in, the crowd would have murdered her:devil:

lostalex
17-08-2012, 03:55 AM
I despise it, as do a lot of my friends. Everyone else seems to love it, though.

why are you like that? are you like a hipster or something? are you too cool for school?

swinearefine
17-08-2012, 03:57 AM
why are you like that? are you like a hipster or something? are you too cool for school?

Yes. There are two kinds of people in the world, the Jersey Shore fans and the hipsters.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
17-08-2012, 03:58 AM
maybe he just wanted to take part for the experience :shrug:

lostalex
17-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Yes. There are two kinds of people in the world, the Jersey Shore fans and the hipsters.

you don't need to tell me, i've read the bible, so stop acting like mr. smarty pants plzz. Mr. hipster too cool for school oohhh look at me, i'm eating some fresh vegetables and i'm not watching Jersey Shore, i'm soo HIP, and COOOOL. :idc:

swinearefine
17-08-2012, 04:00 AM
you don't need to tell me, i've read the bible, so stop acting like mr. smarty pants plzz. Mr. hipster too cool for school oohhh look at me, i'm eating some fresh vegetables and i'm not watching Jersey Shore, i'm soo HIP, and COOOOL.

okay

lostalex
17-08-2012, 04:01 AM
ugh, Americans don't get my sense of humor...

swinearefine
17-08-2012, 04:02 AM
ugh, Americans don't get my sense of humor...

or they just don't find it funny.

lostalex
17-08-2012, 04:04 AM
or they just don't find it funny.

ugh, Americans so don't get irony...

swinearefine
17-08-2012, 04:06 AM
I understand how this is supposed to be funny, but it's not. Sorry

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 04:07 AM
ugh, Americans so don't get irony...

lol i thought you were american?

swinearefine
17-08-2012, 04:08 AM
lol i thought you were american?

That's part of the "humor"

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 04:14 AM
That's part of the "humor"

oh right! I see

PInternet
17-08-2012, 04:14 AM
^There's a situation going on in this thread.

rayheartbliss
17-08-2012, 04:19 AM
^There's a situation going on in this thread.

its all part of his charm.

lostalex
17-08-2012, 04:19 AM
It's so funny when people pretend to have understood all along.

saving face, so Chinese.

toronto_matt
17-08-2012, 04:49 AM

don't think you can really make a statement like that on behalf of your entire country.

BBUSA was the highest rated CBS show during the last 3 weeks and only second to the Olympics overall for a good 14 days on nights it aired. Sure it doesn't get 10+ like say.. survivor or amazing race who have been around just as long but 5+ mil 3 days a week is nothing to put down. Wouldn't exactly say thats no one caring lol

1mil or less with a 1.0 or less demo, now that would be not caring. its still got a few good years left.

gravity
17-08-2012, 05:26 AM
It's not really that big relative to Jersey Shore. Jersey Shore will trump BBUS any night and this is coming from a BBUS fan. The numbers are so close because BBUS is on CBS which is a local/basic channel and MTV is cable and usually way more money per month on Comcast, Direct TV, Dish, etc. However BBUS is getting so corny it's not even funny. The DR sessions are so force and cringy. And these stupid features like Zingbot are just corny.

Angus
17-08-2012, 05:43 AM
The question is not how BB managed to get him, it's why did they bother? Haven't we got enough brain dead, deluded, wannabe reality tv dickheads in the UK to choose from?:idc:

iRyan
17-08-2012, 06:23 AM
I'm surprised as well. Yes, he's a reality star, but he's one of the most famous reality stars ever in America. If you are 14-25 and you don't know who he is, you've been living in a cave.

kefln
17-08-2012, 10:50 AM
The OP asked how BB managed to get The Situation onto the show?

The answer is simple: money + fame.

A “celeb” is simply a person that is paid by being in the public eye, a singer, actor, TV star, or whatever.

BB contacted his agents and made an acceptable offer. Part of their pitch would be the number of famous ex-US HM’s that have been in the house.

From The Situations point of view there is also the fame factor. He’s already famous in the US, but the man has a shelf life. Making as much money as possible, now, is the game. And just like stars from this side of the world trying to make it in the States, the US stars are interested in cracking the European market. In this case the UK. While its very hard to become famous in the US, due to the fractured market, comparably speaking its easier here. And given the massive fame hungry market that exists in the UK, there is money to be made, if you can gain traction. People already know who he is, but we don’t know a lot about him. Hence BB.

Course if it all goes wrong, he can fly home, and no one in the States will care! :D

What I found interesting was how few people seemed to know him. I’m willing to bet that this dented his ego.

From my perspective, I think he'll be a great HM, he's a charismatic muscle head. We all kinda know he's a bit of a dog, so it will be fun watching him sniff around the ladies! :hugesmile:

flamingGalah!
17-08-2012, 11:21 AM

I have never met anyone who watches Jersey Shore :joker:

Literally not one of my friends or family had even heard of 'The Situation' before...

Locke.
17-08-2012, 11:28 AM
They get 100k for each episode of Jersey Shore don't they? So that works out at about 8-900k for 3 weeks. I'd imagine he'd be getting at least half of that for doing possibly the same amount of time on Big Brother.

Josy
17-08-2012, 12:42 PM

Less than a grand? thats just bollocks tbh :laugh:

MTVN
17-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah I'd be surprised if any of them are getting less than 50k

Yayita
17-08-2012, 12:48 PM

You are out of your mind, The situation is not a REAL celebrity in the states LOL. He is well known for the show but if you ask any american they wouldnt consider him a celebrity-- more like a joke.

Roy Mars III
17-08-2012, 12:56 PM

:joker:

Roy Mars III
17-08-2012, 12:57 PM
They probably told him it had a lot of viewers

Brother Leon
17-08-2012, 01:02 PM
500k.

gravity
17-08-2012, 01:14 PM
The OP asked how BB managed to get The Situation onto the show?

The answer is simple: money + fame.

A “celeb” is simply a person that is paid by being in the public eye, a singer, actor, TV star, or whatever.

BB contacted his agents and made an acceptable offer. Part of their pitch would be the number of famous ex-US HM’s that have been in the house.

From The Situations point of view there is also the fame factor. He’s already famous in the US, but the man has a shelf life. Making as much money as possible, now, is the game. And just like stars from this side of the world trying to make it in the States, the US stars are interested in cracking the European market. In this case the UK. While its very hard to become famous in the US, due to the fractured market, comparably speaking its easier here. And given the massive fame hungry market that exists in the UK, there is money to be made, if you can gain traction. People already know who he is, but we don’t know a lot about him. Hence BB.

Course if it all goes wrong, he can fly home, and no one in the States will care! :D

What I found interesting was how few people seemed to know him. I’m willing to bet that this dented his ego.

From my perspective, I think he'll be a great HM, he's a charismatic muscle head. We all kinda know he's a bit of a dog, so it will be fun watching him sniff around the ladies! :hugesmile:

Best post ever!

the truth
17-08-2012, 01:24 PM
In March 2011 Sorrentino appeared on the Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump, where fellow participant Lisa Lampanelli reported that he was widely booed by the audience.[15] In August of that year, Sorrentino was offered a "substantial" sum of money by fashion retailer Abercrombie & Fitch not to wear the company's clothes. A spokesman for the company explained that "Mr Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image."[16][17] In November 2011, Sorrentino filed a lawsuit against A&F after they made shirts that read "The Fitchuation" and "GTL...You Know The Deal

smeagol
17-08-2012, 01:29 PM
jersey shore is just wrong on every level talk about give a place a bad name.

chuff me dizzy
17-08-2012, 01:36 PM

In New York, but not in Yorkshire :bored:

cheapbbfan
17-08-2012, 01:45 PM
There have been bigger people in the Celeb BB house than Mike. This doesnt seem like something he'd be above doing. The JS's popularity has waned and he needs to do stuff to remain relevant and make money. He's a hustler and probably used this to increase his exposure outside his usual audience

Marc
17-08-2012, 01:51 PM
A lot of money

robb
17-08-2012, 02:49 PM

Really? wow....never heard of him.

Gillian-73
17-08-2012, 02:57 PM
In New York, but not in Yorkshire :bored:

:D nor in Cheshire

InOne
17-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Never heard of this guy until CBB. I watched about 10mins of Jersey Shore and within 2mins a fight broke out between two girls which was pretty hot. Other than that it seemed boring and trashy. They gave Italian-Americans a bad name :nono:

Blue Cadillac
17-08-2012, 03:13 PM
The question is not how BB managed to get him, it's why did they bother? Haven't we got enough brain dead, deluded, wannabe reality tv dickheads in the UK to choose from?:idc:

Brilliant comment. Just sums it all up perfectly.

chuff me dizzy
17-08-2012, 03:21 PM
:D nor in Cheshire

Over inflated egos or what ? :sleep:

MeMyselfAndI
17-08-2012, 03:47 PM
He was most likely the most expensive person to get, well almost certainly! Martin really wanted to go in, as would of Coleen.

Zincubus
17-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Maybe the thread should have been "Why" not how tbh . Obnoxious .

Gillian-73
17-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Over inflated egos or what ? :sleep:

Indeed Chuff

Ramsay
17-08-2012, 05:38 PM
well it will squash the ''he's too big for the show'' arguments for neil patrick harris next year

Novo
17-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Didn't he say he has never been to London before? that probably paid a big part in it

Livia
17-08-2012, 06:04 PM
For someone who Googles himself every day and thinks he's bigger than Jesus, vanity probably played a major part in his decision.

Novo
17-08-2012, 06:08 PM
For someone who Googles himself every day and thinks he's bigger than Jesus, vanity probably played a major part in his decision.

He never said he was bigger then Jesus that was just the BOTS ***** making out he did, he said he was searched more on google then Jesus which is very true.. but as usual on BOTS they have to overboard and make it look like he was Cocky in the way he said it but he was just stating a fact :bored:

Ramsay
17-08-2012, 06:08 PM
if you were famous of course you would google yourself everyday..and he never said he was bigger than jesus he just pointed out that jesus was only like 14th on the list

Livia
17-08-2012, 06:10 PM
He never said he was bigger then Jesus that was just the BOTS ***** making out he did, he said he was searched more on google then Jesus which is very true.. but as usual on BOTS they have to overboard and make it look like he was Cocky in the way he said it but he was just stating a fact :bored:

He said, and I quote: "I was fourth on the list. Jesus was tenth.".

Shaun
17-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Livia stop pretending Jesus is relevant :rolleyes: bloody jews, can't let it go

Novo
17-08-2012, 06:11 PM

And that's a fact he's only talking about Google results

Livia
17-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Livia stop pretending Jesus is relevant :rolleyes: bloody jews, can't let it go

Oi... no mocking the Chosen Ones or I'll be arranging a plague of locusts to descend onto the forum.

Livia
17-08-2012, 06:14 PM
And that's a fact he's only talking about Google results

I think that, from the strange pride he showed at how high up the list he was compared to Jesus, it was quite clear what he meant.

MTVN
17-08-2012, 06:16 PM
well it will squash the ''he's too big for the show'' arguments for neil patrick harris next year

If they did get NPH half the forum would probably still say they had no idea who he is and think he's a nobody :idc:

Novo
17-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I think that, from the strange pride he showed at how high up the list he was compared to Jesus, it was quite clear what he meant.

probably in your imagination

Shaun
17-08-2012, 06:18 PM
If they did get NPH half the forum would probably still say they had no idea who he is and think he's a nobody :idc:

or know who he is but remember that How I Met Your Mother is a TOTAL PILE OF HORSE MANURE

*dodges karl's shoes*

MTVN
17-08-2012, 06:21 PM
or know who he is but remember that How I Met Your Mother is a TOTAL PILE OF HORSE MANURE

*dodges karl's shoes*

Ohh controversial

Ramsay
17-08-2012, 06:24 PM

*dodges karl's shoes*

http://menversus.com/images/jerseyshores02e01hdtvxv.gif

Livia
17-08-2012, 06:24 PM
probably in your imagination

I didn't imagine he said it. I'm giving you my interpretation of it. You disagree, and that's fine.

John Lennon made a similar statement in the 60s, outrage followed and discussions as to whether he literally meant that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. Everyone's going to interpret it differently depending on whether they rate him. I just don't rate him.

Locke.
17-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Think people need to realize that Mike actually IS Jesus

Novo
17-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Situation getting compared to the late great John Lennon he must be doing something right

Livia
17-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Situation getting compared to the late great John Lennon he must be doing something right

LOL... Okay, I set myself up for that, I admit.

Novo
17-08-2012, 06:38 PM
you are free to destroy Locke for his comment

Yayita
17-08-2012, 07:14 PM
WTF is happening in here? Why are you all comparing this degenarate with some of the greatest people in history? Meh!

He is just another fame hungry dude that got lucky because MTV created a show, he has no talent.. except getting laid.

Tym
17-08-2012, 07:34 PM

Actually, it was some obscure thing, I think: "Is Jesus dead?" And he said it with a smile. I think it was more wtf than anything else.

he has no talent.. except getting laid.

Tis a curse.

I like Mike, but I keep expecting him to say something really, really cringe worthy. Although he does have the best facial expressions ever.

MrWong
17-08-2012, 07:38 PM

I'm glad they bothered, he could be good value.

My question is, how the fluck has he got 50+ members in his fan club?

He hasn't even done anything?

Gillian-73
17-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Actually, it was some obscure thing, I think: "Is Jesus dead?" And he said it with a smile. I think it was more wtf than anything else.

Tis a curse.

I like Mike, but I keep expecting him to say something really, really cringe worthy. Although he does have the best facial expressions ever.

Livia was right. "i was fourth, Jesus was tenth" was what he said.

Johnnyuk123
17-08-2012, 07:57 PM
He might be big in america but he's still a twat.

chuff me dizzy
17-08-2012, 08:00 PM
He might be big in america but he's still a twat.

:worship:

Ramsay
17-08-2012, 08:03 PM
an entertaining twat :idc:

chuff me dizzy
17-08-2012, 08:24 PM
an entertaining twat :idc:

A boring twat !! what as he done in the house? followed birds about like a bitch on heat, hardly mind-blowing :sleep:

aman201
17-08-2012, 08:24 PM
ive never even heard of this situation guy.