PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race 22

DrunkerThanMoses
19-12-2012, 06:23 PM
http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/files/styles/596xh/public/102595_d001306b_2.jpg

Teams

Anthony and Jonathan - Hockey Players (:sleep:) - 2nd | 1st | 3rd | 7th | 4th | 1st |
Pamela & Winnie - *Friends - 4th | 9th | 4th | 2nd | 1st | 2nd |
Chuck and Wynona - Married - 7th | 5th | 9th | 8th | 7th | 3rd |
Meghan and Joey - Video Bloggers - 6th | 4th | 5th | 5th | 6th | 4th |
Caroline and Jennifer - Country Singers - 10th | 7th | 6th | 4th | 5th | 5th |
Beth and Mona - Friends - 5th | 6th | 7th | 6th | 3rd | 6th |
Max and Katherine - Newly-weds - 9th | 8th | 8th | 3rd | 2nd | 7th |
-----------------------------------------------------------
Connor and Dave - Father/Son - 3rd | 2nd | 1st | 1st | 8th
John and Jessica - Dating - 1st | 3rd | 2nd | 9th
Jamel and Idries -(Doctors/Twins) - 8th | 10th
Matt and Daniel (Firefighters) - 11th

Used Express Pass
Came Last in Non-Elimination Leg
Was U-Turned
Team Withdrew

Marc
19-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Ohh yeahh? Starting the threads now are we? :laugh:

DrunkerThanMoses
19-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Saw pictures of the teams so thought why not, want this to start now

Marc
19-12-2012, 07:04 PM
While you wait, watch TAR Aus 1 and 2

DrunkerThanMoses
19-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Still need to watch 19 and 20 first

Marc
19-12-2012, 07:23 PM
THEN GET MOVING!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

rk3388
19-12-2012, 07:53 PM
if you're a brenchel fan watch 20 asap :D

DrunkerThanMoses
19-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Not a huge fan of them, she was annoying but sometimes in a entertaining way. I guess they dont win so I hope when eliminated she runs of into the nearest bush crying :joker:

DrunkerThanMoses
20-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Pictures of the rumoured teams

Matt and Daniel - Firefighters

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Parisinspring/TAR22/IMG_0652a_zps316c31d5.jpg

Caroline and Jennifer - Country Singers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Parisinspring/TAR22/IMG_0665a_zps02369789.jpg

Beth and Mona - Friends

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Parisinspring/TAR22/IMG_0681a_zps0c844628.jpg

Chuck and Wynona - Married

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Parisinspring/TAR22/IMG_0621a_zpsb8077d7e.jpg

Jamel and Idries -Doctors/Twins

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Parisinspring/TAR22/IMG_0595a_zps9346ac46.jpg

Anthony and Jonathan - Hockey Players

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TAR%2022/Christchurch/2012-11-18_205058.jpg

Winnie and Cam - Sisters or Friends

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/domel9/xfforange.png

Connor and Dave - Father/Son

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Parisinspring/TAR22/IMG_0649a_zps027d614c.jpg

Max and Katherine - Newly-weds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Parisinspring/TAR22/IMG_0610a_zps67dff8a7.jpg

Meghan and Joey - Video Bloggers

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/domel9/xmfgrey.png

John and Jessica - Dating

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TAR%2022/Auckland/kiwi/2012-11-18_045504.jpg

Marc
20-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Katherine :love:

Chuck's hair :love:

DrunkerThanMoses
30-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Apparently one of the locations was Britain, haven't been there since 17

ff10wakka
04-01-2013, 12:31 AM
I am a little surprised they didn't go with any gimmick cast members.

rk3388
04-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Chuck and Wynona- cant even :P

DrunkerThanMoses
11-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Seeing as Survivor cast was published today, we might have the cast of this season published in the next week or so

BBfanUSA
22-01-2013, 11:40 PM
The cast will be revealed tomorrow.

DrunkerThanMoses
23-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes they are, they have a link on CBS website saying meet the new cast but when ever I click on it, the link does not work

Marc
23-01-2013, 12:09 PM
I knew there was something else coming on tv in Feb ! :love: Survivor, Walking Dead and This!

DrunkerThanMoses
23-01-2013, 01:28 PM
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/season/22/cast/

Up now :)

BBfanUSA
11-02-2013, 12:55 AM
A commercial just said 3 teams quit within the first ep. (AKA they refuse to do the roadblock.)

DrunkerThanMoses
12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
That could lead to some arguments between the teams, cant wait

Marc
17-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Starts tonight! :amazed:

Bluerang1
18-02-2013, 05:44 AM
I love Max and Kat!

And glad we got rid of a boring team first. I however hate luck based challenges like the sand castle one. It they wanted to even out the playing field they should have made it a puzzle or some sort of conundrum.

starry
18-02-2013, 09:23 AM
The best part by far was the sandcastles. It was virtually the only task on the leg. Even so that and the mini-drama it caused meant this was better than last season's launch. Being told the last team WOULD be eliminated took the drama off the arrival of the last team.

The twist of 3 teams agreeing to take a penalty was actually way more interesting than the 2 team express pass (another launch twist that, like last year's, left me underwhelmed). I'm puzzled by Team Cancer saying that by being second on the plane meant they would get the express pass, I thought it was indicated clearly the second team on the mat would get it. The producers creating some fake drama as the teams pretty much extinguished any suspense by agreeing the second place team would get it?

The canoe task needed to be more difficult. The Australian version last year did a raft task in a far more exciting launch that was a much bigger test.

Few navigation skills needed in this episode, just getting to an already indicated airport. I'm not sure how a skydive from a helicopter is any more different to doing it from a plane, probably less high anyway.

Overall not that disappointed with who was eliminated. Of the teams not that many standing out right now. The producers are pushing the cancer team but they seem boring so far. The youtube one and the one with the fake smile female look the two who standout so far.

Marc
18-02-2013, 10:22 AM
It's not genius to take the penalty. I wouldn't have given up like that. Matt and Daniel should have stayed put, they would have found one of three clues in at least 4 hours

Marc
18-02-2013, 10:45 AM
The best part by far was the sandcastles. It was virtually the only task on the leg. Even so that and the mini-drama it caused meant this was better than last season's launch. Being told the last team WOULD be eliminated took the drama off the arrival of the last team.

The twist of 3 teams agreeing to take a penalty was actually way more interesting than the 2 team express pass (another launch twist that, like last year's, left me underwhelmed). I'm puzzled by Team Cancer saying that by being second on the plane meant they would get the express pass, I thought it was indicated clearly the second team on the mat would get it. The producers creating some fake drama as the teams pretty much extinguished any suspense by agreeing the second place team would get it?

The canoe task needed to be more difficult. The Australian version last year did a raft task in a far more exciting launch that was a much bigger test.

Few navigation skills needed in this episode, just getting to an already indicated airport. I'm not sure how a skydive from a helicopter is any more different to doing it from a plane, probably less high anyway.

Overall not that disappointed with who was eliminated. Of the teams not that many standing out right now. The producers are pushing the cancer team but they seem boring so far. The youtube one and the one with the fake smile female look the two who standout so far.

They agreed the second team to arrive from the first flight would get it. Granted the first team would have had to have also been from the first flight. Which they were

Marc
18-02-2013, 10:49 AM
This still remains the best on-water challenge on TAR history

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/polls/483000/483400_1278352095306_60.jpg?v=1278352100

Tiny picture but its the basket boats from TAR3, where Flo almost committed suicide from the stress :laugh:

DrunkerThanMoses
18-02-2013, 12:35 PM
I get the feeling the editing is trying to produce some villain teams this season

Max and Katie, Idries & Jamil and Pam & Winnie all seem to be have villain qualities to them.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the cancer people and the couple who came first next week.

Think the Roller Moms are ones to watch out for, I noticed they seemed to have a lot of conversationals in the episode when they dont seem to be the most interesting team

starry
18-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I never understood why Zack and Flo were allowed to use local help. I was told on another forum that the production after the show said that all competitors in that challenge (detour maybe?) were allowed to use local help in the end. If true that explained it perhaps. But just looking at the show it seemed strange how suddenly they got locals to do the task. I actually liked them as a team, so it's not that I was rooting against them.

Marc
27-02-2013, 02:59 PM
I get the feeling the editing is trying to produce some villain teams this season

I was just coming into this thread to post this. I think the Father/Son team are being made out to be slightly annoying/a target to others.. which will only mean they will be U-Turned somewhere down the line.

Max and Katie definitely have a villian quality mainly because they want to play the game and go hard, which I like.

Glad Idries & Jamil have gone

DrunkerThanMoses
04-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Dave and Connor are getting on my nerves with the whole we had cancer bit, I mean well done for over coming it but stop talking about it. Other then that I actually did not mind them winning that leg.

Tregard
10-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Dave and Connor will go one more leg and call it quits. Although I would love to see them make it to the final 3 because it would be absolutely ridiculous.

Chuck and Wynonia (sp?) are probably not long left for the race, although again, I could see them being the dark horse team if the get lucky (A fast forward involving taxidermy, for example)

Against my own wishes I reckon the country singers will make it to the final, or at least close to it, they look like they could get out of most situations by asking for help. I would prefer the Roller Derby Moms in the final 3.

Joey & Meghan are destined to make a gigantic screw up eventually, I can feel it.

It's a shame, my favourite 2 teams went out first two legs :L Backing Team Mullet and Team Roller Derby for the time being.

Also, I'd like a leg-long intersection this season.

Macie Lightfoot
10-03-2013, 06:50 PM
It's a shame, my favourite 2 teams went out first two legs :L

Matt and Daniel were one of the most boring teams... ever? How can they be anyone's favorite?

Tregard
10-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Matt and Daniel were one of the most boring teams... ever? How can they be anyone's favorite?

I thought they had potential, I like teams that come from the same job (Such as Louie and Michael). They never had a chance to show any character, same as every team that goes out first. I calls them as I sees them, and that was simply a bad call :L

Marc
10-03-2013, 10:53 PM
I hope Mona and Beth do well :D

Macie Lightfoot
10-03-2013, 11:30 PM
I thought they had potential, I like teams that come from the same job (Such as Louie and Michael). They never had a chance to show any character, same as every team that goes out first. I calls them as I sees them, and that was simply a bad call :L

There have been plenty of first boots that have showcased their personalities, Matt and Daniel just didn't. They were barely on the show and given how stellar the rest of the cast is, I really can't understand how they were your favorites or how two people having the same job makes them more appealing when we've had awful demons like the Globetrotters, Detectives (yes they sucked deal with it), Cowboys, Snowboarders, and Boarder Patrol Agents.

DrunkerThanMoses
11-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Wow good episode.

Dave and Connor and kicking some butt.

Laughed so much when John and Jessica was eliminated with the Express Pass

So far much better then last season

Marc
11-03-2013, 11:47 AM
ROFL John and Jessica :joker:

DrunkerThanMoses
11-03-2013, 12:59 PM
What happens to the express pass now? Will another team get it?

Looks like Max and Katie try to get everyone to turn on Beth and Mona and Youtubers from the previews... evil bastards

Bluerang1
11-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Stupid doesn't even begin to describe that guy. But what was with the crazy he went towards the end? What was he pointing at?

I'm tired of the father and son centered eps.

Tregard
11-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Wow, I don't think anything will ever top Johns stupidity in that leg. Wow.

Marc
21-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Chuck and Wyona! :worship:

Gotta love the under-dogs.. I want to see Bates and Antony U-Turned, they're going to win this

Tregard
23-03-2013, 01:06 PM
I hope we see the end of Pan & Winnie + Man & Katie soon, they are starting to grate.

Tregard
24-03-2013, 10:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VRb1k3V.jpg

Why hasn't this happened yet?!

(Accept no substitutes, I'm looking at you, "Dropzone".)

starry
27-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Meghan's recaps

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4tOnj-PXDffy_8SOnTyYXCM7kdWsp5YK

Marc
27-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Dull couple of weeks, wish this week had been an elimination week.

Marc
27-03-2013, 09:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VRb1k3V.jpg

Why hasn't this happened yet?!

(Accept no substitutes, I'm looking at you, "Dropzone".)

I'd apply so fast

Tregard
01-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Max & Katie just squeezing through everytime here, most irritating.

Hoping for an improbable Chuck & Wynona win now.

Marc
02-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Best team have been eliminated </3

Bluerang1
02-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Best team have been eliminated </3

This is why I didn't want to get attached to a team. Still rooting for Kax though.

Marc
07-04-2013, 11:11 AM
This is why I didn't want to get attached to a team. Still rooting for Kax though.

I don't like Max, Katie is alright but he seems a bit controlling and doesn't listen to her when he really should.

Roller derby mums and Chuck/Wyona pls

starry
07-04-2013, 03:09 PM
The only team I find much rootable for now is Joey and Meghan. The roller derby mums, country singers and hockey players are quite bland. Chuck is alright but his partner doesn't seem to have much enthusiasm. Max and Katie are generally dislikeable.

Marc
07-04-2013, 03:12 PM
To be honest Bates and Antony will probably win now, the other contestants messed up big time at the Double U-Turn, they really should have chosen these guys. I don't mind them, they seem really decent guys but they're massive threats

Marc
08-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Aw I forgot there wasnt an episode last night :( next week

Tregard
08-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Chuck and Wynona, Joey and Meghan, Mona and Beth final 3.

Believe!

starry
09-04-2013, 09:53 AM
I had no idea there wasn't an episode, I guess I'll have to check the schedules weekly, you can never trust US tv to keep with a show every week.

Marc
09-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Let's hope it's a double ep next week! :amazed:

starry
15-04-2013, 09:52 AM
On The Eigar - Challenge where not only teams can't pass each other but can even be held up by the one in front of them.

Followed by a challenge where team can't pass each other up the hill.

The right team got eliminated in the end anyway as far at being bad racers, though them and Joey/Meghan were really the ony teams left with any character.

On the plus side locations looked great but challenges meant little placement change and teams mainly knew where each team was as there was huge bunching. The cheese task I think is more fun when it is rolling out of control, the climbing up the hill actually looked the best part, shame they had to just go in a line behind each other.

So overall I thought this leg had more promise than it actually delivered, so I wouldn't put it among the best this season, though not among the worst. The Christian theme with the country singers completely abandoned this leg which I think was a plus.

Tregard
15-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Queuing for a Roadblock is by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen on TAR. Especially when you consider the hour gap between trains.

And there were A LOT of trains! Bunch point after bunch point, it's so narrow I'm not surprised Team Hockey are still first, looks like things will be less narrow in Germany, so that's good.

Anyone else think the romance thing between Country and Hockey looks a little forced?

I can't wait for that freakish labyrinth they are having to go through next week!

starry
15-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Romances always seem a bit forced on it, this one isn't really even a romance it's just buddies really. But there's zero chemistry as well, even a similar thing in season 8 was better than this. I suppose it's just something to make them a bit more interesting, race drama is a better way for that but they haven't really been involved in much.

Tregard
01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Belfast leg upcoming woooo!

Marc
06-05-2013, 09:31 PM
SUCH A DULL OUTCOME.

Sick of these dumb players not U-Turning the obvious choices when they have the opportunity.

Bates and Antony COULD have been eliminated had if Max and Katie U-Turned them.

Tregard
06-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Pretty boring finale, there was no tension whatsoever.

Plus, them playing Celtic music over the Red Hand of Ulster was an hilariously huge faux pas. The entire Belfast leg was a smidge disappointing. I dunno, maybe I was just peeved Max & Katie kept doing so well :/

Marc
06-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Max is a massive knob

Bluerang1
08-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Horrid ending. Wasn't even suspenseful. And Max got screwed over.

starry
01-06-2013, 12:39 PM
SUCH A DULL OUTCOME.

Sick of these dumb players not U-Turning the obvious choices when they have the opportunity.

Bates and Antony COULD have been eliminated had if Max and Katie U-Turned them.

It's the alliance sickness that has hit the race recently, it just seems to have got worse in the last two seasons.

Macie Lightfoot
01-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Alliances have been around since the very beginning, but I know you're still bitter about the double U-turn from last season so I'll let you keep harping on about it.

Calderyon
10-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Was very happy about the winners, one of my favorites. Liked the fact that Max and Katie finished second, liked them somewhat too.

Disliked the alliance oddly through and through and was happy to see them all lose (even though i understand the reasoning). Liked when both teams remaining of the alliance were u-turned making it a battle for elimination between the two, although it was probably unnecessary due to them being so behind of the first three. "Laughed" when John and Jessica went out with the Express pass in their pocket.

Favorites:

Pamela & Winnie
Caroline and Jennifer
Anthony and Jonathan
Max and Katherine

Somewhat liked:

Connor and Dave
Chuck and Wynona

Wasnīt fond of but tolerated more than the last two:

Beth and Mona

Didnīt like:

Meghan and Joey
John and Jessica

Firefighters and the Twin brothers donīt deserve a ranking.