PDA

View Full Version : Why is BB speaking Welsh?

blue_didi
16-08-2006, 01:34 PM
does anyone know? or any ideas?

GlitterEyes
16-08-2006, 01:38 PM
http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=2957&articleMask=1

Kore
16-08-2006, 01:38 PM
prob to make fools out of us welsh. yuk i hate our language. lol

Louella
16-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Kore

What a terrible and ignorant thing to say

xGemmax
16-08-2006, 01:42 PM
You hate youre own laguage lol?:laugh::puzzled:

Kore
16-08-2006, 01:44 PM
yeh i do. its good that we have it. but i find its pointless, nobody else in the world speaks it. thats my opinion

Louella
Originally posted by jem_stone16

I know what a fool!

Post edited by admin - posts insulting other members are NOT allowed, take time to check out the forum rules.

blue_didi
Yeah thanks for the link.I read it but dont understand why they are doing it. why welsh? and just..why =s lol

GlitterEyes
16-08-2006, 01:46 PM
They are pro Glyn so thats a good enough reason for them:thumbs:

Kore
16-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Louella
Originally posted by jem_stone16

I know what a fool!

Post edited by admin - posts insulting other members are NOT allowed, take time to check out the forum rules.

right, im a fool for speaking my own opinion. a lot of people dont like the welsh language in wales, trust me.
u welsh louella?

as a welsh person its not against the law not to like the language of wales. most people speak english in wales anyway. only 20-30% speak welsh, and most of them speak english anyway....

whats the big deal eh? get back to me. :thumbs:

Louella
16-08-2006, 01:57 PM
yeh i do. its good that we have it. but i find its pointless, nobody else in the world speaks it. thats my opinion

Goes to show how much you know. Its spoken in the US, have met people there who speak it, Canada, Australia and 25,000 Welsh speakers in South America.

zira
16-08-2006, 02:02 PM
probably cos glynn is missing his chats with boring hehe

Kore
16-08-2006, 02:05 PM

Goes to show how much you know. Its spoken in the US, have met people there who speak it, Canada, Australia and 25,000 Welsh speakers in South America.

yeh i do know that in fact. some people in pennslyvania, U.S. and people ina small town in peru. hardly many is it??

how is it ignorant by the way?

Louella
16-08-2006, 02:16 PM

yeh i do know that in fact. some people in pennslyvania, U.S. and people ina small town in peru. hardly many is it??

how is it ignorant by the way?

If you don't know the answer to your question then it confirms my opinion of you. I have NEVER met any Welsh people who hate their own language. It is more or less equal to self loathing.

Sam
16-08-2006, 02:23 PM
wych! siarad yn cymraeg! im so glad there talking in welsh, im welsh and i love talking in welsh i dont want glyn to win though lol - i no its shocking someone welsh who dont want glyn to win.

Kore
16-08-2006, 02:29 PM
then you must be the only one who hasnt met a welsh person who dislikes the language... u must only know a few welsh people?? or are you welsh person? im proud to be welsh and proud to be british.

so your saying because im welsh i should be obsessed with the language??? seems like your the one whos wrong...

msg bak xxx:bigsmile:

Jordan
16-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Is Welsh easy or hard to learn? Id love to learn it.

Kore
16-08-2006, 02:36 PM
its not easy. its all jumbled up and backwards. itll be easier learning japanese or arabic....

:rolleyes:lolol

Blink_Me
16-08-2006, 02:40 PM
lIkE iT mUsT bE a sIgN gLyN wIlL wIn!!!! lIkE oMg!! :rolleyes:

Louella
16-08-2006, 02:47 PM
its not easy. its all jumbled up and backwards. itll be easier learning japanese or arabic....

AHA! this is why you hate it you are an English speaker who can't manage to learn it.

Louella
16-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jordan
Is Welsh easy or hard to learn? Id love to learn it.

I know English and German people who can speak it. It depends on how positive your attitude is. And you sound pretty positive to me.

Louella
16-08-2006, 02:50 PM
then you must be the only one who hasnt met a welsh person who dislikes the language... u must only know a few welsh people?? or are you welsh person? Im proud to be welsh and proud to be british.

so your saying because Im welsh i should be obsessed with the language??? seems like your the one whos wrong...

msg bak xxx:bigsmile:

Just because you find the languag difficult to learn doesn't mean you have to hate it. Not everyone can be good at learning languages.

Kore
16-08-2006, 02:50 PM

AHA! this is why you hate it you are an English speaker who can't manage to learn it.

aaaahahaha no, i just had no interest in it what so ever! why should i learn a language in school if i have no interest in it?

but yes im a primary english speaker. :thumbs:

english is the 2nd most spoken language in the world, and im currently learning spanish (which is the 3rd).

adios :spin2:

Louella
16-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by snig06
wych! siarad yn cymraeg! Im so glad there talking in welsh, Im welsh and i love talking in welsh i dont want glyn to win though lol - i no its shocking someone welsh who dont want glyn to win.

:xyxwave:

You don't HAVE to like Glyn cos he is Welsh. A lot of English people support him and don't llike the English ones. Its a matter of which personality you like best isn't it?

Kore
16-08-2006, 02:56 PM
course it is. i like glyn because hes been the most entertaining, not because hes welsh.

i also like pete.:thumbs:

Louella
16-08-2006, 03:14 PM

aaaahahaha no, i just had no interest in it what so ever! why should i learn a language in school if i have no interest in it?

but yes Im a primary english speaker. :thumbs:

english is the 2nd most spoken language in the world, and Im currently learning spanish (which is the 3rd).

Well done for learning Spanish. But there is no need to insult your own language because it sounds like you are insulting your own people. After all there are Welsh speakers in Wales and they wouldn't like you dissing their language.

bryony_rox
16-08-2006, 03:24 PM
OK i dont know who this welsh person is but if they dont like their language then thats their choice isnt it!

Kore
16-08-2006, 03:26 PM
dissing thier language?? its my language aswell, and i choose not to speak it?? how is insulting my fellow welsh people if i dont like the language. when 80-90% of wales also speak english. most of wales are just speak english and have no interest in larning it, because so few people in the world speak it.

you should learn more about wales and the welsh people before yapping your mouth off. :laugh::thumbs: cos there are loads more people with the same opinion as me. (about the language only)

and yeah its MY choice, and love being welsh. so whats the problem?

Louella
16-08-2006, 03:34 PM
dissing thier language?? its my language aswell, and i choose not to speak it?? how is insulting my fellow welsh people if i dont like the language. when 80-90% of wales also speak english. most of wales are just speak english and have no interest in larning it, because so few people in the world speak it.

you should learn more about wales and the welsh people before yapping your mouth off. :laugh::thumbs: cos there are loads more people with the same opinion as me. (about the language only)

No need to turn nasty you obviously have problems expressing yourself in English without resorting to insults. So no wonder you can't handle Welsh. Its not just YOUR language its a language for others too people who like it and respect it. Its MY choice to disagree with you matey get over it.

Louella
16-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by bryony_rox
OK i dont know who this welsh person is but if they dont like their language then thats their choice isnt it!

And its my choice to disagree with them

lambruscokid
16-08-2006, 03:35 PM

but yes Im a primary english speaker. :thumbs:

english is the 2nd most spoken language in the world, and Im currently learning spanish (which is the 3rd).

As someone who lives in the largest Spanish-speaking country in the world (America), I have to ask why you're bothering with Spanish.

Ok, you don't want to learn Welsh because you think it's a dead language, fair enough. But if you're going to learn another language that might help you in the future, why not learn Hindi or Chinese? India and China are the future if you're going into any major business.

