PDA

View Full Version : Jim "Brian Dowling's a shirtlifter" Davidson, Gillian Taylforth sign up?

Matt
19-12-2012, 11:47 PM
LOUDMOUTH comic Jim Davidson has been signed up for Celebrity Big Brother — despite his infamous anti-gay rant against host Brian Dowling.

The Seventies stand-up reduced Irishman Brian to tears by calling him a “shirt-lifter” and a “********** disgrace” when they were both contestants on Hell’s Kitchen in 2007.

ITV threw him off the reality show after scores of complaints from viewers.

An insider said: “Jim often says what he thinks, even if his views are at odds with most people.

“He got himself into a lot of trouble when he was on Hell’s Kitchen with Brian but hopefully he will be on better behaviour with him this time. It’s true to say there is no love lost between the pair of them but Brian is a professional and this is part of his job.”

Brian will have to interview Jim as he enters and leaves the Big Brother house in the Channel 5 series kicking off on January 3.

They have not spoken properly since the storm.

Immediately after he was kicked off Hell’s Kitchen, Jim sent a letter to Brian and the other contestants, apologetically admitting he was a “non-PC fossil”. But Brian tore it up.

Bosses hope his blunt talking will set off fireworks with his fellow housemates. They will include ex-EastEnder Gillian Taylforth, TV Biz can reveal.

She played Kathy Beale on the soap for 15 years before going on to star in Footballers’ Wives.

Gillian has been keen to reinvent herself since splitting from her partner of 23 years, businessman Geoff Knights, in 2009.

She said: “When I became single it gave me the push to start looking after my body.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4706365/bb-afraid.html

Black Dagger
19-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah, something tells me that isn't happening.

He's a 'proud' homophobe who has never made up with Brian since Hells Kitchen.

King Gizzard
19-12-2012, 11:51 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqezyzNFNL1qd1jdy.gif

Black Dagger
19-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Oh I didn't know he tried to apologise, he's still a knob, although he could be good TV.

Rob!
19-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Haha - I hope he does. Watching Brian attempt to deal with that would be hilarious. :D

Mrluvaluva
20-12-2012, 12:01 AM
The only thing I have seen Gillian do recently is a promo for a This Morning competition. She's getting herself back out there..

Marsh.
20-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Is this their way of trying to get Brian to quit? :D

They don't have the heart to sack him.

Tregard
20-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Davison is one of the few people that would make me not watch should he be involved

DigitalSid
20-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Is this their way of trying to get Brian to quit? :D

They don't have the heart to sack him.

ROFL :D

Kizzy
20-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Urgh! why are people like this still allowed on TV, is it the 80's?

*mazedsalv**
20-12-2012, 02:05 AM
IMO he is a disgusting man, but I want him in just to see him get pelted by eggs on entrance and exit.

Loukas
20-12-2012, 02:09 AM
yey and Kathy Mitchell

http://www.harleystreetskincare.co.uk/vshop/images/celebrities/gillian_taylforth_extended.jpg

*mazedsalv**
20-12-2012, 02:11 AM
I can see Gillian on there. I hear Meatloaf is touring in April, so makes sense if he's going in.

Petershaw1984
20-12-2012, 07:56 AM
yey and Kathy Mitchell

http://www.harleystreetskincare.co.uk/vshop/images/celebrities/gillian_taylforth_extended.jpg

Forget battered shakira more like battered kesha

Jordan.
20-12-2012, 09:04 AM
No to both

Shaun
20-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Would not watch if he went in. Disgusting, tedious, angry and horrible old racist and homophobe. He once proposed to my aunt. She laughed at him and said no <3

-goes to get her an extra christmas present-

daniel-lewis-1985
20-12-2012, 09:41 AM
I honestly think Brian over reacted on Hells Kitchen.

Yes hes very un pc but so ****ing what, i for one think he would be a great housemate.

Really controvercial.

chuff me dizzy
20-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I like Gillian, and Jim Davidson could rattle some folks ,but not a fan

Shaun
20-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Calling a gay man a shirtlifter isn't "controversy" for the lols, it's homophobia. But I'm not really surprised you think he'd be great, Daniel...

Bojangles
26-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Brian is so openly camp so what's wrong with being called a shirt lifter.I would have thought he' have come back at Jim with a witty camp remark.Hey Ho it wasn't to be.Pete Burns would have given as good as he got.

Vanessa
26-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Brian is so openly camp so what's wrong with being called a shirt lifter.I would have thought he' have come back at Jim with a witty camp remark.Hey Ho it wasn't to be.Pete Burns would have given as good as he got.

I think he means it in an offensive way. I hate homophobic people. :nono:

dizzy bint
27-12-2012, 10:43 AM

So did Brian earlier in the show, a week and a half of 16 hour working days trying to cook for a restaurant full of people, not a skill either have any talent for, had made the pair of them very tired.

CharlieO
27-12-2012, 10:48 AM
he sounds good i like it

Shaun
27-12-2012, 11:00 AM

isn't it annoying when dem homos don't conform to your crudely drawn stereotypes?

Jake.
27-12-2012, 11:16 AM
isn't it annoying when dem homos don't conform to your crudely drawn stereotypes?

I agree with the poster. Brian would normally say something witty back.

smeagol
27-12-2012, 12:19 PM
jim should be fun. people are far too precious over silly words.