PDA

View Full Version : Davina for BB4?

WILDCHILD
27-12-2002, 01:49 PM
Theres a discussion going on on another forum that Davina has had her day and C4 should look for a new presenter.
What do you all make of that?
For me, its a big fat NO!!!:nono::dance::nono:
Davina is the best presenter for Big Brother because she sees the positive side to every contestant and tries to stick up for them if they are to come out for a hard time. Shes fun and energetic and I couldnt think of a better replacement.
What are all of your opinions on her? Are they changing and do you want to see a new face or do u still luv her like moi'!!
Please get back to me! :colour::spin2::thumbs:

LEE
27-12-2002, 01:55 PM
I agree with you Wildchild, BB just wouldn't be the same without Davina.

I've seen quite a bit of anti-Davina stuff on several other sites and I think it is a great shame.

I hope she goes on to present BB4,5,6 etc etc etc :hugesmile:

bigbrofan
27-12-2002, 02:05 PM
WE LOVE Davina:xyxwave::joker::hello::dance::love:

WILDCHILD
27-12-2002, 02:08 PM
So far, so good!:thumbs:
All those in favour of Davina returning for BB4, say 'Aye':xyxwave:

BigSister
27-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Davina should do BB4 BB5 and more

Shes great:hugesmile:

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Mairi
27-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Big Brother just wouldn't be the same without Davina.

A big "Aye" from me, Wildchild.

:wavey:

peachy
27-12-2002, 05:18 PM
I definitely read somewhere (I think it was heat) that Davina was doing BB4 next year. She said that it was one of the only things that she was going to do next year. So I think she's going to be with us and I agree with the rest of you Davina is an essential part of the team. I just hope Dermot is also onboard epecially as he makes ROB drool almost as much as PC does!:laugh:

WILDCHILD
27-12-2002, 05:21 PM
Dermot is another brilliant asset to the Big Brother team and it wouldnt be the same without him.
If Davina HAD to go then the only replacement would be Dermot, no one else! Im a great believe in the old - no changes please!
Look what happened when they meddled with the old format, the bars, they mucked it up so leave the presenters alone Big Brother - you have been warned!:nono::bouncy::flower:

Romantic Old Bird
27-12-2002, 05:32 PM
I just hope Dermot is also onboard epecially as he makes ROB drool almost as much as PC does!:laugh:

Nearly....but not quite. There can be only one. So long since I have seen him he is becoming a distant memory.....:bawling:

I will have to console myself with Dermot , but I'll always have......Bow!

I think Davina is an intrinsic part of BB, but she was a pain in Postars. I saw little of it, and whenever I switched it on she was shouting or blubbing. ANNOYING!!! She seemed like she was doing an impression of Ronnie Anacondo(?)'s impression of herself.

WILDCHILD
27-12-2002, 05:34 PM
My Nan was really annoyed by Davina on Popstars, and it did seem she shouted a lot, she always said,
'Welcome to Popstars, THE RIVALS!!!!'
She was a bit different and is much much better in Big Brother!
I think ive had my fair say on Davina, Ill let other people have their opinion!:laugh:

steve_o
27-12-2002, 06:20 PM
She's alright Davina I suppose she'll go when she's had enough and is bored with it.:shocked:

:spin:

jbellemeg
27-12-2002, 08:41 PM
I totally agree with the rest of you about Davina being loud on Popstars The Rivals.
I had to keep the sound down when she shouted so much.
As for Davina and Big Brother, I don't think any other presenter can step into her shoes and for BBLB it has to be Dermot.
We all seem to be on the same wave length on this topic.:dance::dance:

susieq
27-12-2002, 09:12 PM
Big Brother would not be the same without Davina. I'm of the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' brigade - so please, Davina & Dermot for as long as BB is on our screens.

Janette
28-12-2002, 03:34 PM
Hear Hear Susieq!!!!!!!!

We need Davina doing the main Friday night show, Dermot doing BBLB and Marcus doing the voiceovers!

:thumbs:

Graeme
28-12-2002, 05:34 PM
I wish she wouldn't, she's done enough of them. But then again she's got all the publicity behnd her and shes got aload of quotes that she's made for the show. And what would she do if she didn't do that again?

The only show I really liked her on was the 'Dont Try This At Home' series'.

But then again, who would take her place?

Tonto1278
28-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Davina has to stay!!!! She along with Marcus are the only constant thing about the UK BB. From the very 1st series to the present! She knows the format inside out and actually cares about the show and gets so into it that it would be far too hard for anyone to take over now because they would just be in her shadow! And she adds that bit of feistyness to the show without being bitchy!!!

And i do agree Dermot is gr8, although I can't see him doing series 4 of the show. But he is great at it so Dermot you better sign that next contract!!!!

James
28-12-2002, 06:23 PM
I don't want to see anyone other than Davina or Dermot present the show, but I do think another presenter could work if they were enthusiastic about the format and the housemates.

The one thing that absolutely can't change though is Marcus Bentley doing the voiceover.

His voice sums up what Big Brother is all about.

Did you know that he presents a game show on Sky One called Dirty Money?

:hugesmile:

Mairi
28-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by James
The one thing that absolutely can't change though is Marcus Bentley doing the voiceover.

His voice sums up what Big Brother is all about.

Absolutely agree with you there, James.

I loved his voice from Day 1 and think he is just as essential to Big Brother as Davina is.

:colour:

finch
28-12-2002, 07:47 PM
I don't think BB will survive more than one or 2 series without Davina as a presenter