PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical situation #3

Vicky.
10-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Another :joker:

You live next door to a very sweet 78 year old lady names Mrs Patterson. Her pride and joy is her garden, that she has maintained perfectly for the past 4 years, since her husband died. Every day she is out tending to the various beautiful flowers she has, and cleaning the memorial bench she has in there.

On the other side of you lives a couple with a 11 year old child named Joe. You know for a fact that the father beats the child on a regular basis, whenever he does something 'wrong'. You have reported it to social services and the police several times but they are very good liars, and nothing has ever been done about it. You know the child has a miserable life. The beatings seem worse each time. Last time Joe ended up with a broken nose (explained away as he fell down the stairs)

At 4am this morning, you wake up to the sound of banging. You look out of your bedroom window and see Joe jumping all over Mrs Pattersons garden. All around him lie uprooted flowers too, he has clearly been trashing the garden for quite some time, however the memorial bench remains untouched. He looks up at your window, sees you and runs back into his house. You are extremely tired so you just go back to sleep until the morning.

You are woken at 8am by a knock at your door. It is Mrs Patterson in tears. Someone has trashed her garden. She wants to know if you heard/saw anything.

You pause before answering.

If you tell her it was Joe, she will tell his parents and he will 'earn' another beating..more severe than the last. Flowers can easily be planted again, you think..and he showed a bit of respect by leaving the memorial bench alone.

On the other hand, you have a crying old lady on your doorstep and the child DID do wrong.

What do you say?

Black Dagger
10-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I do like these hypothetical situations, they intrigue me, will get back to you on this one.

Vicky.
10-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I do like these hypothetical situations, they intrigue me, will get back to you on this one.

I'm glad to hear that as I feel like I am spamming :laugh:

Niamh.
10-04-2013, 02:23 PM
hhhmmm, I don't think I'd tell her but would offer to help her fix up the garden. I'd have a word with Joe though and tell him that if he went near her property again I would tell his parents and the police

Marsh.
10-04-2013, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't dob him in, but I'd probably offer the old lady help fixing her garden.

Roy Mars III
10-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Say I saw Joe's father destroying the garden and get him locked up for destroying private property.

Niamh.
10-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Say I saw Joe's father destroying the garden and get him locked up for destroying private property.

:laugh2: Genius.

AnnieK
10-04-2013, 02:25 PM
God Vicky...this one is a tough one.

I would probably confide in Mrs Patterson that I did hear something and tell her the situation, the reasons behind it are because of a very sad and abused child. I would then offer to help her with fixing up her garden and hope that she remains silent.

Had "Joe" not seen me looking I probably would have said I heard nothing but I wouldn't want to be caught out in a lie.

I would have a quiet word with him next time and explain the implications if he was caught and hope it was a one off vent of frustration from a troubled boy.

Novo
10-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Think Roy has solved this one

Vanessa
10-04-2013, 02:28 PM
I would keep quiet. I wouldn't want the poor child to get beaten up again. :(

Marsh.
10-04-2013, 02:28 PM
I forgot about the Joe seeing me in the window part. I'm no good with details. :laugh:

Cherie
10-04-2013, 02:58 PM
I'd tell Mrs Patterson I had my own problems before slamming the door in her face.

Nah, I'd probably confide in her the reasons I don't want Joe implicated and then get my hoe out.

Kizzy
10-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Nothing.
But have a quiet word with joe and give him some info and offer all the help i could, maybe ask him to help me and the old dear re-plant her garden?

Livia
10-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Honestly, if I knew what kind of a life the kid had, and the fact he was beaten and had his nose broken, I would have called social services aaaaaaaaaaages ago.

Vicky.
10-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Honestly, if I knew what kind of a life the kid had, and the fact he was beaten and had his nose broken, I would have called social services aaaaaaaaaaages ago.

You have reported it to social services and the police several times but they are very good liars, and nothing has ever been done about it

:tongue:

Livia
10-04-2013, 03:21 PM
:tongue:

Ahhh right. Didn't read it properly. I'd ask the local MP to have one of his case workers liaise with the police and social services, and speak to my local council cabinet member for Child Services and bloody make sure they did something.

I'd also explain what was happening to the elderly neighbour and give her a hand.

Jords
10-04-2013, 04:39 PM
I know nothing me speaky no English

Petershaw1984
10-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Id say I didnt know and offer to help fix the mess. Then have a wprd with the child

Ninastar
10-04-2013, 05:12 PM
I'd tell her it was the kid, then me, the old woman and the dad could beat him up together

Marcus.
10-04-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't think I'd tell her but would offer to help her fix up the garden. I'd talk to him tell him that dont do it again and if he did i would have to do something

Ninastar
10-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Is it just me who imagines a kid off the sims destroying the garden? Oh okay.

sooty
10-04-2013, 05:40 PM
I will take this incidence as a good opportunity to arrest Joe's father.

I will talk with Joe quietly not to do it. But Joe's behaviour must be caused by frustration by his father beating him up.

If it is possible, Joe, Mrs Patterson (tell her about Joe's father) and police work together and get hard evidence of father's violence.

Joe will wear secret recorder inside his cloth provided by police. Mrs Patterson will tell Joe's father what his son did it to her garden.
After Mrs Patterson left his house, obviously father will start to beat Joe up. Police will wait outside van listening to their conversation.

As soon as Police hear the beating up (I hope Joe will be strong, as this should be the end of his father's violence) enter the house.
They will arrest father - catch the scene beating his son - hard evidence.

If police would agree to do it. Otherwise it could not work. Poor Joe.

Me. I Am Salman
10-04-2013, 05:57 PM
I'd tell the truth, surely a child being out at 4am is evidence of bad parents and would prompt the police to investigate

Niamh.
10-04-2013, 09:06 PM
I will take this incidence as a good opportunity to arrest Joe's father.

I will talk with Joe quietly not to do it. But Joe's behaviour must be caused by frustration by his father beating him up.

If it is possible, Joe, Mrs Patterson (tell her about Joe's father) and police work together and get hard evidence of father's violence.

Joe will wear secret recorder inside his cloth provided by police. Mrs Patterson will tell Joe's father what his son did it to her garden.
After Mrs Patterson left his house, obviously father will start to beat Joe up. Police will wait outside van listening to their conversation.

As soon as Police hear the beating up (I hope Joe will be strong, as this should be the end of his father's violence) enter the house.
They will arrest father - catch the scene beating his son - hard evidence.

If police would agree to do it. Otherwise it could not work. Poor Joe.

Sooty P.I. :laugh:

Ryan57
10-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Say I don't know. Speak to the kid. Get him to pay me so we dress up and jump his Dad when he goes out one day. Then take him under my wing, and if he breaks down and crys and admit he did it to his Dad and bring me into it I'll drop him like a ton of bricks and claim he has been prank calling me.

Oh yeah, about the garden. Get her to do it herself. I'm not Alan Titchmarsh.

HD
10-04-2013, 09:24 PM
He deserves a beating, he's obviously a little bastard to do something like that to an old lady.

I'm ****ing furious!!

Ryan57
10-04-2013, 09:28 PM
He deserves a beating, he's obviously a little bastard to do something like that to an old lady.

I'm ****ing furious!!

Would you tempt him in first? Like act kind, think you've gained his trust, then absolutely batter the little tw@t?

sooty
10-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Sooty P.I. :laugh:

What is P.I.?:hugesmile:

sooty
10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I do not know why I am laughing.:p

Ninastar
10-04-2013, 09:39 PM

poopy inbred

(kidding, it's Private Investigator)

Niamh.
10-04-2013, 09:42 PM

Private Investigator :laugh:

HD
10-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Would you tempt him in first? Like act kind, think you've gained his trust, then absolutely batter the little tw@t?

absolutely!

(Love the sig)

GypsyGoth
10-04-2013, 11:03 PM
I would tell her it was Joe, he sounds like a right little ****.

I'd tell her it was the kid, then me, the old woman and the dad could beat him up together

:laugh2:

Jake.
10-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Wouldn't tell her it was the kid but would buy her some flower seeds from homebase

Shaun
10-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Tell her it was the kid but also explain their situation... the more people that know about it and can vouch for the domestic violence the better.

EddyEagal
12-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Give the old lady some money to get help with the garden or to buy new plants, and I'd speak with Joe to tell him he did wrong and warn him that if he did it again then I'd go the police/talk to parents.

sooty
13-04-2013, 04:33 PM
poopy inbred

(kidding, it's Private Investigator)

Ninastar!!

Oh ok:hugesmile:

sooty
13-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Private Investigator :laugh:

I learnt new words.:p :hugesmile:

Niamh.
13-04-2013, 09:41 PM