View Full Version : Is Bale the greatest brit ever?

the truth
07-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Last years players player of the year in the prem is getting better

Believe it or not the man valued at over £50 million is still on 23 years old
hes already played 262 first class games of football and 57 career goals, most of which are spectacular....not bad for a left back

hes scored his 10th international goal last night and I witnessed his performance and it was the single best Ive ever seen in a welsh shirt.

Ive never seen a welsh perhaps even british player (with the exception of george best)who has everything, hes lightning fast, 2 footed, immensely powerful, he can dribble past people, great in the air, hes amazing in the year, has phenomenal close control, world class free kicks and regularly scores goals from long range, in fact every goal is spectacular.

and hes getting better and better

is he the best? when will he leave spurs and where to?

if u think im exagerating check this out for starters ....he makes the great rio ferdinand look like a pub player...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P3ZUa5ombc

Brother Leon
07-02-2013, 06:46 PM
:joker:

Legend killer
07-02-2013, 06:48 PM
http://www.redvibs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/rafeal1.jpg

Making Bale look like a pub player since 2010

the truth
07-02-2013, 06:57 PM
neither reply makes any sense

MTVN
07-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Of course not :joker:

Locke.
07-02-2013, 07:02 PM
The most overrated man in football is still serving up the goods I see

Drew.
07-02-2013, 07:20 PM
at the age of 23 i dont think its possible to class any player as the greatest in a certain category.. we'll see in the next few years, he's still going to improve

the truth
07-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Of course not :joker:

whos better

Brother Leon
07-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Not even the best brit currently never mind the GOAT.

MTVN
07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
whos better

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/04/article-0-047C150B0000044D-689_468x589.jpg

MTVN
07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Amongst many, many, many others

Legend killer
07-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Bale is just about better then Ashley Young FFS which considering I would not start Young in his own testimonial game say's it all really

Locke.
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
:joker:

King Gizzard
07-02-2013, 08:36 PM
in my lifetime, Scholes

and Bale plays winger not LB

the truth
07-02-2013, 09:32 PM
in my lifetime, Scholes

and Bale plays winger not LB

he plays both....dalglish was better than scholes, so was giggs.

the truth
07-02-2013, 09:33 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/04/article-0-047C150B0000044D-689_468x589.jpg

bale is a far far more talented player than the great bobby moore who was a very good defender and a legendary leader, but nowhere near as talented

the truth
07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Bale is just about better then Ashley Young FFS which considering I would not start Young in his own testimonial game say's it all really

utter bunkum...thats why hes worth £50 million:joker:

Brother Leon
07-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Bale isn't even the greatest Welshman of our time. Giggs says hi.

King Gizzard
07-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Just the way Scholes has gone about his career with no real controversy whatsoever, even coming back after retiring for a bit and still being great, pure role model, puts him ahead of any of them for me

King Gizzard
07-02-2013, 09:41 PM
and as I said, in my lifetime, so I didn't witness Dalglish etc

Shaun
07-02-2013, 09:41 PM
not even the greatest British 'Bale' (Christian >)

the truth
07-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Just the way Scholes has gone about his career with no real controversy whatsoever, even coming back after retiring for a bit and still being great, pure role model, puts him ahead of any of them for me

scholes is a legend dont get me wrong, but hes behind giggs overall....giggs has nearly 300 more games and more trophies, hes also created more goals.

MTVN
07-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Scholes :joker:

the truth
07-02-2013, 10:10 PM
and as I said, in my lifetime, so I didn't witness Dalglish etc

he only retired 22 years ago, how old are you then? Im talking about greatest brits ever, as the photo of the great bobby moore underlines...others who are in the frame include, jimmy greaves, bobby charlton, best, john charles,dixie dean, law, mathews, scholes, giggs and dalglish. I wonder of any of them were better than bale when they were 23?

the truth
07-02-2013, 10:13 PM
not even the greatest British 'Bale' (Christian >)

fantastic thespian, not so fantastic footballer

Drew.
07-02-2013, 10:17 PM
scholes is a legend dont get me wrong, but hes behind giggs overall....giggs has nearly 300 more games and more trophies, hes also created more goals.

your comparing whos greater out of these two by their stats, so i think its wayyy to early to try and compare or class Bale as the greatest.. By the time he's 30 we will probably be looking at one of the greatest if he gets a big move and continues to improve.

Scholes or Shearer for me..260 premier league goals

MTVN
07-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah was thinking Shearer for this generation

the truth
07-02-2013, 10:27 PM
your comparing whos greater out of these two by their stats, so i think its wayyy to early to try and compare or class Bale as the greatest.. By the time he's 30 we will probably be looking at one of the greatest if he gets a big move and continues to improve.

Scholes or Shearer for me..260 premier league goals

again great players, but if you want to go just on goals then dixie dean, rush, and greaves are all ahead of shearer....as for scholes, I love him to bits, hes a genius, but imho its just not possible to put him ahead of giggs, whos played 100s more games, scored more goals, created more goals, won a lot more trophies too

the truth
07-02-2013, 10:30 PM
rooney too is already one of the greats too

Legend killer
07-02-2013, 10:32 PM
OP made sure this man could not be included in the discussion

http://topnews.in/sports/files/Roy-Keane-11.jpg

Very smart Op no one named in this thread to date could lace his boots if he was English England would have won a major competition outside 66

Drew.
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM
again great players, but if you want to go just on goals then dixie dean, rush, and greaves are all ahead of shearer....as for scholes, I love him to bits, hes a genius, but imho its just not possible to put him ahead of giggs, whos played 100s more games, scored more goals, created more goals, won a lot more trophies too

i wasnt around when that list were playing so i had to go with Shearer. Its quite hard trying to choose who i prefer out of Scholes and Giggsy but your right stat wise Giggs comes out on top but from watching games and who catches the eye Scholes entertains me and impresses me more with things he does, thats probably why i prefer him

the truth
07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
OP made sure this man could not be included in the discussion

http://topnews.in/sports/files/Roy-Keane-11.jpg

Very smart Op no one named in this thread to date could lace his boots if he was English England would have won a major competition outside 66

great player but nowhere near the greatest, even keane himself would admit that

the truth
07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
i wasnt around when that list were playing so i had to go with Shearer. Its quite hard trying to choose who i prefer out of Scholes and Giggsy but your right stat wise Giggs comes out on top but from watching games and who catches the eye Scholes entertains me and impresses me more with things he does, thats probably why i prefer him

fair enough youre entitled to your opinion

Legend killer
07-02-2013, 10:50 PM
great player but nowhere near the greatest, even keane himself would admit that

DESTROYED PRIME Zidane (GREATEST CM ever top 10 player all time) and PRIME Vieira (Top 10 greatest players ever to play in the prem)

Single handily saw off the greatest Arsenal team to ever be made

No better big game player in the modern era

Please tell me why he has no case to be the greatest??? Would you view be different if he had a more exotic name like Roydinio and played for a top footballing nation

the truth
07-02-2013, 11:16 PM
DESTROYED PRIME Zidane (GREATEST CM ever top 10 player all time) and PRIME Vieira (Top 10 greatest players ever to play in the prem)

Single handily saw off the greatest Arsenal team to ever be made

No better big game player in the modern era

Please tell me why he has no case to be the greatest??? Would you view be different if he had a more exotic name like Roydinio and played for a top footballing nation

well he only scored 75 goals in his whole career for starters , a very low figure for any allegedly world class midfielder, he lacked pace, he had no dribbling ability, he was one footed too...keane was an enforcer , a very strong industrious player, although sometimes play thuggish as when he deliberately went out to break a players legs with one of the worst challenge in football history,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

he then showed off about it to try and sell his autobiography, it was one of 11 red cards for man utd, Giggs has had none in 926 matches.... that lost him my respect....as for beat arsenal on his own....did I miss beckhams great opening goal , schmeichel savings bergkamps penalty, and giggs greatest ever fa cup goal?scholes has won way more trophies, giggs has won twice as many trophies and nearly 400 more games and over 100 more goals......so great as he was, keane falls short of the very best

arsenal 99 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI_LkMj4HI

aggressive people like aggressive players but there has to be more than aggression to be an all time football great...

this is what giggs did in juventus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAe_KZl2mDE

Legend killer
07-02-2013, 11:51 PM
well he only scored 75 goals in his whole career for starters , a very low figure for any allegedly world class midfielder, he lacked pace, he had no dribbling ability, he was one footed too...keane was an enforcer , a very strong industrious player, although sometimes play thuggish as when he deliberately went out to break a players legs with one of the worst challenge in football history,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

he then showed off about it to try and sell his autobiography, it was one of 11 red cards for man utd, Giggs has had none in 926 matches.... that lost him my respect....as for beat arsenal on his own....did I miss beckhams great opening goal , schmeichel savings bergkamps penalty, and giggs greatest ever fa cup goal?scholes has won way more trophies, giggs has won twice as many trophies and nearly 400 more games and over 100 more goals......so great as he was, keane falls short of the very best

arsenal 99 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI_LkMj4HI

aggressive people like aggressive players but there has to be more than aggression to be an all time football great...

this is what giggs did in juventus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAe_KZl2mDE

well he only scored 75 goals in his whole career for starters

PMSL and the award for the most stupid comment I have ever seen goes to you nearly stopped reading after this bit alone. Emile Heskey has scored more goals then Nesta and Maldini COMBINED does he rank higher then both according to your deluded view???

he lacked pace, he had no dribbling ability, he was one footed too

Yet still DESTROYED Vieria and Zidane two of the greatest players to play the game INTERDASTING.GIF

break a players legs with one of the worst challenge in football history,

Alf had it coming son though he was the big man giving it large when Keane was on the floor Karma is a bastard

As for the rest of your post ISTHISREALLIFE.GIF you have the nerve to post what Giggs did against Juve when it is widely acknowledged Kean's performances in Turin is the greatest single performance by a player in the modern era

So to conclude Giggs is the better player because he had less red cards throughout his career LOOOOOOL!!!!!

Drew.
08-02-2013, 12:15 AM

PMSL and the award for the most stupid comment I have ever seen goes to you nearly stopped reading after this bit alone. Emile Heskey has scored more goals then Nesta and Maldini COMBINED does he rank higher then both according to your deluded view???

this actually surprised me :joker:

the truth
08-02-2013, 01:03 AM

he lacked pace, he had no dribbling ability, he was one footed too

Yet still DESTROYED Vieria and Zidane two of the greatest players to play the game INTERDASTING.GIF

break a players legs with one of the worst challenge in football history,

Alf had it coming son though he was the big man giving it large when Keane was on the floor Karma is a bastard

As for the rest of your post ISTHISREALLIFE.GIF you have the nerve to post what Giggs did against Juve when it is widely acknowledged Kean's performances in Turin is the greatest single performance by a player in the modern era

So to conclude Giggs is the better player because he had less red cards throughout his career LOOOOOOL!!!!!

youre getting desperate now, heskey was a striker, maldini a defender...but keane was a midfielder and he didnt score many goals considering he was in central midfield for man utd...scholes has scored twice as many giggs 2 and a half times as many

giggs is better for zillion of reasons

- over twice as many goals
-over 4 times as many goal asists
- twice as many matches
-more ground covered during matches
-over twice as many trophies
- 11 fewer red cards
- quicker
-more skillful
-better close control
-vastly better dribling abilities
-better freekicks
-better corners
- better crosser
-broke fewer legs

etc etc

I really could go on, but I really dont need to bother,its getting embarrassingly one sided.

giggs is way better than keane, and the vast majority agree , as giggs was voted the greatest man utd player ever by man utd fans
giggs is by far the most successful british footballer who has ever lived

926 games (all time british record)
estimated near 400 goal assists (all time british record),
164 goals (all time british record for a left winger),
approx 33 trophies (all time british and european record and counting)
...keane was a good but limited midfielder by comparism

also if u think keanes tackle of haland was a good one they that says all we need to know about you too.

the truth
08-02-2013, 01:04 AM
this actually surprised me :joker:

why? maldini is a defender, heskey is a striker and keane is a midfielder?

Drew.
08-02-2013, 01:05 AM
why? maldini is a defender, heskey is a striker and keane is a midfielder?

it was partly sarcasm :pipe: Heskey isnt the most reliable of strikers nowadays

the truth
08-02-2013, 01:08 AM
it was partly sarcasm :pipe: Heskey isnt the most reliable of strikers nowadays

heskey was a long way from great even in his prime, to be honest

MTVN
08-02-2013, 01:12 AM
He's banging them in for Newcastle Jets mind

JamesBond007
08-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Bale, another player overrated by the British press. Yes he's a very very good player but thread titles like this make a lot of people dislike the guy. Scholes for me is the man ( this coming from a Arsenal supporter) as is Roy Keane and Giggs but Greatest Brit of all time has to go to George Best, the closet British football has come to a Messi.

Alf
08-02-2013, 03:06 AM
but Greatest Brit of all time has to go to George Best, the closet British football has come to a Messi.
Very astute choice Mr Bond

the truth
08-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Bale, another player overrated by the British press. Yes he's a very very good player but thread titles like this make a lot of people dislike the guy. Scholes for me is the man ( this coming from a Arsenal supporter) as is Roy Keane and Giggs but Greatest Brit of all time has to go to George Best, the closet British football has come to a Messi.

if threads this this make people dislike a guy, then the haters need to get their heads read, pathetic. bale is a class act off the field 100% humble decent bloke, absolutely nothing to dislike and hes a very clean player too.

what Im really asking is regardless of looking at a players entire career, on his day is bale the best most complete british footballer weve seen? after george best that is, he was incomparable imho. obviously bale would need to keep his improvements going for many years to come. but the performances hes put in lately have been some of the best individual displays Ive ever seen.
he seems to be able to do everything.

as for keane scholes and giggs. I dont think keane is in the same class as those 2. great holdng midfielder, but too limited to be in that company imho

Alf
08-02-2013, 02:50 PM
what Im really asking is regardless of looking at a players entire career, on his day is bale the best most complete british footballer weve seen?Did you never see Paul Gascoinge play? now he was a football genius, such an insult to even compare Bale with him.

the truth
08-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Did you never see Paul Gascoinge play? now he was a football genius, such an insult to even compare Bale with him.

please dont pretend to be insulted....Gazza was fantastic if you read my other threads youd read me describe him as a genius. he was a brilliant central midfielder who could do almost everything. sadly it did tail off a bit later on , but he was fantastic and by far the most talented english player ive seen in my lifetime.

Legend killer
08-02-2013, 03:02 PM
youre getting desperate now, heskey was a striker, maldini a defender...but keane was a midfielder and he didnt score many goals considering he was in central midfield for man utd...scholes has scored twice as many giggs 2 and a half times as many

giggs is better for zillion of reasons

- over twice as many goals
-over 4 times as many goal asists
- twice as many matches
-more ground covered during matches
-over twice as many trophies
- 11 fewer red cards
- quicker
-more skillful
-better close control
-vastly better dribling abilities
-better freekicks
-better corners
- better crosser
-broke fewer legs

etc etc

I really could go on, but I really dont need to bother,its getting embarrassingly one sided.

giggs is way better than keane, and the vast majority agree , as giggs was voted the greatest man utd player ever by man utd fans
giggs is by far the most successful british footballer who has ever lived

926 games (all time british record)
estimated near 400 goal assists (all time british record),
164 goals (all time british record for a left winger),
approx 33 trophies (all time british and european record and counting)
...keane was a good but limited midfielder by comparism

also if u think keanes tackle of haland was a good one they that says all we need to know about you too.

Not even going to debate this anyone who thinks Giggs or Scholes had a bigger impact on matches (not talking technical ability) needs to give up on football and follow another sport altogether

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXoOrPM1Jeg

THE GREATEST CAPTAIN IN PREMIER LEAGUE HISTORY

the truth
08-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Not even going to debate this anyone who thinks Giggs or Scholes had a bigger impact on matches (not talking technical ability) needs to give up on football and follow another sport altogether

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXoOrPM1Jeg

THE GREATEST CAPTAIN IN PREMIER LEAGUE HISTORY

Youve lost the debate very badly so you have nothing much else to say.
giggs and scholes beat keane all ends up....skill, talent, speed of thought and body, dribbling ability, passing, crossing, free kicks, goal scoring, games played, trophies won, dicipline, temperament, longevity etc etc
you also condone it when a man deliberately goes onto the pitch to premeditatively break an opponents legs. you think thats great, thats says all we need to know about you:nono:

Legend killer
08-02-2013, 03:08 PM
So let me ask you again prime for prime Giggs and Scholes had bigger impact on matches then Keane??

Alf
08-02-2013, 03:10 PM
please dont pretend to be insulted....Gazza was fantastic if you read my other threads youd read me describe him as a genius. he was a brilliant central midfielder who could do almost everything. sadly it did tail off a bit later on , but he was fantastic and by far the most talented english player ive seen in my lifetime.
I'm not insulted, i meant it's an insult to Gazza to compare Bale with him.

Legend killer
08-02-2013, 03:14 PM
A saying said around Old Trafford that you would do well to remember son

Cantona took us to that next level, but it was Keane who kept us there.

the truth
08-02-2013, 03:16 PM
So let me ask you again prime for prime Giggs and Scholes had bigger impact on matches then Keane??

HELL YES WAY MORE IMPACT OVER WAY MORE GAMES OVER WAY MORE TIME
you seem to think having an impact is merely aggression, tackling and of course red cards
do you think keane was right to go out and deliberately try to break an opponents legs?

giggs and scholes are far better players , more skillful, bigger impact, longer lasting, more goals, more goal assists, better crossers, better free kicks, better vision, better close control, better fitness, way better longevity, way more trophies. better in almost every facet of the game

in short yes they are better players than keane? do you understand now or do you want me to draw you a picture with childrens crayons?

the truth
08-02-2013, 03:17 PM
A saying said around Old Trafford that you would do well to remember son

Cantona took us to that next level, but it was Keane who kept us there.

never heard that said by anyone SON

heres something you need to remember SON

MAN UTD FANS VOTED the all time greatest man utd players as the following
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Jan/Giggs-is-the-greatest.aspx

The Greatest: The Top 10
As voted for by readers of Inside United and ManUtd.com, the Reds' top 10 players of all time are as follows:

1. Ryan Giggs
2. Eric Cantona
3. George Best
4. Sir Bobby Charlton
5. Cristiano Ronaldo
6. Paul Scholes
7. David Beckham
8. Roy Keane
9. Peter Schmeichel
10. Wayne Rooney

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs,
Running down the wing,
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs
Running down the wing,
Feared by the Blues,
Loved by the Reds,
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs…

or giggs giggs will tera u apart again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-GLf9DNDOg

Legend killer
08-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed Roy Keane as his greatest ever player ahead of Tuesday's testimonial for his former captain, who brings his new team, Celtic, to Old Trafford.

It will be Keane's first return to the club since November, when he departed under a cloud after criticising his team-mates, but United still expect a record attendance in excess of 70,000 for a player Ferguson clearly still admires.

"People ask me why I say Roy Keane is the best I ever had," said Ferguson. "Would I say he was better than Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, or Ryan Giggs? He wasn't as talented as them, nowhere near.

"But his obsession with winning and the demands he put on other players made him the most influential player in the dressing room. And he became a great captain through that. That's why he was my best player. He was fantastic.

"Decades from now, when they pick the best United midfield, Roy Keane, will always be there."

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b460/gifpro95/684utw.gif

Stay mad Son

the truth
08-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed Roy Keane as his greatest ever player ahead of Tuesday's testimonial for his former captain, who brings his new team, Celtic, to Old Trafford.

It will be Keane's first return to the club since November, when he departed under a cloud after criticising his team-mates, but United still expect a record attendance in excess of 70,000 for a player Ferguson clearly still admires.

"People ask me why I say Roy Keane is the best I ever had," said Ferguson. "Would I say he was better than Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, or Ryan Giggs? He wasn't as talented as them, nowhere near.

"But his obsession with winning and the demands he put on other players made him the most influential player in the dressing room. And he became a great captain through that. That's why he was my best player. He was fantastic.

"Decades from now, when they pick the best United midfield, Roy Keane, will always be there."

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b460/gifpro95/684utw.gif

Stay mad Son

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18074986

Sir Alex Ferguson and Ryan Giggs win Premier League awards
Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs has been named the greatest player of the Premier League era.

And in an Old Trafford double, boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been selected the Premier League's greatest manager.

The Premier League 20 Seasons Awards honour the players, managers and football that has taken place over the two decades.

20 season award winners
Player of 20 Seasons
Ryan Giggs

Manager of 20 Seasons
Sir Alex Ferguson

Season of 20 Seasons

Public vote Fantasy Team of 20 Seasons:
Peter Schmeichel; Gary Neville, Tony Adams, Nemanja Vidic, Ashley Cole; Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs; Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer

Ferguson, 70, has steered United to 12 Premier League titles, the same number 38-year-old Giggs has won as a player.

Giggs beat off competition from team-mate Paul Scholes as well as former Arsenal players Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp to clinch the vote from a panel of experts.

The most decorated player in the English game said after picking up the award that he enjoys playing "more than ever" - despite the bitter disappointment of missing out on a 13th title.

fergie has said many times giggs is the greatest man utd player ever.

so all the man utd fans say it, all football fans say it, fergie says it.
but you know best ? lol:joker:
doble your prescription son:xyxwave:

Legend killer
08-02-2013, 03:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18074986

Sir Alex Ferguson and Ryan Giggs win Premier League awards
Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs has been named the greatest player of the Premier League era.

And in an Old Trafford double, boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been selected the Premier League's greatest manager.

The Premier League 20 Seasons Awards honour the players, managers and football that has taken place over the two decades.

20 season award winners
Player of 20 Seasons
Ryan Giggs

Manager of 20 Seasons
Sir Alex Ferguson

Season of 20 Seasons

Public vote Fantasy Team of 20 Seasons:
Peter Schmeichel; Gary Neville, Tony Adams, Nemanja Vidic, Ashley Cole; Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs; Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer

Ferguson, 70, has steered United to 12 Premier League titles, the same number 38-year-old Giggs has won as a player.

Giggs beat off competition from team-mate Paul Scholes as well as former Arsenal players Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp to clinch the vote from a panel of experts.

The most decorated player in the English game said after picking up the award that he enjoys playing "more than ever" - despite the bitter disappointment of missing out on a 13th title.

fergie has said many times giggs is the greatest man utd player ever.

so all the man utd fans say it, all football fans say it, fergie says it.
but you know best ? lol:joker:
doble your prescription son:xyxwave:

Would all these times happen to be after Fergie's and Keane's massive feud by any chance??? l.

And lol at the United fans. Let's be real Giggs and Scholes get a lot more love from United fans because they have stayed here for so long and have never bad mouthed the club or Fergie. You go look at any United fan forum from around the times of there primes when they were playing together and you will see a totally different answer to that of now

Legend killer
08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Let me point out Fergie stated this after seeing them all during there prime and was before he could be blinded by loyalty personal bias etc

JamesBond007
08-02-2013, 03:37 PM
bale is a class act off the field 100% humble decent bloke,absolutely nothing to dislike and hes a very clean player too.

as for keane scholes and giggs. I dont think keane is in the same class as those 2. great holdng midfielder, but too limited to be in that company imho

As a guy off the field i can't knock him cause you don't hear anything about him. To say the biggest diver in the premiership is a clean player is a bit far.

Go watch the 2nd leg of the 1999 CL semi final and call Keane a limited player. Utd have never replaced his leadership, his midfield general role and thats a fact.

the truth
08-02-2013, 03:46 PM
As a guy off the field i can't knock him cause you don't hear anything about him. To say the biggest diver in the premiership is a clean player is a bit far.

Go watch the 2nd leg of the 1999 CL semi final and call Keane a limited player. Utd have never replaced his leadership, his midfield general role and thats a fact.

very limited. especially compared to greater more talented players like scholes and giggs and ronaldo etc did you also support him when he deliberately broke halands legs? united have won the champions league and umpteen league titles since keane left. he was a very good holding player , not very quick, lacked a lot of the skills, but he was surrounded by great players so that helped him out. hes in the top 10 list so hes very good, just not as good as some of the others, as man utd fans and football fans everywhere agree as backed up by all the evidence. giggs was voted the best by a big majority by man utd fans and millions of football fans. he beats keane in every facet whether its games played, games won, pace, dribbling, skill, free kicks, crosses, passes, goals created, goals scored, trophies won,
giggs is simply better

Legend killer
08-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Fergie talking on sky sports in the 2004

He is my best player. It's not just the quality of his game, it is also his influence and great determination. There are a lot of parts to making a great player - he has fulfilled them all."

Van the man on Keane

Roy will always be remembered as the greatest player who's played for the club. His leadership and quality of play and his character will always be within us, because I worked with him and trained with him for four and a half years and he was the best player I ever played with

David Beckham talking to PA Sport on Keane's departure from Manchester United

He is a player who will lead from the front and get a team going. He is also a player who will tell you when you have done something wrong and something right. You know where you stand with him, he'll tell you in his own special way. I think he had one of the biggest impacts on a club anyone could have. The players responded to him in every game. I am shocked he has left because I thought he would be there for a few more years, but he has made his decision and everyone will respect that. People now have to look at what he has done with Manchester United because in the last 12 years he has won everything there is to win in club football. He has done it, gaining respect from so many players that he has played with and against.”

Former midfield adversary and ex-Arsenal player Patrick Viera in December 2008 when asked name the best player he ever played against

For me, being in England for nine years, I would have said Roy Keane

Bobby Charlton

as a player and a competitor [Keane is] the nearest I've seen in my lifetime to Duncan Edwards to put into perspective Bobby though Edwards was better then Pele

Alan Hansen

"[Keane] was in a class of his own in his peak...the best player the Premiership has seen

Stam

Keane is an incredible player, a real one-off whose name would be the first on the team-sheet of any side. It's not just the fact that he wins every tackle, or the way he can drive a team on with his powerful running, and snappy passing; with Roy there's something more, a desperation to win that drags the whole team with him"

The feud between the Fergie and Keane may have soured Fergie view of him but it cannot change what has been said in the past

JamesBond007
08-02-2013, 04:02 PM
very limited. especially compared to greater more talented players like scholes and giggs and ronaldo etc did you also support him when he deliberately broke halands legs? united have won the champions league and umpteen league titles since keane left. he was a very good holding player , not very quick, lacked a lot of the skills, but he was surrounded by great players so that helped him out. hes in the top 10 list so hes very good, just not as good as some of the others, as man utd fans and football fans everywhere agree as backed up by all the evidence. giggs was voted the best by a big majority by man utd fans and millions of football fans. he beats keane in every facet whether its games played, games won, pace, dribbling, skill, free kicks, crosses, passes, goals created, goals scored, trophies won,
giggs is simply better

Giggs couldn't take a game by the scruff of the neck like Keane and drive a team onward. Don't even put Ronandlo in the same sentence as Keane. Ronaldo has been known for been a bottler. And any list that has Beckam in its top 10 is silly.

the truth
08-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Giggs couldn't take a game by the scruff of the neck like Keane and drive a team onward. Don't even put Ronandlo in the same sentence as Keane. Ronaldo has been known for been a bottler. And any list that has Beckam in its top 10 is silly.

scruff of necks eh? your claim that keane is a better footballer than ronadlso too is laughable, sorry but discussing football with a man with that view is a waste of time...bye:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joke r::joker::joker::joker:
I suppose you think keane is better than pele too because keane tackled more? ignore peles 1200 odd goals of course and 3 world cups lol.....youre opinion on this is one of the most embarassing Ive ever heard

Drew.
08-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Liven this thread up a bit with a game of spot the difference

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/KennyMcEvoy.jpg

(this isnt two pictures of Bale.. ones a youth player)

JamesBond007
09-02-2013, 12:01 AM
scruff of necks eh? your claim that keane is a better footballer than ronadlso too is laughable, sorry but discussing football with a man with that view is a waste of time...bye:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joke r::joker::joker::joker:
I suppose you think keane is better than pele too because keane tackled more? ignore peles 1200 odd goals of course and 3 world cups lol.....youre opinion on this is one of the most embarassing Ive ever heard

Anyone who says Bale is the greatest brit deserves banning:joker::joker:

MTVN
09-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Very tempted to implement that policy Bond

Brother Leon
09-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Of all time it's Best probably. In my lifetime it is Giggs or Gazza, but would go with Giggs.

Not biased or anything :idc:

the truth
09-02-2013, 06:05 AM
Anyone who says Bale is the greatest brit deserves banning:joker::joker:

i merely asked the question.....just like we asked who is the greatest bond, some even backed lazenby, one man went for david niven just because of his pencil moustache eeeshhh

MeMyselfAndI
09-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Calling a silly footballer the greatest brit ever

the truth
10-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Calling a silly footballer the greatest brit ever

obviously i just meant the great brit footballer ever, not the greatest brit lol

Ryan57
12-02-2013, 08:28 AM
He'll only have a chance to be the best Brit ever if he leaves Spurs.

the truth
14-02-2013, 09:48 PM
bale waved his magic wand yet again tonight 2 awesome free kicks in the last minute of each half win spurs the first leg in europe

Drew.
14-02-2013, 10:02 PM
he's way to good for spurs.. will be great when he leaves them but i hope he doesnt leave the premier league

the truth
26-02-2013, 01:05 AM
bale waved his magic wand again tonight 2 super goals , one is candidate for goal of the season, lats minute winner of course........he also banged in 2 magic freekicks in the last round of europe, if they do a goal of the season hed have most of the top 10. spurs say they want £60 million if they sell him

MTVN
26-02-2013, 01:07 AM
He's a tit

the truth
26-02-2013, 01:09 AM
He's a tit

hilarious?:sleep:

MTVN
26-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Wasn't supposed to be, no

the truth
26-02-2013, 02:46 AM
Wasn't supposed to be, no

good because it was a mindless comment you made?
what are you saying no to? did you see his performance tonight? what did you think?

MTVN
26-02-2013, 10:37 AM
I think he wasted 4 or 5 great free kick opportunities sending them flying hopelessly over the bar

the truth
27-02-2013, 01:20 PM
stories running today madrid have increased their £50 million offer for Bale to £70 million.

Black Dagger
27-02-2013, 01:41 PM
hes not no.

attractive though xo

Brother Leon
27-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Hopefully Madrid take him then Ronny can come home :worship:

Petershaw1984
27-02-2013, 07:16 PM
fantastic thespian, not so fantastic footballer

Hopefully Madrid take him then Ronny can come home :worship:

Hell yeah son

the truth
27-02-2013, 10:51 PM
in retrospect the thread should have read could bale become the greatest brit ever and are his current performances amongst the best prodiuced by a brit....i think the answer is maybe

the truth
03-03-2013, 06:59 PM
strikes again to down the gunners, 20th of the season, not bad for a winger

Locke.
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
An own goal today, it's all downhill from here

the truth
03-03-2013, 09:49 PM
An own goal today, it's all downhill from here

aye lol

talking about form players

suarez is looking world class