PDA

View Full Version : Safe, predictable Nicholas

Videostar
19-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Every week I fear he's going to sing the same type of slow love, ballad songs, it's too obvious and dull...surely he needs to do faster paced songs, something more upbeat.

And the judges will let him get away with staying safe with the song choices, it's unfair on the other acts who will get accused of not doing anything different if they pulled that same stunt.

Me. I Am Salman
19-10-2013, 07:32 PM
i'm sorry but he is not gonna have a career.

Videostar
19-10-2013, 07:34 PM
i'm sorry but he is not gonna have a career.

In musicals maybe but not in the charts.

Josy
19-10-2013, 09:05 PM
If anyone is going to be samey it would be Hannah and Sam Bailey IMO

Mystic Mock
19-10-2013, 09:20 PM
I actually feel sorry for Nicholas as his got a good voice, but I feel that he gets ridiculous stage productions with a million and one backing dancers, the song turned into some cheesy love fest like we saw when that woman was coming towards him tonight, and I this one is his fault tbf and that's he can't seem to put personality into his performances, even ballads need a bit of humph but Nicholas fails to deliver it.

Videostar
19-10-2013, 09:28 PM
If anyone is going to be samey it would be Hannah and Sam Bailey IMO

Hannah is just awful, the girl can't sing IMO, Sam Bailey I agree with, but at least she sings with some emotion, Nicholas can't even do that.

Videostar
19-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I actually feel sorry for Nicholas as his got a good voice, but I feel that he gets ridiculous stage productions with a million and one backing dancers, the song turned into some cheesy love fest like we saw when that woman was coming towards him tonight, and I this one is his fault tbf and that's he can't seem to put personality into his performances, even ballads need a bit of humph but Nicholas fails to deliver it.

Totally agree.

Marc
19-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Would be a great winner

Josy
19-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Would be a great winner

Yep.

Videostar
19-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Would be a great winner

Not as an X Factor, to have that you need not just a singing voice but all round stage craft , personality and charisma...Nicholas does not have that.

jet
20-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Not as an X Factor, to have that you need not just a singing voice but all round stage craft , personality and charisma...Nicholas does not have that.

Nicholas has ALL of the things you say he HASN'T!!!
He has a great voice and he has AMAZING stage craft....understated, not over the top...the nuances of his performance are unbelievable for someone with no previous experience. He is this little guy with a 'everyday' personality off stage - but when he hits that stage he is pure MAGIC. He comes alive and not in a 'in your face way' but in a subtle, confident, instinctive way that leaves me flabbergasted that he is such a natural born performer without any experience. And all those dames dancing around him and he didn't once lose focus. WTH?
You say he doesn't have charisma - when he is performing all of our family who get together for the X Factor actually stop talking over each other and LISTEN - the only act that has that respect! We all think (all 8 of us) that he is the one to watch. LOVE HIM! :dance:

Black Dagger
20-10-2013, 12:16 AM
He's just bland and inoffensive.. but has a decent voice, not nearly as overhyped and overrated as the awful Jahmene from last series, who screeched 99% of his vocals every week.

Videostar
20-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Nicholas has ALL of the things you say he HASN'T!!!
He has a great voice and he has AMAZING stage craft

Your idea of stage craft and charisma are very different from mine...Mick Jagger has all of the above, no one is going to tell me that Nicholas is in the same league as old Jagger....not even in the same business.

Robbie Williams (like him or hate him) has stage craft and charisma.

Standing rooted in the middle of the stage and singing a song without any emotional connection to that song is in no way stage craft or showing charisma.

jet
20-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Your idea of stage craft and charisma are very different from mine...Mick Jagger has all of the above, no one is going to tell me that Nicholas is in the same league as old Jagger....not even in the same business.

Robbie Williams (like him or hate him) has stage craft and charisma.

Standing rooted in the middle of the stage and singing a song without any emotional connection to that song is in no way stage craft or showing charisma.

Jagger and Robbie are not 16. They are experienced veterans so I don't get your point at all. At 16, they were not 'all that'.
As for 'standing rooted in the middle of a stage' - I suspect you think that anyone who doesn't frantically dance around the stage isn't worth your time? Well, Nick doesn't have to perform like a demented puppet desperate to impress to grab the audience. His voice and stage presence and brilliant understatement are more than enough to leave the judges enthralled.
Did you hear the judges comments? They think he's great.
I suppose you think you know better....:nono:

Brother Leon
20-10-2013, 01:21 AM
They have all stayed in their comfort zone. why should he steer away from his? So early too.

jet
20-10-2013, 02:20 AM

I don't get that you can't see the instinctive, natural stage presence in his performances. This worries me, because maybe others don't either. Of all the performers this year, he has the most relaxed and natural style on stage. It's as if he has been doing this for years. He mesmerizes my whole family, including my brother in law who is a producer with EM (Ireland). Nick is his fave by far. He loves Tamera too, but she's just like too many other artists out there that we are used to. Not to say that she won't be successful, but he feels she is too 'samey'. His faves are Nick and Hannah for raw, new talent, for what it's worth.

Kizzy
20-10-2013, 02:43 AM
It is only week 2?
I really rate him, he has a really clear effortless voice and you can tell he loves it. Some of the others are a bit 'try hard' it's not natural for them and it shows.

Kizzy
20-10-2013, 02:43 AM
It is only week 2?
I really rate him, he has a really clear effortless voice and you can tell he loves it. Some of the others are a bit 'try hard' it's not natural for them and it shows.

Vanessa
20-10-2013, 04:29 AM
I like him, but i prefer Luke, because he has great stage presence.

reece(:
20-10-2013, 11:10 AM
He's so dire.

geee_m
20-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I 100% dissagree with most of you, I think were watching a different show because Nicholas always delivers emotion with all of his songs, are you stupid? he has a massive amount of talent that could go far, plus he might not even want to be big in the charts but he will certainly still get a career out of performing because of how well he presents himself on stage even if it is in musicals because look at Diana Vickers she's doing amazing in musicals. Also he maybe a little predictable but if he feels comfortable singing 'predictable' songs then let him.

Marc
20-10-2013, 12:09 PM

He'll probably win so just sit back and relax

Loukas
20-10-2013, 12:30 PM
I think Louis' idea with Nicholas is to turn him into the new Robbie Williams, Ok-ish voice but with bags of confidence and stage presence. He'll get far in the competition however i doubt he will win, I see him more in a west end show and thats where i think he will end up.

Videostar
20-10-2013, 07:43 PM
I think Louis' idea with Nicholas is to turn him into the new Robbie Williams, Ok-ish voice but with bags of confidence and stage presence. He'll get far in the competition however i doubt he will win, I see him more in a west end show and thats where i think he will end up.

If that's Louis's plan then he's barking mad, Nicholas has no Robbie Williams style charisma.

Videostar
20-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Jagger and Robbie are not 16. They are experienced veterans so I don't get your point at all. At 16, they were not 'all that'.
As for 'standing rooted in the middle of a stage' - I suspect you think that anyone who doesn't frantically dance around the stage isn't worth your time? Well, Nick doesn't have to perform like a demented puppet desperate to impress to grab the audience. His voice and stage presence and brilliant understatement are more than enough to leave the judges enthralled.
Did you hear the judges comments? They think he's great.
I suppose you think you know better....:nono:

Look back at really old clips of Jagger performing on stage, even at a young age he was a great performer.

mizzy25
20-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I like him more and more I think he will go far, he has a very good voice for a kid of 16 and for some reason he reminds me a bit of olly murs who I didn't like on x factor much but I love his songs now.

Mystic Mock
20-10-2013, 08:57 PM
A way to put me off Nicholas comparing him to Olly Murs lol.

Vanessa
20-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I like him but performance wise he's a bit bland.

Videostar
26-10-2013, 07:20 PM
A way to put me off Nicholas comparing him to Olly Murs lol.

He's not as good as Olly Murs, personality and performance wise.

Videostar
26-10-2013, 07:35 PM
And here we go again, love song Nick.

Dull, dull dull.

Thank god for Gary picking him up on his boring song choices.

Tomise
27-10-2013, 03:27 PM
nice boy but omg, imagine having to sit through a 3 hour concert of his

reece(:
27-10-2013, 03:30 PM
nice boy but omg, imagine having to sit through a 3 hour concert of his
It'd be more like a funeral

Tomise
27-10-2013, 03:32 PM
It'd be more like a funeral

omg imagine, it'd be living hell imo

Vanessa
27-10-2013, 04:51 PM
I used to like Nicholas, but now he's singing the same song every week. He just sounds bland. he has a great voice, but zero charisma or personality. :(

geee_m
27-10-2013, 05:00 PM
he is doing something next week 'up tempo' if he gets through

reece(:
27-10-2013, 05:01 PM
he is doing something next week 'up tempo' if he gets through
Let's hope he doesn't then, eh

Marc
27-10-2013, 05:07 PM
omg imagine, it'd be living hell imo

:laugh: you wouldn't buy a ticket so you wouldn't be going

Marc
27-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Thought last night's song was quite daring, pretty difficult song

geee_m
27-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Let's hope he doesn't then, eh

bit harsh, so your slating him for being to dull but then you don't want him to sing a up tempo song, LOL make your mind up.

Marc
27-10-2013, 05:12 PM
http://images.wikia.com/halohub/images/b/b8/B4932_ORIG-ohhh.gif

Vanessa
27-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Next week is disco night, so they will all do up tempo songs. I think Nick and Sam B could struggle. :suspect:

geee_m
27-10-2013, 05:13 PM
He was also picked because of how people can relate to him, you don't see Adele singing something like Skrillex that's his genre of music and in my opinion he is very good at what hes doing.

Marc
27-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Next week is disco night, so they will all do up tempo songs. I think Nick and Sam B could struggle. :suspect:

Doesn't matter, they'll both stay :laugh:

Vanessa
27-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Doesn't matter, they'll both stay :laugh:

Who knows? I think from next week anyone could end up in the bottom two.

Marc
27-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Who knows? I think from next week anyone could end up in the bottom two.

They've both got the housewife votes

Vanessa
27-10-2013, 05:23 PM
They've both got the housewife votes

True, but we've had shock exits before. It's so hard to predict this year with the flash vote. :(

Mystic Mock
27-10-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what Nicholas does with an uptempo song next week.

Videostar
27-10-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what Nicholas does with an uptempo song next week.

He'll slow it down and ballad it to death.

Mystic Mock
27-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I hope you're wrong Videostar as it would be nice to see Nicholas actually have some fun on The X Factor.

geee_m
28-10-2013, 04:20 PM
He'll slow it down and ballad it to death.

You're so wrong omg haha

reece(:
28-10-2013, 04:24 PM
You're so wrong omg haha
It's called having an opinion.

Joelle.
28-10-2013, 04:27 PM
If this isn't my immediate reaction when he performs on Saturday, he has failed dreadfully:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/bca4435136968752b0d311211e29fa0b/tumblr_mv6qvgBoR01rnjdzho4_400.gif

Mystic Mock
28-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Nicholas is a bit like Jahmene and Rebecca Ferguson, standing there like a statue with a limited voice and sail through each week and probably come runner up as the majority of the public will rally behind the more interesting act that faces him.

reece(:
28-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Nicholas is a bit like Jahmene and Rebecca Ferguson, standing there like a statue with a limited voice and sail through each week and probably come runner up as the majority of the public will rally behind the more interesting act that faces him.
http://i.minus.com/ibzTb9Hh1xn2Kj.gif

Rebecca didn't stand there all the time :nono:

Joelle.
28-10-2013, 11:13 PM

I must say I am shocked Mock

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ppcdNixw1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Mystic Mock
28-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Rebecca was exactly like that away from the final night when she finally showed a bit more life.

Joelle.
28-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Rebecca was exactly like that away from the final night when she finally showed a bit more life.

I thought the beauty of Rebecca was that she had such a unique and distinctive voice (which I've never heard anything like on the show before or since) so didn't need to hide any lack of talent with an elaborate stage set up, or by dancing. Then again I'm biased since I adore her. :laugh:

What do you think of the music she's released Mock?

Me. I Am Salman
28-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Rebecca also had the potential to make great songs + sell records which has been proven, she was miles more talented and also unique

Who'd buy a song released by Nicholas D:

Mystic Mock
28-10-2013, 11:45 PM
I thought the beauty of Rebecca was that she had such a unique and distinctive voice (which I've never heard anything like on the show before or since) so didn't need to hide any lack of talent with an elaborate stage set up, or by dancing. Then again I'm biased since I adore her. :laugh:

What do you think of the music she's released Mock?

I listened to one of her songs and her voice still sounded harsh on my ears, and I do think she's limited in what she can do.

Me. I Am Salman
28-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Nicholas is nothing like Rebecca lets just leave it there

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 02:10 AM
He's got a nice voice, but he's flat as a pancake. I don't really feel it when he's singing. :(

Videostar
02-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Even in disco week Nicholas still looks like it's a struggle for him to enjoy himself and perform...he made an up tempo song seem drab and downbeat.

Vanessa
02-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Even in disco week Nicholas still looks like it's a struggle for him to enjoy himself and perform...he made an up tempo song seem drab and downbeat.

Agreed. That was awful. And completely the wrong song choice.

smudgie
02-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Shock bottom2 maybe..it was pretty dire.