PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Canada launch show SPOILERS

Matt
28-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Putting these in a seperate thread so people can avoid them if they so wish

So there's a phone which Big Brother will use to deliver the houseguests secret missions. It can be heard throughout the house and will ring until someone picks it up.

Suzette was the first person to answer the phone and therefore became the first ever Canadian Head of Household - but she was only given a short time to choose her first nominees based on first impressions.

She nominated Emmett and Tom, and the first Power of Veto competition saw them and three other players (drawn out of a bag, same as US version) pop balloons with spikes attached to their waists to retrieve puzzle pieces. They were wearing BBUK-like zentai suits :laugh:

The first person to complete their jigsaw won, and that was Tom.

First live eviction takes place tomorrow.

lostalex
28-02-2013, 02:19 AM
I think we should change the Big Brother USA forum into a Big Brother North America forum, and just put BB Canada threads in there. It would make sense, since most fans of BB USA will also be watching BB Canada.

JTM45
28-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Wooot!!!

First post in the very first thread in the new BB Canada Forum.:dance:

Just finished watching the first episode and i'm pretty positive so far. Some good housemates and some horrible ones (as ever!).
Can't stand the girl who became first HOH and i thought she chose terribly when picking first two people for eviction! I wasn't really too bothered about the one dude being up (guyliner bloke. Whoa there...easy on that guyliner!!!) but felt bad for the other one (i think his name was Emmet...possibly?).
I really wasn't very keen on the tanning salon girl with the horse face or the little blonde chick either on first impressions.
There was quite a few people i did like but i'm hopeless with names so it'll take me a few episodes to start remembering who's called what.
I quite liked the 'Asian' girl (her words not mine!) and the girl with the blue shoes (nice legs....and shoes!).
Gary was 'entertaining' but could get wearing very quickly!

What did everyone else make of the first episode then ?:xyxwave:

Matt
28-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Here's the episode on YouTube:

kPP51EpPirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPP51EpPirk

lostalex
28-02-2013, 06:42 AM
I'm into it so far. It's definitely more BBUS than it is BBKUK. I already have some favs and some hates. but it's too early to say for certain so i won't. I hate Tom, so i hate that he won the veto, but i'm not really bothered about eigther of the people up for noms. We don't really know any of them yet, so having an eviction so early seems a bit pointless, cause i really don't give a crap who goes tomorrow, i just wish it was tom who was going home. He's too ugly to be that cocky.

I hate when ugly people are cocky.

lostalex
28-02-2013, 06:48 AM
i liked it. Too early to make any definitive statements. The only thing I can say so far is that I do NOT like Tom, I was annoyed that he won the veto.

As for the show in general, I liked it. It's the first season, so i'm sure it will find it's feet. Was it as good as BBUS? no. BUt it definitely was better than BBUS season 1. So it's gonna find it's feet. The houseguests seem interesting, they all seem up for it, the house looks good.

I think BBCAN will grow into itself. I'm definitely gonna be watching the whole season.

Marc
28-02-2013, 07:19 AM
I shall catch up

jyunga
28-02-2013, 07:25 AM
its the first episode. how can you compare it to years of the same format for the first episode of bbus? lol

lostalex
28-02-2013, 09:22 AM
its the first episode. how can you compare it to years of the same format for the first episode of bbus? lol

because it is the same format. and it is the same title. when something claims to be the same thing, it invites comparisons, don't you think?

nevermind...

Brekkie
28-02-2013, 12:00 PM
On the whole a promising opener - my only complaint is they didn't push the Secret HoH twist far enough - it was done and dusted within an hour (a couple of minutes on screen) and came across as a cheap way to choose a HoH rather than a big launch twist.

This relies on the HoH being chosen in a more secretive way so it's less obvious, but I'd have had them nominate secretly (with BB announcing the nominees) and then the Veto Comp would be the two nominees and four further randomly selected players (which may or may not include the HoH - if it does she doesn't effectively compete) would be challenged to identify the Secret HoH to win the Veto. They have one guess and one guess only, and the first one to identify them correctly in the diary room wins the Veto.

As a further twist the Veto winner then has the option that should they use the Veto they can either allow the Secret HoH to nominate a replacement, or they can choose for the Secret HoH to be the replacement - therefore adding a bit of jeopardy to the Secret HoH role and ensuring it's in her interests to remain undiscovered.

P.S. The live crowd were annoying too, though come the live shows that'll probably be a bonus if they're not sitting their in silence (as long as they do shut up during links to the house!). Arisa did a great job though and on the whole everything the Canadians did to set themselves apart from the US show seemed to work.

armand.kay
28-02-2013, 04:03 PM
'I meant Gary glitter obviously' wut :(

DrunkerThanMoses
28-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I dislike Tom so pissed he won Veto

Loved Suzette nominating the two biggest threats.

armand.kay
28-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Ugh I hate tom :bored:
Suzette is a dumb ass for nominating the treats first, she should of nominated someone weak because no one would really care therefore there would be no backlash to her.

LemonJam
28-02-2013, 04:55 PM
When picking for the veto

Host: "We need some oestrogen up in here"

-Emmett picks Gary- :joker:

LemonJam
28-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I actually love this cast tbh.

reece(:
28-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Watching now and one of them looks like Natalie Martinez

reece(:
28-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Kat "I cannot stand bubbly barbie girls"
next person to be revealed is of said type of girl.:laugh2:

reece(:
28-02-2013, 06:43 PM
They can swear<33333

reece(:
28-02-2013, 07:08 PM
CANNOT stand Tom

rk3388
28-02-2013, 07:33 PM
i think their such a bad representation of canadians ughhh

LemonJam
28-02-2013, 07:35 PM
how so?

rk3388
28-02-2013, 07:37 PM
most of them are a holes

Mokka
28-02-2013, 07:42 PM
i think their such a bad representation of canadians ughhh

I think that is why I prefer the easterners. They seem more genuine
The Toronto people are pretty sure of themselves in not a good way

I hope Emmett stays

armand.kay
28-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Why is there a roof in the garden :/

reece(:
28-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Why is there a roof in the garden :/
Cos it's winter

rk3388
28-02-2013, 08:00 PM
I think that is why I prefer the easterners. They seem more genuine
The Toronto people are pretty sure of themselves in not a good way

I hope Emmett stays

i have a friend who used to live down the street from emmett and they were family friends ahah