PDA

View Full Version : Fame academy

finch
16-10-2002, 09:16 PM
I'm still in shock over Naomi's departure what are your views?

em
18-10-2002, 03:04 PM
i was quite miffed at it too. but if she couldnt sing without her throat getting worse and her voice being ruined then she shouldnt have stayed. she was a good singer though, and a good guitar player too from what i saw.
would like Ainslie to go far at the moment. him and Lamar or Lemar i keep spelling it wrong.

tiptop
18-10-2002, 04:39 PM
I am not overly impressed by fame academy.

This time they have gone for talent and not for looks and age (for a change) so surely they would get the cream of the crop!! i can not believe that they are honestly the 12 most talented people out there!!

I like Lamarr and Sinead but the rest are yet to impress

peachy
18-10-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm really enjoying fame academy. Thank's to Splodge who told me how to get onto the interactive I'm now really enjoying it. I think that many of the students are very talented and they are improving so much.

By the way, it's nice to be back at last. Thanks for getting me back on, Mark.:xyxwave:

Romantic Old Bird
18-10-2002, 09:25 PM
Can you get the interactive on ntl digital though?

I pressed my red button and just got a couple of pages to read.

I am trying desperately never to lay myself open again to advanced Paul Clarke syndrome, and am trying to remain a little detached.

One hopeless obsession is enough
:love:

LEE
18-10-2002, 09:37 PM
I have NTL was well and no ROB you can't get the interactive coverage on NTL, or on any other cable digital service. :bawling:

One of the advantages of satellite is more capacity to carry signal, and therefore more interactive coverage. This was why we poor NTL subscribers couldn't view the live BB3 live feeds in this way either.

Amy
18-10-2002, 10:43 PM
I am really getting into this now :thumbs:
I watched tonights show and thought that Pippa sang really well :thumbs: I also thought Chris deserved to stay as he sang better than Katie but the best singers for me tonight were Marli and Anslie and of course Lamar :thumbs::hello::thumbs:
:wavey:

Abbobast
19-10-2002, 12:09 AM
I dunno, maybe its me but i think this show is really pants. I haven't been following it too closely but I have dipped in and out. The bits during the week aren't too bad, mainly cos the voice coach is a bit of alright (how old IS she??) and I love to see just how smarmy the guy from "would like to meet" can be.

But the Friday "singing for survival" shows - my god!!! Its just really really cheesy and when the pupils sing, they really arent that good, some are OK but none are outstanding. I realise its a nervewracking experience singing live on tv, especially as a non professional, but these people are really deeply average. The girl who "won" tonight, i forget her name, but the one who went back to the academy (not pippa) really didnt deserve to win, she was rubbish and a sourer face i never did see.

Maybe it'll pickup and ill get hooked like I did with BB, but for now I really couldn't give a toss what happens to any of em.

Oh, Bo Selecta is on - must dash.:hugesmile:

James
19-10-2002, 01:52 AM
I pretty much agree with everything you say about Fame Academy Abbo. Welcome to TIBB.

My take on this, at the moment, is that they've taken bits of other reality and game shows and cobbled them together. A bit of Big Brother here, Pop Idol there and throw in some Weakest Link and Survivor for good measure.

The performances at the moment don't seem to be particulary outstanding. Mind you the voting is entertaining enough, if a bit melodramatic. For me, it is like the Eurovision - the music sends me off to the land of nod but the voting is quite exciting.

Maybe it will improve, but I'm not sure if it will capture the moment like Big Brother and Pop Idol have. The Beeb are not traditionally good at populist telly like this.

finch
24-10-2002, 08:43 PM
OK the truth is the BBC have so far done a ****-poor job of editin the stuff into a programme

Watch the show on choice

That whipping thing was nasty

Carrie is the first star of this show, she was also great on PopIdol - Stalker type knowledge this I know

BusyBee
25-10-2002, 09:49 PM
After just watching tonight's performances all I can say is Go Katie Go. She sang that beautifully and its got nothing to do with the fact that I am really biased and I actually met someone this week who lives in the same street as her. Says she's a great girl. Fingers crossed she stays in.:thumbs::thumbs:

LEE
25-10-2002, 09:57 PM
She was so flat at the start of it though. Sorry, but I thought the other 2 sang better.

bbceleb1
25-10-2002, 10:09 PM
I think tonights episode was brilliant! :elephant:
they all did great
but i think
public vote=Camilla
then david will be kicked out!
must go about to reveal!
i luv fame academy!
www.fameacademy.cjb.net :hugesmile:

LEE
25-10-2002, 10:17 PM
I really thought you were going to be correct BBCELEB.

I'm glad David stayed as I thought he sang really well tonight and I would have hated him to go after just one week.

I feel so sorry for Camilla though as I thought that overall over the last few weeks she has been much much better than Katie and I do not think she deserved to go tonight.

WILDCHILD
25-10-2002, 10:33 PM
I am GUTTED Camilla has left.
I dont watch Fame Academy that often but I watched the first episode and my first impressions were Camilla and Lemar were brilliant and had lovely, soulful voices. Why she has gone I dont know? Maybe she hasnt had the chance to prove herself yet and as hard as the decision for the rest f the students must have been, they must not have based their decisions on tonights performance but overall who will do better - I think that is only fair.
Camilla did not deserve to go. Katie is ok but for me that is it.
I think that Nigel summed it up perfectly - Lemar will win this. He is fantastic.

I hope Cmailla goes on to do well.:thumbs:

LEE
25-10-2002, 10:40 PM
I think that the way the students have to vote on stage is horrible and I would hate to have to do that, at least in BB they make their nominations and comments in the diary room and not directly in front of their fellow housemates.

:flower:

finch
26-10-2002, 12:33 AM
I agree I wanted Camilla to stay she had such potential have you ever heard her personal sessions?

I find David a little bit too energetic

splodge0
26-10-2002, 12:36 AM
Can anyone tell me why we have two Fame Academy threads???

LEE
26-10-2002, 08:50 AM
Two were started on separate occasions.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

:flower:

BigSister
26-10-2002, 09:29 AM
I thought it was really difficult to choose

I wouldnt know who to choose:hugesmile:

BusyBee
26-10-2002, 10:45 PM
I'm really getting into Fame Academy really for the same reason as I got into BB2 the fact that I like the housemates. They seem a really great bunch and support one another.

As I've said before I'm biased about Katie - no way is she going to win, but listening to her speak just reminds me of home. Sorry.:hugesmile::hugesmile:

splodge0
08-03-2003, 11:14 AM
I seemed to remember Naomi was promised a place in Fame Academy 2. Would she have a case for breach of promise if they didn't re-commission?

Seriously though, it will be a travesty if the Beeb doesn't see the 1st run as a positive thing, as indeed BB1 was:colour:

:colour::colour:
:colour: