PDA

View Full Version : could you kill?

Petershaw1984
17-01-2013, 08:51 PM
simple question, could you and would you kill.

i could and would. if anyone hurt my loved ones i woukd kill.

the truth
17-01-2013, 08:53 PM
it depends on the exact details and extremities of the situation....|Im a pacifist ive never hit anyone in my life...I deplore violence hate all weaponry too...

King Gizzard
17-01-2013, 08:56 PM
No and no

it's never the answer

Livia
17-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Yes. There are some dispicable people on this earth who frankly don't deserve to breathe the same air as decent people.

Jesus.
17-01-2013, 09:00 PM
I would definitely take someone on in a thumb war, but Nathan is correct.

Redway
17-01-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm not a pacifist but killing is always wrong. So no.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
17-01-2013, 09:03 PM
never

Kazanne
17-01-2013, 09:03 PM
If someone touched my kids then yes

Drew.
17-01-2013, 09:05 PM
if there's ever a situation that means it would need to be done to save a family member then it would be my natural instinct at the time, the thought of it is horrible

Novo
17-01-2013, 09:06 PM
No not in any normal enviroment but let's say in an near enough impossible extreme condition like a another world war broke out and people were needed to join the army then yes but that would obviously be a position where your doing it to save your own life as well , i would probably try and make a run for it first though :pipe:

Petershaw1984
17-01-2013, 09:09 PM
If someone touched my kids then yes

it just doesnt bare thinking about. but i 100% agree kazanne

Jamie585
17-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Yeah Probably.. if their a complete *****

Like all those Asian men who raped those young girls.. i would torture them first.

reece(:
17-01-2013, 09:17 PM
if i was in the hunger games i'd kill like a crazy so and so.

Petershaw1984
17-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah Probably.. if their a complete *****

Like all those Asian men who raped those young girls.. i would torture them first.

those asian scummy bastards are the reason i started this thread. i cant imagine what those girls parents are going through knowing that they could have stopped this

Apple202
17-01-2013, 09:31 PM
if i was in the hunger games i'd kill like a crazy so and so.

[2].

GypsyGoth
17-01-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm sure if I was in a situation where I was in mortal danger, I would fight to survive, although I think I would still have reservations about killing my attacker.

I think I would like to get through this life without being responsible for someone's death, even if they are an evil person.

Ninastar
17-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah if someone was trying to hurt my kids/children I was looking after or people in my family, I'd go ape****. Although I'm not sure I'd kill the person, I just do as much damage as possible to stop them from hurting us.

Doogle
17-01-2013, 09:58 PM
I'll kill you all and not feel bad

thesheriff443
17-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I'll kill you all and not feel bad

you do that with every post:xyxwave::joker:

Doogle
17-01-2013, 10:00 PM
you do that with every post:xyxwave::joker:
Thank you! :D / excuse me?!?! :mad:

(not sure if it was a compliment or insult)

armand.kay
17-01-2013, 10:07 PM
No because I have no right in taking someone's life no matter what they've done :idc:

InOne
17-01-2013, 10:09 PM
If the situation came to it I could probably kill someone with a gun. Not with a knife or any other way though, too personal.

Kizzy
17-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Just close the thread, what a question! are we going backwards as a civilization? ...jeeze

armand.kay
17-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I would give my opinion on the issue but I don't want to be told Im jumping on a 'bandwagon'.... :rolleyes:

thesheriff443
17-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Just close the thread, what a question! are we going backwards as a civilization? ...jeeze

well,kizzy our civilization kills every day with abortion's,so you cant have the thread closed.

Petershaw1984
17-01-2013, 10:20 PM
kizzy. i really like you as a poster, but just because you dont like a question doesnt mean we can close a thread.

i ask you directly though, if someone hurt a loved one of yours and you were in the situation that meant a loved one was gunna be hurt or be killed, what woukd you do?

Petershaw1984
17-01-2013, 10:20 PM
kizzy. i really like you as a poster, but just because you dont like a question doesnt mean we can close a thread.

i ask you directly though, if someone hurt a loved one of yours and you were in the situation that meant a loved one was gunna be hurt or be killed, what woukd you do?

