PDA

View Full Version : Fame Academy Album Review

LEE
12-12-2002, 08:08 PM
CLICK HERE (http://www.scotlandonsunday.com/thereview.cfm?id=1359352002) to read a review of the Fame Academy Album.

I didn't know that Lemar had a record out on the BMG label last year :shocked:

:flower:

Mairi
12-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Thanks for posting up the review, LEE.

For anyone who has the album, what is your favourite track?

Mine is "Lullaby".

I must admit, though, I was a little disappointed that David's lovely song "Living A Lie" wasn't included on the album.

:dance:

Janette
12-12-2002, 08:57 PM
From what I gather, if David wins tomorrow, his single will be "Living A Lie"

VOTE FOR DAVID IF YOU WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!!!

peachy
13-12-2002, 08:07 AM
That was a really interesting review, Lee. I often thought it odd that Lemar never talked about his singing experience, when it was quite obvious that he'd had loads. I bet he was told to keep that quiet. He was clearly the teacher's favourite to win from the beginning and as a result coasted along until the last couple of weeks. After which, it finally dawned on him, or more likely he was told, that he was in a reality TV show and he better make some attempt to actually entertain us in between Friday nights. His efforts to make himself interesting have, I'm afraid, been pretty dire despite acres of footage devoted to them.

It was a very unfair playing field which was set up from the start with people like Marli, Ainslie and Lemar having had tons of experience set up against someone like Malachi, a gas fitter, who'd never left Northern Ireland and had only sung at weddings and funerals. However, it did make for a fascinating reality TV show and the fact that most of the obvious favourites have fallen by the wayside made it even more engrossing.

Well done Endemol for making a good programme, after what was in my mind, the dreadful disaster of BB3. I hope that they've learned that there is more to good entertainment than setting up conflict. What marked out FA for me was that the contestants never fell out with each other and spent very little time moaning. They were supportive of each other in the main (Chris and Marli excepted) and were a nice bunch of people.

BigSister
13-12-2002, 02:36 PM
I really want this alblum

It looks great

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Amy
13-12-2002, 07:22 PM
I've have the album and i'm playing it all the time! It's great :thumbs: I only wish David and Sinead's own songs were on it too but it's still great :hugesmile:

Boris
13-12-2002, 08:02 PM
hello Peach old thing.
Havn't heard anything from you in a while but you just made up for it, I think...!

WELL SAID !!!

:love::love::dazzler::love::love:

Amy
11-01-2003, 12:05 PM
I don't know if everyone knows this but the cd has extra footage on it! click here for info (http://fameacademy.digitalinsert.com/index.cfm?prId=CD1)

:wavey:

Amy
11-01-2003, 12:10 PM
ok, it's not on the cd but you need the cd to access the above link, you get some video footage and images :thumbs: They are excellent images :thumbs:

Di2001
11-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Amy, thanks for telling me about this. I've just put my Fame Academy CD in and you are right, great pics!! There's also an audio section and video section too. Brilliant stuff!!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

bbceleb1
11-01-2003, 04:10 PM
it wont work for me, i put the cd in and pressed ok but nothing happens :bawling: help!

Amy
11-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Did you buy the cd from woolworths?? I don't know if this has anything to do with it :conf::conf::conf: It might be this but i can't answer the question other than that sorry :bawling::blush::bawling::conf:

Di2001
12-01-2003, 10:35 AM
I've just checked with hubby (who bought it for me for Christmas!) and he says he bought his in W H Smith.

Hope you can get it to work bbceleb1.

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

bbceleb1
12-01-2003, 10:39 AM
Hi
Thanks guys im gonna try again, i we got ours from tesco, umm strange!