14-10-2002, 07:58 PM
I think this show is ok

Lets hope it gets better:)

mcginn
14-10-2002, 08:00 PM
i dont like the show

Janette
14-10-2002, 08:30 PM
I've not got half as hooked on this as on BB but it's still compulsive viewing at times.

Right now my 2 favourites are Lemar and Camilla

Amy
14-10-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm still in the do i like this show phase :(
I hope i can get into it a bit more :)
I like Chris and Marli

bigbrofan
14-10-2002, 09:04 PM
Hi,

I think the show is OK, its a mix of Big Brother and Pop Stars in one if you think about it.:(

Maggie
14-10-2002, 10:53 PM
Me too Amy, but have to give it a chance, it always takes me time to get into BB too
Plus I missed the first week :D on hols :cool:

Amy
14-10-2002, 10:53 PM
Found this on Ananova
click here (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_689754.html?menu=) :)

Mairi
14-10-2002, 11:20 PM
I LOVE the show. It's the best thing on the TV at the moment and I'm watching as much of it on interactive as I possibly can.

The students have all bonded with each other really well and are already saying they will be friends for life. They are all putting 100% into their work and I feel that they are receiving just the right amount of discipline and encouragement from their teachers.

I have liked Lemar from day one and have a "feeling" he might win because he has such a totally unique voice.

I can't recommend this programme highly enough, especially if you enjoy music. It's a must-see.

:colour:

LEE
14-10-2002, 11:34 PM
I'm sure that I would like Fame Academy more if I could get the interactive coverage on NTL, but you can only get it with satellite.

I do like the idea of the show but, with a couple of exceptions, I don't think any of the 'students' are that good and as I am only seeing the main shows I am not really into it at all.

sweetlittlesara
14-10-2002, 11:39 PM
i watched the first episode and thought it was rubbish and so have not watched it again. Everyone says that the rest is way better but i just cant be bothered.

Amy
14-10-2002, 11:45 PM
Sara, i've been feeling very much like that what did it for me was the fact that, while watching it live on interactive, the camera man walked off and left his camera on the floor then, when he came back, spent the next five minutes focusing it!! I also don't like the live show on fridays give me bb or popstars/pop idol any day :(:D:(

Janette
14-10-2002, 11:58 PM
I think in order to be able to really enjoy this show, you do need to be able to see the coverage on interactive.

If I was just watching the main shows on BBC I'd think it was pretty naff as well. But you see the vocal lessons and the dancing lessons and all the interaction between the students, and that really does help the enjoyment factor.

susieq
15-10-2002, 12:40 AM
I'm not able to watch the interactive feed but a dear friend of mine (you know who you are!) has told me so much about it that I now watch all the programmes on BBC1. I'm enjoying the series but it's a bit more difficult to get the personalities of the 'students', only seeing them for a short time.

I thought the voting on Friday was pretty nailbiting though, although I think everyone expected Pippa to be the public's favourite and poor Nigel nearly fell off the stage when he got their vote!

splodge0
15-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Susieq and Co, you are all spot on. I love it for the Interactive. During BB1 & 2 it was the live streaming that hooked me in. BB3 I relied on E4 (pity the format of the bars and the poor tasks spoilt it for MOST people). I feel this Academy has a point and I'm one of a few I suspect who are looking at their fitness levels anew thanks to Our Kevin :o

AND, yes, you guessed it I AM TOTALLY HOOKED:D:cool::D

Amy
15-10-2002, 10:40 AM
I still keep up to date with what every one has been doing on BBC Choice! I was quite shocked to see that Pippa is up again the poor girl i expect she's thinking not again! Do we know any of the reasons of why these three were chosen by the teachers?

splodge0
15-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Yes, Richard gave out most of it on the briefing yesterday, and other bits came out during the various lessons e.g. Carrie in voice training.

I tend to agree that the BBC scheduling doesn't leave much room for FA on regular TV and given that I suspect the Bosses see it as a gamble at the best of times, like BB1, it is to be hoped that it will be taken more seriously for the next term/simester. It has SO MUCH POTENTIAL!! :cool:

splodge0
15-10-2002, 11:19 AM
And another thing; it isn't ruined if the weather is lousy. We've just had a shot from outside and it is evil out there but it simply isn't affecting any of them. Unthinkable during BB3!!!!!:D

HOT NEWS : Pippa has pulled a muscle and Richard has called a doctor......:o:o:o:o;o

splodge0
15-10-2002, 03:11 PM
From http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/news/newsitem326.shtml

"The Head met with the students after breakfast to give Lemar the news. "We have arranged for a hair stylist to visit you in the blue bedroom at 12.15 today," he told him. "You need to be smart because at 5.30pm you will be leaving the academy," he said.

"It's very good news because tonight you are going to the National TV Awards with Cat Deeley and Patrick Kielty!" said Richard, to shrieks from the other students.

It's the sort of celeb-heavy event that the winner of Fame Academy will be invited to on a regular basis, and the news obviously delighted the 24-year-old north Londoner."

This might turn up on BB1 !!!!!! :cool:

em
15-10-2002, 05:24 PM
hi, >new girl<!
i am hooked so far on FA. even though Ive only watch the friday shows so far but then i was informed that they have updates on tuesday and thursdays so ill be watching tonight.

BigSister
15-10-2002, 05:45 PM
Lemar is soooooooooo lucky to go there

I wish I could:(

BusyBee
15-10-2002, 09:43 PM
I havent watched much of Fame Academy, but I do feel the BBC have missed out by making it really interactive only. They need to put it on each night on terrestial tv to build up a real fan base. They seem such a great group of people and if people had the chance to see them more they would really get into it. As I have said before this type of programme depends on a good mix of people to make it work. They have the people, but are not marketing it properly. My favourite has to be Lemahr but I am also keeping my fingers crossed for Katie - after all I cant remember anyone else from Bristol actually getting on to a Reality programme and us Bristolians have to stick together. Keep buzzing girl.:colour::colour::colour::colour:

LEE
15-10-2002, 09:46 PM
I do feel the BBC have missed out by making it really interactive only
I agree. Not only do they need more programmes on the main BBC channels, they should show some of the live coverage on BBC Choice.

:flower:

Amy
15-10-2002, 09:50 PM
Before the first show started i thought it would be on BBC1! As i'm at work a lot i miss a lot of the interactive coverage. I think it should be on BBC1 if not the interactive part but the live show they have on BBC CHOICE with updates and chats with the teachers

Kaz
16-10-2002, 12:11 AM
hi, >new girl<!
Hi there, em - welcome to TiBB! :wavey:

Can't say I've really become hooked on Fame Academy yet - keep forgetting to watch the update programmes. :blush: I'm sure as time goes on I'll start to warm to the 'students', although none of them really stand out as having 'star quality' at the moment.

Hope you enjoy posting here. :thumbs:

splodge0
16-10-2002, 11:55 PM
Still love it!!!!!!!!!!:colour:
:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::c olour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::col our::colour::colour::colour::colour:

WILDCHILD
17-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Im that that struck on Fame Academy - its not as good as I had hoped it would be!
None of the students are fantastic escept that bloke Lemar whos voice just sends shivers down my spine (i know - cliche!) and also Camilla has got potential to become a star but other than that - they all seem quite...boring! - to put it bluntly!Its ok - I watch it when theres nothing else on but personally I prefer Popstars and I would watch that over this one anyday!!:dazzler::colour::dazzler::colour:

Amy
17-10-2002, 08:39 PM
I found myself Tuesday evening watching this live and watching some of the members sleeping! It brought back memories of BB but i'm still not that into the show but my views are slowly changing the more i see the more i like :wavey:

cow
18-10-2002, 10:58 PM
:dance:

It's great, I'm addicted.

There's a great Fame Academy website at http://www.fameacademy.cjb.net as well!!! :laugh:

splodge0
18-10-2002, 11:42 PM
Possibly ....................:colour:

Also DO NOT CLICK ON THE ACADEMY SITE ABOVE >>>>>>>> ITS A SLEEPER!!!!! I just hope it didn't bring anything with it because IT AUTO LOADS!!!!:devil::devil::devil:

susieq
18-10-2002, 11:50 PM
Splodge - 'scuse my ignorance but what's a sleeper?

splodge0
18-10-2002, 11:52 PM
My word for a link that has an auto load program attached

Mairi
19-10-2002, 12:12 AM
It was a wonderful show tonight. Lemar was brilliant and I really enjoyed Marli and Ainslie's performance too.

I voted for Pippa to stay because I thought she sang her song beautifully. I was so pleased when they announced that she had received the viewers' vote. I think this will give a much needed boost to her confidence.

Although I was sorry to see Chris go, I wasn't surprised that Katie received the students' vote. I know she can sing much better than she did tonight and I really think nerves got the better of her.

:dazzler:

Amy
19-10-2002, 03:44 PM
I thought Marli and Ainsle's performance was the best!!!! :thumbs: I also thought that Chris deserved to stay :bawling:

Maggie
19-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Chris was stitched up by the girls, I thought the whole point of this show is for the best singer to go though, Katie murdered that song, so OK, she can sing better but so can they all, including Chris, if they are going to do this again, what's the point, they will just vote for their friends, the teachers should vote as well.

I'm getting to like Fame but if they keep this up I'll be switching off.

I think Lemar, is the best of the bunch, then I do like R n B.

:dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler:

Amy
19-10-2002, 06:43 PM
I agree with you Discolady :thumbs: I hate the way they vote for there mates and the teachers should have a part in that process too :thumbs:

:wavey:

Amy
19-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Found this (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_693092.html) on Ananova on Chris

Maggie
19-10-2002, 08:51 PM
Thanks Amy :thumbs: nice to know he's not giving up, they will all end doing music in some form :dazzler:

Romantic Old Bird
20-10-2002, 04:14 PM
Strangely enough, I am not into this yet at all. It started whilst I was on holiday so I didn't get to know them at the early stage.

After seeing that certain people (who shall be nameless) are so addicted they have to tape bits they might miss during the day on digital, I tried to go interactive with my red button.

A usual, ntl is absolute rubbish, and it is obviously only a Sky digital thing.

However I saw it on Friday and they need to just give the glittering prizes to Lemar now. Brilliant!

BusyBee
20-10-2002, 05:11 PM
I quite agree it's ridiculous for the students to pick who they want to stay - they will just pick their mates. But regardless of this I am glad Katie stayed -
she can sing much better, the nerves got to her. Alright I admit I am biased she comes from Bristol so us Bristolians have got to stick together and I love the fact she doesnt try to put on a 'posh' voice is just herself. So Go Katie Go. But deep down there is only one winner and that is Lemar - he is absolutely fantastic.

cow
20-10-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by splodge0
My word for a link that has an auto load program attached

It does not have a auto load program attached.

It's probably a pop-up advert, which is because of the redirection service.

splodge0
20-10-2002, 06:31 PM
Hi cow. Hope you're right, though it wasn't the normal "pop-up" as it gave me the panel that invites you to do a download which from past experience usually means trouble.............:colour:

peachy
21-10-2002, 11:34 AM
Ok, ok, it's me that was caught taping Fame Academy the other night. I'm a bit of an addict. I actually blame Splodge for this. It was him who told me it was on 24/7. I think the reason I like it is that they are all so nice. I know niceness is an underated virtue but I think it's refreshing, especially after the spite and backbiting which totally ruined BB3 for me. I agree that Lemar has the most brilliant mellow voice but I'm growing more and more fond of Sinead. She is such a hard worker. Obviously not a natural dancer but gives that her best shot. A truly excellent songwriter and a beautiful singer who just needs the chance to really shine.

em
21-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Ainslie is Grade A Student, and like a true pro he is singing the song that he, Sinead and some1 else wrote, cant remember who, with Sinead and Malachi (maybe it was him) on backing vocals. hes also playing his guitar.
if anyone hasnt quite guessed from my signature, im quite taken by Ainslie. he has taken over from my Spanky crush, who took over from my Gareth Gates crush (which im immensly embarassed about and would prefer to never to be mentioned again.).:bouncy::spin::bouncy:

LEE
21-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Hi Em :cat:

I'm rather taken with Ainslee as well and thought the pic of him on the site you linked to was gorgeous.

I took the liberty of taking it and making an avatar for you, I hope you don't mind. :hugesmile:

Amy
21-10-2002, 08:02 PM
So here is the latest news from Ananova on FA click here (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_693949.html?menu=)

em
21-10-2002, 08:26 PM
aaww, thanks Amy! i wondered where that came from! lol, cheers, love that pic!:spin:

LEE
21-10-2002, 08:29 PM
Er, it wasn't Amy it was me :hugesmile: and I did it for purely selfish reasons so that I could see the pic. You'll just have to make loads of posts now. :spin2:

em
21-10-2002, 08:36 PM
oops, sorry, i meant u but i was reading Amys post when i was about to post a reply! lol, *blonde moment!*:shocked: so,

aaww, thanks LEE! I wondered where that came from! lol, cheers, :spin:

Mairi
21-10-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi em. Welcome to TiBB.

Love your new avatar. Ainslie is a real cutie, isn't he?

I was delighted to read today that he's this week's Grade A student. He's a very talented young man and I'm sure he'll go far.

:dazzler:

BigSister
22-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi Em welcome

Im glad that Ainslie is this weeks Grade A student

And that David, Katie for 2nd week and Camila are on probation. Pippa is off for a week

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

WILDCHILD
22-10-2002, 07:39 PM
I didnt want Camilla to be on probation - I dont think she has the best attitude towards the Fame Academy but theres no denying that voice of hers - its fantastic and I reckon she will wow every body on Friday.
I hope Katie goes - I think she should have gone last week and dont think she deserves to be there that long.:bouncy:

Amy
22-10-2002, 10:21 PM
Here's some news i found on Ananova Click here (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_694668.html?menu=entertainment.television)

Maggie
25-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Shania Twain's visit to the Fame Academy, was wonderful, I really enjoyed it, :hello: :dazzler: :dazzler: :hello:

Can't wait for tonight's show, but I hope they don't keep the worst singer in, on the night in as they did last week :nono:

I'm not sure who will go this week, if Katie, David and Camilla all sing as they have done at rehersals it will be close :conf: :conf:

Mairi
25-10-2002, 10:32 PM
As a huge fan of Shania Twain's, I have to agree with you there, Discolady. She was also sensational on tonight's programme.

I thought Katie sang like an angel tonight and I voted for her to stay in. I couldn't have been more surprised when David won with 50% of the viewers' votes. I couldn't see anything special in him at all.

I was devastated when Camilla was voted out by the students as I think she has the most fantastic voice. I hope someone snaps her up and she becomes a big star.

:bawling:

WILDCHILD
25-10-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by miriam
I was devastated when Camilla was voted out by the students as I think she has the most fantastic voice. I hope someone snaps her up and she becomes a big star.

:bawling:
My feelings also miriam, she really has a wonderful voice and she should have no way gone out this early in the show.:nono:

bbceleb1
25-10-2002, 10:43 PM
i know its terrible Camilla has gone :bawling: i think David should have been shown the door :bawling:

LEE
25-10-2002, 10:50 PM
I really wanted David to stay and I'm glad that he stayed, and with 50% of the public vote I obviously wasn't the only one.

I'm really sad Camilla has gone and I think she deserved to stay far more that Katie did.

Kaz
25-10-2002, 11:10 PM
I'm with you on this one, LEE. Tonight was the first time I've voted, and it was for David to stay. :thumbs:

And I also thought Camilla deserved to stay as well - her performance tonight was excellent. Katie sang well (apart from the start - very flat first note) but was lacking in emotion, both physically and musically.

David, on the other hand, may not have the most fantastic voice but he sang the song with feeling and put a lot of his lovely twinkly personality into it - I love his cheeky grin. :hugesmile:

On another matter ................... I nearly fell off the sofa when Carrie (how COULD she???) said that David would have to compete with the likes of George Michael, Robbie Williams and - - - - - - Gareth Gates. :shocked:

Apologies to all Gareth fans - I think he's a cute lad and all that, but he's hardly in the same league. What about a certain WINNER of Pop Idol who's just had a debut album at No. 1 for the last two weeks, Carrie? :hugesmile::hugesmile::hugesmile:

And, while I'm in the process of upsetting everyone :blush: I'm afraid that I don't really like Lemar either. *ducks* Sorry, folks - I'll crawl off into my corner now.

Mairi
25-10-2002, 11:24 PM
Oh, Kaz, how COULD you?

Lemar is brilliant. He's been the winner since day one. And, while I'm at it, I'd like to stick up for Gareth. I think he's lovely and, although I like Will too, I'd rather have Gareth any day.

Handbags at dawn? :laugh:

Janette
25-10-2002, 11:29 PM
Comparison between David and Gareth!

David - good, strong powerful voice when he wants to use it.

Gareth - weak voice, can't find power in it.

David - lovely cute smile.

Gareth - 4 4 2

David - doesn't want a sympathy vote

Gareth - came second in Pop Idol due to a sympathy vote

David - possible star

Gareth - axed by Pepsi

:thumbs:

splodge0
25-10-2002, 11:38 PM
Lemar has potential yes, but, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed he is flat most of the time

Janette
25-10-2002, 11:46 PM
I'm not really surprised that Camilla went out this week.

From the first week, she's not put in a great deal of effort, prefering to stand in the background.

I agree her voice is fantastic, i loved her from the moment I heard her vocal lessons for the first time. But she hasn't improved in the three weeks like others have. She hasn't stood out at all which is a shame.

Probably her nerves just got the better of her, but in performance tonight and performance in the academy, she was the obvious choice to leave.

Amy
25-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Great news that David has stayed he deserves too :thumbs:

Kaz
26-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Posted by miriam
Handbags at dawn? :laugh:

If you like, miriam - but how much are you looking forward to those Macaroon Bars? :laugh: :love:

Mairi
26-10-2002, 12:11 AM
I'm unrepentant. :wavey::laugh::wavey:

Janette
26-10-2002, 12:14 AM
Now now, you two!!!!!

Kaz
26-10-2002, 12:20 AM
We're only teasing Janette, honest! :laugh:

Miriam - what'll it be .............. Gareth or Macaroon Bars - - - - - - - - Macaroon Bars or Gareth? :laugh:

The choice is yours ..................... :love:

splodge0
26-10-2002, 12:24 AM
Used to be Mars Bars in my days..... !!!!!

Mairi
26-10-2002, 12:50 AM
Hmmm. Gareth or macaroon bars? Macaroon bars or Gareth? Mars bars, Gareth or macaroon bars?

Can I get back to you on that one Kaz?

:conf::conf::conf::conf::conf::conf::spin2:

blinkinlovely
26-10-2002, 01:02 AM
not being an ITV fan - (sorry - I'm a celeb apart) I never really have got into the whole popstars/idol thing at all.

I have now seen one and a half episodes of fame academy and ......... well, the jury is still out. If these (young) people are in training to be pop stars - why are they not singing contemporeary/original stuff. They are all sooooooooo middle of the road (just like - aplogies again for the sensitive; Will and gareth) . I have just seen Paul Weller on 'Later and was reminded that the young were once musically rebellious......

susieq
26-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Oooh - some rather controversial remarks there Blinkin' http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh1.gif

I think the thing with Fame Academy is that they are trying to coach the students in 'proper' singing techniques and what better way than to learn than by studying some of the classic songs. Also, they ARE writing original pieces, in fact Sinead, Ainslie and Malachi sang their own composition tonight.

I'm sure that with time & confidence they will be doing more of their own stuff but, at least for the show, they are appealing to an 'across the board' audience and therefore are trying to come up with material that will appeal to a very broad age range.

Let's not forget that Will Young has co-written a lot of the tracks on his new album and it's some of these tracks that have been getting the most praise in the music press. OK - Will might not be to everyone's taste but he's a damn fine singer and he's now showing that he can have a hand in writing too.

I think it's very difficult for the Fame Academy students trying to be all things to all people and they're making the most of it. I'm sure there are a lot of rebellious streaks there but perhaps this type of programme is not really the place to showcase them?

LEE
26-10-2002, 08:57 AM
Kaz I agree with you. I can't see what all the fuss over Lemar is about. He has an OK voice but it is definitely nothing special.

I was amazed when Carrie said that he sang best of the three lads who sang Sex Bomb - he was flat for most of it!! Nigel gave a far better performance on it than he did.

WILDCHILD
26-10-2002, 07:20 PM
I love Lemars voice. He it has so much soul and emotion in it. I nearly cry whenever I hear it. :bawling:

LEMAR TO WIN!!!:love::hello::dance::colour:

Romantic Old Bird
26-10-2002, 08:40 PM
I am only a peripheral viewer of fame academy admittedly, but, like Lee, I am sorry that Katie stayed and Camilla left.

I thought it was unfair that the lad had been put up for probation anyway last week. The cynical part of me wonders if it was a ruse to get the great unwashed to 'bond' with him, as a latecomer. If so, it worked!

I am a Lemar supporter though. The first snippet I saw of him was when he was rehearsing 'Let's Stay Together'. He was sensational. As long as he stays with classic soul styles and AVOIDS AT ALL COSTS any bloody 'Craig David' type torturous warbling c**p!!

I don't think he was flat (mind you, wait til next Saturday, then you'll know why). I think his style and voice is so different to someone like Nigel's that he can sound a little that way if he sings with or just after him. Nigel's voice is right for belters like Tom Jones classics.
:dance:

Still trying to decide what MY karaoke number will be next week......:laugh::shocked:

em
26-10-2002, 10:05 PM
Ainslie was FABBY!!!!!!:hugesmile: awww, the song he performed with Sinead and Malachi(who is really scary!) was fantastic! love him!:colour:although, apparantly he was acting really strange this morning! peeing in bushes and talkin to himself which is quite disturbing:shocked: but all genius's must be a little strange......moving swiftly on.... think Sinead should be Grade A next week, and Nigel also impressed me this week. think Malachi, Marli and Katie (purely because i cant think of anyone else and also cos she is slightly annoying) should be on probation.

Romantic Old Bird
27-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Fame Academy doesn't appear to have gripped the nation though does it?

CLICK HERE (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/displayarticle.php?id=9425)

bbceleb1
27-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Hi
Well hopefully it will get more popular with the public! rob :thumbs: but i love it!!
:dance::dance: and also in replie to Em i agree with everything you said! and yes live coverage of ainslie releaving himself is a nice way to wake you up :shocked: (i dont think!!!) and yeh i agree with Sinead a grade and the 3 u choose for probation!

www.fameacademy.cjb.net

Mairi
27-10-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Romantic Old Bird
Fame Academy doesn't appear to have gripped the nation though does it?

It's a shame. They don't know what they're missing.

I'm totally addicted to it.

bbceleb1
27-10-2002, 07:01 PM
your right!! they dont know what there missing!! :shocked: i think there voices are improving sooooo much with these teachers there great!! :dance::thumbs:

BusyBee
28-10-2002, 09:46 PM
I think more people would be into Fame Academy if it was promoted properly. As far as I am concerned the BBC have lost the chance to make a success of it, because they are not showing it often enough on terrestrial tv. If it was on each evening at a specific time people would get into it. I've been watching on satellite and it shows a much better viewpoint of them than you ever see on the ordinary shows.

finch
28-10-2002, 10:01 PM
I think your totally right

why don;t they show more eps like BB, there is so much happening they can't fit in.

They record all thurs and Fri but show nothing of it

Stowfordpress
01-11-2002, 06:04 PM
What can I say!!!

Love it love it love it !!!!

Totally agree!!

How do we feel it compares to BB1, which was their first effort???

Shame there is no live streaming on the NET!!!!!!!:elephant:

bbceleb1
01-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Hi
The show tonight is great! and ainslie and david were great!!!!! :laugh: and
Pippa was imo the worst of the 3
and Nigel was fantastic!! :dance:
i can see..
Nigel being saved
and the vote going to wards Katie!
:hugesmile:

Mairi
01-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Well done, bbceleb, you got it all 100% correct.

The show WAS fabulous. I didn't think there was a poor performance by anyone but I think Nigel really shone and well deserved to win tonight.

:hello::dance::hello::dance::hello::dance:

BusyBee
01-11-2002, 11:35 PM
So our Katie did it again. See you cant get rid of us Bristolians that easy :hugesmile::hugesmile:

Seriously I thought she did very well tonight, but I still hate how the students have to vote one off.

Wonder who'll be on probation again.

As I've said before the Paul Clarke syndrome strikes again. Up three times and kept in three times.

susieq
02-11-2002, 12:18 AM
She's sure made of rubber is our Katie - she keeps bouncing back.

I think Nigel deservedly won the public vote - he sang really well. It was a close call between Pippa and Katie but I, personally, would have gone with Pippa, purely for all the effort she's put in over the last couple of weeks. I agreed with Carrie - Katie is only NOW at the stage the rest of them were at 3 or 4 weeks ago. They've moved on and she hasn't progressed.

She's very lucky to still be there and I felt so sorry for Nigel who had the casting vote.

bbceleb1
02-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Thanks Miriam! :dance:
I think Lemar will be grade A next week.,
and i think Katie Malachi and Marli will be on probation next week
just my 2 cents! :hugesmile:

Amy
02-11-2002, 01:26 PM
What a great show, i really enjoyed it :thumbs:
I loved Ainslie and Davids preformance and Lemar and Lionel what can you say but :shocked: it was fab!!:thumbs:
Nigel did well and Katie has improved :thumbs:

I'd like to see Lemar as grade A again although i think David deserves it too!
I think we could see Malachi on probation

finch
02-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Stowfordpress

How do we feel it compares to BB1, which was their first effort???

Shame there is no live streaming on the NET!!!!!!!:elephant:

Not quite as good as BB1, That picture makes me sooo nostaglic - but a good BB version - and they are talented

splodge0
03-11-2002, 11:00 AM
As it was my first foray into reality ( HATE THE GENERALISATION ! ) I shall always love the BB1 series. Fame Academy is brilliant as the next generation of the format as it has a point apart from being purely an entertainment programme. Its the direction Channel 4 SHOULD have taken for BB3, so WELL DONE the Beeb!!!:colour:

:colour::colour::colour:
:colour::colour:

Maggie
04-11-2002, 10:19 AM
So what time do they find out today who's up and who's star pupil ? :conf:

Welcome back :thumbs: Stowfordpress

As for Lional :dance: WONDERFUL :dance:, Then he is one of my fav's, great in concert :love:

Amy
04-11-2002, 11:53 AM
David is grade A this week :hello::hello::hello:

em
04-11-2002, 06:47 PM
marli, malachi and katie (again, im startin to feel sorry for her now!) on probation!

Ainslie has a dilemma on his hands with malachi and marli now! although, im sure one of them will be saved so he will vote the other one.

please, out katie out of her misery this week people!!!

oh and this weeks ratings were 5.9million, thats up from 5.1m last week, people r beginning to get hooked! and realising how fabby it really is!

splodge0
05-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Marli will receive the public vote methinks, and Katie the students.

Bye Bye Malachi........................

Well thats what I reckon:colour:

James
05-11-2002, 08:47 PM
Hey I'm starting to get into this now. :thumbs:

I was going to watch it on BBC Choice last night but forgot. :laugh:

I can't really see the point of having the students have the final say on who stays in. At least make the voting anonymous like in Big Brother.

On Friday Katie will probably win the students vote again because she is the youngest contestant and the others maybe vote tactically, voting off the strongest competition (but hide their true reason).

Malachi will probably get the public vote although he was a bit dull last Friday.

I'm not sure about Ainslie either. He's probably talented but it looks like he's attention seeking in the Academy to a certain degree.

Fyodor
05-11-2002, 08:56 PM
Malachi will win the public vote, and lord knows what the students will do. Particularly with, as Carrie says Nigel's tactical voting (and others) I hope Marli stays though. Its time for Katie to go!

peachy
05-11-2002, 09:23 PM
I certainly agree with you Fyodor, I really want Katie to go now. I don't think that in a contest between Malachi and katie that the students will vote Malachi off. I certainly hope not. He is very funny in the academy and very popular. He is lovely and not at all creepy as someone said on this thread. Keep Malachi in I say.

WILDCHILD
05-11-2002, 09:31 PM
When I first saw Fame Academy, I thought that Marli was absouklutely brilliant and I thought she would win with flying colous but thenhen I think about it again, shes not all that good. She is unique but there are better singers in the academy. I think she thinks she is better than she is because she looked really shocked to be up for probation.
I still really like Lemar and I like Ainsley. I want Katie out of there!:dazzler:

LEE
05-11-2002, 09:31 PM
I must admit that I have never thought much of Malachi. He doesn't impress me in the slightest.

However, I really think it is time Katie goes, how she has survived the last few weeks I really don't know.

I hope Marli stays because I still really like her.

If Malachi was up against anyone else I would want him to go, but even he is better than Katie.

BusyBee
05-11-2002, 09:44 PM
As I seem to be the only one sticking up for Katie on this forum (as I've said before I'm biased and yes I do know she has no chance of winning). If they are now saying she is where the others were four weeks ago i.e. at the begining why on earth was she selected in the first place, surely they had better candidates. I thought it was really wrong how Carrie asked Nigel if he was voting tactically when he voted Katie in. She knows they are on tv and she along with the other teachers are trying to influence the voting. Sorry but I dont think she should have told Marli who voted for her to be on probation either. To my mind Katie is improving, but Marli is certainly going downhill fast. Nigel has also gone up in my estimation, he's a really nice guy.

This week I have a feeling Malachi will win the public vote, but as for the other two not sure. They have tried to get rid of her, but they cant do it - who will survive we just have to wait and see.

blinkinlovely
05-11-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm slowly getting into this show.

The website isn't bad:
:xyxwave:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/index.shtml

James
05-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Mariah Carey is in the academy.

Do you think that she will be getting some voice coaching?

:laugh:

WILDCHILD
05-11-2002, 10:50 PM
That is good they have got Mariah - she has got one heckava voice and can reach one of the highest notes ever. She should point them in the right direction.:thumbs:

bbceleb1
05-11-2002, 10:57 PM
Hi
Im soooo loving this show! its brilliant!! :dance:

Fyodor
05-11-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by James
Mariah Carey is in the academy.

Do you think that she will be getting some voice coaching?

:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

susieq
06-11-2002, 12:28 AM
I think Malachi will get the public vote - the song he's singing really suits his voice and I think the students will vote to keep Marli. I think it's definitely bye bye to Katie this week.

BTW - Mariah Carey!!!

just me
10-11-2002, 01:47 AM
At first I wasn't that impressed with Fame Academy. I do not have interactive access and as we did not see any of the audition process I didn't feel that the audience could 'bond' with the contestants in the same way as Pop Stars / Pop Idol. I also felt (for the same reason) that the contestants were a bit 'stage school', which is quite appropriate as that's what they are in now!

However, as it has been on for a few weeks I do now really enjoy it. I think it would be better for people without interactive access if they could so a nightly update like BB - it could be late or on BBC2.

I like most of the contestants now - expected Katie to go on Friday rather than Marli but people probably felt sorry for her. She is good but she won't win anyway. I can't decide between Lemarr, David or Ainsley. Also like Sinead.

As for Mariah Carey - wasn't she miming?! I've never really taken much notice with the other celebs but am sure she was.

Boris
12-12-2002, 07:32 PM
Finals tomorrow

Can't wait

:elephant::hello::elephant::hello::elephant:

splodge0
28-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Oh how I miss Fame Academy.:bawling:

I'm also sooo frightened about BB4 and how bad it might just be this year.:bawling:

Not that I'm a sad git or anything!!!!!!!!:laugh:

:colour::colour::colour::colour:

peachy
29-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Me too Splodge, old chum. I blame you for my withdrawal symptoms...if only you hadn't told me how to get the interactive to work, I wouldn't be missing them so much now.:bawling:

You have much to answer for Mr Splodge:xyxwave:

Amy
29-01-2003, 05:44 PM
I have to admit that when Fame Academy first started i thought it was rubbish :shocked::shocked: but once i started to watch the live streaming and saw how hard they worked i was addicted :thumbs: I too am missing the show and can't wait for FA2 oh, and Celeb FA :thumbs:

splodge0
04-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Has anyone else seen this??

http://www.fame-academy.co.uk/