Kore
16-08-2006, 03:45 PM

No need to turn nasty you obviously have problems expressing yourself in English without resorting to insults. So no wonder you can't handle Welsh. Its not just YOUR language its a language for others too people who like it and respect it. Its MY choice to disagree with you matey get over it.

i wasnt turning nasty...? its my choice that i think its no point in speaking the welsh language, and you must respect that, many welsh people agree with me. i dont see why your making a big scene over this?? ive expressed myself perfectly in english and no insults were directed at you.

seems like you are the only one resorting to insults when you called me a 'fool' an hour ago. :joker::thumbs:

listen mate you should chill out, respect my opinion. i have my own opinions, i love wales and would never disrespect my fellow welsh people, because that would mean im disrespecting myself!! LOL! but me not liking the language is a common thing in wales.

so your saying that everyone must like a language? your totally wrong mate. i respect the welsh language, but i dont like learning it and think its pointless. my opinion. get it in your head :thumbs::dance::colour::colour::colour::devil:

Kore
16-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by lambruscokid

As someone who lives in the largest Spanish-speaking country in the world (America), I have to ask why you're bothering with Spanish.

Ok, you don't want to learn Welsh because you think it's a dead language, fair enough. But if you're going to learn another language that might help you in the future, why not learn Hindi or Chinese? India and China are the future if you're going into any major business.

thanks for pointing that out lambruscokid :spin2:. i dno, ive always had a fancy for spanish.. which is the 3rd most spoken language in the world. and ive been to spain and spanish islands loads of times. the place where i work have spanish offices too so it could benefit me.:laugh::xyxwave:

Louella
16-08-2006, 03:55 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Louella
[quote]Originally posted by Kore
: cos there are loads more people with the same opinion as me
i .

so your saying that everyone must like a language? your totally wrong mate. i respect the welsh language, but i dont like learning it and think its pointless. my opinion. get it in your head :thumbs::dance::colour::colour::colour::devil:

Well at least you say you respect it now instead of using the word hate which is a very emotive word indeed.

Kore
16-08-2006, 03:58 PM
i .

Well at least you say you respect it now instead of using the word hate which is a very emotive word indeed.

well if i knew id get people like you on my case i wudnt have said it. i said it in a funny sort of way, not in an angry sort of way. i should of said dislike.

you still called me a fool which i think was out of order :hugesmile:

im off, be back laterz :thumbs:

Louella
16-08-2006, 04:10 PM
i .

well if i knew id get people like you on my case i wudnt have said it. i said it in a funny sort of way, not in an angry sort of way. i should of said dislike.

you still called me a fool which i think was out of order :hugesmile:

Im off, be back laterz :thumbs:

Dislike is better yes and sorry I called you a fool you are not a fool. :xyxwave:

Jordan
16-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Id love to learn a 2nd language - I study French at school, but tbh, I can't do it too well, I get distracted and I just get bored.

If I was to learn a diffrent language, I'd like to do Welsh, as its a British language, and if I was to live in UK when Im older, Id like to go to Wales!

Id like to learn Greek to, as I would like to move to Cyprus, but Greek is hard as they have a compleate diffrent alphabet/writing style.

Louella
16-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Id like to learn Greek to, as I would like to move to Cyprus, but Greek is hard as they have a compleate diffrent alphabet/writing style.

Yes Greek would be a challenge but you may find yourself being less distracted because you'd have to concentrate more. Its a shame that you can't go to France for a couple of months to learn French that would be far more valuable than sitting in a classroom.

James
16-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I know what a fool!

You might not agree with it but it is his choice to hold that position and should be respected.

I know that a lot of Scottish people would not choose to learn Gaelic - but some groups want to foist that language on the whole of Scotland despite it really only being a Highland language.

Ella
16-08-2006, 05:33 PM
I talk Spanish, French and a little but of German!

Just thought i'd share that with you fot some reason :tongue:

Jordan
16-08-2006, 05:37 PM

Yes Greek would be a challenge but you may find yourself being less distracted because you'd have to concentrate more. Its a shame that you can't go to France for a couple of months to learn French that would be far more valuable than sitting in a classroom.

Absolutly. In a classroom your learning things about school and hobbies and family, but lets be honest, you don't really use them on a proper converstaion.