PDA

View Full Version : Is this typical accountant arrogance?

Feefs
28-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Apologies to any accountants out there, but I'm sure you already know you are an easy target! :spin2:

I expect particular case won't get anywhere, but at least the accounant man will have got some cash from the Express.

'Millionaire' Makers Sued
The makers of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire are reportedly being sued for £1m, by a contestant who failed to make it into the hot seat.

Accountant Tony Lapping claims one of the electronic buttons on his "fastest finger first" console did not work properly.

He consequently lost out on the chance to go for TV's biggest prize, he has told the Daily Express.

Mr Lapping, who is 52 and from Hexham in Northumberland, appeared on the ITV quiz with his wife Anne in a special show for couples last November.

'Lost potential earnings'

Now they want £1m in lost potential earnings from producers Celador.

Mr Lapping has told the paper: "I told the production staff during filming that it wasn't working and they did nothing about it.

"It took literally hundreds of calls to get on the show in the first place. Now I'll never get on it again."

A Celador spokesman said Mr Lapping's console had been checked thoroughly but no fault had been found.

It is very confident to assume that had his button been working he'd have been fastest, AND gone on to win the full million. If it goes to court I hope they make him answer a series of general knowledge questions. :laugh:

Mark
28-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Strange!!!!

Its not as if he needs money is it - accountants are very well paid. He must be one of those people who hates losing!

Mark:dance:

Kaz
29-01-2002, 10:03 AM
I think he's pushing his luck a bit. The most he could expect is to be given another chance to be in the studio to take part in the 'fastest finger' round again.

As you said, Feefs, even though he had been the fastest, there's absolutely no guarantee that he could have gone on to win a million.

My view is that he's on a hiding to nothing. :spin2: