PDA

View Full Version : My crazy airtime deal/what's the most U ever spent PAYG in a month?

Claymores
31-01-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm an uber low mobile user [read oldie] with no wish for a smartphone (I'm by no means a technophobe - my i7 17" gaming laptop is quite uber too with the 3 gig graphics card).. ...Calls and the odd text does me fine with my mobile, and I keep my traffic on the laptops for other things, use the work phone, broadband and free landline calls.

My existing 'contract' was a £1 a month one which gave me 25 mins airtime and 50 texts on a 1 month rolling contract. Talk about a cheapskate! But I have often exceeded 25 mins per month and been charged a pricely premium

Anyway, I spotted a deal via HUKD site on Orange which if I signed-up with Orange and the cashback eventually followed through would mean 150 mins plus texts for the net total of £2 a month on a fresh 12 month contract (gross cost £7 per month dolphin)

So I called Talkmobile to ask for my PAC code/sort out the ending of the £1 direct debit. The nice gentleman said he could offer me an inducement to stay with them.

So my new 1 month rolling contract is 175 minutes and 1000 texts for £1 a month. No need to change provider, worry of differing direct debits, waiting for cashback, etc!

Sorry to bore you with this but it amuses me! When I think of the 1990s how hellishly much I used to spend on the mobi!

Tell me some funny horror stories!!!!!!! :joker:

Joseline
31-01-2013, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't know, my daddies pay my bills.

Claymores
31-01-2013, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't know, my daddies pay my bills.

How many sugar daddies you got?

Me. I Am Salman
31-01-2013, 09:13 PM
ok

Jake.
31-01-2013, 09:15 PM
That's so bloody cheap :laugh:

Joseline
31-01-2013, 09:27 PM
How many sugar daddies you got?

Enough to live this life of luxury. To be honest, any more, and I'd be raw.

Claymores
31-01-2013, 09:29 PM
That's so bloody cheap :laugh:

i know - so uber cheap I thought I'd be amazed. If mummy & daddy pay your bills it's probably "ok".

In the 90s I was paying £50 a month on average for a phone which weighed the same as a house brick - then got hospitalised and on diamorphine, so when I phoned, 1 hour seemed like 5 minutes and my post-op bill was £346 that month!!!!!!

Jake.
31-01-2013, 09:31 PM
i know - so uber cheap I thought I'd be amazed. If mummy & daddy pay your bills it's probably "ok".

In the 90s I was paying £50 a month on average for a phone which weighed the same as a house brick - then got hospitalised and on diamorphine, so when I phoned, 1 hour seemed like 5 minutes and my post-op bill was £346 that month!!!!!!

:shocked: