PDA

View Full Version : X Factor bosses invite Gamu Nhengu back... but it's a no from her

Marcus.
26-04-2013, 01:37 PM
X Factor bosses have apparently asked Gamu Nhengu back to the show.

The teenager was the centre of controversy back in 2010 after she didn’t make the live shows.

Girls’ mentor Cheryl Cole opted to take Cher Lloyd, Katie Waissel, Treyc Cohen and Rebecca Ferguson through to the live finals, much to the disappointment of viewers.

But not making the finals was only the start of the story, with Gamu then facing deportation back to Zimbabwe along with her mother after her appearance on the show.

Some years on and Gamu is now settled in the UK and even has her own record deal.

However she claimed that bosses from The X Factor had approached her to return to the series.

“I was asked to audition again, but I turned it down because I felt ready to do my own thing,” she said.

Despite the outrage from viewers over her axe and the stress it caused, Gamu insisted she had “no regrets” about auditioning.

“It’s just going to make a great chapter in the biography — the experience has made me a much stronger, compassionate person,” she told the Daily Mail. “I thought I was mature at 18, but what happened taught me to see the world from a whole different perspective. Now there’s nothing I am not ready for.

“I’m more happy and centred myself. I’m not aiming to be on the cover of every magazine. I just want to concentrate on my music.”

well done to her

GiRTh
26-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Good for her.

Patrick
27-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Bullsh*tting little bitch. :laugh:

Suze
27-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Gamu doesn't need X Factor anymore. Not her fault that that Cheryl never knew a good singer and possible show winner when she saw one. Gamu seems to be doing just fine without X Factor :)

Jordan.
27-04-2013, 06:16 PM
I thought she got deported

Mystic Mock
27-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Tbh Gamu would've just been the so called shock elimination anyway so she was smart to stay away from the show as I would've dreaded what song choices she would've been given week on week.