PDA

View Full Version : X Factor Australia.

Mystic Mock
03-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I didn't know what section to exactly put this thread in so I picked the safest option.:hugesmile:

Anyway does anybody watch it on here? I've only watched series 4 so far and I've finally completed it today, here's my opinions of all the acts if anyone is interested.

Adil Memon - I know he only had one week but he was a dreadful singer imo, definitely wasn't surprised that the public put him in the bottom two that week.

Josh Brookes - He wasn't the worst singer on there but I just couldn't take to him.

What About Tonight - They wasn't my cup of tea, they wasn't my cup of coffee either, but I was surprised that the public didn't keep them in longer.

Justin Standley - He was so forgettable that I thought his name was Johnny, seriously bad the week he went as well.

Carmelo Munzone - I actually thought he had potential but he was bad the week he went, although I thought he redeemed himself in the sing off.

Angel Tupai - Again I liked her voice but I thought they only gave her good song choices in week 3 and week 4, I feel the show wasted her talent.

Fourtunate - lol so bad most weeks, although they was decent in week 3.

Nathaniel Willemse - I thought he was very good (especially with The Scientist) but I felt after that performance the producers ****ed him over a bit with his song choices.

Shiane Hawke - I thought she was average with a very strange way of pronouncing her words.

Bella Ferraro - I loved her, my favorite of the whole series, yes she didn't have the most powerful voice of the competition but she was unique to the competition and I thought she had the best performance of the series with Sweet Disposition.

The Collective - Seriously how did they finish so high? they had a boyband member who thought he could rap (emphasis on the thought part) and they couldn't harmonize if their lives depended on it.

Jason Owen - I honestly don't get how he finished so high either, he was karaoke at best away from two performances imo, which both performances happpened in the final.

Samantha Jade - She had the whole package so very understandable why she won, I still love her week 9 performances.

I'm sorry for the long OP btw, I just had a lot to get off my chest lol.

Black Dagger
03-03-2013, 09:06 PM
I enjoyed it.

2 of my top 3 made the final 4 so I was happy enough <3.

Shame Josh flopped. Love Samantha though and Bella was amaze.

Mystic Mock
03-03-2013, 09:09 PM
I enjoyed it.

2 of my top 3 made the final 4 so I was happy enough <3.

Shame Josh flopped. Love Samantha though and Bella was amaze.

Same here on all fronts as usually my favorites go in the middle of the series on X Factor lol.

Apple202
06-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Samantha :love:

I'm always watching Heartless

Mystic Mock
18-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I tried watching season 2 but I couldn't get into it, there was only one act I really liked.

Chris Doe - Awful doesn't even begin to describe him, his sing-off was so bad that it didn't even sound remotely like the song he was suppose to be singing.

James McNally - Not as bad as Chris, but I just couldn't connect with him for some reason.

Kharizma - They was okay in week 1, but the other two weeks they just wasn't up to much at all, a shame though as they had potential to be decent.

Amanda Grafanakis - I thought that she was completely average tbh, no wonder she was struggling in the votes.

Mitchell Smith - The most offensive singer of the series for me, his version of Umbrella was nothing short of a crime, and the worst part about it is that it was his best performance imo.

India Rose Madderom - I honestly didn't get why she was struggling so badly in the votes, yeah she got weaker after week 3, but considering what was in there, I'm surprised she hit the bottom two so much.

Hayley Teal - She was average most of the time, but she did give me a couple of strong performances that at least contributed to the series a bit more than most of the others.

Luke & Joel - They tried to be too much like Jedward most of the time, but I did like their version of Best Of You in week 5.

Mahogany - I really enjoyed their performance in the first week, but after the first week I just couldn't get back into them again, I don't know if it was poor song choices or whatever but there was something that went wrong after week 1 for me.

Andrew Lawson - What was this guy!? Seriously what a pile of turd and imagine my shock when I found out that he came third, all he ever did was swing every song and it was boring, and I don't think he was very good at the genre either.

Sally Chatfield - Finally someone who was really good, but she was overweight and stuck on early nearly every week which cost her the win sadly, such a shame though as she deserved to win this series by far.

Altiyan Childs - It was so obvious that he was gonna win that made me stop watching, Ronan jumping off his sit everytime he performed (even when he was singing ****) and the late slots almost every week was clearly an unfair advantage for him, although he did have some good weeks, I just don't think that he deserved to win.

Mystic Mock
07-05-2013, 07:07 PM
For anyone that's interested I've watched most of the third series of X Factor Australia, I've just got a few grand final performances to do and then that's it.

Anyway here's my opinion of all the contestants.

Cleo Howman - I felt sorry for her as she wasn't really given a chance, she had a whole minute where she wasn't even singing, and then in the other minute she came in half way through the song, some very bad mentoring there and we will never know if she would've been a really good singer.

Tyla Bertolli - I liked her first week performance, plus she was pretty, but in the second week she was so boring, no wonder she hit the bottom two, again though some potential was there but bad mentoring killed off any momentum she had from being on last in week 1.

Jacqui Newland - I actually think that she wasn't as bad as the Australian public thought she was, but I do feel that she held this series back in the first few weeks as she never stood a chance of winning the competition and it was good to see the actual competitors fighting it out once she was eliminated.

Audio Vixen - I thought that they was a bit karaoke tbh, and that's all I can say really as they wasn't that interesting for me.

Young Men Society - This group probably was my least favorite aspect for me in this series, they wasn't really very interesting in anyway for the first four weeks, and then when they finally pick it up in week 5 they go, I guess that's how it goes I suppose.

Mitchell Callaway - Now with Mitchell I was surprised when he got eliminated as I had him down for a final 3 finish, I personally couldn't take to him, but I thought that he had the look to go further than 7th place.

Christina Parie - I quite liked Christina, although her vocals wasn't always perfect I always felt that she put on a good show, and her version of Zombie was really good.

Declan Sykes - Declan had to have the most interesting voice of the competition for me as I've never heard anyone like him on TXF before, and I felt that he was good most weeks, and I did like the fact that he would take on risky song choices like Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit or The Beatles Help! even if it would blow up in his face some weeks.

Three Wishez - In the first week I wasn't very keen on them, but I felt as the series went on they got better and better, my favorite of theirs being the Eminem performance, and again I liked how they took on risky song choices like Linkin Park's Numb which was one of my favorite performances of theirs.

Johnny Ruffo - I wasn't really bothered by Johnny tbh, the only performance that stood out for me really was his Justin Timberlake mash up performance.

Andrew Wishart - I really liked Andrew for his consistency, the only problem I had with Andrew though and I think that's why he didn't win was the fact that he didn't have a wow performance, other than that I thought Andrew was quite a good contestant.

Reece Mastin - Now with Reece, when I first saw him I was dreading him as I thought that he would be like a solo One Direction, but I was wrong as he ended up being my favorite of this series, I thought he had the best performance of the series with Dream On, and even though he was suppose to appeal to teenage girls, I actually thought that he could sing and actually put on a show, I also felt like he was actually trying in his performances as well unlike your One Direction acts.

I'm sorry for going on so much if anyone is reading this, I just had a lot to get off my chest as I'm late in the game lol.