PDA

View Full Version : should a MP who is working be allowed to enter ?

waterhog
06-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Nadine Dorries - i'm a celeb - should she have entered ? 06.11.12

i am the one with no shame,
i don't take the hint,
but Nadine is pushing it,
and she wont come out mint.
self respect will be lost,
there will be no substitute,
i don't think her constituency are happy,
i most certainly do not salute.
what other job,
would be this understanding,
a 3 or 4 week extra holiday,
this is special treatment landing.
with all this publicity,
i am positive will out come pride,
because a charity will benefit,
to soften the divide.
she is no celebrity,
this is obscene,
but can she win me round,
under scrutiny i am watching Nadine.

( i see from today's news there is a bit of uproar about this lady entering the jungle. i have to admit if i said to my boss i am off to Australia for 3 - 4 weeks he would quite brutally tell me do not return, but then again i am not in such a privileged job of being a MP and having all these perks. i hope she does not put all her costs on her experiences as that really will push me over the edge. but like i say in my poem - i am open to be won round - but can Nadine do it ? love to no your views on her ?)

reality1
11-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, as she is supposed to be representing her constituency I think it' a bit cheeky of her, but very little chance of her winning

waterhog
11-11-2012, 12:06 PM
winning is not the point - the farct is she is being paid a very high wage and she has abonded her duties.

Kizzy
11-11-2012, 12:31 PM
If she uses the exposure to highlight issues then yes, if not no.
We will see how it plays out...

Me. I Am Salman
11-11-2012, 12:34 PM
no way

Shaun
11-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Nope.

MTVN
11-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Do they not get a certain amount of holiday time anyway? I guess if she's sacrificing other time off to do this then it's not too bad

joeysteele
11-11-2012, 01:31 PM
I would say no but I think there can always be exceptions, an MP does work hard over the year in the main.
Part of being a Politician is to get and be noticed, by going into the Jungle, Nadine will certainly get more well known.

Whether she has been wise to do something like ' I'm a Celebrity' or not is another matter though, it is not an ideal platform to get personal issues or Political issues discussed to any depth.

Overall I think she is a good MP, I would have thought the Conservative party would have been glad anyway to see her away for around 3 weeks, so I hope she continues as an MP with no real punishment for going in when she comes back from the show.
It is a one off and I think on this occasion, the whole attack on her going in the show has been way over the top.

waterhog
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
you lot are missing the whole point.

if a nurse or doctor or a fireman a policeman - a bus driver what ever was to do this - can you honestly expect there employer to be this understanding ? this is the unjust i am highlighting.

the amount of money she earns from this job has nothin to do with it - but yes i admit it is one more kick in the teeth. and for those that say she woks hard like all mp's - i would argue that is what the pay is there for. ( which i may add is like footballers - TO MUCH.)

reality1
11-11-2012, 09:42 PM
You make a good point, but let's face facts if most MP's didn't turn up for work would we really notice or indeed care
Many of them are greedy, selfish, and would be hard pushed to find any other job, so they try TV!
She is after a TV career, this being the start of it

waterhog
12-11-2012, 08:43 AM
thats shameful - and i think the public will see this.

Livia
12-11-2012, 11:18 AM
MPs get a lot of time off and as the Parliamentary recess doesn't cover the whole of her trip, she should be at work.

Omah
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
No

Kizzy
12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
What would I prefer, a backbencher that sits there for the whole of their career in the commons heckling away at others... Or an MP who gets ot there and raises the profile of the causes they support?...hmmm.
This is an unconventional decision yes but lets not write her off just yet.

SSL2012
12-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Hell no, she's not even a celebrity anyway.
But to get a mp/politician on any reality show will almost guarentee news paper columns.

Heck the daily mail had CBB on the front page in god know's how many years 14months ago when sally bercow went on it.

So to summarise MP's = Ratings, no chance of any reality show not trying to get one.

smeagol
18-11-2012, 02:12 PM
shouldn't be in there at all. she isn't famous she isn't a celebrity. they arn't celebs who work for the govement and shouldn't be treated as such. they are meant to work for us.
its a crazy world. biggest cockroaches in the jungle

reality1
18-11-2012, 03:13 PM
She is very lucky, if it wasn't for Helen she would be doing all the trials!

Marcus.
18-11-2012, 03:14 PM

Hell-en is helping her not get all the tasks

waterhog
18-11-2012, 09:40 PM

not sure how that would go down - a cockroach with a cockroach.:devil:

reality1
19-11-2012, 02:53 AM
She is vile and should not be allowed on a tv program, I don't want an MP on entertainment shows, bad enough the has beens they already got, only David haye and Helen are real celebs!

Kate!
19-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Categorically no.

Livia
19-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Well, she's done lots to raise awareness on important issues, hasn't she... which was the point of her going in there, wasn't it? Or was it an exersize in shameless self-promotion after all? That's a rhetorical question, incidentally.

waterhog
20-11-2012, 11:31 AM
its a platform for fame - but i most certainly will not be voting for her or any of the con party - i think she is in hot water with david - and thats camron not haye ?

Kizzy
20-11-2012, 11:38 AM
She will get several chances to explain her reasonings, if she has done it as a platform for personal not professional reasons it will be exposed very quickly.

reality1
20-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Good point she was voted in representing the Con party ! ha ha ha

waterhog
20-11-2012, 12:25 PM
reality - thats why i love you - you get all my political digs - well done mate.

reality1
20-11-2012, 01:27 PM
reality - thats why i love you - you get all my political digs - well done mate.

Thanks, I do think mad nad is playing a cleverish game, siding with Helen and attacking Hugo, hoping to run with the viewers attitudes, but can't see her winning, or indeed lasting very long in there!

Niamh.
20-11-2012, 01:31 PM
She is vile and should not be allowed on a tv program, I don't want an MP on entertainment shows, bad enough the has beens they already got, only David haye and Helen are real celebs!

And Charlie

Kizzy
20-11-2012, 01:41 PM
And Charlie

Charlie is a much better actress than helen too....imo :)

Niamh.
20-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Charlie is a much better actress than helen too....imo :)

Yeah, Helen obviously didn't even have to act :laugh:

Vanessa
20-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I quite like Nadine. She seems like a nice lady. I haven't got her problem with her being an MP. I think she has a right to enter the show if she wants. :)

waterhog
20-11-2012, 04:49 PM
noone is aying she has not got a right venessa but what we are saying is - her lack of political input being in the show ? and her stiring ways and avoiding all the trouble ? is she real of fake or as brian would have said ITS A PUPPET. either way its very hard to be representing your party who feels everyone should be out working and paying there way as they are cutting benefits left right and center while on the other hand a paid employee on no less then £65 grand a year (with out perks ) is being paid to go into a relaity TV - something is wrong here and i am not getting the messages or reasons and i don't even get the point.

Munchkins
20-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Hasn't she just come back from the 2 weeks off they get aswell?
ridicullous

Marcus.
20-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Hasn't she just come back from the 2 weeks off they get aswell?
ridicullous

she need to get out and get back to her job

waterhog
20-11-2012, 09:46 PM
she has lost that.

reality1
21-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I can't really see this will help get her message across to voters, I believe she is hoping for a career in TV, please no, already enough losers and no talents on the tv as it is!

waterhog
21-11-2012, 08:41 AM
reality we are the consumers - and if we all rush out to buy helen merchandise or what ever she sells - we have our selfs to blame.

reality1
21-11-2012, 09:06 AM
reality we are the consumers - and if we all rush out to buy helen merchandise or what ever she sells - we have our selfs to blame.

You are right, I am seldom influenced by ads, I'm a smoker and there are no ads allowed, bit like the kind of thing if Hitler had won the war I guess

ha ha ha :dance:

waterhog
21-11-2012, 09:18 AM
haha