PDA

View Full Version : Is Aisleyne racist?

lambruscokid
16-08-2006, 03:46 PM
After she met Jonathan, she called him "Leroy." I've heard people who aren't too fond of black people refer to them all as "Leroy" (kind of like calling a Mexican man Pablo) - but that's such an odd slipup for someone who claims to identify more with black culture, don't you think?

Crystal-Rose
16-08-2006, 03:46 PM
i dont agree, i havent heard her say any racist comments so.. :conf:

*PlayGirl*
16-08-2006, 03:52 PM
I think she said it was because she has a friend who looks like Jonathon and he's called Leroy.

Laydee--K
16-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeh she only called him Leroy because she has a friend who looks like Jonathon called Leroy.

Aisleyne to Win

Call: 09011 32 33 14

or

Text: AISLEYNE to 84444

Kore
16-08-2006, 03:55 PM
i dont think she was being racist.

but she surely doesnt deserve to win.

ash to lose!! :bigsmile:

Arneldo
16-08-2006, 03:57 PM
She has a friend who looks like Jonathon called Leroy.

kara
16-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by lambruscokid
After she met Jonathan, she called him "Leroy." I've heard people who aren't too fond of black people refer to them all as "Leroy" (kind of like calling a Mexican man Pablo) - but that's such an odd slipup for someone who claims to identify more with black culture, don't you think?

She has a friend called Leroy who happens to be black - he was on bblb

GlitterEyes
16-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah plus she has dated Tyson so she is hardly racist.

Bells
16-08-2006, 04:01 PM
It does seem as if she was contradicting herself just a bit.

But I don't think she meant it in a racist way really.

asha
16-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by bb4eva
She has a friend who looks like Jonathon called Leroy.

How ever came up with that must be racist themself to say that it racist remark when forgetting someone names who is black and called then leroy. She said herself she has a friend called leroy who he resembles. The person who said this is racist.

Ash is down with the black thats why she is hated by the likes of Grace.

GlitterEyes
16-08-2006, 04:04 PM
If anyone is racist I personally think those who label her as ghetto and speaking black is racist, why should words be related with colour. Just stupid.

kara
16-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
If anyone is racist I personally think those who label her as ghetto and speaking black is racist, why should words be related with colour. Just stupid.

well said!

Jordan
16-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Aisleyne is many horrid things, but she isn't racist.

kara
16-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Jordan

Is Nikki racist?

Blink_Me
16-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Nobody in the house is racist!! God! :rolleyes:

Jordan
16-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by kara
Originally posted by Jordan

Is Nikki racist?

Nope. For one, I don't see the word 'wigga' or being called 'black girl wannabe' racist.

lambruscokid
16-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by *PlayGirl*
I think she said it was because she has a friend who looks like Jonathon and he's called Leroy.

Did you SEE when she said that? It looked like such a blatant lie. She was covering up for her comment.

kara
16-08-2006, 04:20 PM

Did you SEE when she said that? It looked like such a blatant lie. She was covering up for her comment.

Insult removed - Stop insulting members or you will recieve a warning - Red

lambruscokid
16-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by kara

Insult removed - Stop insulting members or you will recieve a warning - Red

I didn't see the BBLB with this "Leroy" person on it, so I have to assume you're telling the truth - though I couldn't find anything by Googling "Leroy BBLB" or "Leroy Aisleyne".

If you think I'm just fabricating an issue, try reading this:

http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds9911.html
Hey Leroy, yo mam's callin ya

That was the chorus to a song that was popular way back in the Dark Ages. It became a catchphrase in the same way as "It’s Chico TIME!" did – yes, exactly. Something incredibly annoying that people repeated over and over and hated themselves for doing it. "Leroy" became a nickname for young black guys on the streets of urban America and you could walk down the streets hearing guys shouting to each other, "Hey Leroy", "Hey Leroy yourself". It was funny (apparently) until white people started calling young black guys Leroy whenever they didn't know their name – then suddenly being called Leroy was no longer quite as amusing. In certain areas of the Deep South calling someone "Leroy" could definitely still earn you a slap.

http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8540072154/m/2870058125/r/3860039125
Did you see that. Ha ha ha ha! Fancy calling Jonathon Leroy then pulling the old "ihave a friend that looks just like him (black) and his name is leroy". Worst cover up ever! Noticed a couple of the housemates looked a bit uneasy when she called him Leroy.

Red Moon
16-08-2006, 04:39 PM
This thread is getting out of hand and some posts have been removed.

If it doesn't stay on topic then I will close it!

Please note the warning system has changed - if you get one warning you will get an instant 24 hour ban (cooling off period). More details of the new system will be posted shortly.

This constant fighting must stop!

RedText

easypeasy
16-08-2006, 04:54 PM
clutching at straws trying to prove a girl who grew up in the east end of London with more black friends than she can shake a stick at is racist eh?
definately barking up the wrong tree.

andybigbro
16-08-2006, 04:55 PM
no she is not racist

lambruscokid
16-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by easypeasy
clutching at straws trying to prove a girl who grew up in the east end of London with more black friends than she can shake a stick at is racist eh?
definately barking up the wrong tree.

How is Regents Park the east end of London?
http://www.bigbrotheronline.co.uk/bigbrother7/latest/wk8/39.htm

Black comedian Junior Simpson on Aisleyne:

"It's not even black-speak, I think it's more urban speak," opined Junior, adding that it doesn't matter whether you're black, white or Indian, it's just a kind-of street talk.

Mocking the promo girl's ridiculous banter, he then said, "If you're 14, standing outside a shopping mall... wonderful. If your 27... learn something!"

"There's no ghetto in Regents Park.... they don't even have a kebab shop!"

James
16-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Better lock this.. these topics caused a load of arguments during BB6 and I can only see it going one way. Everyone's had their say anyway.