PDA

View Full Version : Do you think what the producers did to Topaz was fair?

Liberty4eva
01-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Do you think what happened to Topaz was fair by having her whole conversation broadcast to the whole house?

Having a conversation that you think is private being broadcast to the whole house? Doesn't really seem fair. People are not going to want to win HOH if it means stuff like this can happen. It's only Canada's first season so why do they feel the need to have a massive twist every other week?

BTW, I am now team Topaz. She has more balls than most of the males in the house and has a decent body. I hope she can turn things around BUT having lost Alec (who was using her) and being on the block with her strongest and only(?) ally, things aren't looking good.

Team Topaz!

BBUKAUSFAN
01-04-2013, 03:07 AM
so unfair and it basicly cost her any chance of winning the game and her shot at the prize is now gone.

Macie Lightfoot
01-04-2013, 03:39 AM
It's fair in the "expect the unexpected" realm but other than that, absolutely not.

JTM45
01-04-2013, 03:51 AM
If you've watched BB UK (which i'm sure you all have) then what happened to Topaz was nothing compared to what they do here as far as not keeping things private goes.
Anyone could have been in the same position as she was if they'd won HOH but it's how she handled it and her lack of being smart that has landed her in the sticky situation she is in.
The way they were all gathered in the living area and then Topaz was called up to the HOH room should have made it obvious to her that there was a good chance that the other housemates would be watching her.
As much as i detest Peter what he said was 100% correct. Why did she broadcast her thoughts instead of keeping them to herself. She wasn't smart and now she's paying the consequences.
If the nominations are kept the same then it's a win/win situation. Either Topaz or Gary go home.........YAY!!!

SoBig
01-04-2013, 03:55 AM
It was #$&# up.

BB Canada is garbage.

jyunga
01-04-2013, 03:59 AM
Could have been any of them winning it and having the same thing happen.

lostalex
01-04-2013, 09:26 AM
It's fair because no specific housemate was targeted. If anyone else was HoH they would have done the same thing, so it's fair. Now if it turns out they didn't have this planned from the beginning, and they did this specifically to hurt Topaz, that would be unfair. but I think they have all of these twists planned from before the season even started.

lostalex
01-04-2013, 09:28 AM
If you've watched BB UK (which i'm sure you all have) then what happened to Topaz was nothing compared to what they do here as far as not keeping things private goes.
Anyone could have been in the same position as she was if they'd won HOH but it's how she handled it and her lack of being smart that has landed her in the sticky situation she is in.
The way they were all gathered in the living area and then Topaz was called up to the HOH room should have made it obvious to her that there was a good chance that the other housemates would be watching her.
As much as i detest Peter what he said was 100% correct. Why did she broadcast her thoughts instead of keeping them to herself. She wasn't smart and now she's paying the consequences.
If the nominations are kept the same then it's a win/win situation. Either Topaz or Gary go home.........YAY!!!

but on BBUS they always have the HoH alone in the HoH room and they never show what they say. SO that's probably why Topaz trusted it wouldn't be shown. Every single week on BBUS Julie has a private interview with the HOH in the HOH room.

LemonJam
01-04-2013, 10:04 AM
It's not fair. I found it really frustrating to watch quite honestly but at the end of the day it's Big Brother, it's never really fair.

Petershaw1984
01-04-2013, 11:55 AM
If topaz is one of your faves then its not fair

If you hate topaz then is fair.

lostalex
01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
If topaz is one of your faves then its not fair

If you hate topaz then is fair.

Topaz and Gary are my favs, and I voted Fair. It's fair because the producers weren't targeting her. She just happened to be the HOH this week, but it could have been anyone.

Petershaw1984
01-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Topaz and Gary are my favs, and I voted Fair. It's fair because the producers weren't targeting her. She just happened to be the HOH this week, but it could have been anyone.

I like topaz and voted fair too. As you say it wasnt done to her because it was her its just because she was hoh.

Brekkie
01-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Do you think what happened to Topaz was fair by having her whole conversation broadcast to the whole house?

Having a conversation that you think is private being broadcast to the whole house?
It wasn't a conversation - she was talking to herself. I've no issue with it as although unfair on the surface and breaking the shows own rules, sometimes twists are all the better for breaking their own rules. Also she found herself in that position quite randomly and anyone except the last HoH could have been chosen, so it's not as if she was picked on. Also although Topaz outed her own game I don't really think the housemates learned anything they probably didn't know already.

but on BBUS they always have the HoH alone in the HoH room and they never show what they say. SO that's probably why Topaz trusted it wouldn't be shown. Every single week on BBUS Julie has a private interview with the HOH in the HOH room.
This is Canada, not BBUSA. There hasn't been a single private interview with the HoH, and being on Big Brother Topaz's alarm bells should surely have been ringing when she was sent to the HoH room for a chat with Arisa anyway.

Donovan.
01-04-2013, 10:48 PM

That was such crap. You just know that Peter would have taken the opportunity to take out loud and grab some more airtime. :joker:

Macie Lightfoot
01-04-2013, 11:39 PM

1) What happened to Topaz was nothing? Her whole game was exposed!
2) The fact that it could've happened to anyone doesn't make it fair. While I was not mad in the slightest when Suzette got Canada's PoV, that doesn't make it fair.
3) "Her lack of being smart" how is one supposed to act in a situation like this? There's no way to act smart or dumb in a twist that's never happened before.
4) She was called to the HoH Room before anyone was even let back inside so your point's invalid.
5) Nothing that Peter said was correct, he's just trying to desperately come off as better than everyone as usual. Topaz had absolutely no way in knowing that what she said would be broadcast to everyone and typically when the HoH is alone in the room making a decision (ie every single Pandora's Box in BBUS), production needs footage of them thinking out loud so the viewers can get in their head. This is exactly what Topaz was doing and this doesn't mean that she's not smart, holy ****ing **** just step back and realize that you're agreeing with PETER that should explain enough of your error.

It wasn't a conversation - she was talking to herself. I've no issue with it as although unfair on the surface and breaking the shows own rules, sometimes twists are all the better for breaking their own rules. Also she found herself in that position quite randomly and anyone except the last HoH could have been chosen, so it's not as if she was picked on. Also although Topaz outed her own game I don't really think the housemates learned anything they probably didn't know already.

This is Canada, not BBUSA. There hasn't been a single private interview with the HoH, and being on Big Brother Topaz's alarm bells should surely have been ringing when she was sent to the HoH room for a chat with Arisa anyway.

I don't see how there is a seemingly obvious link between "random HoH interview" and "everyone else getting to listen to my inner thoughts" so I'd love to be enlightened as to how these two things connect.

JTM45
02-04-2013, 03:41 AM
I love how your first point is made from half of my sentence while clearly choosing to ignore the second half of the sentence which puts the previous half into total context!:hugesmile:
One is supposed to act with at least a modicum of common sense, which clearly Topaz did not!!!
If something happens in the BB house that's a complete departure from what normally happens then surely anyone with half a brain would be suspicious, guarded and cautious about any decisions you're asked to make or things you're asked to do and also, most importantly, what you choose to say out loud (particularly criticizing, patronizing and belittling your fellow housemates!) from that point until you get clarity on exactly what is going on. It's common sense!!!
When Topaz realized she'd completely dropped herself (nobody else is responsible for what she said!) in the sh*t she reacted exactly like Tom would have by throwing her toys out of the pram and going on the offensive and in effect burning the few bridges she had left! She has nobody to blame but herself and her large mouth.:shrug:

Big Brother is on TV to provide entertainment and drama for the viewers, not to give people an easy, straightforward path to collect a large amount of cash without any hiccups or surprises along the way.:nono:

I thought it was hysterical to watch Topaz and Gary's smug plan fall apart right in front of our (and their) eyes! :laugh3:
Now we just need to see something similar happen to Alec and Peter's sickeningly arrogant "we're completely running this show" gameplan.
It's episodes like Sunday's that make Big Brother worth watching. Along with Tom and Liza double eviction episode Sunday's episode was probably the best one so far!:dance:

Macie Lightfoot
02-04-2013, 06:01 AM
I still don't see how what was done to Topaz is "nothing" compared to things that have been done on BBUK when the two shows are completely different. They don't compare at all. Topaz speaking out loud does not mean that she didn't act with a modicum of common sense because it's not common sense for her to think that people were listening to her. She was talking to Arisa in the HoH Room (which isn't uncommon in BBUS) and was talking out loud in the HoH Room (which, again, isn't uncommon in BBUS, the show that BBCA is using the format of.) There was absolutely no way for her to know or even suspect that people were going to listen to her so this isn't an issue of common sense. It's easy for you to say people should've been suspicious because you were able to see the whole thing from the comfort of your TV or computer and it's easy for the other HMs to say that Topaz should've seen it coming but hindsight is 20/20, but there was no way for her to see it in a twist that has never been done before. If you think it's common sense, you're either biased or ignorant. I'll go with biased because you're comparing Topaz's reaction to how Tom would've reacted when that wasn't the case at all. I don't even know what show you watched because you've been pulling **** out of nowhere that didn't even happen, like Topaz and Gary's plan being "smug" when that's far from the case. There's a different between a "hiccup or surprise along the way" and everyone getting to listen to your innermost thoughts for five whole minutes. And before you go on about how if Topaz was smart she would've kept her mouth shut (which already doesn't make sense on its own), Arisa wanted reasons so it's likely anyone would've gone in depth like a DR session because it was a seemingly confidential setting.

Marc
02-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I only wish it had happened to Peter :( Despite what he said I think he'd have spoken out loud as well

Roy Mars III
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Topaz, or as some call her Tompaz, is terrible, but it was not fair at all. I don't know what the producers are thinking. There is no need to do half the stupid **** they are doing

armand.kay
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Urgh this **** is only just acceptable on bbuk so why do they think its ok to to do it on a bbus format....

Marc
04-04-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't even know

Mokka
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Urgh this **** is only just acceptable on bbuk so why do they think its ok to to do it on a bbus format....

Because its BBCan format, and we do whatever the **** we want. We aren't American's, we aren't British.

Mystic Mock
04-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I read the poll wrong, I meant to click no as it isn't fair to ruin someones game in that kind of BB.

armand.kay
04-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Because its BBCan format, and we do whatever the **** we want. We aren't American's, we aren't British.
lmaoo Well the BBCan format is the same as the us format...What ever format you want to call it what they did isn't fair.

Mokka
04-04-2013, 06:00 PM
It was fair for all for all the arguments already made,

AND b/c its BB, who never does anything fair, and from which you can expect nothing to be fair because BB is only concerned about BB and not fairness.

Life isn't fair... and neither is BB... and that is fair b/c going into the game you know that.

armand.kay
04-04-2013, 06:18 PM
It was fair for all for all the arguments already made,

AND b/c its BB, who never does anything fair, and from which you can expect nothing to be fair because BB is only concerned about BB and not fairness.

Life isn't fair... and neither is BB... and that is fair b/c going into the game you know that.
Well bb is a competition so it should be fair...
and the tittle asked if its fair and I said no.

Mokka
04-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Was it fair when Connor won half of the prize money last season for not winning the game???

Was it fair when Speidi were given an advantage by watching their housemates for hours on end?

But, BB can change and make the rules at any given moment based on what BB wants, and the houseguests know that going in. That is the main rule of the game. Its the only rule in the competition really, that BB has ultimate power.

reece(:
04-04-2013, 07:11 PM
^That's different to sabotaging a housemates game

Mokka
04-04-2013, 08:02 PM
How is it different. Both scenarios changed the outcome of the game, and how people played the game. What Connor and Luke did and said in that room changed people's perception of them in the game. When Luke was shown talking to a modeling agent, it sabotaged his persona in the game. When Speidi saw people talking about them, it changed their opinion on the people in the game, and when the housemates saw Speidi it was the same. All scenarios were actually set up to sabotage specific individuals.

At least here the producers did not set out to attack Topaz. They set out to see if they could shake up the game on anyone who won the next HoH. It wasn't deliberately unfair to her or unfair to anyone as the way someone reacted couldn't be known. BB didn't ask her to talk out loud and reveal her thoughts, she just did it to herself.

Macie Lightfoot
04-04-2013, 10:38 PM
BB didn't ask her to talk out loud and reveal her thoughts, she just did it to herself.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did tbh. Either way Arisa asked her for explanations so she would've spilled the beans regardless.

SoBig
05-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Well then that explains why BB Canada is garbage.