PDA

View Full Version : Sinead Lands £1m Record Deal

Kaz
20-12-2002, 07:52 AM
Story from Ananova

Fame Academy runner-up Sinead Quinn has signed a £1million record deal.

She's been signed by Mercury Records, which will also manage the programme's winner David Sneddon.

Sinead will release her debut single I Can't Break Down on February 10.

A spokesman for Mercury Records told The Sun: "During Sinead's time in the Academy, her tutors were impressed with her raw vocal talent, songwriting and musicianship.

"We are really looking forward to making sure she becomes a real star."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm really pleased for Sinead, and think she has a great future ahead of her. :dazzler:

However . . . . . . . . . . if this is 100% correct (notice it comes from The Sun!!) then it smacks of the 'Pop Idol' scenario. All through the series the gullible public are told they're voting for one 'Winner Takes All' - which they do - and then as soon as the series is over, the record company snaps up the runner-up too!

Just a personal observation. :laugh:

BigSister
20-12-2002, 08:44 AM
I am pleased for Sinead as well

It is a bit like Pop idol as well

I agree

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:::flower:

peachy
20-12-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm extremely pleased for Sinead. I hope she does really well. That means that the final five students, Malachi, Ainslie, Lemar, Sinead and David all got record deals. They were all talented song writers and all of them played as well as sang, (except for Lemar, but even he taught himself guitar while inside the academy). I think that some of them will make a mark within their own very different genres. Good luck to them all. :xyxwave:

Mairi
20-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
However . . . . . . . . . . if this is 100% correct (notice it comes from The Sun!!) then it smacks of the 'Pop Idol' scenario. All through the series the gullible public are told they're voting for one 'Winner Takes All' - which they do - and then as soon as the series is over, the record company snaps up the runner-up too!

In Pop Idol, Will, Gareth and Darius were all talented but with totally "different" styles. Same now with Fame Academy, 5 totally "different" musicians, all of them brilliant in their own individual way.

It would have been such a shame if the runners up had just been ignored by the record companies. I'm delighted to hear that they've all got record deals and wish them the very best of luck for the future.

It's going to cost me a fortune next year buying all their albums!!!!

:dance:

Amy
20-12-2002, 08:20 PM
I was so pleased today to read that Sinead has got a contract :thumbs: She deserves it and i hope she does really well :spin2:

susieq
20-12-2002, 09:22 PM
I agree that it seems rather farcical that we're voting for a winner to receive this fantastic prize of a record contract then the others get it as well, but I think certainly Sinead deserved something good out of the whole FA experience.

I thought she did really well whilst in the Academy and certainly deserves to get a music contract. I hope all goes well for her.

WILDCHILD
21-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Ive downloaded Sineads song, 'I cant break down' because I really enjoyed it, good that she actually wrote it too. I'll be interested to see some of her other materia as well.

I hope Lemar gets signed up too!:spin2::flower::thumbs:

Boris
21-12-2002, 05:04 PM
I'm extremely pleased for Sinead. I hope she does really well. That means that the final five students, Malachi, Ainslie, Lemar, Sinead and David all got record deals. They were all talented song writers and all of them played as well as sang, (except for Lemar, but even he taught himself guitar while inside the academy). I think that some of them will make a mark within their own very different genres. Good luck to them all.

They all deserve to do well after 'going through it'under the camera on TV. Nothing more to add to Peachy.:dazzler::dazzler:Gggggood Luck all .

James
21-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Anyone know where I can download 'I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues', the duet that David sang with Sinead on the final?

I can't find it anywhere.

Amy
11-01-2003, 11:17 AM
For all Sinead fans out there! An official website is under construction it will soon be up and running, here's the link :thumbs: Sinead (http://www.sineadquinn.co.uk/)

:wavey:

Amy
11-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Another bit of Sinead info for you all! The Box get a 48 hour exclusive on Sinead's video from Wednesday. :xyxwave: