PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother's Big Archive: A Retrospective BB Podcast

karl100589
26-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey peeps,
A bit of shameless self promoting I admit, but one which I think that you'll be interested in. Some of you will know that I fronted an online podcast dubbed The Reality TV Check, in which me and two others discussed the latest goings on in the world of Reality TV. Our latest project is a spinoff on this entitled Big Brother's Big Archive, in which me, Paul and Joe discuss retrospectively each series of BB and CBB in detail, looking at the pros and cons of each, for the first episode we chose to look at CBB10, and in particular focused on the discrepancy between the males and females in the house, Julie's morph from beloved national treasure to house villain, Danica's behaviour with Lorenzo and Sitch and much more. You can find the link here, the video is just the audio from the podcast but posting on YouTube rather then Podomatic opens us up to a larger audience, the recording was done in one take and we are aware of the poor production in places:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob5JjfBNI2Q

We would however like your help in regards to not only advice in making the podcast better but also in what subjects to talk about in detail when it comes to our future recordings, in particular BB13 as we plan to speak about that next, we have a couple of notes in mind already (Insiders vs Outsiders, Deana, Conor's non-removal, White Room, The Fall Of Becky etc.) but some more questions and discussion points would be great.

I hope you enjoy the recording, and we hope to here from you.

karl100589
30-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Episode 2 of Big Brother's Big Archive is online! Today me, Paul and Joe discussed Big Brother 13 in an episode entitled 'Hide Your Epilators'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_Y0BQ1Hig&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_Y0BQ1Hig&feature=plcp

As ever feedback is appreciated on both the podcast as well as questions and discussion points for our next podcast which will be covering CBB9.

Marcus.
30-11-2012, 09:48 PM
sounds fab

karl100589
12-12-2012, 07:01 PM
If you have any sort of comments or criticisms about the first two podcasts don't be afraid to post them here. Also if you have anything that you want us to talk about in regards to CBB9, the also please post.

karl100589
01-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Nothing has been cemented by any means, but we are planning to record the next episode of Big Brother's Big Archive this friday. The episode will be covering CBB9 and has been given the provisional title 'No Means Yes'.
As with the BB13 podcast I would love for you to send in any questions that you would like me, Paul and Joe to discuss about CBB9 and we will look to give anyone who does a callout on the show.

As well as this if anyone has any ideas for future episode titles please feel free to share those as well, here are some we have planned so far:
CBB9: No Means Yes
BB12: Wolves, Witches and Poppets
CBB8: The Only Way is Elstree
UBB: A Fond Farewell?
BB11: The Randy (Night)mare
CBB7: The House of Hell
BB10: The Dark Horse Rises
CBB9: I'm Doing it for the Sisters
BB9: I'd Swap you for Scrabble
BBCH: Young, Gifted and Bland
BB8: Belo and Bellends
CBB5: Your Claim to Fame is This
BB7: A Series to Swear By
CBB4: Would You Like Me to be the Cat?
BB6: I Love it in my Box Already
CBB3: The Walrus and the Eggman
BB5: It's Good to be Evil
BB4: Mr Tickle's House of Fun
BB3: That's the way we like it
BB2: Bursting the Bubble
BB1: You live by the Sword...

arsenalforever
01-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I would like for you to probably just have a whole show deciated to each Normal BB and CBB just give you're own views on each series and how you feel the show has held up .

Then do a best of Hm's, Tasks, Villians,Romances, Evictions etc

You could really have so many Podcasts to do down the line
i liked you're podcast just never got into BB13 or CBB10 really. But if you could go through all C4 BB's then it be great.

Great Job :)

Marcus.
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
cool

karl100589
04-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Episode 3 of Big Brother's Big Archive is online. This weeks episode covers CBB9 and is entitled 'No Means Yes'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ_c61-Gp78&feature=youtu.be

As ever feedback is appreciated.

Raph
08-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Looking forward to the BB7 and BB9 ones

karl100589
29-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Hey peeps. We plan to record our next episode of Big Brother's Big Archive this weekend, this episode will be covering BB12 and is entitled 'Wolves, Witches and Poppets'.

As ever we would love for you to post us some questions and things you want us to discuss on the podcast so please publish them here and we will be more then happy to give you a callout.

karl100589
01-02-2013, 10:00 PM
It's here ladies and gentlemen, the long awaited episode 4 of Big Brother's Big Archive, focusing on Big Brother 12 in an episode entitled 'Wolves, Witches and Poppets'.

As ever feedback is appreciated:

?v=tUq-RAoYAzg&feature=youtu.be

karl100589
10-02-2013, 06:26 PM
It's early in the planning, but we are considering recording another episode of Big Brother's Big Archive in the next week or so, this episode will be covering the most recent series (CBB11) and will be entitled 'Speidi Sense'.

As ever we request any questions that you would like us to discuss during the podcast. We would really appreciate it and it would make the podcast a far more enjoyable project then what it already is.

Also if there are any problems with the podcast which you would like us to fix up we would also be willing to here them as well, we want to make the show as good as we can and we can't do that without the viewer's contribution.

lostalex
10-02-2013, 06:31 PM
if you want me to participate for an up comming show, let me know. i can talk about big brother.

I've been on 6 episodes of BB couch potatoes live.

I can talk about BB all day long. so if you need someone to call in, let me know, PM me, I'd enjoy it. I always love talking BB with fellow BB fans.

karl100589
10-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the offer Lostalex, but all we need really are for people to post questions/ opinions about the series.

karl100589
16-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Episode 5 of Big Brother's Big Archive is online, and this week me, Paul and Joe look at CBB11:
?v=mhNQxrwWdB8&feature=youtu.be

karl100589
24-03-2013, 10:25 AM
CBB8 is the latest focus of Big Brother's Big Archive, in an episode entlted 'The Only Way Is Elstree':
?v=xxCP2JVZK5Q

Me. I Am Salman
24-03-2013, 01:09 PM
you have a LOT of time on your hands D;
at least you're passionate, I guess.

karl100589
24-03-2013, 08:35 PM
you have a LOT of time on your hands D;
at least you're passionate, I guess.

It's something I enjoy doing and Paul and Joe both enjoy it as well. I wish we had more viewer interest then what we get though, we barely get 100 listeners an episode.

KingBergkamp
02-06-2013, 01:51 AM
It's something I enjoy doing and Paul and Joe both enjoy it as well. I wish we had more viewer interest then what we get though, we barely get 100 listeners an episode.

I think the fact you deal with CBB and BB's from the least watched BB's that probably doesn't help mate.

You're best bet to get more views is deal with the peak period of BB (1-7) then once you get a fanbase then deal with the weaker or least seen BB's.