Apple202
17-01-2013, 10:25 PM
idk if i could stab someone though or like chop there head off (think of a hunger games situation here), that'd just feel really weird and horrible. i could bludgeon or shoot somebody in hg but not anything to do with sharp knives idt

Kizzy
17-01-2013, 10:25 PM
For a second it looked like it might descend into anarchy :)
No, I couldn't, i'm not a vigilante.

Petershaw1984
17-01-2013, 10:30 PM
For a second it looked like it might descend into anarchy :)
No, I couldn't, i'm not a vigilante.

thankyou for answering.

Doogle
17-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Kill the pig. Cut her throat. Spill her blood.

Kizzy
17-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Kill the pig. Cut her throat. Spill her blood.

You better know yourself if you're talking about me little boy.... :idc:

Doogle
17-01-2013, 10:52 PM
You better know yourself if you're talking about me little boy.... :idc:

I was quoting Lord of the Flies of course. I would never do such a thing to someone as lovely as you

joeysteele
17-01-2013, 10:55 PM
I guess in self defence to save my life or someone very close to me, or in fact if it was the only way to save someone whether I knew then or not,I could likely do so.
I wouldn't want to have to be in that situation but if someone was clearly going to kill me then no way could I not try to save myself.

joeysteele
17-01-2013, 10:55 PM
duplicated post somehow.

Kazanne
17-01-2013, 10:57 PM
I think anyone would kill if it was to survive or have a family member survive.

thesheriff443
17-01-2013, 10:59 PM
I think anyone would kill if it was to survive or have a family member survive.

what even a vegaterian?:joker:

Mystic Mock
17-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Anyone can kill if you piss the person off enough.

So to answer the question yes I could kill, especially if someone done anything to my friends or family.

Kazanne
17-01-2013, 11:00 PM
what even a vegaterian?:joker:

Aw,nice one sheriff,I'de never kill an animal:joker:they are so much better than most people

Kizzy
17-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I was quoting Lord of the Flies of course. I would never do such a thing to someone as lovely as you

There are no girls in that as I recall. :suspect:

thesheriff443
17-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Aw,nice one sheriff,I'de never kill an animal:joker:they are so much better than most people

very true.

Shaun
17-01-2013, 11:08 PM
could yes
would no

Doogle
17-01-2013, 11:08 PM
There are no girls in that as I recall. :suspect:

The "pig" they're referring to is actually a pig. And the use of female rather than male symbolises rape to an extent.

Kizzy
17-01-2013, 11:32 PM
The "pig" they're referring to is actually a pig. And the use of female rather than male symbolises rape to an extent.

Are you calling me a pig now?
are you calling my mum a wino?
Pighunter! :joker:

Ramsay
17-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Yes i would have no problem if it were a life or death situation

Shasown
17-01-2013, 11:45 PM
simple question, could you and would you kill.

i could and would. if anyone hurt my loved ones i woukd kill.

Could I - Yes

Would I - Yes

It's living with it afterwards people have the most problems with.

Jords
18-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Cant say Id ever wake up one day with a little bit or murder on my mind.

SharkAttack
18-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Tie them up and make them watch BB with me. Force them to call long-distance to get those votes in! Probably give them **** rations too. ;)

More seriously, we're civilized mammals with the ability to discern right from wrong. Killing isn't civilized, it's more in the realm of animals, and wartime. We might fight or cower, depending on the circumstance. I'd like to think I could defend my family if events went that far, and I'd like to think I could spare someone if it wasn't wholly necessary.

I don't believe anyone can answer this question honestly until they've been placed in a horrible situation. And let's hope we never find that out.

Kizzy
18-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Tie them up and make them watch BB with me. Force them to call long-distance to get those votes in! Probably give them **** rations too. ;)

More seriously, we're civilized mammals with the ability to discern right from wrong. Killing isn't civilized, it's more in the realm of animals, and wartime. We might fight or cower, depending on the circumstance. I'd like to think I could defend my family if events went that far, and I'd like to think I could spare someone if it wasn't wholly necessary.

I don't believe anyone can answer this question honestly until they've been placed in a horrible situation. And let's hope we never find that out.

Great point!
Fight or flight is a reflex action, I don't believe it's possible anyone would have a clue what they would do.
In a survival situation it wouldn't be a conscious decision.

Jesus.
18-01-2013, 10:19 AM
I could crush a dirty Jew.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
18-01-2013, 10:20 AM

:worship:

Jake.
18-01-2013, 10:21 AM
if there's ever a situation that means it would need to be done to save a family member then it would be my natural instinct at the time, the thought of it is horrible

This, although I don't know if I would actually have the mind to do it there and then

Livia
18-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I would be interested to know whether people's ideals might be changed if someone close to them was killed through the violent actions of another. And at the same time, I hope no one on here is ever in the position to know for sure.

AnnieK
18-01-2013, 10:34 AM
I struggle to kill insects let alone people BUT I guess if it was a choice between a stranger and my son then I hope I could, but would rather lay my own life on the line and save him, but I just hope I never have to face that situation and test what I would do

Jesus.
18-01-2013, 10:36 AM
I would be interested to know whether people's ideals might be changed if someone close to them was killed through the violent actions of another. And at the same time, I hope no one on here is ever in the position to know for sure.

No. I would never undertake killing as an act of revenge. The only situation I could envisage killing someone (apart from my tours in 'nam), is if someone broke into my family home and threatened my future wife/children, and it turned into self defence/protection.

Killing for revenge is barbaric and unsatisfying.

Livia
18-01-2013, 10:37 AM
No. I would never undertake killing as an act of revenge. The only situation I could envisage killing someone (apart from my tours in 'nam), is if someone broke into my family home and threatened my future wife/children, and it turned into self defence/protection.

Killing for revenge is barbaric and unsatisfying.

Have you ever lost someone through the violent act of another person?

Jesus.
18-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I struggle to kill insects let alone people BUT I guess if it was a choice between a stranger and my son then I hope I could, but would rather lay my own life on the line and save him, but I just hope I never have to face that situation and test what I would do

I'm exactly the same. Everything gets caught and put outside. I had mice in an old shared house I lived in, so I set up traps to catch them, then I drove about 10 miles away to set them free in a field.

Jesus.
18-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Have you ever lost someone through the violent act of another person?

No I haven't. Whilst desire for revenge is understandable, the act itself doesn't actually achieve anything, and only regresses us as a species.

Livia
18-01-2013, 10:50 AM
No I haven't. Whilst desire for revenge is understandable, the act itself doesn't actually achieve anything, and only regresses us as a species.

Well, a year and a half ago I might have agreed with you. The people I refer to are walking around this world, living their life, having children, suiting themselves... and if I had the chance I would rip out their hearts with my bare hands for what they took from me. If that regresses me as a member of the human race in some people's eyes, then I can live with that. I hope those people can continue to feel morally superior and never get the chance to find out how they would react in my position.

And actually, I don't kill insects or animals either.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
18-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Well, a year and a half ago I might have agreed with you. The people I refer to are walking around this world, living their life, having children, suiting themselves... and if I had the chance I would rip out their hearts with my bare hands for what they took from me. If that regresses me as a member of the human race in some people's eyes, then I can live with that. I hope those people can continue to feel morally superior and never get the chance to find out how they would react in my position.

:sad:

Livia
18-01-2013, 10:54 AM
:sad:

Turn that frown upside down immediately! x

Jake.
18-01-2013, 10:56 AM

:(

AnnieK
18-01-2013, 10:57 AM

I do feel with hypothetical questions such as these you can't ever truly answer until you are in the situation in question and I would never judge another person's viewpoint when I can not put myself in that situation.

Livia
18-01-2013, 11:01 AM
I was answering this from my own viewpoint... don't make with the sad faces, I have decided I'm not going to kill anyone on here! x

Jesus.
18-01-2013, 11:05 AM

I could never challenge your personal reality, and I'm talking in general terms. It's not about feeling morally superior to anyone else, but looking at the bigger picture, as my life experiences thus far have allowed me to.

Revenge killing is still barbaric, but I can understand your desire for revenge.

Livia
18-01-2013, 11:20 AM
I could never challenge your personal reality, and I'm talking in general terms. It's not about feeling morally superior to anyone else, but looking at the bigger picture, as my life experiences thus far have allowed me to.

Revenge killing is still barbaric, but I can understand your desire for revenge.

I wasn't suggesting you, or anyone else on here was feeling morally superior. And having the opinion that revenge killing is barbaric is your right. We're going to have to disagree on yet another topic... or fight to the death, gladiator stylie.

Kazanne
18-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Cant say Id ever wake up one day with a little bit or murder on my mind.

I dont think any of us do.

Marcus.
18-01-2013, 12:23 PM
i would never to that

Tom4784
18-01-2013, 12:24 PM
No, I couldn't knowingly kill someone.

the truth
18-01-2013, 01:11 PM

what happened?

Kazanne
18-01-2013, 01:18 PM
I agree with Livia on this I have had people murdered in our family and it's something most people would seek revenge for.

Kizzy
18-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I agree with Livia on this I have had people murdered in our family and it's something most people would seek revenge for.

So truly sorry to hear of such a tragic event in your family kazanne.
I can understand the painful destructive feelings that you would get, my father was mugged a year before his death.... I wanted their heads on a spike believe me!
But In reality, would I be capable of the act? Would another part of me take over in a situation where I had to defend loved ones?
For me it would be impossible to say. I appreciate we can only speak for ourselves though.

Kazanne
18-01-2013, 01:48 PM
So truly sorry to hear of such a tragic event in your family kazanne.
I can understand the painful destructive feelings that you would get, my father was mugged a year before his death.... I wanted their heads on a spike believe me!
But In reality, would I be capable of the act? Would another part of me take over in a situation where I had to defend loved ones?
For me it would be impossible to say. I appreciate we can only speak for ourselves though.

Thankyou Kizzy and although time fades things,those involved live it over and over,and sometimes I have wished the culprits dead,isn't that awful?but that is how I feel,I really try not to but I just know if I came across them I would go for them,whether I would kill them ,I dont now all i know is I would probably give a whoop of delight if I heard of any of them were dead,I just cannot forgive,which is ironic really as I hate cruelty and violence in any shape or form and am quite a peaceful person,I probably haven't worded that too well,but I know you will know what I mean.:hugesmile:

Kizzy
18-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Thankyou Kizzy and although time fades things,those involved live it over and over,and sometimes I have wished the culprits dead,isn't that awful?but that is how I feel,I really try not to but I just know if I came across them I would go for them,whether I would kill them ,I dont now all i know is I would probably give a whoop of delight if I heard of any of them were dead,I just cannot forgive,which is ironic really as I hate cruelty and violence in any shape or form and am quite a peaceful person,I probably haven't worded that too well,but I know you will know what I mean.:hugesmile:

You expressed yourself beautifully kazanne :)
I don't for a second think that your feelings on this come from a bad place far from it.
Speaking personally it's not so much about being avenged, it's a feeling of injustice.
I can totally understand the feeling of relief if you discovered the killer was dead, as it would go some way to restoring the balance.
Anger, frustration and grief when manifested are powerful emotions, we can wish death on those who deserve it, but to act on those feelings ourselves is rare.

Kazanne
18-01-2013, 03:43 PM
You expressed yourself beautifully kazanne :)
I don't for a second think that your feelings on this come from a bad place far from it.
Speaking personally it's not so much about being avenged, it's a feeling of injustice.
I can totally understand the feeling of relief if you discovered the killer was dead, as it would go some way to restoring the balance.
Anger, frustration and grief when manifested are powerful emotions, we can wish death on those who deserve it, but to act on those feelings ourselves is rare.

Thanks for understanding Kizzy,I worry about how I feel myself sometimes:hugesmile:

Petershaw1984
18-01-2013, 05:30 PM
il explain myself a bit better. if someone had hurt my wife or kids then in the spur of the moment i would kill. and by hurt i dont mean fist fights etc i mean horrible horriblethings such as the gang pf men have been doing to those poor girls. that would drive me to murder

Marcus.
18-01-2013, 05:32 PM
il explain myself a bit better. if someone had hurt my wife or kids then in the spur of the moment i would kill. and by hurt i dont mean fist fights etc i mean horrible horriblethings such as the gang pf men have been doing to those poor girls. that would drive me to murder

ok i could not sill

Petershaw1984
18-01-2013, 05:33 PM
im truly sorry to hear that some of our forum members have experienced terrible things in their life, my intention in making this thread was not ment as a way of gloryfying murder it was simply to see if members would be able to kill as an act of revenge in extreme circumstances.

sorry.

Ammi
18-01-2013, 08:54 PM
..this is like one of those hypothetical moral dilemmas because no one can ever know for sure unless they were actually in that situation...we know what we think we would do because we’re rationalising with a calm mind and we believe we know what we're capable of, but it’s not until that mind is thrown into chaos that we would find out how far we would go to protect our own lives or the life of someone we loved..I believe that most people could kill in certain circumstances because it would be an instinct and not a conscious action...if someone was taking the life of a loved one right before their eyes..if there was a loaded gun in their hand and all they had to do was pull a trigger and their loved one would be safe...I couldn’t say that I couldn’t do that, pulling a trigger doesn’t seem like too hard a thing to do, compared to someone extinguishing the life of someone I love dearly...what I don’t know and hope I never will is if I actually would do it.....

Kazanne
18-01-2013, 08:57 PM
im truly sorry to hear that some of our forum members have experienced terrible things in their life, my intention in making this thread was not ment as a way of gloryfying murder it was simply to see if members would be able to kill as an act of revenge in extreme circumstances.

sorry.

Please dont be sorry it was an interesting thread.

Petershaw1984
18-01-2013, 08:59 PM
..this is like one of those hypothetical moral dilemmas because no one can ever know for sure unless they were actually in that situation...we know what we think we would do because we’re rationalising with a calm mind and we believe we know what we're capable of, but it’s not until that mind is thrown into chaos that we would find out how far we would go to protect our own lives or the life of someone we loved..I believe that most people could kill in certain circumstances because it would be an instinct and not a conscious action...if someone was taking the life of a loved one right before their eyes..if there was a loaded gun in their hand and all they had to do was pull a trigger and their loved one would be safe...I couldn’t say that I couldn’t do that, pulling a trigger doesn’t seem like too hard a thing to do, compared to someone extinguishing the life of someone I love dearly...what I don’t know and hope I never will is if I actually would do it.....

winner of the best post ever.

thesheriff443
18-01-2013, 09:03 PM
well,i have shot someone and was arrested for attempted murder,so i know what its like to do what the thread ask's,its not big or clever,you have to live with your action's which is not alway's easy.

AnnieK
18-01-2013, 09:07 PM
well,i have shot someone and was arrested for attempted murder,so i know what its like to do what the thread ask's,its not big or clever,you have to live with your action's which is not alway's easy.

Without prying, did you do it in a situation such as the OP is suggesting?

thesheriff443
18-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Without prying, did you do it in a situation such as the OP is suggesting?

yes it was.

Shasown
18-01-2013, 09:42 PM

Me too, but I was working for her maj on both occassions, kind of a get of jail card, still even the self defence idea doesnt stop the bad dreams or the guilt, but thats modern society conditioning.

Niall
18-01-2013, 09:52 PM
If I was under extreme stress that might cause other people to snap and kill someone else, I think I'd break down and cry or something or just lose my grip on reality instead because I can't even bear the thought of hurting the tiniest animal, so I seriously doubt I could fatally harm another person.

Mystic Mock
22-01-2013, 01:58 AM

sorry.

If the justice system worked better I don't think that I would want to kill the killer/sex offender, but if an injustice happened then I think I would become a vigilante as I would want justice for the person I knew/know, if that makes me a bad person in some people's eyes then fair enough, but I don't think many people would behave differently in those situations imo.