PDA

View Full Version : Celeb. BB2 -v- Fame Academy

Kaz
07-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Found this article in today's Sun Online:

Big Bruv KOs Fame Academy

FLOP BBC1 talent show FAME ACADEMY is running scared after it was re-scheduled to avoid a clash with CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER.

The Beeb’s £30million programme is screened on Friday when viewers find out who has been kicked out.

But its Channel 4 rival, which starts on November 20, comes to a head on Friday, November 29.

Beeb bosses fear they will be slaughtered in the ratings battle - so have switched that week’s episode to the following Sunday.

A BBC source said: “We’re not stupid. We know if we went up against Big Brother we would get annihilated.”

Fame Academy viewing figures have dipped to 3.3million.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The BBC don't appear to have much faith in Fame Academy, do they? :bawling:

I have to say I think it's getting much better and the students are definitely improving by leaps and bounds - but I think the BBC made a big mistake in not broadcasting a half hour programme every evening to keep the public updated and involved, like the C4 BB programmes.

The final of Celeb. Big Brother would definitely win for me, though. :thumbs:

WILDCHILD
07-11-2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah, even though Fame Academy is getting better, its not going to make me choose it over Big Brother. That will always be my top priority!
Can't wait for it to get started! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/natur/flower.gif