[Air travellers 'don't trust female pilots': Survey
finds most would prefer a man to be at the controls
Survey found 51 per cent of passengers
wouldn't trust a woman pilot
Most common reason given was that
males would be more skilled
Those who preferred a female captain
said men would be too hot-headed]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2486905/Air-travellers-dont-trust-female-pilots-Survey-finds-prefer-man-controls.html#ixzz2jfXZeDyD

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_04/CaptLynnES_468x668.jpg

No Stay at Home , Honey

AnnieK
04-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Ridiculous....they all have the same training.

Lee.
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Niamh!! It's not just me! :amazed:

Jesus.
04-11-2013, 09:13 AM
I don't want to be 35,000ft in the air worrying whether the pilot is checking her lippy in the rear view mirror.

Next there'll be women doctors if we don't draw the line somewhere.

Niamh.
04-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Niamh!! It's not just me! :amazed:

Don't make me slap you Lee :nono:

Lee.
04-11-2013, 09:18 AM
:joker:

Z
04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
I don't mind them flying planes but see if they're trying to do a reverse bay park into the airport, we'll be waiting for hours until they get the stairs out and send a male pilot up to do it :bored:

Ammi
04-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't mind them flying planes but see if they're trying to do a reverse bay park into the airport, we'll be waiting for hours until they get the stairs out and send a male pilot up to do it :bored:

..yeah, I guess..but that's because too true to life, the male pilots are all to drunk to fly and the female had been designated driver..:wink:...

Z
04-11-2013, 11:19 AM
..yeah, I guess..but that's because too true to life, the male pilots are all to drunk to fly and the female had been designated driver..:wink:...

Ammi I can't believe you would insinuate that all male pilots would be too drunk to fly, that is really offensive to men everywhere and I can't believe you've lowered the tone of the thread, we were all having a fair and unbiased discussion until you showed up with your misandry.

Ammi
04-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Ammi I can't believe you would insinuate that all male pilots would be too drunk to fly, that is really offensive to men everywhere and I can't believe you've lowered the tone of the thread, we were all having a fair and unbiased discussion until you showed up with your misandry.

..that's me Zee..you can always rely on misammiandry to lower the tone of a thread...

Niamh.
04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Boom!

Z
04-11-2013, 11:24 AM
..that's me Zee..you can always rely on misammiandry to lower the tone of a thread...

:joker: OHHHHH!

In all seriousness though, I don't think I've ever paid thought to the gender of the person flying the plane, I'm usually too busy trying not to be squashed by the obese person next to me and huffing because we're not getting free peanuts because someone has an allergy :hmph:

Ammi
04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
:joker: OHHHHH!

In all seriousness though, I don't think I've ever paid thought to the gender of the person flying the plane, I'm usually too busy trying not to be squashed by the obese person next to me and huffing because we're not getting free peanuts because someone has an allergy :hmph:

..also, the person in front of you who keeps putting their seat back because they 'need' a sleep on a one and a half hour flight..:idc:...

Z
04-11-2013, 11:31 AM
..also, the person in front of you who keeps putting their seat back because they 'need' a sleep on a one and a half hour flight..:idc:...

Ugh and the compulsive pee-er sitting at the window seat who keeps getting up to go to the toilet every time you start to nod off. As for the screaming baby directly behind you and the drunk holiday group three rows ahead, well they're all just a right bloody nuisance!

Ammi
04-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Ugh and the compulsive pee-er sitting at the window seat who keeps getting up to go to the toilet every time you start to nod off. As for the screaming baby directly behind you and the drunk holiday group three rows ahead, well they're all just a right bloody nuisance!

..and the person taking all your armrest..falling towards you while they're nodding off to sleep...the child who whines all through the flight and screams if mum tries to ask them not to...those LOOS,..!!!!!.....

..LOL.. the joys of flying..I would think that who was flying the plane..male/female would be the least of your grizzles.....

Ammi
04-11-2013, 11:37 AM
..well, so long as they were a qualified pilot, that is....

smudgie
04-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Makes no difference to me..I have never been on an aeroplane :hugesmile:

GiRTh
04-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Female pilots!!!!!

Whatever next? Monkey Tennis?

Jesus.
04-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Female pilots!!!!!

Whatever next? Monkey Tennis?

Smell my cheese ya nobber.