PDA

View Full Version : Class A and probationers

Janette
25-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Who do you think will be the class A student and the three singing for survival this week?

My choices are:-

Class A - Sinead

Probationers - Marli David Malachi

Scotty
25-10-2002, 11:14 PM
Class A - Ainslie, he is by far the most creative and has the most original voice. He has an unique style and is the only student with true star quality.

Probationers - Katie, Nigel & Pippa

Mairi
25-10-2002, 11:17 PM
Ooooooh, Janette, NO WAY will Malachi be on probation next week after his performance tonight. He was STONKING!! He's hopeless at dancing and he's tried SO hard this week to get those steps right, bless him.

Class A student: Malachi (or Sinead)

3 on probation: this is hard but I think I'll go for David, Pippa and Marli.

:dance::dazzler::dance:

susieq
26-10-2002, 12:13 AM
I think the A Grade student should be Sinead.

The three probationers: Nigel, Katie (again - sorry) and Pippa.

Scotty
26-10-2002, 12:21 AM
I suppose I can't argue too much with the above, Sinead is very good too.

finch
26-10-2002, 12:36 AM
Sinead she is the last of the top level.

I think it's already between Marli, Lemar, Ainslie and Sinead.
It will be interesting who gets it after Sinead.

probationers - Pippa, david, Nigel

I don't think Malachi can sing that well

BigSister
26-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Grade A student Ainslie or Sinead cant choose

Probation- Katie (again sorry), David and
Pippa:bawling:

Amy
26-10-2002, 10:10 AM
A grade student = Sinead

Probation = Marli, Malachi and Katie

LEE
26-10-2002, 10:20 AM
Like most of you I would choose either Ainslee or Sinead as Grade A student.

Probationers are more difficult to choose - I would definitely go for Katie and Pippa but I'm not sure about a third. I think I would probably go for Malachi as I don't think he has a very good voice and has never impressed me as much as the others.

I really like Marli and there's no way I think she should be a probationer and I also like Nigel and hope he's not on probation, although I probably think he will be.

:flower:

BusyBee
26-10-2002, 10:41 PM
Grade A student has got to be Sinead = she is fantastic with a wonderful voice

Probationers - Pippa, Marli (she seems to have gone downhill since being voted Grade A student) and either Malachi or Nigel.

Well done Katie for getting through.

peachy
27-10-2002, 11:12 AM
Grade A student = Sinead

Probationers = Nigel (I'm not at all keen, I'm afraid, and he doesn't really fit in)

Katie = although she was a bit better on Friday

and I think it will possibly be Pippa or David, although they could also decide to give Marli a bit of a shock and put her on probation this week.

Romantic Old Bird
27-10-2002, 11:31 AM
I too think it will be Sinead as grade A

I think Malachi will be on probation as he didn't really stand out in that trio, along with Katie (who surely HAS to go) and maybe Marli

bbceleb1
27-10-2002, 07:41 PM
A= Sinead :thumbs:

P= Marli
P=Pippa
P=David
:blush: :laugh::spin2:

Maggie
28-10-2002, 12:07 PM
A = Sinead

P =Marli

P = Katie

P = Malachi

WILDCHILD
28-10-2002, 03:57 PM
I think Sinead will definetely be the A student. As for the probationers - who knows?? I will be interested to find out.:conf:

Janette
28-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Congratulations susieq, you were absolutely correct :hello:

I still think Marli should be on probation and not Nigel, but at least he will get the chance to shine again on Friday night :thumbs:

Amy
28-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Well done to Sinead :thumbs: She deserves to be Grade A student! :hello:
I'm shocked at the three on probation, like you Janette, i thought Marli would be one of them

:wavey:

LEE
28-10-2002, 08:58 PM
I'm not particularly surprised at the probationers.

Katie should have gone by now - how she's managed to survive the last couple of weeks I'm still not sure. Pippa is just not remarkable at all and even though I like Nigel and didn't want him to be on probation, I'm not at all surprised that he is.

I never thought Marli deserved probation.

:flower:

Fyodor
28-10-2002, 09:04 PM
Sinead deserved grade a, and I agree with the students who are on probation. I just hope Nigel goes, he sounds like he is on karoke and his personality is.... annoying.

Janette
28-10-2002, 09:26 PM
The problem with Nigel is that he's never going to be a pop singer, he's rock through and through.

As much as I like him and want him to do well, he shouldn't really be on Fame Academy because all the teachers seem to want is a pop star, and I can't really see Nigel going along with that!

finch
28-10-2002, 09:50 PM
hello that's why it's fame academy not PopIdol or Popstars

kaphc
29-10-2002, 11:52 AM
I think there is room for Nigel with his rock voice - I think the problems have been that his voice is a bit one-dimensional. However, when he sang the soul duet with Camilla a couple of weeks back, he proved that he could adapt to different types of song.

Ainslie is a typical "indie" type singer as well, but he's a bit more adaptable at different types of songs than Nigel.

:dazzler::dazzler:

Maggie
29-10-2002, 04:37 PM
I like a good rock voice, :dazzler: as for Ainslie, I don't think he'd make a popstar either, I do hope Fame is not just about making a popstar, there are some really great singers in the music world, it dos'nt always have to be pop. :dance:

em
29-10-2002, 08:00 PM
theyre not looking specifically for a pop singer. the teachers love Ainslie and Lemar and u could hardly push their voices in to a pop song! thats why they dont sing them.

finch
29-10-2002, 09:16 PM
Even Marli and lemar don;t have straight pop voices

Romantic Old Bird
29-10-2002, 09:40 PM
I know I am likely to be hailed upon by torrents of abuse, but I think Ainslie is working it big time. Angst ridden artiste talking to himself, acting off the wall etc.

Not to say he isn't talented, but he is starting to annoy me a smidgin'.

kaphc
29-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Ainslie's behaviour tonight was a bit werid to say the least!!

It seems like it's starting to hack Nigel off too and I think he has a point. However, the viewing public love a bit of eccentricity so I think it will work in Ainslie's favour.

Kaz
29-10-2002, 10:07 PM
I agree with you, ROB. :love:

I think Ainslie's going a wee bit 'stir crazy' just now, after the pressure of being Grade A student, and also being confined indoors during the recent storms.

However, I think Nigel was right when he said that Ainslie gets away with much more that he does, for whatever reason. And it was really tactless of him to say to David that he would have voted him out on Friday. I know he talked later to Malachi and said he didn't know why he'd said it, and wished he hadn't, but although David took it in good humour it must have hurt him.

Having said all that, I still like Ainslie and think he's got tremendous talent. He just needs to 'cool it' a bit. :dazzler:

Fyodor
30-10-2002, 04:10 PM
Ainslie

Ainslie is a unique, quirky character and is by far the most creative student in the academy. With this creativitiy and quirkiness comes bizarre behaviour/madness. Personally this makes me like him all the more. To me he is the most likely star out of all of the reality/music shows. Apart from his performances the best bit of FA for me so far, has been watching Ainslie deal with the boredom and lack of stimulus. As for his working the bad boy image, I disagree, at this point I feel Ainslie, Sinead, Malachi, Katie and Lemar are the ONLY genuine people in there.

As for Nigel, I think if he had a creative thought he'd feel another headache come on, his brain is just not use to it!

:spin:

BigSister
30-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Ainselle is going crazy lol

Im glad Sinead got grade A

Im surprised at the people on probation though

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Amy
30-10-2002, 04:59 PM
I agree with you about Ainslie ROB even Camilla said yesterday, on the bbc choice programme that, he know's how to play the cameras!

I'm glad Sinead is Grade A she's been singing well!

I'm shocked that Pippa is up on probation, she's improved so much!

Fyodor
30-10-2002, 05:05 PM
I like Pippa, and agree she has improved. But do you not think she just belts a song out without knowing how to use her voice properly? Maybe its just inexperience, but her voice seems so one dimensional.

Romantic Old Bird
30-10-2002, 05:29 PM
I think Pippa's dance movements are lacking fluidity and agree Fyodor that she is just belting it out.

Also, and this is completely illogical, and I can't put my finger on it, but I don't actually LIKE her. Sorry!:blush:

bbceleb1
30-10-2002, 07:54 PM
Hi
Im sooooo glad Sinead is grade A and i love the song "confused" that shes singing :dance::dance: good luck! and also !! i dont want either Katie Pippa or great Nigel to go, but Pippa it has to be, cause Katie is near to wear i live and her maddonna song is brilliant! :wavey:
adam

Janette
30-10-2002, 07:58 PM
I think it's time for Katie to go now. She was very good last Friday but she's been struggling and I heard that she only started practicing her song either last night or today!

If she doesn't go, then it will be Pippa because she shouts when she sings and that sounds a bit grating.

Whatever happens, Nigel will stay. He's the only one of the three who seems to REALLY want to succeed (and he's very cute as well! :love:)

bbceleb1
30-10-2002, 08:03 PM
Hi
Nigel seems to be really down to earrth, in a chat with Carrie this morning he started crying when he was talking about the ring his brother had given him. it proves hes a real nice guy and sooo genuine!@ plz vote Nigel to stay!! :hugesmile: btw have u seen the way Marli and Ainslie are ganging up on Lemar a bit which is way unfair .

Fyodor
30-10-2002, 08:11 PM
Nigel should definately go this week, i can see what Carrie meant when she said he would appeal to a certain type of person. For me personally his voice is the most annoying, cant but my finger on why, but I do now put my finger on the mute button. He is as far as I can see the least genuine student, Mr 'moany' and the only student I dislike. As for his looks errrr, each to their own.

As you can tell I like to sit on the fence

:laugh:

:hugesmile:

Janette
30-10-2002, 08:17 PM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/sammlung/traurig/traurig043.gif

bbceleb1
30-10-2002, 08:46 PM
Hi :shocked:
Noooooooo way!! thats IMO i think hes great and his voice is sooo powerfull!he sooo deserves to win but i can it between him and Lemar

BusyBee
30-10-2002, 09:49 PM
I think the teachers have already made up their mind who is going to win. For instance I didnt think Lemar was very good on Friday, but they were really praising him and as for Marli I thought she was definitely up for probation this week, but as Nigel said they have fallen back on the regulars. Do you think Katie will do a Paul Clarke and beat the eviction again. lol

I dont think so, but I am still biased towards her.

Like many others I think Ainslie is getting too big for his boots and needs bringing down a peg or two. Ainslie you are an unknown singer/songwriter not Robbie Williams. Mind you the head teacher gives the impression that he could get away with anything.

em
30-10-2002, 10:09 PM
i dont mind if either Pippa or Katie go this week, they are the 2 i dislike the most and i dont think they sing particularly well. i am looking forward to seeing Lemar singing with Lionel Richie! i saw a clip earlier on BBC Choice and that was pretty damn good! unfortunately i probably wont see it until Sunday cos im going away.
David really impressed me last night! im glad he proved Carrie wrong about not being boy band material!
and i still love Ainslie! he may be weird but at least he stands out! he kind of reminds me of the way Spanky behaved in BB this year, although Spanky wasnt quite so strange as to start talking to squirrels and such like. although there was Sandy who looked like some sort of gerbil, but anyway, i like his+Malachis sort of double act at the minute! :hugesmile:

finch
30-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Lionel Ritchie was amazing on the fame acadmey today, I watched it non-stop for 3 hours

Mairi
30-10-2002, 10:27 PM
I've been glued to Fame Academy ever since I got home from work tonight. It's been compulsive viewing. Lionel Ritchie was "stonking"!! Can't wait to see Lemar duet with him on Friday.

Oh, and as a big fan of Nigel (as well as Lemar) I really hope he stays this week.

:dance:

Janette
30-10-2002, 10:36 PM
Just one question -

Why is Lemar doing a duet with Lionel Ritchie?

Surely the Class A student should be getting the breaks, not someone who just happens to have a pretty if slightly flat voice!

I'm sorry, but this stinks of favouritism! :mad:

LEE
31-10-2002, 01:42 PM
Lemar is doing the duet with Lionel Richie because Lionel specifically asked for Lemar.

:dazzler:

Fyodor
02-11-2002, 02:47 PM
On Lemar its pretty obvious he has been chosen as the winner already by the 'important people'. Lets just see if the public behave like sheep as usual.

I have just watched last nights show, and I have to admit, Pippa deserved to go. As much as I dislike Nigel he was better then Pippa.

Ainslie and David's duet last night was the highlight for me, David is growing on me all the time!

As for Sinead she is still my second fave, but she disappointed me last night, as did Lemar!

:dazzler:

BusyBee
08-11-2002, 10:43 PM
As a fellow Bristolian I would just like to say

WELL DONE KATIE:thumbs::thumbs:

I thought she did really well tonight. Sang well and gave a good performance. But I bet she's on probation again next week. :nono::nono: Poor girl she deserves a week off. They've tried to get rid of her, but they just cant (to paraphrase something I've heard before). :hugesmile::hugesmile:

And well done to David he was brilliant. Certainly putting the cat amongst the pigeons of all the teachers who have already picked Lemar to win - shades of Pop Idol here.

Mairi
08-11-2002, 10:52 PM
Hi BusyBee. :love:

As another Katie fan I'd also like to add my congratulations on a brilliant performance tonight. She certainly deserved to win the viewers' vote. She sang her little socks off. Bless her heart.

Really pleased that Malachi stayed too as he's a such a sweetie.

David's new song was lovely and I'll certainly buy his album when it comes out. My fingers are crossed now that he and Katie duet next week with the song that they wrote recently. I think it's called "Kiss Your Tears Away".

I also thought Lemar and Nigel shone again tonight. It's going to be so hard to pick anyone to be on probation next week.

:hello::dazzler::hello::dazzler::hello:

em
08-11-2002, 11:41 PM
tonights show was amazing:spin2:! All the students sounded fantastic, some more than others but WOW!!! After the probation performances I realised I actually didn't want any of the 3 to leave! Marli and Katie were the better 2 I thought but Malachi's was entertainment! He really put his personality into his song but i think he'll be on probation! Nigel+Ainslie surprised me tonight, I didn't think they were at all suited to each other voice wise but they were brilliant! Pure class! David, he gave me goosebumps!:thumbs: That song is gorgeous, first time I'd heard it and it was absolutely gorgeous! Deserved his Grade A so much! Sinead and Lemar were the bottom performers for me tonight. I don't wanna say they were the worst because they were still good but their voices are also too different! i didn't think Sinead was that bad, nor Lemar and I don't agree with Carrie and co going on and on about Lemar because again he wasn't the best tonight at all but I have a feeling they are gonna make him Grade A next week, again, because they wanted him GA this week.

My only complaint about tonight, or quiery, is that:-

Did Mariah Carey *MIME*:shocked:???? I know she can sing and she's good but as if she is that good!!!!! That's disgraceful if she did!!! She kept turning her head from the microphone and she seemed so up herself when Cat was interviewing her, was it just me or did Mariah sort of grab Cat's hand or something!! Freaky diva!! don't like her much!!

Wasn't surprised that Katie won the public vote really, she blew me away. But i didn't expect a total whitewash against Marli. Bless Ainslie though, that must have been hard for him.

I wish Marli good luck, she is very talented and while i think she deserved probation because of last weeks performance she did shine and show her true potential tonight. good luck to her!

and for christs sake JUDGES/TEACHERS will u give Patrick a straight answer for once!!!! it's doing my head in!!!!

Mairi
09-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by em
Did Mariah Carey *MIME*:shocked:????

I'd put money on it, em.

VERY disappointing. :nono:

susieq
09-11-2002, 12:10 AM
I'm not a big fan of Katie's and thought she has definitely been riding her luck over the last few weeks BUT thought she sang really well tonight with a song I truly loathe. Didn't think she would get the public vote though - that was certainly a surprise.

Thought Malachi was great. The song really suited his voice and you can see he's really listened to what the teachers have been telling him. It was nice to see his lovely smile.

Marli - a good performance from Marli but I didn't think the song was particularly suited to her. She was obviously very nervous and it showed at times but I thought she did really well.

I thought Lemar and Sinead sang a difficult song really well but I'm getting a little bit tired of Lemar's mannerisms and wish he would just SING!!!

David - he was stunning. He's come on leaps and bounds and deserved the praise he got heaped upon him.

I though Ainslie and Nigel had the most difficult task but managed it really well. Thought the song was better suited to Nigel though.

And, I agree, I also thought Mariah was miming - shame on her!!

Romantic Old Bird
09-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Thank goodness Malachi survived.

I was very suspicious of Mariah, I must say, but I didn't see a slip. I strongly disliked her brazen record plug.

What a contrast to the wonderful Mr Richie last week!

Janette
09-11-2002, 12:42 AM
My thoughts on tonight's show:-

David - What a star!!!!!! this guy might not make it as a pop star but he will earn millions as a songwriter, he oozes talent and I'm so glad he got the chance to shine on Fame Academy. Tonight he was superb, lovely song and he did it well. It's not easy to sing while you're playing the piano and you could tell that he wasn't singing as well as he could, but I still thought he was brilliant.

Lemar and Sinead - Will someone please tell Lemar that he looks constipated when he sings!!!!!!! He was good tonight and Sinead obviously struggled to keep her powerful voice quieter to keep in with him. But that doesn't mean she wasn't good, just that she sings better belting the songs out. I still think she'll be a star.

Nigel and Ainslie - They really impressed me tonight. I think they're a terrible pairing and didn't gel at all, but they both worked hard and the song sounded good. Nigel sounded better than Ainslie in my opinion, but Ainslie has got such a wonderful presence that it helps his performance a lot.

Marli - She disappointed me unfortunately. The choice of song really didn't suit her and she struggled to make it her own. Very sexy sassy lady, but she was the right one to go tonight.

Malachi - I love David Gray, and Babylon is a great song. Malachi nearly did it justice but I prefer him singing his ballads. He's got a gorgeous voice and he did his best.

Katie - What a cracker! She was excellent, really shone through a terrible song. Her voice is improving every week and the teachers should acknowledge this and make her Class A, because she has improved so much!

The teachers - They are so obviously biased it's embarrassing to watch now. They want Lemar to win, they want Nigel and Katie out. How they could say Katie was the worst tonight is beyond me. I'm not a major fan of Katie, but her attitude is great and she's improved the most out of all the students, so why is she being put on probation every single week? And why on Earth is Lemar always picked out as the best? His duet with Lionel Richie was average, and he has very little power in his voice, he's very airy, which Carrie said she didn't like. I don't understand why she suddenly loves what she originally said she hated!

I'm tired now, think I'll go for a lie down!

:thumbs:

P.S. Mariah carey did mime! :nono:

blinkinlovely
09-11-2002, 09:20 AM
Agreed!!!

I just did not understand the 'teachers' choices for best and worst. Lemar is average and Katie did well with a truly awful song. She did not deserve the full vote against her and I was pleased she stayed in.

Is it me - or does the 'headteacher' seem to be a bit of a 'hammy' actor?:conf:

BigSister
09-11-2002, 10:18 AM
I did not see this so I cannot give my views

I am glad Katie stayed in though

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

peachy
09-11-2002, 11:22 AM
I'm a big fan of Fame Academy and I was so pleased that Malachi stayed in. I don't think he's going to win but he has the nicest personality and is extremely funny. Those of you who watch it on interactive will know what I mean. Without him the house would be pretty boring. All in all I'm quite taken with FA and I've even considered changing my avatar to Malachi and I might even do it if it wasn't that ROB would KILL me.

As to the rest of the show, sorry Janette but Lemar is consistently good. He picks up a song and instantly makes it his own. He has something special I think. Have you watched the video of him singing which they've put on the video highlights on the interactive menu? It is VERY good.

I love Ainslie too. He is original and producing an individual performance each week. He too is special.

Nigel, I just can't stand I'm afraid. I really dislike his personality and therefore I don't want to watch him singing. A very poor copy of Bryan Adams. Not my cup of tea at all.

Likewise Katie, she is definitely improving and has a lovely voice but she is very irritating to watch. Her constant singing at the top of her voice drives them all mad. She is a selfish little madam and can be extremely whiney. I wish she'd go too.

I really like Sinead. She is a good sport, doesn't get upset and histrionic like Marli and is very amusing to watch especially the flirting between her and Malachi. She plays him very well and is very reminiscent in this of a certain Welsh girl except that Sinead isn't really interested in Malachi but she loves the attention and compliments he gives her.

Finally, David. He's ok. Not really that fussed about him. He's a better than average singer and quite a good songwriter although he thinks he's fantastic.

Those are my views anyway. I'm sure many of you will disagree with me. :xyxwave::xyxwave:

Boris
09-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Saw My 1st bit of FA last night - yes i know I'm always a little behind the times. Anyway Peach thanks for the nudge i will continue to watch and enjoy now.

As,to the 'sing off' last night, my views as a new comer are this.....

Katie - was far and away the best of the probationers last night. Her singing was clear and true and she'connected' with the audience.
Marli - did not sing as well as in earlier rehersals and seemed nervous.
Malachi - although a pleasant personality shone though, his singing was not exceptional and his performance very 'wooden'.
Not having seen the run up I am amazed that Katie has not done better before. I did not watch all of the rest as I was called away !

I will enjoy the rest of the series tho'. SoThanks again Peachy for directiong me to it.:thumbs:

Mairi
09-11-2002, 01:36 PM
This is mainly for those of you currently enjoying Fame Academy without the benefit of having interactive coverage.

Every Saturday morning, the students gather in the lounge, watch a re-run of their singing of the previous night and make criticisms on their own performance and that of each other's.

This morning, it was generally decided that the best performances of the night came from Ainslie and Nigel, closely followed by David.

Katie was praised and both Carrie and Richard said that, if they had seen her sing full on like the audience, rather than from the side, they wouldn't have been as harsh in their criticism which was nice to hear.

Oh and BTW, everyone was in agreement that Mariah Carey deserved to be on probation this week for MIMING.

:laugh::dance::laugh::dance::laugh:

bbceleb1
09-11-2002, 01:40 PM
Hi
Last nights eppisode was brilliant! and im sooooo chuffed that Katie Lives in the academyt again1!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:
Katie your great!
Btw... Has anyone else seen Lemars own music video!!!! :shocked: im going to make a video of it and put it onto the site soon! :spin:

em
09-11-2002, 02:50 PM
is it just me who shouts at the telly when the teachers criticise Katie. Im not a huge fan of her but my gob was on the floor during her song!!!:hugesmile: i shouted at Carrie so its nice to see that the teachers praised her this morning then. hope they show that during the week!

finch
09-11-2002, 11:21 PM
yes you are:spin::spin:

I thought Lemar and Sinead were Brill