PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER: This Thursday's upcoming eviction

Jack_
11-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Narrator just said there's 'an eviction twist where Canada gets the Power of Veto' :amazed:

LemonJam
11-03-2013, 01:05 AM
an attempt to save Gary?

Matt
11-03-2013, 01:19 AM
an attempt to save Gary?

Blatantly. :D

Still, props to them for trying something BBUSA would never

Macie Lightfoot
11-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Blatantly. :D

Still, props to them for trying something BBUSA would never

Yes, because Canada being able to give someone PoV is radically different from America's Player and the Coup d'Etat :rolleyes:

Matt
11-03-2013, 01:34 AM
Yes, because Canada being able to give someone PoV is radically different from America's Player and the Coup d'Etat :rolleyes:

I can't remember a time when BBUS viewers were given complete control of one of the core parts of the game?

They've never been able to choose the Head of Household, nominees, the Veto results, or the evictees (post-season one)... it's not an extra power, it's taking away one of the elements that until now has been under complete control of the houseguests and putting it in the hands of the viewer

Macie Lightfoot
11-03-2013, 02:09 AM
If it's a PoV for this week then it's not taking away because the PoV Comp already happened. But regardless the Coup d'Etat in BBUS11 was more powerful than HoH, PoV, anything that could be attained by regular means. I don't see what's so remarkable about this and why it's something BBUS would never try because Grodner would and has gone to amazing extremes to guarantee her favorites survive.

Matt
11-03-2013, 02:55 AM
If it's a PoV for this week then it's not taking away because the PoV Comp already happened. But regardless the Coup d'Etat in BBUS11 was more powerful than HoH, PoV, anything that could be attained by regular means. I don't see what's so remarkable about this and why it's something BBUS would never try because Grodner would and has gone to amazing extremes to guarantee her favorites survive.

This twist is clearly happening because they didn't approve of the PoV result - I expect they'll nullify it and make out that it was a phoney competition to throw the houseguests off the scent

You are right about Grodner :D and I suppose she probably will try giving viewers control of the core gameplay now that Canada has, but I'm pretty confident she would never have cooked up that scheme on her own

Mokka
11-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Pretty sure Suzanne will go this week, and the Canada's POV will be given for next week. This is assuming that we get to vote with our earned points on their website, which we haven't gotten to yet.
But yes, it is a ploy to save Gary and to shake up the game's current statagy

Brekkie
11-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I really hope it's for next week rather than this week as that would be a blatant fix, and why on earth would they want to fix it for Suzette to stay.

To be fair hopefully the question is asking "who do you want to award the Power of Veto to", so rather than choosing whether the Veto is used or not viewers just choose who wins the Veto and gets to make that decision. The voting also needs to close IMO before the nominees are announced as otherwise the votes will just go to the nominees.

Macie Lightfoot
11-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Suzette's a goddess of the highest order so of course they'd fix it for her to stay <3 and it'd be such a great way to counter Quattro manipulating the HoH Comp in their favor.

Jack_
14-03-2013, 01:01 AM
NO NO NO NO NO.

They get to save either AJ or Suzette and Tom will have to pick a replacement nominee, and then I'm assuming they'll cast their votes to evict from there.

So Suzette's safe and Gary's going home after all. FFS NO :bored:

Josiah.
14-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Umm, guys; Tom won PoV for Week 3. The PoV for Week 4 is in Our Hands. So with the points we've earned with the Power Play game, we can save one of Next Week's nominees.

Jack_
14-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Umm, guys; Tom won PoV for Week 3. The PoV for Week 4 is in Our Hands. So with the points we've earned with the Power Play game, we can save one of Next Week's nominees.

Nope, you didn't watch episode 7 live just now I assume. Canada gets to save one of this week's nominees and Tom will have to replace one of them.

Josiah.
14-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Then how come some fansites and wikipedia say that Gary has been saved and that AJ is up for eviction against Suzette? I'm so confused.

Jack_
14-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Because he has been saved and AJ was the replacement, all by Tom who won POV.

But this vote is for this week by Canada. They have until tomorrow afternoon to save either AJ or Suzette.

Macie Lightfoot
14-03-2013, 03:29 AM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3420/suzette.png

SAVE SUZETTE 2013

Mokka
14-03-2013, 03:54 AM
Don't save Suzette 2013

BBUKAUSFAN
14-03-2013, 04:45 AM
also note that you have to have played the game online to gain any points to vote, otherwise there is no way you can vote. its 250 points per vote

so its really down to the select few who have been playing the online game to start with, and the ones who didnt use there points on the other spend point tasks. Havenots food/ havenots task

i spent my points on AJ :D

Mokka
14-03-2013, 06:13 AM
I also spent 2500 points on AJ

I have more but I'm not sure that it is needed seeing as the Facebook forum is mostly about letting Suzette go this week

starry
14-03-2013, 01:15 PM
I like a public vote twist in the competition now and again for sure, otherwise the game can get very predictable. The problem always with twists is that producers will use them only when it works how they want. However if their wishes match what the public want and it creates drama and more unpredictability in the house then surely that is a good thing.

lostalex
14-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I hope Canada saves Suzette, just to drive Tom crazy and take him down a few pegs. I don't want Gary to go though. Since Gary was given the Veto necklace does that mean that he'd still be safe? Or can Tom then replace Suzette with Gary again?

Brekkie
14-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Blatant fix to save two absolute nobodies in the show for no reason at all - and a very short sighted one at that.

Firstly any such twist like this should be announced to viewers before nominations play out, not after they've been made and the Veto has been won. Secondly it pretty much null and voids Tom's reign as HoH and more importantly is unfair on the eventual nominee. Thirdly it does nothing for the show - the producers are trying to create a bit of drama where it doesn't need creating.

Suzette leaving this week and how this week, and last night's episode especially, played out had set up the next couple of weeks very nicely indeed and the imminent downfall of Tom, which would be much more rewarding to viewers coming from inside the house. Instead we're going to have Suzette feeling she's Canada's Choice and we're back to square one - Suzette will be a target for much of the house again and if anything this twist will strengthen rather than weaken Tom as he'll be seen as hard done by.

I've no issue with viewers votes being introduced into the game, but they need to be done in a way which is open and fair and actually adds to the show, not makes the last weeks of viewing worthless.

reece(:
14-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Operation save Suzettegoddess!!!

Macie Lightfoot
14-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Blatant fix to save two absolute nobodies in the show for no reason at all - and a very short sighted one at that.

Firstly any such twist like this should be announced to viewers before nominations play out, not after they've been made and the Veto has been won. Secondly it pretty much null and voids Tom's reign as HoH and more importantly is unfair on the eventual nominee. Thirdly it does nothing for the show - the producers are trying to create a bit of drama where it doesn't need creating.

Suzette leaving this week and how this week, and last night's episode especially, played out had set up the next couple of weeks very nicely indeed and the imminent downfall of Tom, which would be much more rewarding to viewers coming from inside the house. Instead we're going to have Suzette feeling she's Canada's Choice and we're back to square one - Suzette will be a target for much of the house again and if anything this twist will strengthen rather than weaken Tom as he'll be seen as hard done by.

I've no issue with viewers votes being introduced into the game, but they need to be done in a way which is open and fair and actually adds to the show, not makes the last weeks of viewing worthless.

I don't know what show you've been watching if you think Suzette's an absolute nobody because she's been the STAR of the past two episode. The Tom's downfall is imminent no matter what, the dude's on life support. But seeing the look of horror on his face when someone other than Suzette is evicted is the most instant gratification we can get. And if you want things to be open and fair, Big Brother isn't the show to watch.