PDA

View Full Version : Ditch the Flash Vote and bring back Deadlock

Jack_
13-10-2013, 09:14 PM
1) It's unfair to put someone in the bottom two after eight minutes of voting

2) It's also unfair for the people that go out and watch on Sunday afternoon to not get the chance to vote for their favourites

3) It's extremely unfair that if the judges vote is tied the act who lost an eight minute vote the previous night leaves

4) It's also going to make the judges votes anti-climatic and unsurprising (it didn't happen tonight because there was a majority), the drama that came with deadlock is much needed and although Dermot took the piss out of Louis' tendency to drag things out, that's what made the results show so good :joker:

5) And finally, how can a 2-2 vote result in an effective majority to send home someone that lost an eight minute vote? There's no logic to that, going into the judges vote whichever act was the Flash Vote loser already has a disadvantage since they need 3-1 in their favour while the other act only needs 2-2

So yeah, it wasn't even that exciting and has only been brought in to make Saturday's show worth watching and to gain a bit of extra revenue. Bring back the best bit of the results show...deadlock :worship:

Marsh.
13-10-2013, 09:15 PM
But if it went to deadlock, no doubt poor Louis would be the scapegoat again. :joker:

But, yeah, I noticed that about the flash vote loser needing a bigger majority to stay. Just a poorly thought out twist. No doubt thrown in last minute.

reece(:
13-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Who on Earth came up with this nonsensical flash vote..

Me. I Am Salman
13-10-2013, 09:17 PM
You're all acting as if dead lock was a regular thing

Jack_
13-10-2013, 09:18 PM
That's Louis' role though and I wish they'd gone to him last tonight, honestly him dragging things out and every year saying 'but I have to send someone home' (WE KNOW FFS) makes the results show :laugh2:

Think of it this way, if the vote is 2-1 to get rid of the Flash Vote loser, then that act has already left regardless of how the fourth judge votes...which is so dull and unfair

Marsh.
13-10-2013, 09:18 PM
You're all acting as if dead lock was a regular thing

Did you not watch last year? :laugh:

Withano
13-10-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't think the judges should decide anyway. They don't take it seriously and instead put ****ing Jedward and Rylan through over really talented people. The other contestants should decide, that would be hilarious.

Jordan.
It basically gives the judges even more power to decide who goes

People used to complain that deadlock was shifty, this is even worse.

Jack_
There were 5/7 deadlocks in series 6 and 5/8 last year :laugh:

Jack_
13-10-2013, 09:25 PM
I don't think the judges should decide anyway. They don't take it seriously and instead put ****ing Jedward and Rylan through over really talented people. The other contestants should decide, that would be hilarious.

As far as I'm aware one of the terms of the settlement of the legal case that Simon Fuller and Pop Idol brought against Simon/X Factor (accusing them of ripping Pop Idol off) when it came to the UK was that the distinguishing factors between the two shows was the bottom two/judges vote format, as well as the categories element and the fact groups could enter. So I don't think any of these things could ever be ditched

Ripping Fame Academy off and stealing the acts vote-off would be great though :D imagine the drama :dance: I think that's how a tied judges vote should be resolved and then if that's still a tie then send the Flash Vote loser home

Marsh.
13-10-2013, 09:28 PM
The judges should all make their decisions without revealing, so they can't just go with a majority and then all reveal together at the end.

Jamesy
15-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Why don't they just announce the bottom two on Saturday. Then on Sunday those bottom two perform, then the lines open and the public decides who goes. It's a simple system and works quite easily on other shows.

This whole "ooo a twist we're being different" just doesn't work.

joeysteele
15-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I agree Jack 100%,I hate this daft flashvote nonsense.

Toy Soldier
17-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Why don't they just announce the bottom two on Saturday. Then on Sunday those bottom two perform, then the lines open and the public decides who goes. It's a simple system and works quite easily on other shows.

This whole "ooo a twist we're being different" just doesn't work.

Or, if Jack is right about the judges vote being a contractual requirement, and they really want this flash vote thing, just make it that the bottom THREE are announced at the beginning on Sunday, they all sing, then there's a flash vote to save one of them, and then the judges vote on the remaining two.

Or make it even more dramatic - the judges vote to save one act, and then the flash vote is the final vote to save. That could be awesome. And would atop a lot of "shock" exits where the judges get rid of the one that the public actually preferred.

Josiah.
17-10-2013, 11:58 AM
I think that The X Factor needs to drop flash vote. From the sounds of it, it's such a really, really bad idea. I've been following The X Factor over here in the US and the Four Chair Challenge sounds better than flash vote.

Gstar
17-10-2013, 12:05 PM

I would actually prefer this. Fame Academy :worship: :lovedup:

Jack_
27-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Seriously get the ****** rid of it and bring back the beast that was Deadlock. The Flash Vote is ruining all the tension of the judges votes, it's dreadful :(

Joelle.
28-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Next year they need to bring in the 4 chair challenge from the US show and return to deadlock

Samm
28-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Fame academy should come back :love:

Jack_
01-12-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm so glad we managed to get one before the end of the series :D it wouldn't have been the same without it

And finally the judges vote actually had some tension to it

Also, seeing Louis do this again has to be one of the highlights of the series :joker:

http://i.imgur.com/Ylazq3R.png