PDA

View Full Version : Has Mike Tyson Lost the Place?

Kaz
23-01-2002, 08:48 AM
'Munching' Mike Tyson is back in the news again for all the wrong reasons. Click here (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002031486,00.html) to read article in today's Sun.

Now I know boxing is a dangerous and violent sport, but I thought all the fighting was supposed to happen in the ring!?!

Lennox Lewis strikes me as a 'gentle giant' type of bloke, and I can't see him getting involved in a brawl of this type without extreme provocation. And what is it about Tyson that he feels the need to sink his teeth into every opponent? :mad:

I think he's a very lucky man to still be involved at all in boxing after what he did to Evander Holyfield. After this latest incident, he should be thrown out of the sport for good. A total nutcase.

I know boxing's not everyone's cup of tea - it's not really mine either - but your views on Tyson's behaviour would be appreciated.

Feefs
23-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Well, I'd argue that Tyson was never really in the place in the first instance, but his inability to control himself is getting silly. I'm not a fan of boxing, but I'm not against it either. I see it as a sport that is physically demanding, sometimes dangerous (but not as dangerous as rugby, skiing etc), and heavily rooted in discipline. For many kids it really is a useful way of channelling natural agression through skill into something constructive, but not violent.

Tyson on the other hand is a big bully. He can't control his actions in or out of a boxing ring, so the boxing authorities shouldn't let him compete. I couldn't believe Lewis would consider fighting him, but I suppose it must be tempting when the money's so big, and he's such a famous name in the sport. The grown-up and sensible person in me thinks that even if the authorities allow it, Lewis should refuse to have anything to do with him. The immature and vitriolic part of me hoped he whips his ass! :spin2:

disco
24-01-2002, 04:57 PM
I find it amazing that anyone is even willing to promote a convicted rapist who is clearly unstable.

Perhaps it is idealistic of me to expect such a monster to be dropped along with his earning potential, but Tyson and anyone who has anything to do with him are, IMHO, sick b*****ds.

Janette
24-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Disco
I find it amazing that anyone is even willing to promote a convicted rapist who is clearly unstable.

Perhaps it is idealistic of me to expect such a monster to be dropped along with his earning potential, but Tyson and anyone who has anything to do with him are, IMHO, sick b*****ds.

My thoughts exactly, I used to watch his pay per view fights but when he was arrested for rape I realised what a pig he really is. I would never pay to see him fight and put money in his pocket. He should be rotting in prison right now as far as I'm concerned. :devil:

Graeme
27-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Unlike some people i am a fan of boxing but i do know that tysons behavior should not be allowed. He sticks his teeth into everyone he sees!

When will his last match be?!:mad:

Kaz
27-01-2002, 09:48 PM
Hi Graeme - welcome to the board. :wavey:

You're spot on - Tyson's behaviour shouldn't be allowed, and my view is that he shouldn't be allowed to box ever again. All he does is bring the sport into disrepute.

He stands to pick up millions of dollars just by going into the ring against Lennox Lewis. I think it's totally outrageous that he should be earning money like that, when he should be behind bars.
:devil: