PDA

View Full Version : FA Teachers

finch
14-12-2002, 09:24 PM
this is really for live streaming addicts but - who was your favourite tutor?

Mairi
14-12-2002, 09:44 PM
That's a hard one, finch, because they were all so good but if I HAVE to choose just one it'll have to be Kevin.

A hard taskmaster but SO caring with them all. A great guy.

:hello:

James
14-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Kevin - the funniest person in the Academy.

Amy
15-12-2002, 10:12 AM
I liked all the teachers as they were really good to the students but Kevin and Carrie were the best in my eyes :thumbs:

Janette
15-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Jo

She was in the background a lot and let Carrie shine in front of the camera, but her behind the scenes work was fantastic, and she has taught David so much on the piano!

:thumbs:

finch
15-12-2002, 05:08 PM
I thought Jo was brilliant

Jeremy and Richard just sort of buggered off towards the end.

Richard could have made this a lot more interesting, but allowed bad behaviour to go by early on and then lost control

Boris
15-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Jo was BRILLIANT, but the others........

Am I the only one who thinks the others were a load of camera conscious posers !
The only thing genuine about them was that they were being paid to do a job which they loved because it was in front of the camera ALL the time and would give them fame when they are usually invisible.They enjoyed every minute. Carrie changed her opinion and comments almost every time Richard disagreed with her. I found it very difficult to watch and listen to them but had to as I was totaly 'hooked' on the work process of the students. I suppose it is inevitable that working in the entertainment industry will make one into a 'luvvie' and ' opinionated luvvies' they all were.:mad::

Romantic Old Bird
16-12-2002, 02:03 PM
I enjoyed the contributions of most, although a few were really hogging the limelight themselves.

I thought Jo was the grafter of them all.

By the way, we knew Kevin Adams had choreographed Jade's workout video, so it won't come as an enormous surprise to you to find out who did Helen's:

Adams: The choreographer was Kevin Adams--no relation! We hit it off straight away, which was great. I could say to him, oooh, can we put in a kick, or can we do this, and then we'd work it out.

Amazon.co.uk: Celebrity work-outs seem to always feature the celebrity with the expert, but you don't present the work-out with Kevin--it's you doing the teaching.

Adams: Not anyone can teach dance. The thing is I am a qualified dance teacher. I've passed exams, proper exams which don't just involve dancing, but with tests on muscles and ligaments and that sort of thing. I belong to two dance associations, so I'm serious about it. It's not that I always know what I'm talking about, but I do know quite a bit about dance. I know I'll probably get a lot of stick for doing this video, but at the end of the day, I've got my certificates to prove I can do it.

I wonder if he was hard on her, or just let her chill her boots?..........

finch
16-12-2002, 07:57 PM
I think Kevin was the best but I love Carrie from her previous work

bigbrofan
17-12-2002, 08:21 PM
I think Carrie is SOOOOOO lovely:love::love::blush:

Kaz
17-12-2002, 08:53 PM
I thought Jo was the teacher who actually taught the students the most. She was fantastic - very quiet and out of the limelight, but always on hand to advise them on chords, harmonies, or which key they should be singing in. Interestingly? neither she or Jeremy had a say in which student should be A grade student or up for probation. :conf:

Pam, on the other hand, was to me a total waste of space. Supposedly there to encourage the students in their songwriting, she rarely mustered much enthusiasm for any of their efforts, preferring to take every opportunity to mention that she had co-written 'Genie in a Bottle' for Christina Aguilera (yawn) - and even had Camilla sing the song for survival! (unsuccessfully!). She even said in the final that Sinead had had her song 'written for her', when anyone with the live feed could see that Sinead had a big input herself into writing 'Breakdown'. Not impressed with Pam at all. :mad: