PDA

View Full Version : Davids music video

WILDCHILD
24-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Have you all seen Davids video, 'Stop living the lie' on 'The Box'. There is no getting away from it, its a very good song and it helps he wrote it too.:spin2:
The video is basically of him on the piano and flash backs from Fame Academy.
Go and see it now!:flower:

LEE
24-12-2002, 05:51 PM
I've seen it Wildchild,

I'm really glad that David won and I will defiintely be buying the single when it comes out.

:dazzler:

Amy
24-12-2002, 06:05 PM
I've seen it too!!! I love the song but i'm not sure about the video :blush:

LEE
24-12-2002, 06:08 PM
I think I agree with you on that one Amy. It looks like something they threw together really quickly because they had to have a video.

The song is excellent though.

:flower:

James
24-12-2002, 06:17 PM
The video's a temporary one. They just needed a video to be ready quickly for whoever won the show.

They are going to do a better one before the single is released. :thumbs:

Also there is a David DVD being released:

http://www.playserver4.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=111802

Don't know what is in this but it could just be the winner's documentary that was shown on BBC Choice.

If it is that, hopefully there will be some new material on it.

:hugesmile:

BigSister
25-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Ive seen the video too

Its ok

I love the song though
:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::hugesmile :

Di2001
28-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Yep! Seen his video a couple of times. Love the song and fab video too!

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

Janette
28-12-2002, 02:52 PM
I don't think much of the video, it's a bit naff and the BBC obviously didn't put much money into the production.

But if David can learn a few things form the gorgeous Mr Will Young, he will go his own way and develop his talent the way he wants.

Watch out for his next release, it should be much better than this one!

:thumbs:

Graeme
28-12-2002, 05:58 PM
It's a very good video. If there is nothing on TV I flick through the music channels to find it. I think it's really good when he swithes scenes from the fame academy to his video. I can't wait until he releases it and his album. I do hope he doesn't go straight down the grid like Hear'say did.

James
28-12-2002, 06:43 PM
According to the adverts that the BBC are showing at the moment, David is going to be on the 'Hogmanay Show'.

I don't think people in the rest of Britain get that. Usually it's Angus Deayton being sarcastic.
Maybe not this year though. :hugesmile:

Janette
28-12-2002, 06:51 PM
Any chance you could tape it James?

If we don't get the show down here I'll be really disappointed to miss David. I've not seen him since he won apart from in his video!

James
28-12-2002, 06:54 PM
That's a good idea.

I'll tape it and put a clip up onto the web.

Janette
28-12-2002, 06:57 PM
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/kiss.gif

You're a star, thanks James

James
02-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Here's a gallery of pictures from the show:

7 pages. :shocked:

Anyway, David sang 'Stop Living the Lie', 'With a Little Help From My Friends', and 'Auld Lang Syne' at the end.

Oh, and Nigel from Fame Academy was there as well. But he didn't sing.

I'm just sorting out the video clips.

Mairi
02-01-2003, 09:18 AM
I've just looked at all the piccies, James and they are fantastic. Thanks a lot for posting them up for us. I feel as if I've seen the show!! What a shame we didn't get it here though.

I don't suppose you have a picture of the lovely Nigel, do you?

:wavey:

LEE
02-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Lovely pics James. Thank you. :thumbs:

Boris
02-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Thanks James !!

What sweety he is :love:

[David that is !!]

James
02-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Here's the video clips of David on Hogmanay 2002. They'll probably take a fair while to download (with a modem, an hour and a quarter say, for the lot of them) and you'll need the Realplayer program if you don't already have it.

Right-click on these and select 'Save Target As':

Introduction - 0.5MB
Stop Living the Lie - 8.5MB
With A Little Help From My Friends - 5.5MB
Auld Lang Syne - 4.5MB

Hopefully these should work. If the video isn't smooth, when you play it, please tell me. I think I know what causes that. It should be alright though. :hugesmile:

I don't suppose you have a picture of the lovely Nigel, do you?

They only showed Nigel once, I think, in this picture. They showed him in a trailer for the programme earlier in the night, but I didn't record that.

Anyway here he is with David's Mum and Dad.

WILDCHILD
02-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks for these videos James - they worked perfect for me!
I was never a major fan of David but this new song of his is tops!:dance::dazzler::thumbs:

LEE
02-01-2003, 01:28 PM
I've just watched them as well James. Thank you.

I was always a big David fan and was so pleased when he won, I hope he goes on to continued success.

:dazzler:

Mairi
02-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Thanks for all your hard work on our behalf, James. Very much appreciated.

Thanks also for the piccie of Nigel. He was David's best friend in the Academy and was always encouraging him. It's nice to see that the two of them have remained friends.

WILDCHILD
02-01-2003, 03:40 PM
I've just seen Davids new video - its okay but not much different to the other one. It basically just concentrates on the music so he is sat at a piano - nothing wrong with that!:spin2:

Kaz
02-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Thanks, James. :thumbs:

I have to say this was one of the better Hogmanay shows over recent years - I really enjoyed it.

David was excellent. He sang 'Living the Lie' beautifully - and his solo version of 'With a Little Help from my Friends' was superb.

He cut quite a dashing figure in his kilt too! :dazzler:

finch
03-01-2003, 07:59 PM
I think the video is horrendous. It's gonna be stupid having him winning on it 5 years.

It totally doesn;t fit with the song

James
03-01-2003, 08:58 PM
David could be on The Saturday Show tomorrow. The listings guide just says 'more news from the Fame Academy'.

He's definitely on the programme on the 11th of January though.

Janette
04-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by finch
I think the video is horrendous. It's gonna be stupid having him winning on it 5 years.

It totally doesn;t fit with the song

Chill out Finch. I think you'll find that David has done a new video. It still has him playing the piano but it doesn't show him winning FA!

Mairi
04-01-2003, 03:30 PM
I've just seen David's new video this afternoon and it's much better than the other one. My only criticism is that it's not long enough!! I just LOVE that song. Hope it gets to No. 1.

Janette
04-01-2003, 05:39 PM
David looks SOOOOOO much better in this new video, his dress style has improved and he is actually starting to look a bit sexy rather than a cute little boy!

Keep it up David, you'll go far!!!!!!

James
05-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by James
David could be on The Saturday Show tomorrow. The listings guide just says 'more news from the Fame Academy'.

He's definitely on the programme on the 11th of January though.

Well he was on yesterday. I saw it. He didn't sing though. They showed the video, but it was the old version. I still haven't seen the new one.

When asked what his ambition was for this year he said it was to 'invent a replacement for fuel'. Very droll. :hugesmile:

David should go on SM:TV. He'd be good in one of their sketches.

bigbrofan
05-01-2003, 09:32 PM
I CAN'T STAND DAVID AND HE SHOULD NEVER OF WON:devil::devil::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Janette
05-01-2003, 09:54 PM
Why?

bigbrofan
05-01-2003, 10:46 PM
I don't know there is just something about him i just don't like, yes i know strange but never mind.

LEE
06-01-2003, 06:38 AM
I CAN'T STAND DAVID AND HE SHOULD NEVER OF WON
I couldn't DISAGREE more.

Kaz
06-01-2003, 07:06 AM
David was my favourite too, and I was delighted that he won. I wouldn't have been too disappointed if Sinead had won either. However, I appreciate that we all have different tastes!

Who would you have liked to win, Bigbrofan? Or weren't you too bothered as long as it wasn't David? :laugh:

Amy
07-01-2003, 10:13 AM
For anyone who is waiting to see David sing stop living the lie on tv here's some show's he will be on
TOTP friday 10th Jan
The Saturday Show Sat 11th Jan
David will be preforming live on SMILE at 8am on BBC2
He will also be doing some signings in Glasgow at HMV Glasgow Argyle St on Tuesday 14th January at 5.00PM and also at HMV Oxford Circus, London on Friday 17th January at 6.00PM.
So lots of chances to see David coming up as well as the single release on Jan 13th

:wavey:

Amy
07-01-2003, 10:34 AM
I have just seen David's new video after waiting almost 3 hours for it to come on the box! It is great much better than the last one he looks great!!! I think a Mr O Leary maybe starting to taken second place to a Mr Sneddon at the moment :blush: