PDA

View Full Version : Glyn was very cute when he found his Welsh flag

lambruscokid
16-08-2006, 10:33 PM
It was fun to see how excited Glyn got when he pulled the Welsh flag out of the box of props. He really does love his Wales.

Deep2
16-08-2006, 10:42 PM
He is patriotic to the point of pathetic immaturity.

Hippy
16-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Deep2

I agree.

lambruscokid

He's got something he really loves, and it's nice to see. I wish there were something that made me as happy as Wales makes Glyn.

Ella
Why is loving your country pathetic??

wizzle_star
16-08-2006, 10:45 PM
what?:puzzled:

Invicta_Toon
16-08-2006, 10:46 PM
he's a simpleton

Hippy
16-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Elz_Belz

It's not, Glyn takes it way too far though. Almost having an orgasm because Big Brother spoke Welsh - it's ridiculous!

Ella
Originally posted by Hippy

It's not, Glyn takes it way too far though. Almost having an orgasm because Big Brother spoke Welsh - it's ridiculous!

Well i think its cute that he feels so strongly about his country!

wizzle_star
:thumbs:

Deep2
16-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by lambruscokid

He's got something he really loves, and it's nice to see. I wish there were something that made me as happy as Wales makes Glyn.

Problem is, if I love something that makes me patriotic to such a degree, it shows a blatant disregard for anything outside of his own little bubble. Hence the cause of prejudice and anti semitism.

lambruscokid
16-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by lambruscokid

Problem is, if I love something that makes me patriotic to such a degree, it shows a blatant disregard for anything outside of his own little bubble. Hence the cause of prejudice and anti semitism.

That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Glyn himself has said how he's happy that he's had a chance to make so many friends in the house that he would never have met in Wales. I don't really see how loving your country can make a person antisemitic.

Deep2
16-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, I suppose it is what you have seen in your life. I have seen people who are so naive as to love their own religion at the expense of any others. One should not favour where they come from. Sure, have an affinity with it, love it. But when this is taken too far, that is where the problems start. Anti semitism and racism are generally through naivety. I am certainly not claiming Glyn is anti semitic at all. I merely point out that being too patriotic can have harmful side effects. Take the current conflict in the middle east at its fundamental roots. It is merely a battle of differing beliefs and patriotic views.

lambruscokid
16-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Hippy

Well i think its cute that he feels so strongly about his country!

Thank you!

Ollie!
16-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Well, I suppose it is what you have seen in your life. I have seen people who are so naive as to love their own religion at the expense of any others. One should not favour where they come from. Sure, have an affinity with it, love it. But when this is taken too far, that is where the problems start. Anti semitism and racism are generally through naivety. I am certainly not claiming Glyn is anti semitic at all. I merely point out that being too patriotic can have harmful side effects. Take the current conflict in the middle east at its fundamental roots. It is merely a battle of differing beliefs and patriotic views.

No offence but I think it's your own prejudiced views informing your opinion. He's never said he hates England. Why would he have made so many English friends in the house if that were true? Wales is not a religion. He's only trying to keep the traditional aspects of Welsh culture alive like the language. What are you without your culture and heritage? As Aisleyne says: You've got to know yourself.

Kore
16-08-2006, 11:45 PM
oh ffs, who cares that he likes wales?? would you rather he dissed wales instead?