PDA

View Full Version : How tf do you use hairspray properly

Me. I Am Salman
24-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Every morning I wash my hair and brush it upwards. Then I put hairspray on so it stays but it always ruins it and brings it down, and I try brush it but it goes even worse and I end up washing my hair again and it wastes so much time that I actually dread mornings and always end up really late

what are some tips http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18vrn7691s6r4gif/original.gif

Jake.
24-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Don't use hairspray, give wax a go and blowdry it to your desired style

Jordan.
24-10-2013, 07:14 PM
stop buying cheap weave

Me. I Am Salman
24-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Don't use hairspray, give wax a go and blowdry it to your desired style

I don't have my own hair dryer, my older brother has a really expensive one and I only use it when I start late and he's already at work so he doesn't know, which is like once a week

also I'm dreadful at using wax/gel

Z
24-10-2013, 07:15 PM
I use gel to get it to the desired look and then spray hairspray to keep it in place..

Me. I Am Salman
24-10-2013, 07:16 PM
stop buying cheap weave

:nono:

Me. I Am Salman
24-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I use gel to get it to the desired look and then spray hairspray to keep it in place..

How sticky is your hair? :shocked:

Z
24-10-2013, 07:18 PM
How sticky is your hair? :shocked:

Not very. My hair's quite... different to most other people's, it's quite silky and looks rubbish if it's flat and it won't stay in place if I just used one product on it. Learned through years of trial and error

Saph
24-10-2013, 07:28 PM
You have to spray from a distance otherwise you get white spots in your hair that looks like dandruff

Ninastar
24-10-2013, 07:34 PM
dry your hair upside down, add small amount of gel/wax to nearly dried hair and then add more once it's dried and then add hairspray

or buy straightners

King Gizzard
24-10-2013, 07:35 PM
or shave your head

Verbal
24-10-2013, 07:37 PM
put talc in the hairdyer, it helps it stay in place

fingers
24-10-2013, 07:38 PM
You have to spray from a distance otherwise you get white spots in your hair that looks like dandruff

Spray from a distance and less is more! try "Back combing" and spraying from about 12-18 inches away - very short bursts.

Me. I Am Salman
24-10-2013, 07:41 PM
or shave your head

It's one of the reason why I regularly cut my hair really short. Too much hassle

Josy
24-10-2013, 08:13 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUDnOK6yvIngDMFLWJQrB1GRwT1lcdP ks9hY4qm1gLsS29hlau

Do what Caitlin said.

Marc
24-10-2013, 08:14 PM
stop buying cheap weave

:joker:

reece(:
24-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I only use it sparingly if I'm using the hair straighteners.

Kazanne
24-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't use hairspray I don't like the way it makes my hair feel,I don't use products on it really unless it's for something special and I have to have my hair 'up' or something.

lostalex
24-10-2013, 08:30 PM
We need pics. I can't give any advice without seeing the hair in question.

Marc
24-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Why don't you just put some gel in it or something

Roy Mars III
24-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Men don't use hairspray, use gel

Gstar
24-10-2013, 09:21 PM
You're asking a black person for hairspray advice. Gurl bye

Ninastar
24-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Can we be friends?

Gstar
24-10-2013, 09:36 PM
^ of course

lostalex
24-10-2013, 09:38 PM

I thought black people know more about hair than any race. They definitely seem the most obsessed with it.

Gstar
24-10-2013, 10:41 PM
^ was that a read

Me. I Am Salman
24-10-2013, 10:47 PM
shut up & get a new lacefront

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
28-10-2013, 07:42 PM
use semen like cameron diaz init

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
28-10-2013, 07:44 PM
I thought black people know more about hair than any race. They definitely seem the most obsessed with it.

Lol no our hair is just harder to maintain, unlike every other race who have similar hair. We can't blowdry everyday and not get heat damage, we can't shampoo like a crazy person in the shower and not expect a wild mess, we can't straighten our hair and expect it not to look like captain caveman when the rain wets it the list is endless but I am happy to say more and more black people are starting to enjoy the versatility of their hair regardless of what society/media calls beautiful :D

Stu
28-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Not very. My hair's quite... different to most other people's, it's quite silky and looks rubbish if it's flat and it won't stay in place if I just used one product on it. Learned through years of trial and error
This is me. Only you got a nice tidy haircut and my hair is massive at this stage. Up until recently I needed paste/clay hair products to ruffle it into a messed up style and hairspray to keep it that way. Otherwise it would sink in to this weird super flat, super shiny, odd shaped ... just awful ... awfulness. My hair has this naturally weird shape if I just let if fall down. So I don't.

Mind you it's getting long enough now to simply tangle and gain volume itself with a bit of palm twirling and stuff - no products needed. Which is good because the amount of hairspray I used to use just absolutely murdered my hair. Every time I got ready to go out town my housemates used to call it the final solution because you could walk in to the bathroom afterwards and literally hallucinate on the fumes.

I get constant comparisons to Gary Oldman in Sid & Nancy and Robert Smith and stuff but really it's all I can do with my hair. Left naturally growing it takes a horrible shape until it's really long and I hate it short because my head shape is a bit like Kryten from Red Dwarf after a hair cut.

Ninastar
28-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Lol no our hair is just harder to maintain, unlike every other race who have similar hair. We can't blowdry everyday and not get heat damage, we can't shampoo like a crazy person in the shower and not expect a wild mess, we can't straighten our hair and expect it not to look like captain caveman when the rain wets it the list is endless but I am happy to say more and more black people are starting to enjoy the versatility of their hair regardless of what society/media calls beautiful :D

how do you put your hair in bobbles?

i tried to put them in a black childs hair at work and it was really hard

also how do you do cornrows? i might have to youtube this...

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
28-10-2013, 07:56 PM
how do you put your hair in bobbles?

i tried to put them in a black childs hair at work and it was really hard

also how do you do cornrows? i might have to youtube this...

kii4IByvJwo
Cornrow.

I'm ashamed to say I don't know what bobbles are. :/

Ninastar
28-10-2013, 07:57 PM
like pony tail?

i dont know how you spell it here... hair bobbles... pretty much ponytails?

Ninastar
28-10-2013, 07:59 PM
also its amazing how long black peoples hair can be when it's pulled.

that sounds sexual but i dont mean it like that

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
28-10-2013, 08:15 PM
also its amazing how long black peoples hair can be when it's pulled.

that sounds sexual but i dont mean it like that

we call it shrinkage.Basically when you're 100% natural (no chemical straightener/relaxer) since our hair is the tightest curl, when it's wet it shrinks. Someone that looks ear lenght hair can actually be mid back lenght if hair is stretched by blowdrying, or other methods like this. Couldn't find a better one

2Fgt_4HZm00

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
28-10-2013, 08:30 PM
another good example of shrinkage. You see this one stretch as she flat irons.
vKhCTpq15x4

Sorry to disrupt your thread.

Using gel then using spray is the way to go, as per my white male friends. :D

Ninastar
28-10-2013, 09:35 PM
we call it shrinkage.Basically when you're 100% natural (no chemical straightener/relaxer) since our hair is the tightest curl, when it's wet it shrinks. Someone that looks ear lenght hair can actually be mid back lenght if hair is stretched by blowdrying, or other methods like this. Couldn't find a better one

2Fgt_4HZm00

i actually think it's really interesting

i am ready to have black babies now. thank you

Brother Leon
28-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Just shave it all off and grow a beard. Best thing.