PDA

View Full Version : How Flash vote should work

newsbb
13-10-2013, 10:14 PM
all of this in the Sunday show:
B2 is announced, then flash vote to save one of them, remove the judges votes.

:dance:

Vicky.
13-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Yup.

Or if they are hellbent on keeping the judges vote..if it goes to deadlock THEN do a flash vote. They cant fix the results that was as they wont know whos bottom at the time of taking it to deadlock(which is why it would never happen)

Jack_
13-10-2013, 10:25 PM
As I said in another thread I'm pretty sure something like this couldn't happen since part of the agreed distinguishing factors between Pop Idol and X Factor after the legal case brought against the latter was the bottom two/judges vote format and the categories element and the fact groups can enter, so I don't think any of these things can be ditched on legal grounds.

Yup.

Or if they are hellbent on keeping the judges vote..if it goes to deadlock THEN do a flash vote. They cant fix the results that was as they wont know whos bottom at the time of taking it to deadlock(which is why it would never happen)

Whilst I'd prefer that it's not practically possible in the results show since there's no way of allocating the time on the off-chance a deadlock happens.

For example, they have the sing-off/judges vote in part three to allow time for a ten minute vote if needs be, but if the vote is 3-1 they've then got a fourth part with nothing to fill. And then on the flip side, if they stick to doing the judges vote in part four and it does go to deadlock, there's no time to do another flash vote, so it can't work :p

Vicky.
13-10-2013, 10:27 PM
As I said in another thread I'm pretty sure something like this couldn't happen since part of the agreed distinguishing factors between Pop Idol and X Factor after the legal case brought against the latter was the bottom two/judges vote format and the categories element and the fact groups can enter, so I don't think any of these things can be ditched on legal grounds.

Whilst I'd prefer that it's not practically possible in the results show since there's no way of allocating the time on the off-chance a deadlock happens.

For example, they have the sing-off/judges vote in part three to allow time for a ten minute vote if needs be, but if the vote is 3-1 they've then got a fourth part with nothing to fill. And then on the flip side, if they stick to doing the judges vote in part four and it does go to deadlock, there's no time to do another flash vote, so it can't work :p

Flashvote could be shorter. Even a few minutes would be fine.

Jack_
13-10-2013, 10:31 PM
I guess that's true, would probably be easier to make up some time

What would make the flash vote fairer (although it couldn't be called that anymore) is if they opened the lines at the start of Saturday's show as they did last year (which is actually the best system they've had since the performance slots barely had any affect anymore) and then froze them at the end and announced the person with the least, at least that's a good two hour vote and would probably be fluctuating throughout the show

Still doesn't solve the problem of it ruining the results show though :(

Toy Soldier
13-10-2013, 11:33 PM
I guess that's true, would probably be easier to make up some time

What would make the flash vote fairer (although it couldn't be called that anymore) is if they opened the lines at the start of Saturday's show as they did last year (which is actually the best system they've had since the performance slots barely had any affect anymore) and then froze them at the end and announced the person with the least, at least that's a good two hour vote and would probably be fluctuating throughout the show

Still doesn't solve the problem of it ruining the results show though :(

Wouldn't be fair; people would start voting for the first act as soon as they had been on, whereas the last act would only have a few minutes to get votes. The act going on last (or one near to last) would be bottom every time.

Marsh.
13-10-2013, 11:39 PM
I think when it comes to judge's votes they should definitely just click a button and then reveal their choices all at once on little screens in front of them or something.

Stops them waffling away, stops them being pressured into siding with a majority or knowing just what effect their vote would have (tie etc). They just have to go with their own choice regardless of everyone else.