PDA

View Full Version : Is it going to be any good?

WILDCHILD
06-11-2002, 06:56 PM
Big Brother 1 was a BIG success and was majorly popular. It was a novelty.
Celebrity Big Brother 1 was a success because, it was also a novelty.]
Big Brother 2 was big and Bb3 wasnt (well, in our opinions!). Will celeb bb2 be like bb2 in that it will be exciting and a bit different?
what I am basically trying to say is do you reckon it is going to be any good? to put it bluntly! there hasnt been much discussion over it. i know its hard to say seeing as we know nothing but will you all be watching!! (i hope so):colour::flower::colour:

*Disco*
06-11-2002, 07:07 PM
The added dimension of celebrity is still very much a novalty in reality television. The success of I'm A Celeb.. is an example of this.

Part of the appeal of CBB is that rather than constructing stereotypes of the housemates, we deconstruct the pre-conceived layers of celebrity. Subconciousely we have expectations of the housemates, and we are fascinated when these expectations are blown apart.

Romantic Old Bird
06-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Plus, they all knock themselves out to try to convince us that their motives are altruistic, when we know they are desperately trying rekindle their careers.

Always worth a :laugh:

jbellemeg
06-11-2002, 09:49 PM
According to the press, this years CBB is going to be on for ten days and not as last years seven. They also say we won't know until the day what celeb's are going into the house. Anyone have any ideas who they might be?:thumbs:

steve_o
06-11-2002, 11:58 PM
I'll watch it as I loved the last celeb big brother, especially Vanasses whinging:laugh:after a couple of hours. The site of Anthea in the tight pants task was also pretty good as well.:shocked::thumbs::love:

:spin:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

susieq
07-11-2002, 12:07 AM
From what I can gather in the paper today - Denise Welch has been asked and is seriously considering it. According to her the final group haven't been chosen yet and won't be until a couple of days before.

James
07-11-2002, 01:05 AM
Well I didn't watch the last Celeb Big Brother so I don't know how good this one will be.

What was the last one like? Was it any good?

LEE
07-11-2002, 08:56 PM
A Quote from the Daily Record:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMICS Graham Norton and Dawn French will be housemates in the next celebrity Big Brother.

Radio 2 DJ Johnnie Walker let slip the news on air yesterday.

Walker said: "Oops - I shouldn't have told you that. It's meant to be secret till later in the month."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:flower:

WILDCHILD
07-11-2002, 11:05 PM
Graham Norton and Dawn French?!!:colour::colour::colour:
I remember they were rumoured to go in but didnt think nothing of it!
They willl be a right pair in the house!! :joker:

Kaz
08-11-2002, 12:06 AM
I have my doubts that Graham Norton WILL be in Celebrity BB, especially after reading this in next week's Radio Times:

Q What will the forthcoming series of Celebrity Big Brother do for Graham Norton?

A Not a lot. Although Norton was approached to go on the show, he turned it down because of his work schedule. In fact, he's not a big fan of the idea, in which the winning celeb donates money to charity. "The best way for a celebrity to support a charity is to get their cheque book out and write a big fat cheque," he says. It's as simple as writing an autograph, apparently.

I think they're really teasing us now about just who WILL be in the show ....... and we'll have to wait until the night to find out for sure! :spin2:

Amy
08-11-2002, 02:24 PM
I hope celeb bb is good i really enjoyed the last one :thumbs::hello::thumbs:

BigSister
09-11-2002, 10:47 AM
I cant wait for CBB2

It looks good:hugesmile:

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant: