PDA

View Full Version : I actually love the positivity...

Black Dagger
03-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I am a sucker for controversy, bitching, arguments and drama and BBUK definitely has delivered all of these things over the years (as has BBAU) but I know it is early days, but watching BBAU it feels like an actual social experiment where people are all getting along, having a bit of fun and just enjoying themselves, this year the arguments kicked off very early and there hasn't really been any really 'funny' moments that are just joyful to see and this cast looks like they'll deliver that..

Oh and I do like a bit of booing. But the BBAU/US/Canada crowds being forced to cheer for them >>> much lighter atmosphere.

So yeah great start from BBAU, even though the twists aren't new to a BBUK viewer, I am still hooked early on and I hope they maintain it.

Oh and their twitter account actually replying to people asking them who their favourites are and if they are enjoying the show >>>>

Novo
03-08-2013, 11:30 PM
How many weeks are they into this? might give it a go

Black Dagger
03-08-2013, 11:32 PM
How many weeks are they into this? might give it a go

First week.. only been 5 episodes so far, one of them was 20 minutes as well.

Benjamin
03-08-2013, 11:33 PM
It's just started.

Marsh.
Never watched a foreign BB but watched the launch for this.

Not the best, seen all the twists before but I'm intrigued.

Tim is infuriating already though. Hate overbearing people like that.

Novo
Good stuff, will try and see if i watch them tonight, where do you two watch the episodes?

Jack_
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
I watched bits of the launch and was impressed at how amazing the house looks (that pool is beautiful) and the twist was executed pretty well but I've heard it's like a PG13 version of Big Brother (I even saw the 'PG' symbol appear onscreen during the show) and that just puts me off

I think three BB's (watching UK and US atm) would be a lot to deal with as well

Black Dagger
03-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Good stuff, will try and see if i watch them tonight, where do you two watch the episodes?

http://www.youtube.com/user/BBAU00001

Novo
03-08-2013, 11:37 PM
does the Aussie version have live feed?

Black Dagger
03-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Nah... they have like a written live feed with pictures and the odd video clip on the website though.

LikeABoatOnWater
03-08-2013, 11:39 PM
The Australian housemates have so much better banter than the uk housemates, everyones a comedian.

Valdora
04-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Yeah I totally get what you mean. The warmth is a really pleasant atmosphere to return to. My only regret is that we don't get to see more. They are squeezing 3 days, a twist reveal and two more house guests entering into one show...way too much. I think I may be spoiled by the UK version, but I never feel we get enough from AUS.

But yeah totally agree. I also, despite myself, find myself really liking Jade and Drew as a showmance. It probably won't turn into one but the fact they have played it so well, and it was so well matched by the producers in two young, good looking people who are willing to kiss and cuddle to do what it takes to convince them. Not gonna lie, the obviously fed "get to know you" questions helped with that. But so did their acting. Such a stalk contrast to our version, Stephanie was never in her wildest dreams gonna even touch Mario.

I have this feeling that Jade may become a bit of a bitch down the road, but Drew seems like the normal nice good looking guy. Totally my type, nice to have someone to watch on TV for that side of me.

Gusto Brunt
04-08-2013, 08:00 PM
The fake 'married couple' seem the only likeable ones.

The others are so irritating.

JTM45
05-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I can't help liking Ben. I find him really amusing and he's naturally funny (unlike the highly fake comedy duo twins we have in BB UK). Loved his straight-guy alter ego when he was dressed in Tim's clothes!:hugesmile:
I love the fact that he's so NOT you're average, run of the mill person. Eccentric and proud of it.:thumbs:

I don't hate Tim but his whole personality seems a bit contrived to me and i can see him becoming extremely annoying rather quickly. He can be really funny but he seems to almost demand to be the center of attention and that will wear really thin. He could be great if he finds the right balance though!

They've got some fine eye candy for us straight guys too in the form of the beautiful Jade and Tahan. Jade's legs are absolutely awesome, fairplay!!!
Seems to be a few good looking blokes for the ladies and the gay guys too!
Much, much better quality hotties than we've got in BB UK this year!

I'm finding Mikkayla a bit annoying too. She's got the teacher thing going on with the way she talks to people sometimes and she comes across a bit childish and whiny too.

Lostie!
06-08-2013, 05:14 PM
I don't dislike anyone, I'm loving watching it from that perspective and just enjoying what develops. :)

I agree about the atmosphere. Some people may interpret that as "no drama", but there totally is. There's tensions, clashes, etc. But, there isn't this nasty undercurrent to it.

Obviously it's still VERY early days, but I'm really liking it so far. :)