PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who finds this series pretty weak compared to others...

Benji_
29-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Like I'm not feeling it this year...I'm not feeling the acts or anything the only ones I like are Abi and Hannah and of course SOULI the rest I'm just not feeling...I dunno I just can't warm to this series but that could change...

reece(:
Atleast there's no possibility of it being as dire as last years.

MeMyselfAndI
This series and last series have been weak. S7 & S8 were great though

Jordan.
29-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't even have a favourite this year

joeysteele
29-09-2013, 09:06 PM
I think it is pretty average as to the talent, I see little in the way of real talent this year amd I have hated the boot camp format too.

I said on another thread that I just cannot take it seriously this series at all.

Josy
29-09-2013, 09:11 PM
There is no act so far that stands out enough to me, maybe once it gets to the lives and we get to actually listen to them long enough to make a decision but atm they are all just meh :laugh:

Brother Leon
29-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Been weak for years tbh. Been going down slowly since Leona's year. JLS/Alexandra year being th exception imo.

Mystic Mock
29-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I think it is pretty average as to the talent, I see little in the way of real talent this year amd I have hated the boot camp format too.

I said on another thread that I just cannot take it seriously this series at all.

Tbh I have very similar problems as you with this series Joey.

I'm hoping that the live shows are good to make up for all of this.

joeysteele
29-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Tbh I have very similar problems as you with this series Joey.

I'm hoping that the live shows are good to make up for all of this.

Hi Mock.
I do like Melanie but most of the others just scream their songs and usually one note too which is made up of a sound irrelevant to the song.

The Male section is also on the surface weak for me and both Sharon and Gary have put all the wrong acts through in their categories.

The themed weeks of the live shows are easily,(on the evidence of what we have seen from the acts this series already), going to really let the acts down and stifle any talent they have even more than they have done in past series,in my view anyway.

Mystic Mock
30-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Again I 100% agree with you on all this Joey, a couple of niche acts are good but not a whole cast full of them.

And I really don't get why shouty singers are getting such high praise? I mean the girls category in particular need to learn the difference between belting out a high note and just shouting.

Mystic Mock
30-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Again I 100% agree with you on all this Joey, a couple of niche acts are good but not a whole cast full of them.

And I really don't get why shouty singers are getting such high praise? I mean the girls category in particular need to learn the difference between belting out a high note and just shouting.

Jamesy
30-09-2013, 06:19 PM
The judges made some awful mistakes during bootcamp. They've all sent home some great acts and have left a few weak spots this year. The first few live shows will be easy for getting rid of acts this year.

I'm not fussed on anyone yet, I'm a bit 'meh' over this years bunch. But I'm reserving judgement until judges houses and the live shows start as each act hasn't been shown to their fullest yet for me to like any of them.

Apple202
30-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Well it's far better than last year, but that's not saying much I guess

Mystic Mock
01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Am I the only one thinking that this year is worse than last year so far?

Braden
01-10-2013, 04:24 PM
- Auditions have gone too fast
- Bootcamp was also too short and wasn't as exciting as previous years (chair idea was okay but it felt rushed)
- No star potential

Yep, this is definitely a poor series so far.

I can't even blame Sharon being back because she's actually been okay so far, and that's coming from somebody who hates her. I can imagine her being completely unbearable when it comes to the live shows though. :(

Benjamin
01-10-2013, 04:44 PM
The only act I am really behind is Abi atm. Nobody else is really that great. We need a female winner this year though, bands and guys never do well from this show.

Apple202
01-10-2013, 05:08 PM
The only act I am really behind is Abi atm. Nobody else is really that great. We need a female winner this year though, bands and guys never do well from this show.

Little Mix, 1D, JLS?

reece(:
01-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Little Mix, 1D, JLS?
They aren't bands :joker:

joeysteele
01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Am I the only one thinking that this year is worse than last year so far?

You are not at all the only one, I do too Mock.
In fact up to now at this stage for me anyway,it is probably worse than 'any' previous year.

Benjamin
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Little Mix, 1D, JLS?

Only Little mix won, and they are not exactly taking the world by storm.

GiRTh
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Havent watched it but not surprised it may not be riveting viewing. Its a ten year old format that has not changed in that time period, of course it gonna get old after a while. I'm surprised to see its taken people so long to get tired of X Factor

Mystic Mock
01-10-2013, 09:13 PM
The show could still work but the producers are not willing to put different acts on, even the WGWG's are still Pop singers.

Also we need more of a diverse set of judges instead of people involved in Pop Music.

Btw I still want Pop Music to still be represented on the show, but only the best of the best.

Apple202
01-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Only Little mix won, and they are not exactly taking the world by storm.

lol wat :laugh2: they've had hits all over the place: landed the highest ever UK girlgroup debut in the States, been certified 3x platinum in Australia and even had a top 10 single in Japan

MeMyselfAndI
01-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Little Mix have been successful Ben tbh

MeMyselfAndI
01-10-2013, 11:10 PM

Olly.