the high did fade.
i have made a decision,
Ash i want on a reef,
i would so enjoy her,
anxiety and tension but no grief.
Charlie don't compare,
i think its the East End addicts,
whats happened to giving priority to immigrants,
Labor and Conservatives supporters this is all contradicts.
inside and out,
Ash is pure and organic,
i so think she should have won,
there's no proof that's its all due to my feelings that are orgasmic.:dance:

Benjamin
02-12-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm glad Charlie won. :tongue:

Kizzy
02-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Me too! sorry joe :)

MeMyselfAndI
02-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Ashley > Charlie for me

Cherie
02-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I didn't get Charlie winning, I suppose its all the Eastender fans voting...she didnt really do it for me.

dyfed
02-12-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't see Charlie as a worthy winner compared to Ash,even David would have been a better winner then Charlie,I would not like to believe she won because she is a Brit....
Of the two,Ashley will have the most offers and be wanted to be seen more by the public,that in it self tells you she has won.

GiRTh
02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Without the Eastenders block vote and KIki no way Charlie would have won. Its still impressive for a celeb from overseas who has not much of a name in her own right to come 2nd. Factor in that she's hot and sexyu too and Ash's achievement is remarkable.

Jamie585
02-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Ashley was far more entertaining, but Still happy for Charlie.

Munchkins
02-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Ashley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Charlie
Ashley has done amazing though, 2nd place for the person who was the 2nd least favourite to win at the beginning..

waterhog
03-12-2012, 08:16 AM
they are talking about it on the wrightstuff this morning.

dyfed
03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
What is the wrightstuff ?

the truth
03-12-2012, 07:15 PM
she won simply because shes english like so many other unworthy winners on english reality tv shows. my thread on this appears to have been deleted. so much for free speech, what a joke

Mystic Mock
03-12-2012, 07:17 PM
What hurt Ashley was that while she was likeable she was quite boring, at least Charlie had her rivalry with Helen and never seemed to behave like a robot like Ashley could sometimes.

Kazanne
03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
i'm glad charlie won too

Omah
03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
What hurt Ashley was that while she was likeable she was quite boring, at least Charlie had her rivalry with Helen and never seemed to behave like a robot like Ashley could sometimes.

Were you watching the same series as the rest of us ..... :conf:

Mystic Mock
03-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Well yes as Charlie won.

Marsh.
03-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Some people don't understand the definition of "opinion".

Mystic Mock
03-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Some people don't understand the definition of "opinion".

If you're aiming it at me then I apologize, but considering what Omah said to me it's quite ironic considering the majority of the public wanted Charlie to win over Ashley and I think that's because Ashley wasn't entertaining enough, she simply got so far because of her likeablity and her looks.

Marsh.
03-12-2012, 11:18 PM
If you're aiming it at me

Quite the opposite. :laugh:

Mystic Mock
03-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh alright I was just saying in case you thought I was being rude.

dyfed
03-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Were you watching the same series as the rest of us ..... :conf:

It's got me confused as well:conf::conf:

the truth
04-12-2012, 12:06 AM
If you're aiming it at me then I apologize, but considering what Omah said to me it's quite ironic considering the majority of the public wanted Charlie to win over Ashley and I think that's because Ashley wasn't entertaining enough, she simply got so far because of her likeablity and her looks.

wrong. ashley had a great sense of humour and had the personality to deal with the various characters in there. charlie has no sense of humour and simply spoke about herself 24/7. She only won because shes english and in eastenders (deadenders griefenders call it what you will, its profoundly awful)

Marsh.
04-12-2012, 12:09 AM
wrong.

:rolleyes:

simply spoke about herself 24/7.

She only won because shes english and in eastenders

I'll bet you couldn't prove either of those things

King Gizzard
04-12-2012, 12:09 AM
please not bets :( please no

Mystic Mock
04-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Ashley needed alot of highlight time to standout imo, Charlie on the otherhand did more with no Bushtucker Trials apart from the final, and hardly any highlight footage after the first week.

Omah
04-12-2012, 12:58 AM

IIRC, Ashley came from 40/1 against at the beginning of the series to 2/1 favourite to win, based on her total commitment to and involvement with the series, until the moment the producers pulled the "Kiki" card to ensure that the previously almost invisible Charlie, noted only for moping and whingeing, won ..... :pipe:

Also, IIRC, Charlie never did a BTT on her own and even in the final depended on Ashley for encouragement and support ..... :suspect:

Mystic Mock
04-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm saying though the producers had to give Ashley loads of stuff to do because she wasn't that interesting on her own merits imo, just a nice and pretty woman.

Omah
04-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Charlie did no Bushtucker Trials apart from the final, and (had) hardly any highlight footage after the first week.

Yeah, she was Ms Invisible ..... :laugh3:

Omah
04-12-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm saying though the producers had to give Ashley loads of stuff to do because she wasn't that interesting on her own merits imo, just a nice and pretty woman.

Au contraire, mon ami - Charlie was Ms Dull from Dullsville and failed to provide the producers with any footage to edit in, until the contrived "Kiki "drama" ..... :bored:

Marsh.
04-12-2012, 01:30 AM
And what, do tell, is the producer's motivation for orchestrating a Charlie win?

More conspiracy bollocks you always get after the final of every show.

In this case ITV had no motivation, they would be giving publicity to a BBC star, there is no prize fund anyway they all already have their set fees and the ultimate winner of I'm a Celeb is fairly pointless anyway. It doesn't mean anything, just a bit of fun and a laugh.

Omah
04-12-2012, 02:19 AM
And what, do tell, is the producer's motivation for orchestrating a Charlie win?

More conspiracy bollocks you always get after the final of every show.

In this case ITV had no motivation, they would be giving publicity to a BBC star, there is no prize fund anyway they all already have their set fees and the ultimate winner of I'm a Celeb is fairly pointless anyway. It doesn't mean anything, just a bit of fun and a laugh.

Just, for example ..... explain Biggins "win" ...... :eek:

:pipe:

Charlie's another "luvvie", Ashley "ain't" ...... :idc:

Kazanne
04-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Here we go again,there just HAS to be a 'fix' involved somewhere as some peoples favourite never won,to me it is simply that Charlie got more votes than Ashley,probably due to her being better known and appealing to a wider audience,I liked Ashley but i do know people who didn't even know who she was,Charlie wasn't boring imo,she was up for trials she just didn't get them due to others being favoured,the ones she did,she was good at,she was pleasant and a nice girl,what more can you ask.

the truth
04-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Here we go again,there just HAS to be a 'fix' involved somewhere as some peoples favourite never won,to me it is simply that Charlie got more votes than Ashley,probably due to her being better known and appealing to a wider audience,I liked Ashley but i do know people who didn't even know who she was,Charlie wasn't boring imo,she was up for trials she just didn't get them due to others being favoured,the ones she did,she was good at,she was pleasant and a nice girl,what more can you ask.

no fix just xenophobic english public...the same biased idiots who voted zara phillips as sports personality of the year around 6 years ago,pitiful

AnnieK
04-12-2012, 08:53 AM
It's a British show....how many practically unknown Brits would win an American show against a household name? at the end of the day these things are a popularity contest really and so the result was to be expected. I liked both girls, didn't know Ashley before but she did a great job IMO.

Omah
04-12-2012, 08:59 AM

Personality ..... :joker:

Kazanne
04-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Personality ..... :joker:

Well imo she has a personality,and a winning smile

AnnieK
04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Well imo she has a personality,and a winning smile

I agree with you kazanne. Don't quite get the hate but I never do for tv shows??

Omah
04-12-2012, 10:57 AM
I agree with you kazanne. Don't quite get the hate but I never do for tv shows??

What "hate"?

:conf:

Suze
04-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I have seen no hate for Charlie either :conf: Just some who preferred Ashley and rightly so for them, especially if they were voting like mad and were disappointed she didn't win as they routed for her.

Charlie seemed nice enough, but for me I think she had quite a bland personality really, so have to agree with Omah there, she might have shone on the day of the final, which casual viewers would have seen, but she didn't shine through the series imo, and am pretty sure the Eastenders vote would have helped her on the day of the final. Casual viewers recognising her from EE would likely have voted for her, pushing her votes up. However, until we get the voting figures, we won't know for sure who was the most popular up to that point. Hope the figures are released soonish.

waterhog
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
i agree with all your points - i also take into consideration that ashley could not represent iceland in there adverts - and that makes im a celeb biased from the start.

Marsh.
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM
no fix just xenophobic english public...the same biased idiots who voted zara phillips as sports personality of the year around 6 years ago,pitiful

Yeah, xenophobic English people who voted an American popstar second out of everybody when she started out as second least favourite to win. :rolleyes:

the truth
04-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah, xenophobic English people who voted an American popstar second out of everybody when she started out as second least favourite to win. :rolleyes:

yeah second not first....as in every single reality show in english tv history...same with all the award shows....we are little englanders, totally narrow minded biased and up our own backsides, the worse thing is we think we are not, we think we are worldly and beloved the world over. I think a decade of these shows, is enough for us to see a pattern, we will follow americans into illegal wars for money. but we choose to get them back by taking it out on individual americans with our snide sarcasm, mean spiritedmocking and hopeless bias.

historically we are poorly educated we just look at the sna[pshots of history that tuit our agenda and our absurd view of ourselves. when we sing rule britannia it makes me want to vomit. whats to show off about? our empire was a sick joke, we abused slaves, whilst we slavishly worshipped absurd cruel rules for over a century as millions suffered and does, yet we seem to think everyone in the commonwealth loves us? were a totally deluded embarassment. just look at the battle of the somme to see how much our idiot generals really cared about his fellow englishman? 50,000 dead in a day. operation certain death, for what? an argument between a few elitist monarchs? were a joke.

Marsh.
04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Some might say you're reading too much into an inconsequential light entertainment show that people forget about when it's over.

the truth
04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Some might say you're reading too much into an inconsequential light entertainment show that people forget about when it's over.

yeah but 10 million viewers is a lot of people to be ripped off and manipulated. also its not just 1 show , its the culture of a decade of reality tv shows and quiz shows and political shows , that display ignorant petty bias and discrimination against america and american individuals..

Marsh.
04-12-2012, 09:52 PM
yeah but 10 million viewers is a lot of people to be ripped off and manipulated. also its not just 1 show , its the culture of a decade of reality tv shows and quiz shows and political shows , that display ignorant petty bias and discrimination against america and american individuals..

Ripped off and manipulated? By who?

It's those viewers who have voted.

Omah
04-12-2012, 10:21 PM

Who knows who votes ..... :conf:

Voters need not necessarily be viewers ..... ;)

Kazanne
04-12-2012, 10:30 PM

You gotto be kidding? you really are paranoid about us Brits only voting for our own,that thought never entered my head,I thought they were both nice girls and I was happy with the winner,nothing to do with Ashley being American,I'de have been happy with her as a winner too.

the truth
04-12-2012, 10:31 PM

biased people and biased presnters (Not ant and dec) but endless pro english anti americans such as pete burns who wanted all americans banned from all future big brothers, endless english presenters like matt dreary smith who didnt miss a chance to back english contestants, chat shows mocking yanks, bitter british celebs who failed to make it big in the US allowed to come on and slate the americans, endless anti american bilge on quiz shows and documentaries....not to mention the radio airwaves....its all little englander manipulation....we can give it but we cant take it back...I recall seinfeld took the pee out of the last royal wedding, every english presnter includingthat buffoon adrian chiles got very upset and jingoistic about it....wheres our supposed ironic humour gone then? oh thats right we only have it when were making the jokes.

the truth
04-12-2012, 10:32 PM
You gotto be kidding? you really are paranoid about us Brits only voting for our own,that thought never entered my head,I thought they were both nice girls and I was happy with the winner,nothing to do with Ashley being American,I'de have been happy with her as a winner too.

no I am not kidding I am 10000000000000000000% serious
weve failed to vote an american winner of any english reality show in a decade. its a disgrace. we bitterly anti american. period. you could have put any cockney in there and we english would have voted her as winner to stop the yank winning. thats who we are im afriad

Kazanne
04-12-2012, 10:37 PM
no I am not kidding I am 10000000000000000000% serious
weve failed to vote an american winner of any english reality show in a decade. its a disgrace. we bitterly anti american. period. you could have put any cockney in there and we english would have voted her as winner to stop the yank winning. thats who we are im afriad

That is just NOT true and I am not anti American,I have relatives there,seems you are quite anti British though.

the truth
05-12-2012, 01:54 AM
That is just NOT true and I am not anti American,I have relatives there,seems you are quite anti British though.

Well I was born in britain and lived here my whole life and I have no affiliation to any other country through any relatives, so sadly you wont be able to pigeon hole me. I just say it as I see it. we are incredibly parochial still. Especially eastenders.

Marsh.
05-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Who knows who votes ..... :conf:

Voters need not necessarily be viewers ..... ;)

The voters will be within the 10 million viewers of I'm a Celeb.

Or did you think the people who don't actually watch the show were voting? :rolleyes:

Omah
05-12-2012, 03:38 AM
The voters will be within the 10 million viewers of I'm a Celeb.

Or did you think the people who don't actually watch the show were voting? :rolleyes:

Of course ..... anybody with an interest in the outcome (financial, professional, managerial, etc) would have rallied friends, relatives and employees to ensure the required outcome ..... to suppose that only viewers vote, is, IMO, profoundly naive ..... :idc:

waterhog
05-12-2012, 07:55 AM
what i can not understand is - everything we saw of ash was a pleasure. how she never won - really does bug me. but i can draw a line now as we have to move on.

the truth
05-12-2012, 01:37 PM
what i can not understand is - everything we saw of ash was a pleasure. how she never won - really does bug me. but i can draw a line now as we have to move on.

because we are biased parochial little englanders, the yanks are too polite to mention it, but were the same on all award shows, quiz shows and reality shows. we were obnoxious to vanilla ice on the farm too, he seemed a great guy. its nothing new. we are the same when we go to the mediterrancean on tour in gangs. we chant against the germans, we attack the scots, we called the welsh sheep shaggers, we fight the irish, call the aussies convicts and generally smash up the bars....theres areas of the med where they simply wont serve us beer, yet if you pretend youre from another country they will serve you and suddenly become friendlier. we are profoundly disliked across the continent.

AnnieK
05-12-2012, 02:27 PM
because we are biased parochial little englanders, the yanks are too polite to mention it, but were the same on all award shows, quiz shows and reality shows. we were obnoxious to vanilla ice on the farm too, he seemed a great guy. its nothing new. we are the same when we go to the mediterrancean on tour in gangs. we chant against the germans, we attack the scots, we called the welsh sheep shaggers, we fight the irish, call the aussies convicts and generally smash up the bars....theres areas of the med where they simply wont serve us beer, yet if you pretend youre from another country they will serve you and suddenly become friendlier. we are profoundly disliked across the continent.

Can't agree with this I'm afraid.. It was a British show voted by the British so not just English. I have said before how many virtually unknown Brits would win an American show up against a household name from one of the biggest shows on TV?? Katharine Jenkins on Dancing with the Stars - should have won but didn't she lost to a better known American.

Suze
05-12-2012, 03:15 PM

Yep, it is done and dusted now, we can't change the outcome, and Ashley should do well out of it, so I expect she is happy enough with the result.

the truth
05-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Can't agree with this I'm afraid.. It was a British show voted by the British so not just English. I have said before how many virtually unknown Brits would win an American show up against a household name from one of the biggest shows on TV?? Katharine Jenkins on Dancing with the Stars - should have won but didn't she lost to a better known American.

52 million english so we dominate the vote. its been this way for many years, we sneer at and mock america and all things american, we secretly envy the fact they rule the world....for years weve mocked beverly hills,but given a bit of wealth we soon try to copy them, now we see more barbie doll lifestyles here than over there....we mocked their greed yet theyve actually looked after their industries better than we hve, theyve also looked after their soliders better than we have...the only reason we have to feel any moral advantage is with the NHS...however that is falling apart with poor values and it was only ever implemented by 2 maverick welsh blokes...llloyd george and neu bevan...without whom the english aristocracy would never have even paid tax, nor would there be a welfare state, no pensions, no NHS , period..

..the americans are far more benevolent and generous in rewarding foreign stars , in reality tv where theyve had several english winners and in music, tv,literary prizes and in the movies...they give out lifetime awards to charlie chaplin, peter otoole, olivier and hitchcock, tony hopkins and connery....they dish out oscars and grammys and emmys galore to endless british artists....sadly we cant do the same back...we are mean spirited biased and parochial.

waterhog
06-12-2012, 07:17 PM
ashley replied to my poem - see you all at the church on saturday.

the truth
10-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I notices the far more generous open minded americans have nomitaed another british artist for 6 emmys , mumford and sons are doing great out there. its such a shame us little englanders cant be as generous , big hearted and open minded as the yanks..if the US is the land of opportunity , where anyone can become president, then we appear to be the land of the one-eyed parochial backscratchers.