PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight question

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Well I heard eating 1400 calories a day continuously makes you lose weight over time (and it's really easy too, especially if you substitute a meal for cereal)

Would if still work though if you had junk food/unhealthy food regularly like crisps and stuff but still kept to the limit

No excercis obvs

Vicky.
04-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Works for me. Infact the more proper food I replace with junk..the quicker I lose :joker:

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
04-11-2013, 09:45 PM
people have been wondering this for decades everytime they're considering losing weight because that would just be sooooo ideal!! But I am not sure whether it's actually worked for anyone although there was a girl on dailymail that claimed to have lost weight by eating mcdonalds all year. Try and report back.:elephant:

King Gizzard
04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
extensive exercise is key to any diet in the long run

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Works for me. Infact the more proper food I replace with junk..the quicker I lose :joker:

I was watching this obesity programme on BBC3 an hour ago though and one of the women had to remove takeaways from her diet completely and really struggled, and I'm just thinking why cut it out when it's only like 900 calories, you can still have it as long as you have a simple cereal in the morning and like a sandwich for lunch, and even just one small snack, which can total around 1700 calories and that's perfectly fine two days a week if you don't have takeaways and stick to 1400 calories on the other days

maybe I'm just placing too much emphasis on calories and not other stuff you should reduce..

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
I was watching this obesity programme on BBC3 an hour ago though and one of the women had to remove takeaways from her diet completely and really struggled, and I'm just thinking why cut it out when it's only like 900 calories, you can still have it as long as you have a simple cereal in the morning and like a sandwich for lunch, and even just one small snack, which can total around 1700 calories and that's perfectly fine two days a week if you don't have takeaways and stick to 1400 calories on the other days

maybe I'm just placing too much emphasis on calories and not other stuff you should reduce..

just eat. don't cook

Vicky.
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Well just cutting the calories works fine for me, doesnt matter how much junk I eat as long as I stay low ish in calories over the day. Also its fine to go overboard one day as long as you make up for it soon after. I find to easier to keep totals of calories over the week..not per day...then it doesnt seem to matter much if I have a slip.

Best way to lose weight though is put yourself into ketosis. I did this not long ago..right after asking about the atkins diet.. and was losing a pound a day, which stayed off when I started eating normal again too. And its not even dangerous short term(doc use keto-diet to treat epilepsy sometimes, not quite sure how that works :suspect:)..plus when you are actually in ketosis, you feel ****ing amazing, full of energy and stop even being hungry most of the time. Quite hard to keep up with though because your carbs have to be ridiculously low. If you dont have much to lose, this is your best bet, as it could take only a week or two to lose 7lbs whereas other diets it would take about 2 months for the same

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't know how to cook things & I don't buy the groceries for my house so I can't do any specific diets

I'll just stick to having two bowls of cereal a day and something fat for lunch :love: and Quavers as a snack because it's only 98 kcal

Vicky.
04-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Now I am craving quavers. Ta very much :bored:

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:03 PM
just eat. don't cook

I Don't even know how to put the cooker on lmfao & my mum screws if I use kitchen appliances because I always leave a mess

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Now I am craving quavers. Ta very much :bored:

That and Skips <3

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:05 PM
extensive exercise is key to any diet in the long run

effort tho

I have a really rich friend at college who lives in the canary wharf apartments and has a residents gym downstairs :( so jealous, I'd make the effort if it was that easily accessible

GypsyGoth
04-11-2013, 10:07 PM
The problem with junk food is that you won't get the nutrients your bodies needs to keep running.

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Good point I guess, but It's alright if it's two days a week

Brother Leon
04-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Stop being lazy and lose weight with some sweat and pain.

Josy
04-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Salman cereal isn't as healthy as some would have you think btw.

Just eat some more good foods, grill things instead of frying and things like that.

Even adding in 30 minutes or so a day walking will also help drop pounds and inches faster..

Everyone is different and the food someone else eats to lose weight might not work as well with you.

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm not saying its healthy I'm just thinking in terms of calories lol
Also I do walk a lot on my way to and back from college and stuff

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Stop being lazy and lose weight with some sweat and pain.

You sound like my older brother who's like obsessed with getting a body and ****but he's been failing to for about seven years

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
The problem with junk food is that you won't get the nutrients your bodies needs to keep running.

boom! Gsypsy has spoken! End of discussion.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM

boom! Gsypsy has spoken! End of discussion.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
04-11-2013, 10:24 PM
I Don't even know how to put the cooker on lmfao & my mum screws if I use kitchen appliances because I always leave a mess

You have to learn to cook yourself then so you can control what you eat and stop feeling the urge to eat junk food. On youtube there's so many quick and easy tips for snacks and foods.

"she says as she cuts another slice of iceland cream and strawberry gateau"

Jordan.
04-11-2013, 10:24 PM
In the words of Mr Motivator "You want a hot body? You better work bitch"

Eatings 1400 calories worth of Mars bars isn't going to do the trick

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b7837e6849122e0142c337090db88ecc/tumblr_mne02qDUs51rurqrlo1_500.gif

Smithy
04-11-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm naturally skinny, so i don't have to worry about what i eat

http://i.imgur.com/7R8qkel.gif

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:29 PM
In the words of Mr Motivator "You want a hot body? You better work bitch"

Eatings 1400 calories worth of Mars bars isn't going to do the trick

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b7837e6849122e0142c337090db88ecc/tumblr_mne02qDUs51rurqrlo1_500.gif

Omg I actually went through a phase of buying the 4 bar multipack of mars every single morning from co-op back in secondary school, it only lasted a week and a half though before I felt sick

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm naturally skinny, so i don't have to worry about what i eat

http://i.imgur.com/7R8qkel.gif

I used to be suuuper skinny up until I was nine

Ninastar
04-11-2013, 10:36 PM
i lost like a stone and a half by not eating much junk during the week, but having the weekend off to have whatever I wanted

also I walked a bit too.

Stu
04-11-2013, 10:36 PM
You have to learn to cook yourself then so you can control what you eat and stop feeling the urge to eat junk food. On youtube there's so many quick and easy tips for snacks and foods.

"she says as she cuts another slice of iceland cream and strawberry gateau"
Bang on. Gradually learning to cook has made a huge difference to my life. I'm realizing what a slave to my inability to cook I used to be.

I can't believe people are still bumbling around trying to find solutions to get in to shape that seemingly don't involve having to do anything approaching getting in to shape at all.

You need healthy, natural foods seven days a week. You also need to work out. You don't have to go all Pauly D on it but jeez, go for a few jogs or do 50 press ups a day or something and stop trying to find lifehacks for the most important thing you have in this life.

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 10:37 PM
how long did it take to lose that

Kizzy
04-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Boys need muscle it increases your metabolic rate so you burn cals quicker, muscle weighs more than fat though so you might gain a little weight but you will look leaner and feel fitter.
Like stu says eat well if you want to get healthier.
cheese omelette, jacket potato with tuna ... Start easy :)

michael21
04-11-2013, 11:05 PM

:nono: the real problem with junk food is it taste so good :D

Me. I Am Salman
04-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Maybe when I'm older but not now

Z
05-11-2013, 12:13 AM
I shouldn't have opened this thread after I went to McDonald's for dinner for the first time in about half a year

Me. I Am Salman
05-11-2013, 06:05 PM
I take two buses to and from college and on the way back walked instead of taking the first bus walked it which is like 11-12 stops :amazed:

Ammi
05-11-2013, 06:08 PM
..:amazed:...very well done, Salman..I think walking makes you feel better as well..

Me. I Am Salman
05-11-2013, 06:11 PM
yeah I just had a random urge to walk.. probs because I just came out of a two hour lesson

Jake.
05-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I take in my own food to work now (mainly cereal) to avoid junk food, and I walk my dog for around 40 minutes pretty much every day, and I've lost weight doing it :)

Ammi
05-11-2013, 06:16 PM
..yeah, I think the thing is that you don't have to completely stop eating foods you like, I don't really believe in diets as such because you're depriving yourself of something...but just eat more healthier foods and have the junk stuff for a treat now and again...

Ammi
05-11-2013, 06:17 PM
..and it's cheaper as well, Jake..?..but your mind/body does feel healthier and you feel more alert if you eat healthier foods...

armand.kay
05-11-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm awful I loose lots of weight then put it all back on over Christmas, I promised myself I won't start slacking this year, also when I started going to the gym the urge to binge just goes overtime.
Drinking lots of water helps also.

Jake.
05-11-2013, 07:31 PM
..and it's cheaper as well, Jake..?..but your mind/body does feel healthier and you feel more alert if you eat healthier foods...

Well it's no different really, food at work doesn't cost and neither does taking in cereal :)

fingers
05-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Funny that, I just opened a pack of 9 Chocolate Wafer Bars with a huge 99 Calories on the outside (not why I bought them BTW) - Inside, EACH bar is labeled 99 Calories!

Cherie
05-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Funny that, I just opened a pack of 9 Chocolate Wafer Bars with a huge 99 Calories on the outside (not why I bought them BTW) - Inside, EACH bar is labeled 99 Calories!

so you expected each CHOCOLATE wafer bar to be 11 calories :suspect: !!

Salman you can eat as much as you like as long as you walk alot, and I don't mean sauntering, you need to walk fast.

fingers
05-11-2013, 08:59 PM

Salman you can eat as much as you like as long as you walk alot, and I don't mean sauntering, you need to walk fast.

Actually I wasn't interested in how many calories, but the outer wrapper says 9 Bars and underneath the 9 Bars there is a huge 99Calories. No doubt a simpleton could presume that each bar had 11 calories! :devil:

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
06-11-2013, 10:02 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2488312/The-woman-whos-eaten-junk-food-16-years.html

The woman who's so terrified of vegetables she's only eaten junk food for 16 years (and weighs just NINE stone)
Faye Campbell, 21, will only eat pizza, chips and cheeseburgers
Until age 15 she only ate chips - she has never eaten fruit or vegetables
Developed a food phobia after suffering a digestive condition as a child - caused her to suffer severe heartburn if she ate anything other than chips
She is only a size 10 and says doesn't have any health problems as a result of her poor diet
By EMMA INNES
PUBLISHED: 12:03, 6 November 2013 | UPDATED: 13:50, 6 November 2013
25 shares 197 View
comments
A 21-year-old woman has only eaten junk food for the past 16 years - and she weighs just 9st 12lb
despite her diet of cheeseburgers, pizza, crisps and chips.
Faye Campbell, from Stowmarket, Suffolk, will always choose McDonald's over any homemade meal and has never eaten a green vegetable or a piece of fruit.
Miss Campbell, who works as a carer, has been an extremely picky eater since she was a baby and up to the age of 15 she ate nothing but chips.
Scroll down for video
Faye Campbell, 21, only eats junk food - she has never eaten fruit or vegetables. Amazingly, she is a size ten and weighs just 9st 12lb
Faye Campbell, 21, only eats junk food - she has never eaten fruit or vegetables. Despite her poor diet, she is a size ten and weighs just 9st 12lb
She said: 'The thought of eating vegetables or any sort of fruit just makes me feel physically sick.
‘Even putting them near my mouth terrifies me.’
Miss Campbell's diet now consists of toast for breakfast, a large pizza from Dominos for lunch and cheeseburgers for dinner.

She eats potatoes - if they’re served as chips or waffles - and she can handle fruit - if it comes in fizzy drink form - but just the smell of any other vegetable is enough to turn her stomach.
She said: 'If mum is cooking a roast dinner with vegetables I have go in to a different room because I can’t stand the smell. Sometimes I have to open all the windows to get rid of it.
‘It’s got to the point where I’d be happy to sit in the lounge with a pizza, while they sit in the kitchen with their roast - it has become a normal routine for us now.
Scared of fruit and veg! The woman who only eats junk food

Miss Campbell (pictured with her sister, Lauren) developed a phobia of food because of a painful digestive disorder she suffered from as a child. Until she was 15 she only ate chips
Faye Campbell
Miss Campbell developed a phobia of food because of a painful digestive disorder she suffered from as a child. Until she was 15 she only ate chips
Miss Campbell said: 'The thought of eating vegetables or any sort of fruit just makes me feel physically sick. Even putting them near my mouth terrifies me'
Miss Campbell said: 'The thought of eating vegetables or any sort of fruit just makes me feel physically sick. Even putting them near my mouth terrifies me'
‘My family wish I could sit with them and have a meal together, but I just can’t.’
Miss Campbell has been a fussy eater since she was a child and when she was 12 the cause of her problems was discovered - she was diagnosed with a digestive disorder called gastroesophageal reflux.
The condition, which causes chronic indigestion and heartburn, meant she was left in agony after eating.
She discovered that the only thing she could eat that would not leave her in agony was chips.
Miss Campbell (pictured with her sister, Lauren) will leave the room if her mother is cooking vegetables as she cannot bear the smell
Miss Campbell (pictured with her sister, Lauren) will leave the room if her mother is cooking vegetables as she cannot bear the smell - sometimes she has to open the windows to get rid of it
Miss Campbell's diet now consists of toast for breakfast, a large pizza from Dominos for lunch and cheeseburgers for dinner.
Miss Campbell's diet now consists of toast for breakfast, a large pizza from Dominos for lunch and cheeseburgers for dinner. She eats potatoes - if they're served as chips or waffles - and she can handle fruit - if it comes in fizzy drink form - but just the smell of any other vegetable is enough to turn her stomach
Although doctors were able to cure her of her medical problem, she was left with a phobia of food.
It is only after seeing a child psychologist that she has started eating foods like pizza, burgers and cheese.
She said: 'My parents would put something in front of me and the plate would go half way across the room. That would be how bad it was. They’d try and try and try, but it just wouldn’t take it.
'It was really frustrating for them not knowing what was wrong with me but I couldn’t help it - the very thought of biting a piece of fruit or vegetable made me feel ill.
'If anyone put them near me I would just run away.'
Miss Campbell (pictured at the age of six) had gastroesophageal reflux as a child. The condition, which causes chronic indigestion and heartburn, meant she was left in agony after eating
Miss Campbell (pictured at the age of six) had gastroesophageal reflux as a child. The condition, which causes chronic indigestion and heartburn, meant she was left in agony after eating
Her mother, Carolyn, 42, said: ‘We tried to hide vegetables in her dinner, but she always found out and refused to eat them.
'When walking around the supermarket I would say to Faye that she could pick anything she wanted, but she just wasn’t interested in anything else.'
Miss Campbell explained that it took years of counselling to allow her to eat anything other than chips but that she is still fussy.
She said: ‘I still can’t bring myself to eat a roast dinner or a home-made lasagne.
‘It took me a good couple of years to get used to the other foods and I’m still fussy with that.
Miss Campbell (pictured with her sister, Lauren) said: 'I still can't bring myself to eat a roast dinner or a home-made lasagne. It took me a good couple of years to get used to the other foods and I'm still fussy with that'
Miss Campbell (pictured with her sister, Lauren) said: 'I still can't bring myself to eat a roast or a home-made lasagne. It took me a good couple of years to get used to the other foods and I'm still fussy with that'
'There’s just something in my brain that says "ugh" whenever I’m faced with new food and I go in to panic mode.
'As soon as the phobia kicks in I just can’t bring myself to eat - I can’t even think about taking a bite.'
Miss Campbell even admits her eating habits are so strange they have had an affect on her love life.
Men have tried to woo her with fancy meals out - but their romantic dates always end up in fast-food chains.
She said: 'Once a guy booked a lovely Italian place but we ended up in McDonald's because I couldn’t face eating anything on the menu.
Miss Campbell (pictured as a baby) has, amazingly, avoided ill health despite her poor diet
Miss Campbell (pictured as a baby) has, amazingly, avoided ill health despite her poor diet
Miss Campbell (pictured aged five) said: 'I would like to eat like a normal person, but until I can overcome my phobia of food, then that day won't happen for a long time'
Miss Campbell (pictured aged five) said: 'I would like to eat like a normal person, but until I can overcome my phobia of food, then that day won't happen for a long time'
'I would love to go into a restaurant and eat normally, but in my mind I have this phobia and I have to really get myself together first to be able to do that.'
Incredibly, 5ft 8 Miss Campbell has suffered no health problems after more than a decade of gorging on junk food.
And she’s managed to keep an enviable size ten figure.
Her sister, Lauren, 23, said: 'Faye hates going to the gym, so I get a little jealous when she eats all this junk food every day and doesn’t exercise, but still stays super skinny.'
Miss Campbell added: 'I would like to eat like a normal person, but until I can overcome my phobia of food, then that day won’t happen for a long time.'
Share or comment on this article

lOL I saw it and thought of you :joker:

Me. I Am Salman
07-11-2013, 08:59 PM
I take two buses to and from college and on the way back walked instead of taking the first bus walked it which is like 11-12 stops :amazed:

I did this again today #walkamileintheselouboutins

Me. I Am Salman
07-11-2013, 09:01 PM

thanks I will

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2488312/The-woman-whos-eaten-junk-food-16-years.html

lOL I saw it and thought of you :joker:

Lol

MeMyselfAndI
07-11-2013, 09:02 PM
A walk a mile and back everyday from college

MeMyselfAndI
07-11-2013, 09:02 PM
mainly because I've never been on a bus before, unless for school trips or sports game, they're scary and dirty