PDA

View Full Version : BB6 or BB7?

Daniel.
28-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Do you prefer BB6 or BB7 and why?

It's a hard one for me as they are my two favourite series and both had great characters but I will go with BB6 - it is far more consistent in terms of drama plus the tasks in 6 are alot better, as are the twists - my favourite twist ever being lie week. In BB6 something happened near enough everyday, BB7 did get boring at times in the second half of the series though (the brilliant first half makes up for it though).

BB6 probably had less deadwood than 7 too, the only dull HM in 6 was Eugene but in 7 there were actually a fair few.

Vicky.
28-07-2013, 06:06 PM
BB6. It never really got boring. BB7 died halfway through.

Patrick
28-07-2013, 06:10 PM
BB6.

Will never understand the love for BB7 - it's purely down to nostalgia, 2006 was a fantastic year and people can't put it behind them.

If they did, they'd realise the housemates were sh*t and the series itself was nothing special.

BB6 was fantastic from start to finish as Vicky said, and the housemates were superb.

Samm
28-07-2013, 06:28 PM
BB6. I have not watched BB6 since 2005 I am going to watch it all again after I finish watching CBB3.

LikeABoatOnWater
28-07-2013, 06:48 PM
BB6 of course.
The only reason BB7 has such a following is because it was the first season to air in the 9pm primetime slot and hence is a lot of peoples first season.

Daniel.
28-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Well I only watched BB7 for the first time last year so for me liking BB7 has nothing to do with time slot.

I just thought Grace, Nikki, Aisleyne, Lea and a few others were great housemates who provided a lot - plus the first half of the series was BB gold with all the stuff going on.

Ultimately though I agree the second half got dull in parts and BB6 was better.

Macie Lightfoot
28-07-2013, 08:36 PM
BB6.

Will never understand the love for BB7 - it's purely down to nostalgia, 2006 was a fantastic year and people can't put it behind them.

If they did, they'd realise the housemates were sh*t and the series itself was nothing special.

BB6 was fantastic from start to finish as Vicky said, and the housemates were superb.

alol you're the exact same way about BB9 though.

Anyways, BB7 for me. BB6 took too long for things to heat up and for an actual storyline to develop, the first three weeks or so were just baseless arguments which are only good to some degree. BB7, especially the first six weeks, was amazing from a narrative perspective.

Patrick
28-07-2013, 08:38 PM
alol you're the exact same way about BB9 though.

Hardly? I love alot of series - BB9 just happens to be my favourite, for many reasons.

BB9 isn't over rated. BB7 clearly is.

Gstar
28-07-2013, 08:41 PM
BB6, no question.

2005 nostalgia > 2006 nostalgia

Macie Lightfoot
28-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Hardly? I love alot of series - BB9 just happens to be my favourite, for many reasons.

BB9 isn't over rated. BB7 clearly is.

A lot of people love a lot of series, and BB7 just happens to be a lot of people's favorite for many reasons. You act the exact same way about BB9 that you criticize people for acting about BB7.

LemonJam
28-07-2013, 10:09 PM
the first couple of weeks of BB7 were great and probably amongst the best starters for a series, but it died down and had some really dull characters whereas BB6 really was the gift that kept on giving and everyone played a decent part in the series as a whole.

Shaun
28-07-2013, 10:26 PM
BB7 had the best first fortnight. Shahbaz's meltdown, Dawn's weird rulebreaks, Sezer's eviction, BONNEH~, the Brotherhood resulting in two bores being up for eviction :love:

but then came the pointless addition of housemates: Jayne, Jennie, Michael and Spiral were terrible additions (however I liked Jennie, she didn't do anything). And bringing back evictees. It just tried too hard. Sam and Aisleyne were good additions though, and the tasks were pretty good on the whole. Just a couple too many boring "pretty" people (Imogen, Mikey).

Patrick
28-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Jennie and Spiral :love: I always had a soft spot for Jennie even if she was a dullard - glad I'm not alone on that Shaun.

Patrick
28-07-2013, 10:33 PM
A lot of people love a lot of series, and BB7 just happens to be a lot of people's favorite for many reasons. You act the exact same way about BB9 that you criticize people for acting about BB7.

I find your weird obsession and bullying of me, quite annoying.

Stop it now.

LikeABoatOnWater
28-07-2013, 10:35 PM
tbf BB9 was utter tripe

Jake.
28-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Ah I loved Jennie

Daniel.
28-07-2013, 10:43 PM
BB7 had the best first fortnight. Shahbaz's meltdown, Dawn's weird rulebreaks, Sezer's eviction, BONNEH~, the Brotherhood resulting in two bores being up for eviction :love:

but then came the pointless addition of housemates: Jayne, Jennie, Michael and Spiral were terrible additions (however I liked Jennie, she didn't do anything). And bringing back evictees. It just tried too hard. Sam and Aisleyne were good additions though, and the tasks were pretty good on the whole. Just a couple too many boring "pretty" people (Imogen, Mikey).

I think the first month of BB7 is actually the best chunk of BB ever not just the first fortnight but I see your point about it going downhill with the HND - Only Jennie and Jayne were good additions.

I always liked Imogen though and wouldn't consider her boring.

Macie Lightfoot
28-07-2013, 11:12 PM
I find your weird obsession and bullying of me, quite annoying.

Stop it now.

Oh jeez, now we're using the b word? :rolleyes: that's a joke.

Patrick
28-07-2013, 11:36 PM
tbf BB9 was utter tripe

It was 10 times better than BB8 and arguably the last good series on Channel 4, that's why it stands out.

reece(:
28-07-2013, 11:41 PM
It was 10 times better than BB8 and arguably the last good series on Channel 4, that's why it stands out.
10 times worse* ;)

reece(:
28-07-2013, 11:43 PM
I think the first month of BB7 is actually the best chunk of BB ever not just the first fortnight but I see your point about it going downhill with the HND - Only Jennie and Jayne were good additions.

I always liked Imogen though and wouldn't consider her boring.

I agree with all this, the male HND'ers were awful. The series died quite a bit from then until Grace and co returned, which unlike others I thought was a great twist (ex-HM back in).

Daniel.
28-07-2013, 11:54 PM
I agree with all this, the male HND'ers were awful. The series died quite a bit from then until Grace and co returned, which unlike others I thought was a great twist (ex-HM back in).

I loved the HM return twist too. Grace, Nikki and Lea made the series (along with Ash) so it was so good seeing them return. No idea why Mikey was voted back though, he left a few days before and hated how he was all friendly with Ash before he left then bitched about her in the HND.:conf: Should of been Jayne, Lisa or even Susie - her and Grace in the same house after the water throwing would of been brilliant.:joker:

Macie Lightfoot
29-07-2013, 12:01 AM
It wouldn't have been that brilliant because Grace would've just bitched about her behind her back but then say nothing to her face. Corinne Kaplans to the left.

reece(:
29-07-2013, 12:02 AM
I loved the HM return twist too. Grace, Nikki and Lea made the series (along with Ash) so it was so good seeing them return. No idea why Mikey was voted back though, he left a few days before and hated how he was all friendly with Ash before he left then bitched about her in the HND.:conf: Should of been Jayne, Lisa or even Susie - her and Grace in the same house after the water throwing would of been brilliant.:joker:
I wanted to see Sam or Lisa back instead of Mikey but I guess out of the males available he was the most appropriate

Daniel.
21-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Sorry to drag an old thread up but I've added a poll to this now :dazzler:

Me. I Am Salman
21-01-2014, 06:35 PM
BB7 <3

Black Dagger
21-01-2014, 06:36 PM
6 by a country mile. Like it's not even close.

Pete.
21-01-2014, 06:56 PM
BB7 > BB6 soz

Daniel.
21-01-2014, 07:02 PM
BB7 > BB6 soz

The poll disagrees so far, as to most of the posts in this thread :dazzler:

Natalie.
21-01-2014, 07:05 PM
BB6!!

Me. I Am Salman
21-01-2014, 07:13 PM
The poll disagrees so far, as to most of the posts in this thread :dazzler:

the ratings disprove everything :dazzler:

Alf
21-01-2014, 07:19 PM
yfB_yys29KI

m0YyhNW9AlE

DspBff72mcU

RJlvUF7XmPc

T_tkeEDuizk

CEKZFVGZcYM

x8dOVA4Mbt0

Daniel.
21-01-2014, 07:26 PM
the ratings disprove everything :dazzler:

Ratings dont really have anything on the quality of a series given that BB4 got higher ratings than any series BB8 and after :dazzler:

Daniel.
21-01-2014, 07:47 PM
T_tkeEDuizk

:joker: Derek :lovedup:

Macie Lightfoot
21-01-2014, 08:46 PM
7 has a much stronger overall story and forward plot movement so that's my answer

Me. I Am Salman
21-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Ratings dont really have anything on the quality of a series given that BB4 got higher ratings than any series BB8 and after :dazzler:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwivhr6TON1r1154g.png

Daniel.
21-01-2014, 08:54 PM
7 has a much stronger overall story and forward plot movement so that's my answer

The main story stops when Grace and Lisa are prematurely evicted though, the BB6 divide turning into the Craig and Anthony story whilst Makosi's group turned on eachother was better

Shaun
21-01-2014, 08:55 PM
not even close, 6.

Samm
21-01-2014, 09:22 PM
BB6 <3

Macie Lightfoot
21-01-2014, 10:46 PM
The main story stops when Grace and Lisa are prematurely evicted though, the BB6 divide turning into the Craig and Anthony story whilst Makosi's group turned on eachother was better

Not really though? Like, Aisleyne existed. BB6 took a long time to get some forward plot movement going and the divide was rather uninspired. There were a lot of random, pointless, baseless arguments that were entertaining in isolation but that doesn't make much of a story.

Glenn.
21-01-2014, 10:55 PM
BB6

It was the first series I watched from the beginning and stuck with it. I had the last 2 weeks to catch up on because I was in Florida.

Redway
21-01-2014, 11:01 PM
BB6, no contest. BB7 was also very good but they seemed to be trying too hard with their seemingly endless obsession with bringing back former housemates and introducing new ones halfway through. Got off to an absolutely cracking start, though, and Nikki's diary room entries were hilarious. :laugh:

But in a way it marks the beginning of the end of BB as the press were definitely critical of Pete's severe Tourette's and Nikki's extreme OCD/anorexia, along with Shabazz's mental breakdown. It's the last majorly popular series they had and they've been playing it safe ever since, IMO.

Daniel.
22-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Not really though? Like, Aisleyne existed. BB6 took a long time to get some forward plot movement going and the divide was rather uninspired. There were a lot of random, pointless, baseless arguments that were entertaining in isolation but that doesn't make much of a story.

I agree that BB7's story started from pretty much the word go as the Sezer/Grace/Imogen/Mikey clique started up pretty quickly but as much as you dislike her, Grace was vital to the dynamics of the house and without her the divide and story derailed a bit and moved on to the everyone loves Pete and Nikki hates Aisleyne storylines. BB6 was pretty much the opposite in that there was no story till around week 3 (thought obvy I love the opening weeks, its madness) but once it really got going it was heads and shoulders above 7 and the story lasted longer as the Makosi group had to start turning on eachother to make it the furthest once they got rid of Max and Saskia

Loukas
22-01-2014, 12:13 AM
BB7 was excellent but it still has to be BB6

Makosi, Kemal, Derek, Vanessa, Science, Kinga, Eugene :worship:

reece(:
22-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Eugene :umm2:

Daniel.
22-01-2014, 12:39 AM
If only it had been Kinga and go into the house instead of Eugene and we would have just had 3 days of him and he would be soon forgotten :bored:

reece(:
22-01-2014, 12:42 AM
If only it had been Kinga and go into the house instead of Eugene and we would have just had 3 days of him and he would be soon forgotten :bored:
Perfect scenario.

Loukas
22-01-2014, 12:47 AM
I thought he was a good addition, his awkwardness and weirdness made him a good housemate. His friendship with Derek :laugh2:

HD
22-01-2014, 01:36 AM
BB6!

I also think a series like 2005 needed someone like Eugene to balance it out, plus he reminded me of Hey Arnold. bye.

Macie Lightfoot
22-01-2014, 01:45 AM
I agree that BB7's story started from pretty much the word go as the Sezer/Grace/Imogen/Mikey clique started up pretty quickly but as much as you dislike her, Grace was vital to the dynamics of the house and without her the divide and story derailed a bit and moved on to the everyone loves Pete and Nikki hates Aisleyne storylines. BB6 was pretty much the opposite in that there was no story till around week 3 (thought obvy I love the opening weeks, its madness) but once it really got going it was heads and shoulders above 7 and the story lasted longer as the Makosi group had to start turning on eachother to make it the furthest once they got rid of Max and Saskia

But just because the divide ends doesn't mean that the story dies, that's not what happened at all. You're acting like it's a negative that the story moved onto when everyone loving Pete, but like, the Aisleyne/Lea/Nikki nuclear warfare was amazing stuff. Pete himself lacks any charm whatsoever but jesus all of his suitors were insane and went at each other's throats (which in my opinion makes it much better than everyone loving Noirin). And like I said, the BB6 divide was rather uninspired.

Daniel.
22-01-2014, 02:42 AM
But just because the divide ends doesn't mean that the story dies, that's not what happened at all. You're acting like it's a negative that the story moved onto when everyone loving Pete, but like, the Aisleyne/Lea/Nikki nuclear warfare was amazing stuff. Pete himself lacks any charm whatsoever but jesus all of his suitors were insane and went at each other's throats (which in my opinion makes it much better than everyone loving Noirin). And like I said, the BB6 divide was rather uninspired.

I've always said if BB7 happened naturally and we had a final of Lea, Nikki, Aisleyne, Grace , Pete (inevitable)and Imogen it could beat BB6 to my fave but it went through to much of a lul around week 9 where literally nothing was happening

Macie Lightfoot
22-01-2014, 03:57 AM
Grace and Richard are as bad as each other and that might be even more uninspiring than BB6's divide, but I realize this all comes from some fetish you have with house divides so I'll stop there.

daniel-lewis-1985
09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
The problem with BB6 was that every housemate was a complete and utter unlikeable human being.

They filled the house with possibly the most fame obsessed housemates we have ever seen and characters that parodied themselves on launch night which I think put people off, Mary walking in dressed as a witch was pathetic as was Kemal and his over the top yoga style poses as he sashayed into the house.

It was all a bit cartoony and lost the normality/reality of the show and people couldn't relate to anyone resulting in The dip in ratings of over half a million from BB5, but also it was probably down to how genuinely nasty they all were.

Its a series I cant watch from start to finish anymore but I love watching clips of the arguments as they were legendary.

Oh it also had one of the worst winners ever making it slightly forgettable.

Shaun
09-03-2014, 02:36 PM
still the best series so nvm bye

daniel-lewis-1985
09-03-2014, 02:38 PM
still the best series so nvm bye

HUH?

Daniel.
09-03-2014, 02:41 PM
I dont think any of them were genuinly nasty lol how ridiculous

BB6 is far and away the best

daniel-lewis-1985
09-03-2014, 02:59 PM
I dont think any of them were genuinly nasty lol how ridiculous

BB6 is far and away the best

Ok then.

Craig: "You better let me on the ****ing show because im a spoiled brat and I allways ****ing get my own way one way or a ****ing other"

R4RNTXx38Qo

Vanessa: "Im a bitch, 2 faced, shallow"

WUZRNq5QiIY

Maxwel: "Im loud, im rude, im obnoxious"

USu7V9GYOdA

This is where my comment comes from that people couldn't warm to them on launch night, most of them were complete arseholes.

Marsh.
09-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Most people exaggerate like that when desperate to get on the show.

Just look at Callum last year, his ridiculously OTT VT compared to his boring self.

Most housemates go in as some extreme stereotype until they settle into the show and you see the more regular everyday them.

Daniel.
09-03-2014, 03:05 PM
It doesnt really bother me they made for great TV and had some classic hm's in the mix like Makosi, Derek, Science

BB6 is the only series where something happened everyday, there were no episodes of nothingness (bb5 and 7 had plenty even though there considered the best)

Thats why I think its the best tbh

Jordan.
09-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Who cares whether they were likeable, it was very entertaining.

Samm
09-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Kemal, Vanessa & Makosi & Derek there all in my top 10 :love:

I can't decide which is better but BB6 is a little bit better because every day was entertaining, While in BB7 it died a little at the last week, but I still love them both

Adamw92
22-06-2014, 07:05 PM
BB7 :love:

andybigbro
22-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Loved both but BB7 is my fave series :)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-06-2014, 07:49 PM
BB6 no contest

Daniel.
26-07-2015, 05:43 PM
6 winning sries hurt and heal confirms bb6 the best

Pete.
26-07-2015, 05:43 PM
I would like to change

http://pictures.thisisbigbrother.com/userpics/10433/normal_BB_ToyaB.jpg

Daniel.
26-07-2015, 05:46 PM
I would like to change

http://pictures.thisisbigbrother.com/userpics/10433/normal_BB_ToyaB.jpg

Apply to be a mod just for the change?

http://pictures.thisisbigbrother.com/userpics/10433/normal_BB_ToyaB.jpg[/

Daniel.
26-07-2015, 05:47 PM
I was joking hon but you would slay as a mod x

Daniel-X
26-07-2015, 05:50 PM
BB6. Launch night twist was far better. Cast was much better. Eviction order was a lot better (let's forget the final two and it's okay). Kemal and Makosi are in the top five housemates of all time and Vanessa is just outisde the top ten.

BB7 had some great moments like the Susie week and the first week of the show but it dipped also at times and there was far too many housemates and a lot were actually rather dull or annoying from the series.

Both are brilliant series though!

Daniel.
26-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Derek > Kemal and Vanessa

Lostie!
26-07-2015, 05:53 PM
BB6 > BB7 imo and it's not even close.

Jason.
26-07-2015, 05:55 PM
BB6 tasks >>>>

EspeonBB
26-07-2015, 06:23 PM
BB6 >>>

There was never a dull week on BB6 whilst the final few weeks of BB7 kinda drag a bit (but it's still watchable) and Nikki's return leaves BB7 on a sour note imo. Plus BB6 has the better cast

Ashley.
26-07-2015, 06:29 PM
BB6 if you want drama, BB7 if you want fun.

Daniel.
26-07-2015, 07:33 PM
BB6 if you want drama, BB7 if you want fun.

BB6 was a funnier series than 7

Jason.
26-07-2015, 07:36 PM
I just noticed BB6 won the BB +2/-2 game. :clap2: