PDA

View Full Version : Les Dennis & Amanda split up!

WILDCHILD
27-12-2002, 11:16 AM
It seems that the two of them have split up offcicially. They have been together for 7 years so it is a shame:

Amanda Holden and Les Dennis have announced their seven-year marriage is over.

The pair say it was an "amicable" split and add that no one else was involved.

A statement issued on the couple's behalf said: "It is with great sadness that Les Dennis and Amanda Holden announce that their seven-year marriage has come to an end.

"The parting is amicable. There are no other parties involved and they are and will remain close friends."

Holden, 31, said: "It is very sad. We have been together for 10 years and we have tried hard to make our marriage work. I have the most enormous love and respect for Les."

Dennis, who was the Celebrity Big Brother runner-up, said: "Amanda and I have had a good marriage and I have no regrets. Sadly, we have grown apart recently and we both feel that it is time to move on. I wish her good luck in all that she does in the future."

The pair said they would not be making any other statements or giving interviews about their marriage.

Dennis, 48, and Holden are understood to have spent Christmas apart.

Their marriage was rocked nearly three years ago when Holden had a brief affair with Men Behaving Badly actor Neil Morrissey.

After spending time apart following the fling early in 2000, they tried to give their marriage a second try.

Maybe thats why Les went on Celebrity Big Brother to get away from the relationship and give it a bit of bhreathing space. I think its a shame but c'est le vie!

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/39257.jpg

LEE
27-12-2002, 01:52 PM
I think it's a shame as well Wildchild.

The tabloid press hounded Amanda while Les was in the house and they can't have made life very easy for them.

I hope they both find happiness in the future.

:flower:

bigbrofan
27-12-2002, 01:59 PM
It was just a matter of time before they slip up:bawling:

Mairi
27-12-2002, 04:18 PM
It's a sad fact that a lot of couples split up at Christmas.

Like LEE, I wish them both love and happiness in the future.

:love:

Romantic Old Bird
27-12-2002, 05:42 PM
So sad to have to play it out for all to see.

I hope they will find happiness ultimately

susieq
27-12-2002, 09:23 PM
I can't say it's come as a massive surprise but it is, nevertheless, very sad when a relationship breaks down.

I hope they both find peace & happiness in the future.

LEE
28-12-2002, 07:54 AM
Here's a couple of articles about this.

THE SUN (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002600804,00.html)

THE INDEPENDENT (http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/story.jsp?story=364739)

:flower:

Mairi
28-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Reading those two articles made me realise, once again, how the gutter press just love to discuss, poke fun at and positively relish other people's anguish.

:mad:

Janette
28-12-2002, 03:23 PM
It's very sad but they should have seen it coming!

A 17 year age difference is always going to be difficult to overcome, both parties would have to give their all and obviously she didn't or she wouldn't have had an affair in the first place!

I feel sorry for Les, but i'm sure he'll be happier on his own. In all the photos shown in Heat magazine of the pair of them he always looked miserable!

Amy
28-12-2002, 09:08 PM
I was shocked today when i read this story in The Mirror :shocked: although i knew they'd had a tough time i really hoped they'd sorted it out! Like you all i wish them both the best and from what i read they both seem to be ok with the split and still very much the friends

Sticks
29-12-2002, 12:04 PM
The curse of Big Brother strikes again.

Contestants with relationships on the outside find they shatter when they go on Big Brother

:shocked: