PDA

View Full Version : UNREALISTIC Expectations

elliebrew
03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
THE SINGLE most annoying statement in the world on here

'I was expecting'

Clearly expectation ruin peoples enjoyment of a show!

And i put that down to the internet

The internet has given a voice to the vocal minority like nothing before it. The internet has also spoiled people when it comes to TV and FILM. Back before, what? the mid to late 90s the only way tv fans could really get info about movies is from TV magazines and such. We didn't have a constant stream of info about TV like we do now. Now we know a shows writer before it begins filming, we follow production blogs, pictures, viral campaigns, and every other nugget of info months and YEARS before a film comes out.
It's not about not being able to dislike a show or being easily pleased. It's about the abundance of info creating unrealistic expectations. It seems that TV fans don't want to enjoy shows anymore. They would rather pick them apart and proclaim DOOM for damn near everything before a single frame has been seen. Nobody seems to just be genuinely interested anymore. There is always some snide remark about the writer, director, actor etc...nowadays we all just decide we want to hate a show months/years before it's released. It's a sad state of affairs.

So the only one to blame if your disappointed is yourself! For expecting the impossible

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-01-2013, 01:42 PM
http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/signaturepics/sigpic7763_23.gif

armand.kay
03-01-2013, 01:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Bqvuf.png

Raph
http://25.media.tumblr.com/957ceffdd1abfa43eeb5b4a662306329/tumblr_mg0w55b3ND1qcwgrvo1_500.gif

Petershaw1984
I blame you elliebrew

MeMyselfAndI
03-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I didn't know you were a boy Elliebrew:)

daniel-lewis-1985
03-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Says you?!

You were the one who stated they had probably done a low budget advertising campaign due to them spending all their money on A List celebs.

Pot, kettle, black?

elliebrew
03-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Says you?!

You were the one who stated they had probably done a low budget advertising campaign due to them spending all their money on A List celebs.

Pot, kettle, black?

See the difference between me and you is

YOU expect certain names, you EXPECT a big glitzy campaign, EXPECT a completely overhauled CBB house

You leave no room to speculate

I speculate and theorise!

daniel-lewis-1985
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM
See the difference between me and you is

YOU expect certain names, you EXPECT a big glitzy campaign, EXPECT a completely overhauled CBB house

You leave no room to speculate

I speculate and theorise!

No you said you you have worked in advertising for 4 years and it was Big Brothers ploy to advertise via word of mouth as the celebs going in were so big that people will talk so no ad campaign was needed even saying the ratings could jump up to 6 million viewers lol.

Now you're making a thread about people having to high expectations.

Just hypocritical.

jackc1806
03-01-2013, 02:05 PM
No you said you you have worked in advertising for 4 years and it was Big Brothers ploy to advertise via word of mouth as the celebs going in were so big that people will talk so no ad campaign was needed even saying the ratings could jump up to 6 million viewers lol.

Just hypocritical.

This.

armand.kay
03-01-2013, 02:08 PM
People moaning about moaning http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ed2305b7.png

elliebrew
03-01-2013, 02:09 PM

Just hypocritical.

I think you'll find I said IF any big name celebs go in THEN this is potentially what there doing

How the hell is me discussing marketing tactics got anything to do with unrealistic expectations

It seems this forum will find any window of opportunity to bash and scold me and destroy my threads with petty insults

Noone is constructive here anymore

Cherie
03-01-2013, 02:14 PM
I think you'll find I said IF any big name celebs go in THEN this is potentially what there doing

How the hell is me discussing marketing tactics got anything to do with unrealistic expectations

It seems this forum will find any window of opportunity to bash and scold me and destroy my threads with petty insults

Noone is constructive here anymore

Aw Ellie, I always read your posts with interest. I do think you are right in that there is an "unhealthily" high level of expectation of CBB and BB, considering IAC trots out the same trials year in year out and nobody bats an eyelid, the BB production team seem at times to be constantly battered for trying something new, not trying hard enough, rehashing tasks, some of which are so brilliant imo they should not be consigned to BB history and deserve a second/third/fourth airing. I'm just looking forward to the new series, I haven't followed half the stuff about who is going in as it is nice to be surprised on the night, and after last CBB when Prince Lorenzo who I had never heard of before (or since) became a firm favourite of mine, I don't really care who is in or out.

Tregard
03-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Evolution of the media causing issues with a 13 year old show?

You don't say.

Petershaw1984
03-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Tut tut tut

Petershaw1984
03-01-2013, 02:21 PM
????