PDA

View Full Version : Suggests songs for disco week

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Which songs do you think would suit each contestant best?

My choices :

Abi : Billy Jean, Michael Jackson(slowed down version)
Hannah : I will survive, Gloria Gaynor
Tamera : Wishing on a star, Rose Royce
Sam B : Dancing Queen, Abba

Nicholas : Night fever, Bee Gees
Sam C : Do you think i'm sexy, Rod Stewart
Luke F. : Don't leave me this way, Thelma Houston(Commodores version)

Kingsland Road : Celebration, Kool and the gang
Rough Copy : Relight my fire, Take that

This are the 100 biggest disco songs of all time :

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_disco-songs.html

GiRTh
29-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Some very hard songs there. Dancing Queen is way too high anyone who attempts it is very brave and very stupid. Ditto any Bee Gee's track. Wishing on a star would be good.

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Some very hard songs there. Dancing Queen is way too high anyone who attempts it is very brave and very stupid. Ditto any Bee Gee's track.

This theme is so hard. :hugesmile:

Brother Leon
29-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Abi doing Billy Jean and killing another classic would make me want to smash the tele tbh.

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Abi doing Billy Jean and killing another classic would make me want to smash the tele tbh.

I just have no idea what she could sing. :joker:

GiRTh
29-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Abi doing Billy Jean and killing another classic would make me want to smash the tele tbh.This. Even though I wont be watching. LOL

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 12:39 PM
This. Even though I wont be watching. LOL

I think he will really struggle this week.

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Abi : Slowed down version of any song :laugh:

Niamh.
29-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Kingsland Road : YMCA
Hannah : Don't leave me this way
Sam Bailey : Never Can say Goodbye
Tamera : Heart of Glass

GiRTh
29-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Kung Fu Fighting.

BigSister
29-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I dont have a clue but like last week with Sam C and Miss Dynamix with the movie songs there will be one `diisco` song that isnt really classified as disco
I like whoever said never gonna say goodbye for Sam B though.

mizzy25
29-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Someone suggested dancing in the moonlight for Luke and I think that would be a great song for him. Can anyone picture Luke sitting on a beach somewhere like summer bay just playing his guitar and singing effortlessly? He is cool lol

mizzy25
29-10-2013, 03:36 PM
What about I cant stand the rain for Hannah?

mizzy25
29-10-2013, 03:38 PM
wishing on a star for kingsland road.
I think Abi and Sam bailey will struggle this week.

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Someone suggested dancing in the moonlight for Luke and I think that would be a great song for him. Can anyone picture Luke sitting on a beach somewhere like summer bay just playing his guitar and singing effortlessly? He is cool lol

I like that. I think he'd sound amazing. :worship:

Mystic Mock
29-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Boys:
Luke Friend - 1999 by Prince
Nicholas McDonald - Relight My Fire by Dan Hartman
Sam Callahan - Stayin Alive by Bee Gees (I really can't think of anything for him this week lol)

Girls:
Hannah Barrett - Don't Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston
Tamera Foster - I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
Abi Alton - It's Raining Men by Weather Girls

Groups:
Kingsland Road - YMCA by Village People
Rough Copy - Billie Jean by Michael Jackson

Overs:
Sam Bailey - Spank by Jimmy "Bo" Horne

Shaun
29-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm sure I remember a slowed down version of 'Get Lucky' doing the rounds earlier this year, so I'm sure Abi'll probably get her mitts on that.

BigSister
29-10-2013, 06:32 PM
hannah or Tamara or even Sam B should do set me free N trance.
I could imagine Kingsland road doing YMCA and dressing them up in the outfits

Ammi
29-10-2013, 06:36 PM
..I think that Abi should try something completely different, like Last Dance/Donna Summer...

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Someone on DS suggested this for Sam. Omg! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

97RjuC9YeXg

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 10:03 PM
I think this song would be great for Abi.

RlJGrIyt-X8

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 10:12 PM
O this one for Abi :

iC-_lVzdiFE

Benji_
29-10-2013, 10:57 PM
I just hope they do original and modern songs, had anough of blast to the past

Vanessa
29-10-2013, 10:58 PM
I just hope they do original and modern songs, had anough of blast to the past

No idea. I suppose modern songs are allowed as well as the classics. :shrug:

Mystic Mock
30-10-2013, 02:03 AM
O this one for Abi :

iC-_lVzdiFE

After what Amanda Brown did to that song on The Voice US I really don't want anyone on The X Factor touching it, especially Abi.:joker:

joeysteele
30-10-2013, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't know what to give this lot as to disco week.
A disco song that gets overlooked on X Factor is 'Born to be alive' by 'Patrick Hernandez',I would maybe try Sam Callahan with that one or 'Gimme Some' by 'Brendon'.

For Sam Bailey,I would give her something like 'If I can't Have You' by 'Yvonne Elliman'.

Luke however will do really good with whatever song he gets and really he can turn his style to any song in my view.

Abi no doubt will likely assassinate some disco song so I would likely just throw something like 'Ring my bell' by 'Anita Ward' at her, surely she cannot do much to that.

Vanessa
30-10-2013, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't know what to give this lot as to disco week.
A disco song that gets overlooked on X Factor is 'Born to be alive' by 'Patrick Hernandez',I would maybe try Sam Callahan with that one or 'Gimme Some' by 'Brendon'.

For Sam Bailey,I would give her something like 'If I can't Have You' by 'Yvonne Elliman'.

Luke however will do really good with whatever song he gets and really he can turn his style to any song in my view.

Abi no doubt will likely assassinate some disco song so I would likely just throw something like 'Ring my bell' by 'Anita Ward' at her, surely she cannot do much to that.

This song is perfect for Luke :

0yBnIUX0QAE

Vanessa
30-10-2013, 09:08 AM

I sent it to Luke on his twitter. I hope he likes it! :hugesmile:

joeysteele
30-10-2013, 08:51 PM
This song is perfect for Luke :

0yBnIUX0QAE

Yes I agree Vanessa,he could really do good with that one.
I don't however think he has any problems this week,no matter what he does really.
He is just a good all round artiste who can adapt too to whatever he is given to sing.

Vanessa
30-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Yes I agree Vanessa,he could really do good with that one.
I don't however think he has any problems this week,no matter what he does really.
He is just a good all round artiste who can adapt too to whatever he is given to sing.

There are some rumours on DS that he's got Justin Timberlake "Suit and Tie". Omg! That would be amazing too! Such a great song! :amazed:

joeysteele
30-10-2013, 09:08 PM
There are some rumours on DS that he's got Justin Timberlake "Suit and Tie". Omg! That would be amazing too! Such a great song! :amazed:

That would be another good one for him but whatever he is given he will likely make his own anyway.
I hope he goes on to win this X Factor series really,he is way ahead of the rest of the acts.

Vanessa
30-10-2013, 09:09 PM
That would be another good one for him but whatever he is given he will likely make his own anyway.
I hope he goes on to win this X Factor series really,he is way ahead of the rest of the acts.

I hope so. I think he's amazing. I haven't felt this passionate about someone on x factor since Leona Lewis. :hugesmile:

smudgie
30-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Someone on DS suggested this for Sam. Omg! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

97RjuC9YeXg

:joker::joker: I remember it well. Great song to sing when drunk.:hugesmile: