PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Julie

chuff me dizzy
17-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Right as you may know im a BIG fan of Julie, but WELL shocked, wtf did she nominate Coleen ?

GypsyGoth
17-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I thought they were friends the way they chatted on the first night.

I can't really explain why she picked Colleen.

chuff me dizzy
17-08-2012, 10:53 PM

Im still in a state of shock ,and im sure Coleen is too

Jordan.
17-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Julie is the quote maker of the series :worship:

Glad she nominated Coleen as well, her face was a picture.

reece(:
17-08-2012, 10:55 PM
the Coleen nomination made her a favourite

chuff me dizzy
17-08-2012, 10:59 PM
I agree she can vote for who shes chooses,but her and Coleen have been close from night one ,I thought the "over 29`s" would have stuck together

cassieparis
17-08-2012, 11:07 PM

She doesn't like her?

Fendertele
18-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Coleen was the only one who had a go at Julie when she chucked the drink over Cheryl, when they were doing the task on the first night. Maybe that stuck in Julies mind when she nominated Coleen?.

Kazanne
18-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Coleen was the only one who had a go at Julie when she chucked the drink over Cheryl, when they were doing the task on the first night. Maybe that stuck in Julies mind when she nominated Coleen?.

I wouldn't call it 'Having a go' she said it tongue and cheek,surely Julie would have known that

joeysteele
18-08-2012, 08:26 AM
I was puzzled at that, maybe though in that situation you maybe choose the person you think would be least offended at being chosen by you,that may understand more, I wouldn't think there was any reason for it other than that Julie really hadn't a clue who to pick so soon.

Coleen was clearly not pleased though, so interesting to see what happens now.It may have been far worse had Coleen actually been up this week,as it is it may go down to first nomination nerves.

Gillian-73
18-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I reckon she didn't think anyone else would nominate Coleen and she thought she'd possibly be ok with it and she could use the missing her kids reason. Julie seemed to take face to face noms badly and used a cop out. Whatever her reasoning it was unexpected and disappointing! I wanted some real honesty from her, that being said i do still like her a lot!

kefln
18-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Trying to eliminate the competition?

There are natural favourites in the house. People like Julian, Martin, Coleen, Julie and Cheryl have a fanbase.

A drunken, sodden, mess of a woman, somehow won CBB the last time around and she was a Loose Woman. Perhaps Julie was hoping to get rid of that possibility straight away?

Jake.
18-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Tbf in the quickness of the moment you have to pick someone, Coleen was probably the only HM Julie thought she could choose. Had it have been normal nominations, everyone may have nominated differently due to not feeling pressured. And Julie has come out with the best quotes so far (along with Julian).

Blue Cadillac
18-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Trying to eliminate the competition?

There are natural favourites in the house. People like Julian, Martin, Coleen, Julie and Cheryl have a fanbase.

A drunken, sodden, mess of a woman, somehow won CBB the last time around and she was a Loose Woman. Perhaps Julie was hoping to get rid of that possibility straight away?

I think this is exactly why Julie picked Coleen. And I didn't really buy her whole "I can't do it, I don't know who to pick..." routine. Julie is a stronger character than that, and I think her acting came into play a bit here, pretending she was upset about nominating someone. Julie knows Coleen is a strong character in the house, with a big fanbase. I think it was a clever move on Julie's part (or not so clever since Coleen wasn't up in the end). I believe Coleen will be more watchful of Julie now. Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer!!

Gizmo
18-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Coleen is judgemental. Julie isn't.

rusticgal
18-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Julie chose a good allie there....she had numerous housemates to pick and she chose Coleen...what has she in common with the likes of Rhian and Jasmine and a few others?? next she is consoling Jasmine after her vitriolic rant against the Prince....does not make sense to me.
I was also suprised at her pathetic reason for nominating her...the 'missing family thing' and 'I cant do this'...pathetic and a big let down.y

chuff me dizzy
18-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Julie chose a good allie there....she had numerous housemates to pick and she chose Coleen...what has she in common with the likes of Rhian and Jasmine and a few others?? next she is consoling Jasmine after her vitriolic rant against the Prince....does not make sense to me.
I was also suprised at her pathetic reason for nominating her...the 'missing family thing' and 'I cant do this'...pathetic and a big let down.y

Rustic ,Im going off Julie quick ,Last night nominating Coleen who had been her smoking partner from night one, then tonights arselicking of Jasmine and the way she had 2 arms around her in the diary room ,finishing every sentence for her, and calling her "good mate, close friend"FFS youve known each other 2 pissing days !! talking as if she had just been told she had hours to live ,No Julie, you are quickly losing my support

Jake.
18-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Julie hasn't seen what Jasmine has actually said about Danica though. She was just giving support for someone who was in tears,don't read too much into stuff.

chuff me dizzy
18-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Julie hasn't seen what Jasmine has actually said about Danica though. She was just giving support for someone who was in tears,don't read too much into stuff.

Oh come on :shocked::shocked::shocked: it was pathetic, and Julie milked it for all it was worth

Jake.
18-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Oh come on :shocked::shocked::shocked: it was pathetic, and Julie milked it for all it was worth

Can things just never be what they appear though? She saw a girl was crying, and was being nice. A bit too nice maybe, but had it had been any of the girls her reaction would have been the same. Don't grab the pitchfork just yet chuff.

Gillian-73
18-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Rustic ,Im going off Julie quick ,Last night nominating Coleen who had been her smoking partner from night one, then tonights arselicking of Jasmine and the way she had 2 arms around her in the diary room ,finishing every sentence for her, and calling her "good mate, close friend"FFS youve known each other 2 pissing days !! talking as if she had just been told she had hours to live ,No Julie, you are quickly losing my support

I'll tell you what stuck out with me. Some were sat smoking and Jasmine said their nomination reason was weak or something like that and Julie said, she's right! She'd used that same excuse for nomming Coleen fgs. Having said that she also made me laugh

chuff me dizzy
18-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Can things just never be what they appear though? She saw a girl was crying, and was being nice. A bit too nice maybe, but had it had been any of the girls her reaction would have been the same. Don't grab the pitchfork just yet chuff.

I grabbed the pitchfork last night, when she stabbed Coleen with hers ,does she think Coleen is in with a chance after Denise winning last year ,naah :nono: she gone right downhill

Jake.
18-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I'll tell you what stuck out with me. Some were sat smoking and Jasmine said their nomination reason was weak or something like that and Julie said, she's right! She'd used that same excuse for nomming Coleen fgs. Having said that she also made me laugh

But to me it seemed Julie didn't want to use that as a reason to nominate anybody, she may have been feeling foolish after?

rusticgal
18-08-2012, 11:25 PM

Julie is older and wise enough to know there is no smoke without fire. I also noticed Julie agreeing to Jasmines condemnation of peoples reasons of picking a cheap reason of 'people missing their children' as being weak....Julie could be heard agreeing....Well that was exactly Julies reason for picking Coleen.
Julie is trying to be seen as the peacemaker but showing herself to be very hypocritical at the same time....disappointed.

chuff me dizzy
18-08-2012, 11:25 PM

EXACTLY !!! Yes she makes me laugh too,but shes two faced and patronising

Jake.
18-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I grabbed the pitchfork last night, when she stabbed Coleen with hers ,does she think Coleen is in with a chance after Denise winning last year ,naah :nono: she gone right downhill

Oh come off it. We see 1 out of 24 hours a day, and everybody had to nominate somebody, even for someone they like. Julie probably has close relationships in there with alot of them now, and the 'misssing the family' excuse may have been the only thing she could think of. She's bloody 70, I really doubt she has the time to care about being the biggest gameplayer in there.

chuff me dizzy
18-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Julie is older and wise enough to know there is no smoke without fire. I also noticed Julie agreeing to Jasmines condemnation of peoples reasons of picking a cheap reason of 'people missing their children' as being weak....Julie could be heard agreeing....Well that was exactly Julies reason for picking Coleen.
Julie is trying to be seen as the peacemaker but showing herself to be very hypocritical at the same time....disappointed.

Oh yes, she wants to be seen as the house Mother, but shes failed as far as Im concerned, of all the people to nominate she chose Coleen ,Im not saying she isnt allowed to chose her,but her excuse was lame, and she said same to Jasmine about people nominating her for it, double standards ,im SO disappointed in her, I had her as my co fav with julian

rusticgal
18-08-2012, 11:29 PM

Agree Chuff...made me cringe...total hypocrisy. TBH very disappointed..thought she was going to be the Adam and Luke A and being brutally perseptive.

MrWong
18-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Loved her chat with her deceased mate, who'd come back as a seagull :joker:

Reminded me of when she was on 'I'm Famous and Frightened' and was chatting away to Annie Walker during a seance. She's nuts.

Jake.
18-08-2012, 11:30 PM
That's your opinion, will have to agree to disagree tonight chuff lol.

Gillian-73
18-08-2012, 11:31 PM
But to me it seemed Julie didn't want to use that as a reason to nominate anybody, she may have been feeling foolish after?

Maybe but it still come across as hypocritical. I like her she is very funny but tonight she slipped down my rating a bit.

Gillian-73
18-08-2012, 11:35 PM

I don't think it's about that. Coleen was the easy choice in her eyes because she could use the missing her kids reason because she didn't want to or didn't have anything else. A cop out yes game play no

armand.kay
19-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Coleen is just a irritating prat and she dint want to cause drama so she made up a different reason :joker:

Yayita
19-08-2012, 12:34 AM
It surprised me as well and also her closeness with Jasmine, which I have yet to believe.. Lets see how it plays out.

Mokka
19-08-2012, 05:53 AM
I think she see's Jasmine as a younger version of herself... or she remembers her own life as a single mom in the spot light, having men in power mess her about, and going through a phase where she was with a women etc... I think Colleen is more judgemental and there personalities are really not the same even if they are part of the older women in the house. She was ahead of her time and a looker at one point so she probably does get along with the younger group for that alone.

She's the always young at heart type and she still has me on her side.

Blue Cadillac
19-08-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm also really disappointed with Julie. Gone right off her. Hypocrite and a gameplayer. I had really high hopes for her in the beginning, but now.....she's lost my respect.

Sophiee
19-08-2012, 10:32 AM
this confused me too, I thought they were two of the closest in there.

Black Dagger
19-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Meh, I don't like Coleen, so her nominating her didn't affect me at all, infact it probably made me like her more.

Patricia4
19-08-2012, 11:41 AM
I said this lastnight I cant understand why Julie is standing by Jasmine it made me sick when Julie told Danica to leave it when she was talking to Jasmine.

Kizzy
19-08-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't like julie, the swearing and the sexual references?...too much :(

Gillian-73
19-08-2012, 11:45 AM
I said this lastnight I cant understand why Julie is standing by Jasmine it made me sick when Julie told Danica to leave it when she was talking to Jasmine.

I think she can relate to her. Julie went through a similar thing re: being left to bring up her son alone. I think Julie can see Jasmine's instability too. Still it did seem OTT

Kizzy
19-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I think she can relate to her. Julie went through a similar thing re: being left to bring up her son alone. I think Julie can see Jasmine's instability too. Still it did seem OTT

Since when did raising children alone turn you into a hypocritical, bitchy, self serving bint? :joker:

Jake.
19-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Since when did raising children alone turn you into a hypocritical, bitchy, self serving bint? :joker:

But Julie hasn't seen that in Jasmine.... yet.

Gillian-73
19-08-2012, 11:58 AM

Lol since Jasmine gave birth :laugh3: Julie was comforting her i think because she can relate to her and her son and that's what she was nommed for. I could be way off but that's how i saw it :D She was very hypocritical though seeing as she'd nommed Coleen for the same thing.

Jordan.
19-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Coleen is terrible and thinks she's untouchable in there. Julie put her in her place good and proper.

glasstangerine
19-08-2012, 01:19 PM
I really think that Julie is following Sara's logic when it comes to nominations. She nominated someone she was pretty sure no one else would so that she wouldn't have to feel bad for contributing to someone going up. Judging by Julie's reaction to the reveal, I think I'm right.

waterhog
19-08-2012, 01:22 PM
i think it was a mistake and a big one at that - lets see if she dose it again - but she dose have to do someone -

Ellen
19-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I think Julie picked Coleen because she thought no one else would & used the children excuse because thats all she had.
After only a couple of days getting to know people there isnt much you could give a good reason for.
I like Julie & it will take a bit more than her nominating someone for a crap reason & consoling an upset person to change that.

chuff me dizzy
19-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Loved her chat with her deceased mate, who'd come back as a seagull :joker:

Reminded me of when she was on 'I'm Famous and Frightened' and was chatting away to Annie Walker during a seance. She's nuts.

That was one of THE most cringeworthy things Ive ever seen

erinp5
19-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I didnt like her when I heard she was going in but the first/second night I thought she was a game old bird and very funny.Last night I went back to square one with her .I couldn't believe her when she agreed with Jasmine that Lorenzo's reasons for nomming her were out of order,Julie used the same reasons to nom Colleen.Then the OTT acting in the DR with Jasmine was pathetic and sad.I had to throw the towel in when I watched he speak to her deceased friend the "Seagull".

chuff me dizzy
19-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I didnt like her when I heard she was going in but the first/second night I thought she was a game old bird and very funny.Last night I went back to square one with her .I couldn't believe her when she agreed with Jasmine that Lorenzo's reasons for nomming her were out of order,Julie used the same reasons to nom Colleen.Then the OTT acting in the DR with Jasmine was pathetic and sad.I had to throw the towel in when I watched he speak to her deceased friend the "Seagull".

Yes, she went downhill with Coleen, went further downhill fawning over Jasmine ,then fell off the cliff with the"seagull"

Diatom
19-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I about fell off the couch when I saw Julie..
I used to watch Coronation Street like everyone else there but I haven't been back since 1984 so it was like seeing a ghost. Crazy how seeing her after all this time can stir up such strong emotion.
Love her and hope she does well.

Blue Cadillac
19-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh dear. The seagull thing just wrapped it all up for me. Time to fly, Julie....

rusticgal
19-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Get the straight jacket....

chuff me dizzy
19-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Get the straight jacket....

She went into full actress mode !!

mr rochester
20-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I think Julie needs to be very careful if she keeps up her alliance with Jasmine. She will lose any creditability she may have if this continues.

Angus
20-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I think Julie needs to be very careful if she keeps up her alliance with Jasmine. She will lose any creditability she may have if this continues.

She's enabling Jasmine's behaviour by validating it. I agree with Coleen, Julie is not all she seems, she's quite fake.

realitytvsux
20-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Yes, she went downhill with Coleen, went further downhill fawning over Jasmine ,then fell off the cliff with the"seagull"

The seagull thing was a bit much alright and the Jasmin friendship is certainly weird, it will be interesting to see where she takes it next I would prefer a wacky turn to a theatrical one.

Kazanne
20-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Someone has said on BBBOTS that Julie is fake.

Gillian-73
20-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Someone has said on BBBOTS that Julie is fake.

She sure is with Jasmine imo. At first i thought she empathised due to similar situations, bloke left them single mother etc, after the noms but she goes so ott it doesn't ring true now at all. She said tonight she didn't want it anymore but then was straight in there again!

chuff me dizzy
20-08-2012, 10:39 PM
She's enabling Jasmine's behaviour by validating it. I agree with Coleen, Julie is not all she seems, she's quite fake.

Yes, her stroking of Jasmine, her" Im your Mum in here,I love you"Utter BS, I ,like Coleen have read things about Julie and she IS being fake,did anyone else spot the"Do you want to go to the diary room?" she knew its was one on one camera time, thats why she had one arm round Jasmine and the other one stroking her hair ,to think night one i was a fan :shocked::shocked:

chuff me dizzy
20-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Also while my soap box is out, did you notice when BB called them to the sofas to annouce Mikes task result, she had one arm around Danica and a hand on Mikes shoulders, shes got Harvey( :yuk: ) calling her his Nan, shes playing a blinding game in there

rusticgal
20-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Julie is truly getting on my nerves. She will sail thriugh to the final by being everyones friend and 'old legend'. She went in the house riding off the Street character that she portrayed when in fact she is someone who says the right things to everyone but its not genuine or heartfelt... Maybe she is working 'camera time' but people need to stop seeing her as the 'legend' and see her as just a dumb old bird....

flamingGalah!
20-08-2012, 10:50 PM
I LOVE Julie! Her erratic & bonkers behaviour just makes me like her more :joker:

I don't think she is playing a game either, she is genuinely a batty old mare...

chuff me dizzy
20-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Julie is truly getting on my nerves. She will sail thriugh to the final by being everyones friend and 'old legend'. She went in the house riding off the Street character that she portrayed when in fact she is someone who says the right things to everyone but its not genuine or heartfelt... Maybe she is working 'camera time' but people need to stop seeing her as the 'legend' and see her as just a dumb old bird....

On night one I joined her fan club on here, just as I did last year with Natalie, that 2 years running ive changed my mind by night 4 ,oh yes, her palce in the final is a cert, shes hanging around all the young ones to try to become "Mum/Nan" of the house, and its working ,I smelt a rat when she nominated Coleen ,but I think Julie worked out she was more sure of a place in final by being Mum to the young ones, VERY crafty

Jordan.
Julie getting ganged up on now by the loose women viewers I see.

rusticgal
Yes, her stroking of Jasmine, her" Im your Mum in here,I love you"Utter BS, I ,like Coleen have read things about Julie and she IS being fake,did anyone else spot the"Do you want to go to the diary room?" she knew its was one on one camera time, thats why she had one arm round Jasmine and the other one stroking her hair ,to think night one i was a fan :shocked::shocked:

Chuff...I too saw her as a favorite...but thats cos we saw her playing a 'part' and that part was a strong minded woman who stood her ground....in the last few days she has clung on to everyone and mothered everyone and failed to give any independant opinion....what a huge let down. Bet must have been her altered ego!!!

Jake.
20-08-2012, 10:54 PM

:joker: I love Julie. People read too much into things.

rusticgal
20-08-2012, 10:55 PM

I dont favour Loose women....and in fact when Coleen went in I judged her negatively....but in fact she has been a better and more honest HM than Julie and I now regard her as one of the better HM's.

Amy Jade
20-08-2012, 10:55 PM

As expected...

chuff me dizzy
20-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Chuff...I too saw her as a favorite...but thats cos we saw her playing a 'part' and that part was a strong minded woman who stood her ground....in the last few days she has clung on to everyone and mothered everyone and failed to give any independant opinion....what a huge let down. Bet must have been her altered ego!!!

Yes she is a real letdown,shes let HERSELF down too

Kazanne
20-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I do think she is funny,but I have gone off her a lot,much prefer Cheryl ,Julian,Colleen and Martin at the moment

chuff me dizzy
20-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I dont favour Loose women....and in fact when Coleen went in I judged her negatively....but in fact she has been a better and more honest HM than Julie and I now regard her as one of the better HM's.

Coleen is lovely, and shes straight, shes not a arselicker, and its nothing to do with Loose Women ,its about Coleen nolan

chuff me dizzy
20-08-2012, 10:58 PM
I do think she is funny,but I have gone off her a lot,much prefer Cheryl ,Julian,Colleen and Martin at the moment

Yes,she has her moments that I laugh at her, but Im cringing more than laughing at the moment

Jake.
20-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Coleen is lovely, and shes straight, shes not a arselicker, and its nothing to do with Loose Women ,its about Coleen nolan

Coleen thinks a bit too much of herself for my liking, but the hate towards her is not warrented.

Blue Cadillac
20-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Really disliking Julie now. Like others, I had high hopes on day 1, thinking it would be interesting to watch her. Now it just makes for uncomfortable viewing seeing her befriend Jasmine and the younger crowd. I also find her quite crude for an older woman. I find her quite unpleasant. She's not what I expected at all. By the way, I'm no Loose Women fan, but Coleen Nolan is by far coming across in a better light right now.

BJ
20-08-2012, 11:51 PM

I absolutely agree Chuff.

Very disappointed with Julie. I wonder if the 2 trips to the DR with Jasmine were for air time when she'd previously been telling Julian she didn't want to play the mother role to her again.

Razor
21-08-2012, 12:01 AM
She is growing in me. :)

sosadbbend
21-08-2012, 12:06 AM
I think this is exactly why Julie picked Coleen. And I didn't really buy her whole "I can't do it, I don't know who to pick..." routine. Julie is a stronger character than that, and I think her acting came into play a bit here, pretending she was upset about nominating someone. Julie knows Coleen is a strong character in the house, with a big fanbase. I think it was a clever move on Julie's part (or not so clever since Coleen wasn't up in the end). I believe Coleen will be more watchful of Julie now. Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer!!

Def agree with this and also backed up by what colleen said in DR re julie possibly been a bit fake.

BJ
21-08-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm not a Loose Women fan either but am much prefering Coleen to Julie now.

Jords
21-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Julie has been hilarious! Coleen is a bit of a bore..

Josy
21-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Coleen is too full of her own self importance, I'm glad Julie nominated her.

Jords
21-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Coleen is too full of her own self importance, I'm glad Julie nominated her.

Yeah I get that impression on Coleen too.

jet
21-08-2012, 01:58 AM
I LOVE Julie! Her erratic & bonkers behaviour just makes me like her more :joker:

I don't think she is playing a game either, she is genuinely a batty old mare...

:hugesmile: I agree.
Maybe she is quite 'actressey' but I think that is just Julie, and she's entitled. When you have been acting for as long as she has, it must become even a part of your life when the camera's are on you. It doesn't mean you are 'fake' - that's a different thing.
As for her mothering of Jasmine, I think she feels sorry for her and is trying to keep her under control by giving her a shoulder to lean on - otherwise what the hell advantage would she think she is gaining by befriending her? Julie may be elderly, but she isn't stupid. :shocked:
Also there are some ageist remarks being thrown around here. Just because a woman is a certain age doesn't mean she can't enjoy a bawdy joke or talk about sex...some people here are getting a bit stuffy and holier than thou...:hugesmile:
I might change my mind, but at the moment I think Julie is a hoot and good value.

the truth
21-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Right as you may know im a BIG fan of Julie, but WELL shocked, wtf did she nominate Coleen ?

julie is a soap legend, i dont know much about her off screen , however i find her a comforting presence and i like her quirkiness, take the bird chirping to her in the garden , her friend who had passed said shed return as a bird, i like that type of thing. she shows great patience in nurturing people like jasmine, despite all the bad behaviour. but i noticed colleen got nasty straight away in the DR, when she said shed been told by loads of people how impossible julie was to get on with and she wanted to get to the bottom of this nice julie and to find if its fake. what a trashy way to get the public to turn on julie and for colleen to get a pettty revenge. i dislike loose women intensely. awful disingenuous vindictive shallow petty greedy people. julie i like though.

jeff3211
21-08-2012, 04:30 AM
I'm so confused as to why Julie is so protective of jasmine even when she knows that jasmine does wrong.. is it gameplay or a motherly instinct to forgive your child for anything!?

Angus
21-08-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm so confused as to why Julie is so protective of jasmine even when she knows that jasmine does wrong.. is it gameplay or a motherly instinct to forgive your child for anything!?

"Motherly instinct" my a*se. A real mother does not condone and validate brattish, unacceptable behaviour, they teach their children to accept responsibility, and how to exercise self control. Julie is just getting in there to grab the limelight, because at the moment crazy bitch Jasmine is getting all the camera time. Anyone who buys Julie's caring, concerned persona is truly naive. Julie is a selfish bitch, because she'd be a better friend to Jasmine by telling her the truth instead of validating her erratic and hateful behaviour.

Watch Julie heave a sigh of relief when Jasmine gets the boot:bored:

Knitting Nana
21-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Believe me, julie cant poop without having an ulterior motive. I've found her fake and insincere from the first night and it wont be long before she has a dingdong stand up foulmouthed rant at someone who is supposedly close to her. She cant keep all that bile in for much longer. I find the flirting and dirty innuendos (and blatant filth) coming from her make me sick to my stomach.

Kizzy
21-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Believe me, julie cant poop without having an ulterior motive. I've found her fake and insincere from the first night and it wont be long before she has a dingdong stand up foulmouthed rant at someone who is supposedly close to her. She cant keep all that bile in for much longer. I find the flirting and dirty innuendos (and blatant filth) coming from her make me sick to my stomach.

Me too nana, I can't stop cringing whenever she is on she really creeps me out.

Kazanne
21-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I dont think she would get the reputation she has outside for being a bitch,if she was this lovely motherly type,there must be something in it,she is a real let down especially to herself.

Jake.
21-08-2012, 10:48 AM
At the end of the day, I'm not going to trust rumors by Coleen. I'm judging every HM as I see them in there. If there was real facts saying about how Julie has been a bitchy diva on the outside then fair enough.

Gillian-73
21-08-2012, 10:55 AM
julie is a soap legend, i dont know much about her off screen , however i find her a comforting presence and i like her quirkiness, take the bird chirping to her in the garden , her friend who had passed said shed return as a bird, i like that type of thing. she shows great patience in nurturing people like jasmine, despite all the bad behaviour. but i noticed colleen got nasty straight away in the DR, when she said shed been told by loads of people how impossible julie was to get on with and she wanted to get to the bottom of this nice julie and to find if its fake. what a trashy way to get the public to turn on julie and for colleen to get a pettty revenge. i dislike loose women intensely. awful disingenuous vindictive shallow petty greedy people. julie i like though.

To be fair to Coleen here, at least a few of us had read about Julie being a diva hard work etc and that was what i expected to see. I was surprised when i didn't tbh

Gillian-73
21-08-2012, 10:56 AM
At the end of the day, I'm not going to trust rumors by Coleen. I'm judging every HM as I see them in there. If there was real facts saying about how Julie has been a bitchy diva on the outside then fair enough.

I'd read it quite a few tines over the years.Where, i can't remember

joeysteele
21-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Most actresses have their moments as not being very nice to others actresses and actors at times, Coleen Nolan has her nasty snides at people too especially on Losse Women.
I'd bet most of the cast of Coronation Street,past and present and even at this time would love to have Julie Goodyear back even for a short time as Bet Lynch.
I like her anyway.

Cherie
21-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Julie where do I start, those awful headbands with ears....the foul mouth, the way she shouted "oooooh" every time the theme music kicked in on her secret mission......her tactical nomination to get rid of Coleen (though it has to be said Coleens face like she was licking pee of a nettle was brilliant) her fakeness over not wanting to nominate....im still catching up so will get back on the rest....but getting Jasmine out seems a bit mad...looking at all the threads on the first page ...most about jasmine...lets keep her in.... she seems way better value than rian.

Ellen
21-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Coleen expected to go in there & be Queen bee, she doesnt like it because it turns out she is way down the pecking order.
If Coleen was such an honest up front person she says she is why hasnt she gone & spoke to Julie about it instead of moaning to anyone else that will listen.
At the moment i am liking Julie, she openly admits she has a nice side & a nasty side & you dont want to mess with the nasty side.

Gillian-73
21-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Julie has made me laugh a lot so i am glad she is in there and is different to what i had expected!

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I absolutely agree Chuff.

Very disappointed with Julie. I wonder if the 2 trips to the DR with Jasmine were for air time when she'd previously been telling Julian she didn't want to play the mother role to her again.

Oh yes, the "lets go to the diary room, then I can look like Mother Theresa stroking you " first time when she had both arms around her, anyone would think she had just been told she had hours to live :shocked::shocked::shocked: Stop it Julie FFS !!!!!!!!

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Julie has made me laugh a lot so i am glad she is in there and is different to what i had expected!

Shes made me laugh too,but shes really cringeworthy too

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Coleen expected to go in there & be Queen bee, she doesnt like it because it turns out she is way down the pecking order.
If Coleen was such an honest up front person she says she is why hasnt she gone & spoke to Julie about it instead of moaning to anyone else that will listen.
At the moment i am liking Julie, she openly admits she has a nice side & a nasty side & you dont want to mess with the nasty side.

We dont know Coleen hasnt confronted julie, we see an hour a day, and Coleen is too laid back to care about being Queen Bee

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Found this on twitter

Julie Goodyear-biggest monster I ever interviewed as a journalist- surprisingly likeable last night on #cbb.Be amazed if she can keep it up.

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 11:55 AM
This is what ive been looking for, i thought she had turned lesbian at one time http://www.biogs.com/bigbrother/goodyear.html

Nedusa
21-08-2012, 11:55 AM

I have to reluctantly agree with all of your comments, I thought Julie would be great viewing on a show like this considering her background and her experienced hard edged northern humour. But as you quite rightly say she has become almost a caricature of herself in the house. She swears for no reason and it has no comedy effect just swearing for swearings sake. She looks her age and her conversations are a bit weird. The thing with the Pigeon was just plain nonsense.

I am now starting to wonder if a bit of the old senile dementia has kicked in, as she is now becoming very uncomfortable to watch.I hope she gets put up for eviction asap and leaves before the men in white coats come to take her away...!!!

Ellen
21-08-2012, 11:59 AM
We dont know Coleen hasnt confronted julie, we see an hour a day, and Coleen is too laid back to care about being Queen Bee

She doesnt need to confront her, just ask her.
Its obvious she hasnt said anything because she is still moaning to all that will listen but no one is interested.
Coleen might be laid back about certain things but she definatly thought she would have more of a mother role in the house, even her Loose Women friend said that is what she would expect because that is what she does.
She may make more of herself has time goes on once the bickering has stopped.

Ellen
21-08-2012, 12:00 PM
This is what ive been looking for, i thought she had turned lesbian at one time http://www.biogs.com/bigbrother/goodyear.html

In her book she says she has had relationships with both men & women.

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 12:04 PM
http://http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qzd9HIsRWeA/R9wkKGoNoqI/AAAAAAAAHCY/OjssqnwtSdA/s400/Baby+Jane+Doll.jpg

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 12:05 PM
In her book she says she has had relationships with both men & women.

Not read her book, but i thought she had had women lovers and still employed them

Gillian-73
21-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Shes made me laugh too,but shes really cringeworthy too

The whole Jasmine thing especially! She needs to stop it. If she really did care for her she'd tell her what's she doing wrong instead of justifying her behaviour.

Ellen
21-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Not read her book, but i thought she had had women lovers and still employed them

Yes thats true, she did & she does still employ one or two of them.

Kizzy
21-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes thats true, she did & she does still employ one or two of them.

:shocked: I may never stop cringing...ever...:shocked: :bawling:

Kazanne
21-08-2012, 12:22 PM

Why do you think Julie being 'ganged' up on ,is down to 'Loose women' viewers? is that supposed to mean something?if so do tell us?

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Why do you think Julie being 'ganged' up on ,is down to 'Loose women' viewers? is that supposed to mean something?if so do tell us?

Its a dig at me, ignore it, I do :sleep:

Kazanne
21-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Its a dig at me, ignore it, I do :sleep:

Well Chuff if someone is trying to say 'loose women' viewers are lesser than them,maybe they should remember the stigma people get from watching BB:hugesmile:some people call that sad!! lol,i know people who are embarrased to admit they watch it.

chuff me dizzy
21-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Well Chuff if someone is trying to say 'loose women' viewers are lesser than them,maybe they should remember the stigma people get from watching BB:hugesmile:some people call that sad!! lol,i know people who are embarrased to admit they watch it.

i used to love it, even went to watch it made when we went to London once but not watched for a long time now,I prefer to be known as a Loose Women fan ,that a lot of other things

Kazanne
21-08-2012, 01:41 PM
i used to love it, even went to watch it made when we went to London once but not watched for a long time now,I prefer to be known as a Loose Women fan ,that a lot of other things

I dont mind loose women,I like some of their guests,but like you dont get to watch it too much now and i must be the only one who likes The Jeremy Kyle show:joker::joker:love it when the low lifes get a gruelling,I also get ribbed because i watch BB,but I dont care:hugesmile: i'm not sad ,infact I'm a happy person:xyxwave:

Knitting Nana
21-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Most actresses have their moments as not being very nice to others actresses and actors at times, Coleen Nolan has her nasty snides at people too especially on Losse Women.
I'd bet most of the cast of Coronation Street,past and present and even at this time would love to have Julie Goodyear back even for a short time as Bet Lynch.
I like her anyway.

Everybody may have their 'moments' but julie's moment seemed to last decades :hugesmile: As for the cast wanting her back, it was most of the cast who complained about her behaviour as I remember, and we're going back a long time, this wasnt a one off.

I also understand she's asked several times to return and made no secret of that but they havent invited her, you have to wonder why!

Knitting Nana
21-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I have to reluctantly agree with all of your comments, I thought Julie would be great viewing on a show like this considering her background and her experienced hard edged northern humour. But as you quite rightly say she has become almost a caricature of herself in the house. She swears for no reason and it has no comedy effect just swearing for swearings sake. She looks her age and her conversations are a bit weird. The thing with the Pigeon was just plain nonsense.

I am now starting to wonder if a bit of the old senile dementia has kicked in, as she is now becoming very uncomfortable to watch.I hope she gets put up for eviction asap and leaves before the men in white coats come to take her away...!!!

This. And not just because it was agreeing with me :hugesmile: