PDA

View Full Version : Girls Aloud are No. One.

LEE
22-12-2002, 04:26 PM
I really really wanted the boys to take the number one spot this evening, though I am not surprised it has gone to the girls as this is what everyone has been predicting for the last few days.

Personally I don't like the girls song at all, I think it is awful, and don't understand why everyone seems to think it's good. Still, each to his own I suppose.

However, I do think that the boy's song could have been better. It is a shame that they did have a fairly weak song as their first single because as a band they are far better than the girls.

I personally think that the boys have more of a chance of longevity than the girls, but it will be interesting to see if either of them are still around in a couple of years time.

:dazzler:

mcginn
22-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Well done to the girls

Its a much better record than the boys.:dazzler:

:bouncy::spin::bouncy:

Merry Christmas

Princess Pink Pants
22-12-2002, 06:02 PM
I love the girls song, its great to dance to!

The boys songs are boring, I cant even really remember how they go, they could have found them a least a slightly memorable song to release!

susieq
22-12-2002, 09:06 PM
I think the boys have better voices than the girls although their song was nothing remarkable.

As for the girls, style over substance I think. None of them have got particularly strong voices and their single has been over produced to within an inch of it's life.

It will be interesting to see if we still remember either group in 12 months time.

Romantic Old Bird
23-12-2002, 09:14 AM
Sad if this is what will sum up 2002 in years to come...'And the Christmas number one was.....' followed by a resounding chorus of "Who the hell were they?"

Not as bad as Mr Blobby or the St Winifred's School Choir, but close!

I find myself as unmoved by popstars the rivals as I was by BB3. I've started taping all the christmas stuff over BB3, without having watched it at all.

WILDCHILD
23-12-2002, 03:15 PM
I love the girls song! The boys song is okay but the girls is upbeat and like Princess said, good to dance to.
C'mon the girls - but I do like the boys and actually think they will last longer!:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler: