PDA

View Full Version : the UK BOO, Canada has STANDING OVATIONS

rk3388
22-03-2013, 01:37 AM
WHICH ONE IS WORSE ?
Tom getting a standing ovation killed me.

Matt
22-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Not normally an advocate of booing but I couldn't stand Tom

Wouldn't even clap for him, never mind give him a standing ovation

Jack_
22-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Thing is, they stand for those who deserve it (well I think only two of the evictees has had one so far IIRC). The UK boo those who don't deserve it.

As Alec said the other week with a confused look on his face, in the UK you'll be booed for being fake but not if you're boring. Even he thinks that's dumb, and he's right.

rk3388
22-03-2013, 01:48 AM
Thing is, they stand for those who deserve it (well I think only two of the evictees has had one so far IIRC). The UK boo those who don't deserve it.

As Alec said the other week with a confused look on his face, in the UK you'll be booed for being fake but not if you're boring. Even he thinks that's dumb, and he's right.

no danielle and aneal got standing ovations to, and im pretty sure kat did too.
I hate that Tom probably thinks he was loved.

rk3388
22-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Liza got a standing ovation too -_-

BBUKAUSFAN
22-03-2013, 02:02 AM
gotta remember UK crowds are full of chavs.

rk3388
22-03-2013, 02:04 AM
yeah but canadian crowd is too polite lol, im not saying they should boo, but a standing ovation for some of these evictees...really???

Mokka
22-03-2013, 05:18 AM
I actually liked that they stood for him.
Canadians recognize that its just a game and we don't take the things that go on in the house seriously.
Tom, for all his faults, kept the "game" interesting and provided entertainment. Even if it was being an a**, his character added to the house.

Liberty4eva
22-03-2013, 05:40 AM
It's a game. Why boo someone who was playing a game?

Mokka
22-03-2013, 05:47 AM

Exactly

Macie Lightfoot
22-03-2013, 08:10 AM

Because as a person he sucks.

Patrick
26-03-2013, 06:46 PM
The UK is the only country that boos the housemates anyway, it's always been like that since BB5.

Roy Mars III
26-03-2013, 06:52 PM
They make people applaud in the U.S. Big Brother (or they kick them out), might be the same thing

Mokka
27-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Because as a person he sucks.

Or does he suck as a persona on T.V. in a pressure situation. We Canadians are pretty nonjudgmental about these things

Macie Lightfoot
27-03-2013, 06:03 AM
His "persona" (edit) on TV was very forgiving. Like, the fact that he got called to the DR and was given a warning in the SECOND week because of how many times he said "maggot" (except changing the m to and f) shows what an awful person he is. It has nothing to do with pressure of being on TV when the feeds exist and we heard gems like condoms are for pussies.

Marc
27-03-2013, 08:13 AM
All crowds should cheer, the UK crowd are morons. Dumb ******* who stand in the cold and rain just to boo a person they don't know

Patrick
27-03-2013, 11:04 AM
What made the UK crowds awesome, was back in the old days when they would cheer most people and only boo a few housemates who were really hated.

Like Grace, Sylvia, Nicole, Bea etc - but nowadays they just boo anyone for the sake of it and it's literally the most boring thing ever now.

Mokka
27-03-2013, 08:22 PM
What made the UK crowds awesome, was back in the old days when they would cheer most people and only boo a few housemates who were really hated.

Like Grace, Sylvia, Nicole, Bea etc - but nowadays they just boo anyone for the sake of it and it's literally the most boring thing ever now.

This

rk3388
27-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Yeah well tom deserved to b booed. The stuff he said in his vt was awful and selling his soul to the devil to get in the house and his words and actions in the house were vile

rk3388
27-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Or does he suck as a persona on T.V. in a pressure situation. We Canadians are pretty nonjudgmental about these things

Im a canadian.... And im judging and my judgement is that hes an ass

armand.kay
07-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I would rather the audience cheered everyone instead of booing.

armand.kay
07-04-2013, 02:56 PM
and Tom deserved that standing ovation he played a big part in the game.

reece(:
07-04-2013, 04:19 PM
The cheering is better, makes the game more feel good and is good that Canada can appreciate that people went in to play the game.

Jack_
07-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Only about 5 people stood up for Gary, I was pissed.

Mokka
07-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm sad that AJ went out without an audience. He probably thinks Canada hates him b/c of Suzette being saved. He was one of the most interesting housemates on live feeds in my opinion. (Sorry, but Gary was not that much fun to watch in my opinion)

Jack_
07-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Don't be ridiculous :bored: Gary made the feeds, they haven't been the same since he's left

reece(:
07-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Hopefully we get some jury house footage soon.

Mokka
07-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Don't be ridiculous :bored: Gary made the feeds, they haven't been the same since he's left

Again, In my opinion, Gary made the feeds annoying. I personally did not enjoy watching him put on make up for hours, or whine and screech at the other housemates. He was not my cup of tea as it were.

To each his own

Jack_
07-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Again, In my opinion, Gary made the feeds annoying. I personally did not enjoy watching him put on make up for hours, or whine and screech at the other housemates. He was not my cup of tea as it were.

To each his own

But watching Emmett and Jillian make out is so much more interesting?

Mokka
07-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Actually, I said watching AJ was interesting, and I find legit game strategy interesting, and even Talla loosing her decency has been interesting. Gary... not interesting.

Brekkie
07-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Technically speaking every UK evictee has had a standing ovation. Perhaps instead of booing the Elstree mob should just sit down instead to show their disapproval.

rk3388
07-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Not one person stood up for suzette if i remember correctly ;( wth

Brekkie
07-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Probably because she was the poorest player in Big Brother history. Although Tom was a dick, at least her was trying and he had pretty much carried the show over the first couple of weeks.

Donovan.
07-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah, but only Gary's family stood for him and he got the biggest cheers yet. It might be a production thing.

JTM45
08-04-2013, 02:15 AM
I think if a houseguest has acted really poorly then the audience should feel OK about showing their dissaproval.
I completely agree that UK BB's crowd are just an out of control bunch of mindless chavs who will boo and heckle anything that moves (except if it's another chav!) but it got that way because the BB UK production team allowed and even encouraged it. BB UK in general is imploding because of the way it's being managed (or mis-managed rather).
Alec deserves to be pelted with rotten food on his exit!:hugesmile:

Macie Lightfoot
08-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Probably because she was the poorest player in Big Brother history. Although Tom was a dick, at least her was trying and he had pretty much carried the show over the first couple of weeks.

Tom never carried anything.

JTM45
08-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Tom never carried anything.

.......apart from his massive head!:hugesmile:

I do actually think Tom contributed to the show more than Suzette did though. Suzette should never have been there in the first place if all she was going to do was talk about how she deserved the prize money because she had three kids at home. She should have stayed with her kids and maybe tried to get a job to look after them properly.

jyunga
08-04-2013, 03:24 AM
yeah but canadian crowd is too polite lol, im not saying they should boo, but a standing ovation for some of these evictees...really???

Why not? The person was part of a show for your enjoyment for a few weeks. In a few months when people start forgetting them it'll be a nice memory of it.

Wildcat!
08-04-2013, 05:16 AM
If you dont understand the cheers, You totally dont understand the goal of BBUSA, or Canada! The goal is to win, by outplaying the other housemates. Not convincing the viewing public in anyways, that you are a good person.
! Being an ass can be a strategy, because no one thinks you are a threat of winning. Evil Dick used that strategy to perfection. Made everyone hate him, until he snuck into the top 5. Then he started playing for real. Even the people who hated him, recognized the value of his strategy, and made him the winner.
You dont have to like them, most put on whatever act they feel will work!

The BBUK contestants, know how to win BBUK, so they act accordingly. They kiss up to the public. If some of them went on BB Canada, they will not act the same.

Thats why the public dont boo them. They understand whats its about. The UK public is watching a complely different show.

Roy Mars III
08-04-2013, 05:19 AM
If you dont understand the cheers, You totally dont understand the goal of BBUSA, or Canada! The goal is to win, by outplaying the other housemates. Not convincing the viewing public in anyways, that you are a good person.
! Being an ass can be a strategy, because no one thinks you are a threat of winning. Evil Dick used that strategy to perfection. Made everyone hate him, until he snuck into the top 5. Then he started playing for real. Even the people who hated him, recognized the value of his strategy, and made him the winner.

The BBUK contestants, know how to win BBUK, so they act accordingly. They kiss up to the public. If some of them went on BB Canada, they will not act the same.

Thats why the public dont boo them. They understand whats its about. The UK public is watching a complely different show.

Dick just acted like himself, there was no choice to play as an asshole. He is just an asshole in general. He only won because people didn't want to give it to Danielle who spent 99% of the summer being whining and having her dad do all the work. If Zach, who did nothing and had no friends, was up against Dick, he would have won

Though you are correct that is a good strategy, and the very strategy Dr. Will used in season 2 to stay in the game and win.

Mokka
08-04-2013, 05:26 AM
.......apart from his massive head!:hugesmile:

I do actually think Tom contributed to the show more than Suzette did though. Suzette should never have been there in the first place if all she was going to do was talk about how she deserved the prize money because she had three kids at home. She should have stayed with her kids and maybe tried to get a job to look after them properly.

Finally someone who see's Suzette for what she really was. I could not understand all the Suzette fanatics out there. She so did not belong in that house

Macie Lightfoot
08-04-2013, 06:40 AM

I don't even know how you invented this fan fiction. You're not allowed to boo in BBUS and I reckon it's the came for BBCA. And Dick wasn't some mastermind strategist, he was just an asshole who had a LOT of help to get to the end with Daniele and at that point the jury was just picking their poison.

Finally someone who see's Suzette for what she really was. I could not understand all the Suzette fanatics out there. She so did not belong in that house

She was a hilarious mess, what's not to love?