PDA

View Full Version : Flash Vote axed?

Jack_
29-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Someone on DS noticed in that every press release about each Saturday's live show so far has said this:

After voting lines have closed and the votes have been counted and verified, the contestant with the lowest number of votes will be revealed and told that they face the sing-off tomorrow night. Voting lines for the remaining contestants will then reopen until Sunday night’s show where the second contestant to face the sing off will be revealed.

...but week 4 and 5's synopsis only says this:

The two contestants who poll the lowest in the public vote will face the dreaded sing-off on Sunday night.

Please say this is true I'll be so happy :( it really isn't working and it isn't doing anything ratings wise like they'd hoped either

Jordan.
29-10-2013, 12:25 PM
yes please http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/public/style_emoticons/default/***********

GiRTh
29-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Whats this?? Did they change the voting format?

Jack_
29-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Whats this?? Did they change the voting format?

Yes and it's ruined all the suspense of the judges vote and it's also kinda unfair

Lines open at the end of Saturday's performance and are frozen after about 9 minutes after which the act with the least votes is revealed, that person is then definitely in Sunday's sing-off. Lines then reopen and whoever has the least after 24 hours secures the second sing-off place

But there's no deadlock so in the event of a tie the act who lost the Flash Vote goes home, effectively meaning unless they secure the votes of both neutral judges, they go home. It has to be 3-1 in their favour while the overnight vote loser only needs 2-2. It's killed all the tension since it's kinda obvious which way the result is going to go before the judges even start voting

As far as I'm aware the figures have actually been decreasing once the Flash Vote commences too and I don't think the result shows are doing amazingly? But someone could correct me on that. It needs to go

Natalie.
29-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Hope so, flash vote is crap

GiRTh
29-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Yes and it's ruined all the suspense of the judges vote and it's also kinda unfair

Lines open at the end of Saturday's performance and are frozen after about 9 minutes after which the act with the least votes is revealed, that person is then definitely in Sunday's sing-off. Lines then reopen and whoever has the least after 24 hours secures the second sing-off place

But there's no deadlock so in the event of a tie the act who lost the Flash Vote goes home, effectively meaning unless they secure the votes of both neutral judges, they go home. It has to be 3-1 in their favour while the overnight vote loser only needs 2-2. It's killed all the tension since it's kinda obvious which way the result is going to go before the judges even start voting

As far as I'm aware the figures have actually been decreasing once the Flash Vote commences too and I don't think the result shows are doing amazingly? But someone could correct me on that. It needs to goThats a terrible change. Glad I'm not watching now.

So after less than ten minutes voting they decided one of the sing off contestants. Sounds like the producers are getting desperate.

Samm
29-10-2013, 03:23 PM
yes please

reece(:
29-10-2013, 03:26 PM
As much as it sucks, axing it now would make the series such a mess. Unfortunately, stick with the format and roll with it.

mizzy25
29-10-2013, 03:30 PM
They shud go back to it all being on a sat night that was much more interesting. Flash vote is pants.

King Gizzard
29-10-2013, 03:34 PM
They'd surely be too stubborn to go back to the old system, they will have probably have thought of something else than deadlock

Gstar
29-10-2013, 03:35 PM
This was a very stupid idea to begin with, and don't get me started with the 5th judge idea. They need to something bigger and better seeing as it's the 10th series

Mystic Mock
29-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Tbf am I the only that thinks that if the act was bottom of the Flash Vote then they was very likely to be in the bottom two anyway as when the lines first open is when The X Factor gets most of their votes come in anyway.

Jack_
29-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Tbf am I the only that thinks that if the act was bottom of the Flash Vote then they was very likely to be in the bottom two anyway as when the lines first open is when The X Factor gets most of their votes come in anyway.

No I disagree, I think most of the votes come through during the results show, that's certainly always been the time when I've ever voted anyway

newsbb
29-10-2013, 07:41 PM
i actually quite liked the flash vote.. even more so when kingsland road ended up last