PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Canada season two to launch with a 'major, original twist'

Jack_
02-11-2013, 12:01 PM
'Major’ original twist planned for Big Brother Canada

Big Brother Canada’s second season will launch with a ‘major’ twist that has never been done before in any other country, it’s claimed.

Executive producer John Brunton revealed the news in an interview with CarterMatt.com, claiming that the scheme would ‘shock’ contestants with a ‘huge involvement’ from the Canadian public.

“We have a major theme that we are working on this year,” he stated.

“I can’t reveal it to you, but it’s something that I don’t think that anyone has ever seen on a ‘Big Brother’ show in the United States or Canada. It’s a major, major thing that we’re pulling off.

“We’re going to do something at the beginning that again, nobody’s ever seen on any ‘Big Brother’ anywhere.”

He added: “It will have a huge involvement with Canadians all across the country, and it’s going to be shocking to the houseguests. They’re going to be freaked out.

“I’m telling you: It’s going to be a freakin’ barnburner. People are going to be on the edge of their seats.”

Brunton – who has also executive produced shows such as Canada’s Got Talent and Canadian Idol – was speaking at auditions for the new season, which closed last week.

It was recently reported that the Big Brother Canada house will be moved to a new location ahead of its second run, which is expected to begin in February.

bbspy (http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbcan/news/1102/major-original-twist-planned-for-big-brother-canada-season-two-2014#ixzz2jUaJfVgG)

Intriguing...does sound like they want to distinguish this and the US show though and make it a hybrid of the US and UK formats

Maybe Canada picks each weeks HoH?

getgraceout
02-11-2013, 12:02 PM
when is the launch date ? soon or next year

Jack_
02-11-2013, 12:04 PM
February

Headie
02-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I'm so excited!!!! Can they just like add a month on to it and have it from January plz, I hate all this waiting.

zakman440
02-11-2013, 09:08 PM
BB Canada :lovedup:

MeMyselfAndI
02-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Oh god, they're involving the public

lostalex
02-11-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm trying to think of something that's never been done before by any country. There have been so many different twists around the world, it's hard to think of something that would be totally new.

What do you guys think it could be?

reece(:
03-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Another 'Chevrolet Power Shift'? :joker:

Firewire
03-11-2013, 12:56 AM
it might be a "vote for your favourite houseguest" twist where the person with the least votes leaves after the first day (or something similar)

Headie
04-01-2014, 01:03 AM
I think that it's gonna be normal BBUSA rules but the public gets to decide who stays/goes out of the 2 post-veto nominees.

Jack_
04-01-2014, 01:29 AM
I think that it's gonna be normal BBUSA rules but the public gets to decide who stays/goes out of the 2 post-veto nominees.

That better not happen, the house vote is one of my favourite parts of the US format. I think I'd consider not watching if this were the case

I don't mind public involvement in this if they're willing to experiment but that would be too far. Perhaps having the HoH make three nominations and the public saves one before the house vote would work okay - and that's an idea I suggested once as something we could try in the UK to cross the barrier into implementing the US format. I wouldn't mind that.

LemonJam
04-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I hope this turns out to be a trainwreck because that's what BBCan does best :love:

Marc
04-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I hope they murder somebody straight off the back of the launch!

Samm
05-01-2014, 02:49 AM
Don't know if this season could beat season 1 but I will see

Marc
05-01-2014, 08:46 AM
orrr! they will make the word 'chopping block' literal. and when people are evicted their heads are chopped off and hung up on the wall of houseguests as a reminder of the remaining houseguest's success.

lostalex
25-01-2014, 10:34 AM
orrr! they will make the word 'chopping block' literal. and when people are evicted their heads are chopped off and hung up on the wall of houseguests as a reminder of the remaining houseguest's success.

...then they will taxidermy them, add some antlers, and put animatronics in them, and the evicted housemate's heads of season 2 will be the the children of Marsha and Marge the Moose for season 3.

Maneki-neko
25-02-2014, 06:45 PM
...What if they take on the UK format for a bit. Public voting people out? I mean I know it's been done, but nobody in Canada really knows the UK version so maybe. Haha I know a lot of you would loathe that but I'd like it. Maybe only for a few weeks.

jyunga
25-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Canada votes the first HoH.

Firewire
25-02-2014, 08:58 PM
there's an eviction the 6th, so i assume it'll have something to do with HoH/noms

Headie
25-02-2014, 09:00 PM
there's an eviction the 6th, so i assume it'll have something to do with HoH/noms

Yeah but housemates go into the house like a week prior to that, so it'll be like Kat last year where we only saw one episode of her.

reece(:
25-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Canada votes the first HoH.
Not possible

Firewire
25-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Yeah but housemates go into the house like a week prior to that, so it'll be like Kat last year where we only saw one episode of her.

that's true... when do they go in? saturday?

lukee
26-02-2014, 01:32 PM
the 15th hg from season 1 ?

Headie
26-02-2014, 03:49 PM
that's true... when do they go in? saturday?

I think it's tomorrow, not too sure though tbh.

Headie
26-02-2014, 03:49 PM
It'll probably be some crappy twist where Andrew's brother is the 15th HG and he has to pretend that he's actually Andrew or something.