PDA

View Full Version : Bosses rapped over Charlie Brooks' daughter task

Marcus.
09-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here bosses have been rapped by TV watchdog Ofcom over last years bush tucker trial which involved Charlie Brooks and her daughter.

The last series of the ITV show saw Charlie’s daughter Kiki involved in a door to door challenge.

The young girl was offered up as a “prize” if Charlie picked the correct door, however she didn’t and missed out on an early reunion.

Telly watchdog Ofcom had 66 complaints from viewers over the “exploitive” challenge, and this week those complaints were upheld.

In its ruling, Ofcom said it had “serious concerns” about the scenes.

They added: “In our view, the appearance of a seven-year-old child placed in such a scenario would have gone beyond the likely expectations of the audience for this programme, which rather would have expected consenting adults to participate in the challenges featured on I’m a Celebrity…”

Meanwhile, ITV said that “the possible emotional impact on Kiki of having an opportunity to meet her mother, given this would be denied should her mother be unsuccessful in the challenge, was considered carefully.”

They went on to say that Kiki’s grandmother who was looking after had giving consents for the challenge to go ahead

Kizzy
09-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I thought this was a bit OTT, showing her visibly upset by it really got to me :(

Marcus.
09-04-2013, 02:17 PM
I thought this was a bit OTT, showing her visibly upset by it really got to me :(

yeah i was not happy they did that

Niamh.
09-04-2013, 02:18 PM
That task more or less won the show for Charlie

lostalex
09-04-2013, 02:19 PM
total BS. she went on the show knowing that she wouldn't be allowed to see her kids. She would be totally isolated. It's not cruel at all, in fact it's nice that they gave her the opportunity.

Ofcom is such a joke. I always find it funny when Brits make fun of Americans for the FCC's reaction of Janet Jackson's nip-slip, but Ofcom is a million times more ridiculous than the FCC.

(and you shouldn't say rapped, it looks like raped, you might offend someone!)